The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:21 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
How stingy are you with money? Do you just throw twenties and hundreds into the fireplace to keep you warm, or do you save up every last half a cent?

For me, I spent $40 last night preordering Black 2, and even now I'm going through guilt trips for spending my money.

Old September 19th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I'm pretty good with my money. I always weigh my money with things I want vs. things I need or will use. I will never spend money I don't have, I like to save, but once in a while I will treat myself because life is about enjoying yourself :3
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Esper

I'll also never spend money I don't have, but I still feel guilty buying things I don't need even if I have extra money because I could be saving it for something in the future.

Once in a blue moon I'll go on a big spending spree and then feel like I'm destitute after even though I'll only spend half of the money I know I can spend.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm so stingy with my money. I got paid 140 bucks the other day and felt bad spending 10 on some food. In my school I get some free food every day if I don't go to the dining hall (for people that have too many classes to have a sit-down meal), and if I don't go the dining hall I make sure to get that free food and save it so I'll always have something to eat if I want it without having to spend money.
PM
Old September 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I'm terrible with money, I usually spend all of it really quickly, in less than a week, then the rest of the month I won't have anything to spend. Except that I'm saving money for a new pc, and now for next year's Puyallup Fair. I save very little every month, it adds up.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: X - Location: Shalour City
Soon: 50/50 Challenge - Badges 0/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 2
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm pretty good with my money... when I want to be.

I will save as much as I can when I'm looking to save as much as I can to get something I want, or when I'm getting ready to pay bills and need to take more notice of my finances. Right now, I spend all of my money on my credit card, though. I buy things with that, and pay it off with my money.

After I finish paying off my credit card for this last time, I'm not going to use it for anything other than using it to pay my phone bill and other bills my dad may need help paying. That way, I get to build credit, and I don't waste my entire paycheck to pay off my expenses. Then I'm going to save all my money, spending some strictly on food that I need to buy, for a car.
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Damn, games are so expensive.

I'm sorta stingy with money. I felt guilty as hell spending money on food today, even though I split the cash with a friend. Only $30 left =(
Old September 19th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I absolutely hate spending money. If I had to guess, I've probably spent less than $500 on myself over the last two years, and even then that seems like too much.

After getting my paycheck the other day, I spent a little over $40 (after using up what was left on a gift card) on a new PS3 controller, since my old one doesn't work properly anymore. More than once since then I've thought of returning it since my old one still has a little life left in it, but I realize I'll have to buy a new one sooner or later, so I don't feel quite as bad. But if it weren't for me having that $20 on the gift card, I wouldn't have even bothered getting it.
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I don't like to spend money on stuff I don't want to dolike today I'm being forced to take nephews and Hanna bowling Having a child eats up alot of my cash.
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
depends on my needs! sometime i get good amount of money but if i don't need something i keep them till i feel i want something i would spend them all if it was so important! sometimes i spend money on buying some candies i like to have fun from time to time :3 ...i guess when i start working i'll be more independant! because it will be the money i made by myself it needs lots of time and efforts and patience ^.^

Old September 20th, 2012, 04:51 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I spend in moderation, and I think if you balance between how much money you save and spend, you really shouldn't feel guilt about spending money; I sure don't haha. I think it's great to treat oneself every once in awhile, and allthough some might not have the money to buy themselves a massive pampering a little treat here and there - whether a new game, new piece of clothing etc, is a great little uplifter. Personally, I like to save and spend -- spend half, save half. I don't particularly like large amounts of money, but like I said, I'm not afraid of treating myself to a couple of games here or there! I usually buy news game etc, after exams when my breaks are near, so in a way they're a reward I can find some real enjoyment out of for all my hard work. :D
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Usually I'm alright with spending money, but recently I've been trying really hard not to spend any due to university starting soon. It'd be terrible to get to uni and not have enough money to live off, so I've been really tight about spending money over the past few months :3
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm stingy about buying anything that's not food. I'll freak out about it. Food, though, I buy too much of it... In the end, I don't save at all. It's very bad of me. Lately I've been freaking about spending any money at all. I really need to make a proper budget...
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm somewhere between spending loads of money and saving it. On one hand, I buy trading cards/video games with the money I earn, sometimes loads at once; on the other hand, I save half of my money for the future and use the other half for said items.

Old September 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I save most of my money and I'm fairly stingy with spending. I go in a store wanting to spend at least $50 on groceries and end up spending like $35. I feel really bad when I spend over $100 at one moment. So, I look for the sales and only buy stuff I need. My effort is basically null when I spend $60 on a new video game, wah.
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
I don't mind spending my money. 95% of the time I spend less than I earn so it doesn't really matter all that much as my cash pile is still growing. I do feel guilty when I spend more money than I earn in a week though, and it makes me feel like the work week was a loss lol.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Arc
trap

Nature: Bashful
I try not to spend too much money, I have a weird habit to save any money I get. The only time I actually spend money, is when I need to, or you know, buying a game. LOL.

Old September 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I consider myself pretty good at avoiding unnecessary spending when I'm trying to save up for something... I'll even go as far as to skip meals if it means a few extra bucks saved. But that goes all out the window if there's something I want to buy or, more likely someplace I want to go. After all, that's why I've been saving all that money up

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:50 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I am a penny-pincher and a smart shopper. I try not to waste money
Old September 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I tend to save my money well, but lately I admit I've been spending like crazy. So im kind of under both categories at the moment!

"A living, breathing, double of oneself usually tormenting the person they look like..."
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I'm pretty obsessive about trying not to spend money when not nessesary. I rarely buy things I don't need. Occasionally I will buy something for myself that I want like clothes or games but not often. Clothes could be considered a nessesity though( I am considering buying more long shirts and blue jeans because I need fall clothes) The next unnessesary thing Im buying is Pokemon White 2, which I can justify since I havent bought any games in a long while.
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:42 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I don't buy a whole lot, so I tend to have quite a bit saved up. Sometimes I can be a bit stingy, but usually I just go ahead and spend it, without much regard to cost. I tend to spend a lot at one time and then not spend any for weeks or months even.
Old October 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I'm kinda mercurial with money. There are certain things that I won't spend money on until I have lots of it at once; that happens to be most things. However, with food and trips to the cinema, I'm just a completely different animal. I can spend so much on food: not necessarily expensive food, but lots of cheap food. I'm ridiculously surprised that I'm not morbidly obese with the amount I eat. And normally I'll go to the cinema at least once a week (in the past couple I've been going two/three times as well!) and tomorrow marks the start of the London Film Festival, which set me back quite a few pounds. But because I'm relatively stingy with other stuff (clothes, DVDs, alcohol etc), it somehow manages not to permanently dent my finances.
Old October 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Like your stereotypical college student, I'm pretty poor. As a result, I try to be smart when it comes to purchasing stuff. For the most part it'll be food that I spend my money on, but if I know I have something back at my apartment, then I'll try to hold off from buying.
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I spend a lot of money in just one day. Usually I just buy one drink for myself then give the rest of my money to my best friend. But now we have this weird money crisis, aaaaand now I can't do that.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here