The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
I have posted once more. I hope it's to your liking.

Yeeaaaah, Martha would much appreciate some assistance.
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:44 PM
<Challenger>
Live with the flow, baby!

Nature: Jolly
I'd like another chance to signup. Would you accept my request to do so?

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old August 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Skymin
the knight

Nature: Quirky
Sorry I've been gone a little, guys! Just have a lot (and still have a lot) of university assessment to get through. D:

@heretostay123: you can try again if you wish.

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS ILL MISS YOU :'( / being human finale
my art blogi'll draw your character for $5!tumblr
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:13 PM
<Challenger>

Name: Aerys (Air-is) Targaryan (Tar-Gary-en) He has a nickname that people call him behind his back. "The Black Dragon" for he loves fire and wears black all the time.

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Mankey

Appearance: A very stately appearance. He has jet black hair that juts out to the front and ends in a spike after a foot, and sweeps behind his head like the end of a hammer, but spiked in the back also a foot behind him. He normally wears jet black jeans, a black over shirt with an image of the Blackthorne gym badge, and a black trench coat he usually wears. He has jet black boots that he keeps laced up to his knees. He's about 6'5, 150 pounds, and has charcoal grey eyes. He has a serious looking face, as he is always serious and has never laughed. He normally keeps his head held high, as he believes that he is above most people due to the fact that his father had been Pokemon Champion long, long ago. He is also twenty-five. He has an obsession with fire, and will use it for almost anything he can, from cooking to fighting, as he has a burn across his chest from fighting a member of a gang local to the Mirage Desert near the town of Lavaridge, where he visited often to see the volcano, as he loved to stare at the lave with an obsessive passion.

He has a slim, but muscular build. He has a catch phrase, "Watch it burn." His face is covered with light, black stubble.

Fresh from the mind of me :3

Roleplay Sample:
The lone figure waltzed through the Mossdeep department store as if he owned the place. "These people should be greatful I decided to grace their store with my presence." He mumbled to himself. He hated the place. "My father was the champion! I should be spending my time elsewhere. Arg!" He growled as he talked to himself yet again. He decided it was time for him to take his leave. He walked towards the door and it opened automatically. He didn't have the time to waste anyways. Aerys mumbled incoherently as he sauntered up to the jet black sports car and climbed in the driver's seat. He slammed the door shut and sighed. "Time to grace the Pandora region with my presence. They should be lucky I decided to spend my time there. Father will be proud." He sped his way towards the boat that would take him to final destination.

He finally arrived and unpacked his luggage. "I'd assume my bags will be carried for me?" He asked the nearest attendant arrogantly. He nodded swiftly and ordered a swarm of people to get them. "Good, good." His father had pulled some strings to get him here, and he wasn't going to disappoint hjim. Never. It would disgrace his family. He walked into his cabin and glanced around. It was one of the higher class cabins. Not as luxurious as I would like, but it will do for the time being. He felt completely emotionless as usual. Aerys looked under the desk and in the drawers, checking for any bugged areas. They might be following me... He thought to himself, remembering the many people he had infuriated back in Hoenn. When his paranoid side was satisfied, he truly examined the room. There was a nice bed in the corner with plush green blankets and feather soft pillows, a dresser in the other corner. It had an ingraving of the ship, the S.S Anne on it. Amature's work. He pulled out a carving of a blazing skull he had purchased from a friend in Lavaridge. He had a terrible passion for fire. He plopped down on the bed. Even champions need rest. He fell asleep immediatley.

Hours later, he awoke. "I require food." He said to himself. He began the long walk to the ship's buffet. Maybe I'll meet a woman who is equal to my status. He was never friendly to those below him.

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."

Last edited by <Challenger>; August 28th, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Nature: Relaxed
My absence in Pandora is also due to my hectic university schedule at the moment. I want to write a relatively long post to make up for this absence so in the next couple of days I should manage to get that sorted and posted then posting will be back to normal!

Edit: @Heretostay I'm assuming your character is based off Aerys II (The mad King) and not Aerys I? Also although I'm not a GM I would advise you to expand everything in the SU to match more closely the length of other peoples.

Last edited by Arctos; August 28th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
I'm also getting accustomed with university as well. My Pandora post will be a bit delayed, but I will get to it when I can. :)
Old August 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
<Challenger>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctos View Post
My absence in Pandora is also due to my hectic university schedule at the moment. I want to write a relatively long post to make up for this absence so in the next couple of days I should manage to get that sorted and posted then posting will be back to normal!

Edit: @Heretostay I'm assuming your character is based off Aerys II (The mad King) and not Aerys I? Also although I'm not a GM I would advise you to expand everything in the SU to match more closely the length of other peoples.
You've assumed correctly, though he is not as paranoid. Alright. I'll work on it.

@Skymin I'm not quite done. Its 10:30 PM here, and I have school in the morning. I'll finish tomorrow at about 7:30 PM Eastern seaboard.

Last edited by Skymin; August 28th, 2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: double posting
Old August 28th, 2012, 06:50 PM
firelordyago
The Sentinel

Nature: Modest
I'm just generally lazy and can't be bothered putting more effort into posting than I already do. You'll get a post sometime in the near future, Skymin.

XD
Old August 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Just wanted to give a heads up, I'm still here, I just have a hard time getting enthused enough to post in Pandora, mainly because my posts here are (other than one post) longer than my posts in any other roleplay, and they take a while to write.
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:40 PM
<Challenger>

Sorry it took me so long. Is there anything I can change?

Spoiler:
Name: Aerys (Air-is) Targaryan (Tar-Gary-en) He has a nickname that people call him behind his back. "The Black Dragon" for he loves fire and wears black all the time.

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Mankey

Appearance: A very stately appearance. He has jet black hair that juts out to the front and ends in a spike after a foot, and sweeps behind his head like the end of a hammer, but spiked in the back also a foot behind him. He normally wears jet black jeans, a black over shirt with an image of the Blackthorne gym badge, and a black trench coat he usually wears. He has jet black boots that he keeps laced up to his knees. He's about 6'5, 150 pounds, and has charcoal grey eyes. He has a serious looking face, as he is always serious and has never laughed. He normally keeps his head held high, as he believes that he is above most people due to the fact that his father had been Pokemon Champion long, long ago. He is also twenty-five. He has an obsession with fire, and will use it for almost anything he can, from cooking to fighting, as he has a burn across his chest from fighting a member of a gang local to the Mirage Desert near the town of Lavaridge, where he visited often to see the volcano, as he loved to stare at the lave with an obsessive passion.

He has a slim, but muscular build. He has a catch phrase, "Watch it burn." His face is covered with light, black stubble. He had an accident as a child, and due to it, he has a scar across his face that makes his dark features seem even darker and scarier. Although he has creepy features, he has rugged good looks.

Fresh from the mind of me :3

Roleplay Sample:
The lone figure waltzed through the Mossdeep department store as if he owned the place. "These people should be greatful I decided to grace their store with my presence." He mumbled to himself. He hated the place. "My father was the champion! I should be spending my time elsewhere. Arg!" He growled as he talked to himself yet again. He decided it was time for him to take his leave. He walked towards the door and it opened automatically. He didn't have the time to waste anyways. Aerys mumbled incoherently as he sauntered up to the jet black sports car and climbed in the driver's seat. He slammed the door shut and sighed. "Time to grace the Pandora region with my presence. They should be lucky I decided to spend my time there. Father will be proud." He sped his way towards the boat that would take him to final destination.

He finally arrived and unpacked his luggage. "I'd assume my bags will be carried for me?" He asked the nearest attendant arrogantly. He nodded swiftly and ordered a swarm of people to get them. "Good, good." His father had pulled some strings to get him here, and he wasn't going to disappoint hjim. Never. It would disgrace his family. He walked into his cabin and glanced around. It was one of the higher class cabins. Not as luxurious as I would like, but it will do for the time being. He felt completely emotionless as usual. Aerys looked under the desk and in the drawers, checking for any bugged areas. They might be following me... He thought to himself, remembering the many people he had infuriated back in Hoenn. When his paranoid side was satisfied, he truly examined the room. There was a nice bed in the corner with plush green blankets and feather soft pillows, a dresser in the other corner. It had an ingraving of the ship, the S.S Anne on it. Amature's work. He pulled out a carving of a blazing skull he had purchased from a friend in Lavaridge. He had a terrible passion for fire. He plopped down on the bed. Even champions need rest. He fell asleep immediatley.

Hours later, he awoke. "I require food." He said to himself. He began the long walk to the ship's buffet. Maybe I'll meet a woman who is equal to my status. He was never friendly to those below him. Varys arrived and grabbed a plate, then piled it with fancy food such as shrimp and his favorite...steak. He loved steak so much because it was cooked with fire. He loved fire with a passion. The rude young man found a seat in the darkest corner he could find and began to eat. "Damn ship with it's damn passengers. They could never step up to me." He went back to eating.

After a good meal, he stood up and slid his chair in. "I require entertainment now." He was a very literal person. He began to venture around the the ship. He didn't know what there was to do here, but he needed something to do. Possibly doing something that involved fire...

However, before he could find the kitchen a voice called out over the intercom. "Now reaching the Pandora region. Everybody who's departing must do so now."

That's me.He found his bags and emptied everything into his seemingly bottomless backpack, then tossed the bags overboard. "I do not need extra weight." He said to himself yet again. He walked down the gangplank and started to observe the area. His father had mentioned a tent on the shore. He searched for an hour before he finally found it. He walked through the flap and saw a handful of professors. "I am looking for the one they call Laughner." He called out before anyone could say anything.

A man in a lab coat came forth. "Ah, yes. You must be the one they call 'Black Dragon'... I mean Varys!" He caught himself from shouting the nickname that every professor had learned. His father had told them the young man's secret nickname.

Varys eyed him warily. "Yes, I am Varys. My father informed me that you had a Pokemon for me?"

The man in a lab coat nodded, then disappeared. A minute later he came back with a pokeball and other various items. "Here you go." He handed the equipment to the ill-tempered Targaryan boy. "Now please, go forth on your journey.

Varys scoffed. "Go forth indeed." With that, he exited the tent and stepped onto the beach. "Well, Pandora region. A new champion has stepped on your shores. Be thankful."

Last edited by <Challenger>; August 31st, 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: SU Purposes
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Skymin
the knight

I'm gonna have to decline you again. You still haven't met the requirements; the RP sample is meant to be you meeting Laughner. And what's with the random links in there? They don't lead to images. There's like... ads in there. @_@

But yeah, sorry buddy. Declined.

Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old August 31st, 2012, 04:53 PM
<Challenger>

Alright.I was thinking about the sample being to short. Knew it. Haha

Apologies about the ads too.Idk how they get there.I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees them O_o

I've completed my sample. How is it?

Last edited by <Challenger>; August 31st, 2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Arctos
Fire and Blood

Finally made a post. Shorter than I would of liked but cant really do anything until the orb is handed in xD
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Skymin
the knight

@heretostay, I'm going to decline you again. It's too short, you didn't legitimise why your character is going on this trip and really made it less of a meeting and more of a pick up and drop off.

This is the last time I'm declining you and I will not be accepting any more posts from you, okay?

@arctos at least you posted haha! it's been a little dead here lately.

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nothin' wrong with a slow paced roleplay, Skymin.

Anyhoo, writing up a post here is next on my list. It shall be done within a few days, I think.
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:17 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

I started working on a post yesterday, and it was going well until I pressed Ctrl+Z to undo a mistake and deleted it all
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
^Yikes! I hope you can recover what you've written!

Also I just posted mine. Sorry for the delay xD I made it a bit...dark, as Logan got poison-stung by the Spinarak and blacked everything out. /crosses fingers for Spinarak!
Old September 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

I can't help but feel like my post looks a little bit rushed or something. Not quite up to scratch at least.

Let me know if it needs changing though.
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Skymin
the knight

Hey guys! I'm just working on lots of homework tonight, so I won't be able to read until tomorrow night (its 6:40PM right now).

So yeah, 24 hours time i should be okay. d:

Old September 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

I finally made a post, I just needed a little inspiration, and I really like how this one came out.
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Skymin
the knight

Wheeeee finally had time to post. ;D

NOW BACK TO HOMEWORK *buries head in word documents*

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Skymin
the knight

Just letting you guys know that this still exists. ;D

Old September 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

It's oddly quiet, isn't it?
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:03 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

I'm unsure how to go about my next post...it's a human fighting a Kangaskhan, hand to hand. To be honest, it sounds fun to write, but I'm not yet sure how I'll go about it without making him lose outright.
Old September 19th, 2012, 04:56 PM
SanityStealer
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Name: Tamara Elicott

Preferred Starter Pokemon: Mankey

Appearance: Life has not been kind to Tamara Elicott. Once, she was famous (or is that infamous?) as a woman of exceptional beauty and bravery, constantly putting herself on the line for the sake of adventure, exploration, and thrills. But that was a long time ago.

She was never a tall woman, only standing at a meager height of five feet, three inches, but the cane that she’s forced to lean heavily on cuts her height to five foot one on her bad days. Burn scars have seared her face and parts of her scalp, leaving her pale eyes glittering in the reddened, pitted mass of her face. To try to hide the burns on her scalp, Tamara’s grown her ash blonde hair long, letting it caress her shoulders and trail halfway down her back. More scars decorate the rest of her body, and her left possesses nerve damage that makes it difficult for her to move her fingers, usually leaving them twisted and useless.

To hide her deformities, knowing how much her appearance shocks and disgusts people, Tamara has a collection of masks that she wears whenever she’s in public. Some are white and formless, while others are colorful and have decorations, but they all cover the entirety of her face. Similarly, she always wears something on her head, usually a hat or sometimes a tied handkerchief, to further hide the patches where her hair just won’t grow. She usually wears turtlenecks and jeans, sometimes coupled with vests with pockets, and has a backpack for all of her stuff.

Her cane is a simple length of oak, capped with steel on the bottom, and curving at the top so that it’s easy for her to grasp. A closer look at the cane will show carvings of various different Pokemon decorating its length.

Though Tamara hates being called old, she often refers to herself as old, despite her relatively young age.

Roleplay Sample:

Tap. Tap. Thump.

“If you will wait here, ma’am, Mr. Laughner will be with you shortly.”

A pair of hands gripped the top of her cane as Tamara leaned heavily onto it, practically bending in half to set her chin on her hands. When she spoke, her harsh voice was muffled by the plaster of the beige mask lined with scarlet that she wore. The sounds grated across her throat, holding hints of a previously beautiful, smooth, sultry voice that had since been ruined. Really, it sounded like she’d been smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for thirty straight years. “Got a chair?”

The butler motioned with his hand to a spot just outside of her peripheral vision. “Right over there, ma’am.”

She made a face behind the mask as she twisted to see the plush armchair. “Great. And don’t call me ma’am,” she grouched as she limped over to the seat, collapsing into it with a grateful sigh that wasn’t loud enough for anybody to hear. Probably. Hopefully. “It makes me feel old.”

The butler bowed to her and scuttled off in the manner that butlers have been scuttling off for centuries. When the grandiose double doors swung silently shut behind him – Okay, that should be impossible – Tamara leaned her cane up against the side of the chair, pushed her mask up to her forehead, and glared at her bad leg, which ached with the pain of being on her feet for too long. “Behave,” she muttered, rubbing at the side of her knee with her thumb. “Or I’ll chop you off and get a prosthetic. I swear I will.”

The informal massage eased the pain in her knee slightly, but not enough to be of any real help. With a sigh, Tamara leaned back in the comfortable armchair as she looked around the huge waiting room. Wealth dripped from every corner of the place. Marble statues of famous trainers had homes in the corners of the room, rich tapestries hung from the oak paneled walls, and weird little things that she couldn’t even identify sat on spindly tables on the side of the room. The wooden floor was covered with a rug detailing what looked like a map of the entire Kanto region, and the vaulted ceiling alone with its sprawling murals of legendary Pokemon battles had to have cost a fortune.

When the grand doors flung themselves open and the eccentric figure of Jude Laughner strode in, Tamara flipped her mask back on with the ease of years of practice, rose from the chair and let herself list to the right, her cane catching her weight. “Overcompensating for something?”

“Tammy!” Laughner spread his arms wide as he approached, smiling broadly. “So glad you could make it! I’m telling you, this is going to be the adventure of a lifetime.”

“Sure it is.” Beneath her mask, what was left of her right eyebrow raised. “I’m done with that, remember? No more adventuring for me. I’m going to live a nice quiet life selling macramé bracelets. Or something.” She paused. “You know, if I could make macramé bracelets.”

His arms fell to his sides. “You know, I’m disappointed in you,” he told her sadly, shaking his head at her. “You’re not even going to give your old friend a hug?”

“’Old’ is right,” Tamara retorted. “Come on, Gramps. Tell me all about this adventure so that I can reject the offer and get on with my life.”

He shrugged. “If you insist.” His eyes glinted with what Tamara recognized as excitement and anticipation as he lowered his voice in an attempt to sound dramatic. Sadly, it worked. “Tell me, Tammy, have you ever heard of… Pandora?”

“Sure.” She echoed his shrug with a deliberately casual one of her own, trying to ignore the spark of interest that leapt up at the name. “Mythical region, treasure of all treasures, lot of bloody history.”

“How would you like to go there?”

A short bark of a laugh escaped from her throat. “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m retired, remember?” She thumped her cane against the carpet for emphasis. “Besides, even if I was interested, I doubt I’d be able to hold up against those young whippersnappers that are all gung-ho about the whole thing. You know. The ones that you already hired.”

“Perceptive as always, Tammy-girl.” Laughner grinned at her. “But ‘whippersnappers’? I’ll have you know that one of them is an old man.”

“What, like you?”

“Funny.” His tone shifted to a cajoling one. “Come on, Tammy! You and me, we’re built for adventure! You’re not going to let a silly little leg problem get in the way of the adventure of a lifetime, are you?”

Tamara narrowed her eyes at him, considering. The spark in the back of her mind was well on its way to becoming a full-fledged fire of interest; he’d certainly managed to capture her attention with Pandora. Everyone knew about the place and the wonders it was reputed to hold, and Tamara was no exception. Despite her resolution to lead a quiet life, the prospect of traveling to Pandora was… well, it was eroding her determination to stay home and live a boring little existence.

After a very long moment, she sighed. Injuries or no injuries, the lure of Pandora was too much for her to resist. She could already feel her leg aching in protest of her decision. I am so going to regret this. “All right. You win. Tell me more.”

Last edited by SanityStealer; September 20th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links