The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:06 AM
JerichoMadness
He's back. And he's mad! O...o

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoMadness View Post
G'Day people, n00b here.

I'm getting pretty annoyed.
Started XSE tutorials yesterday, all I want to do is insert a few things in a FR Rom in my own room at the start who talk to me. So far, so good.
If I'm unlucky and insert a new script in Advance Map, the whole room is sometimes "broken". It happens from time to time, scripts are correct.
=> My new script can't be seen, all other warps/scripts that were there before don't work anymore (e.g. the PC/TV, stair warp). Even if I delete the new event that make all that happen.

That again means I can rewrite the rom over again.

What the hell am I doing wrong? o...o
I'd like to re-roll my problem.

Till now I've tried about 10 times to insert simple small events in my starter room. I even managed to set up 3 working scripts in my room. I set up a fourth one and the room was broken (Black screen).
I tried setting things up in the kitchen where Mum is, same thing happened. I've used different ROMs (Another FR Rom/Ruby Rom), the same thing always happens.
Using Advance Map 1.92, XSE 1.1 and FSF. Can anyone maybe send me a message with thoughts or try to help me out in any way? I'm tending to give up on this _._
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:14 AM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Does anyone know a simple ASM routine to change the value of an offset of your choice within the RAM?

For instance, let's say I wanted to change the value at 0x02023BE4. How would I go about doing that?
What do you mean actually? Like an WriteByteToOffset?
Or a value that changes constantly?

If the first one, it's as simple as this:

Code:
.align 2
.thumb

push {r0-r1,lr}
ldr r0, =0xOFFSET
ldr r1, =0xValue
str r1, [r0]
pop {r0-r1, lr}
You must change That STR to STRB if the value is only 1 byte or to STRH if it's 2 bytes. Otherwise, it's 4 bytes and you leave it like it is.

~Sonic1

My Site (UNDER CONSTRUCTION):

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER
Sou o Dark rayquaza da antiga myutsu.net

My Laptop SPECS:

Credits to Eagledelt for the wonderfull sign :D

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys,
I got problem with a trip script...
Spoiler:

(...)
setvar 0x5001 0x1
fadescreendelay 0x3 0x9
pause 0x4A
playsong 0x17A 0x1
fadescreendelay 0x2 0x9
msgbox @test 0x6

@test
= Some text...

When the fadescreen comes to normal the msgbox doesn't appear...
What is wrong in this script?

PS: I tried to delete the "pause 0x4A" and it works but I NEED this pause in script.
Maybe there is something instead of pause command?

Please help me!

Last edited by Rasenshurikenbum; September 17th, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
surfer treecko
help, how do I...?

I'm trying repointing the cries of various Pokemon with Cry Pointer Repointer, however finding the pointers for the cries of Hoenn Pokemon is proving to be difficult as there doesn't seem to be any order to them.

For example, I'm trying to find Zigzagoon's cry. Typing in the PokeID 288 (zigzagoon's index number) gives me Nuzleaf's cry, 289 (testing to see if evolutions follow one another) gives my Shiftry's cry, 263 (Zigzagoon's national dex number) gives me what I think is Jirachi's cry, and 255 gives me Electrike's cry. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern at all...

I'm editing Fire Red btw.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer treecko View Post
I'm trying repointing the cries of various Pokemon with Cry Pointer Repointer, however finding the pointers for the cries of Hoenn Pokemon is proving to be difficult as there doesn't seem to be any order to them.

For example, I'm trying to find Zigzagoon's cry. Typing in the PokeID 288 (zigzagoon's index number) gives me Nuzleaf's cry, 289 (testing to see if evolutions follow one another) gives my Shiftry's cry, 263 (Zigzagoon's national dex number) gives me what I think is Jirachi's cry, and 255 gives me Electrike's cry. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern at all...

I'm editing Fire Red btw.
The best idea would be to use PokeCry v1.0 (GUI) and Hex Editor. In PokeCry you have CORRECT order (index numbers). Get the offset, reverse it, find in Hex Editor and change to your new offset (of course put there reversed new one). It worked for me in FireRed (and Ruby too :D).
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Dr.Razor
Yellow Remaker

So, I'm getting back into the ds romhacking and I have several questions :
1) How can I find Hex adresses of palettes in pokemon diamond ? I cannot find the values of palettes in DeSmume, like I used to do in VBA.
2) Can I have to edit nsbmd files without having to do it manually? It's really a pain in ths a**. I was able to make a tree in the middle of a town, but not further more.
3) Polygons are associated with textures and palettes. I assume these textures are 2D textures editable with crytale tile or Tile molester. Is there anyway to edit them? Or do someone know where those datas are stored?
For example, can I copy the texture of trees in HG/SS and palettes and paste them into pokemon diamond?

Thanks for your answers =)

http://docrazor.blogspot.com/
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM
MagicalTrevor

I'm using Nameless Sprite Editor to edit the sprites for Oak, Red, and Blue in the Fire Red intro speech. However, their sprites start off greyscale, and when I switch greyscale off, their sprites have no pallet. Every time I edit one, greyscale or not, when I get back into the game, the sprite has extremely distorted colors. Is their anyway I can edit these without messing up the colors, or is there a simpler way to edit the sprites without NSE?
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
I've searched as much as I can, but can't find an answer so I apologize if this has been answered already (sorry guys, but I'm not reading through 900 pages...)

I'm just learning, so doing some very simple hacks to Ruby using Advance Map and PKSV (on a Mac, using WINE). I've successfully added and removed wild pokemon, and added a person event, but that's where I ran into trouble. I could not get just a simple "hello" script to work for the life of me even after fiddling around for an hour and reading through half a dozen different tutorials, but now I'm thinking that the problem is with Advance Map instead of my script. Within advance map, I can get the correct script to link with the sprite, and the sprite shows up where I put it, but... any updates I've made to the sprite since putting it in there (changing the image, changing the position, even deleting it) don't show up in the ROM when I save the new map, which is, I think, why the script isn't working either. Does anybody know what's going on?
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:55 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
I've searched as much as I can, but can't find an answer so I apologize if this has been answered already (sorry guys, but I'm not reading through 900 pages...)

I'm just learning, so doing some very simple hacks to Ruby using Advance Map and PKSV (on a Mac, using WINE). I've successfully added and removed wild pokemon, and added a person event, but that's where I ran into trouble. I could not get just a simple "hello" script to work for the life of me even after fiddling around for an hour and reading through half a dozen different tutorials, but now I'm thinking that the problem is with Advance Map instead of my script. Within advance map, I can get the correct script to link with the sprite, and the sprite shows up where I put it, but... any updates I've made to the sprite since putting it in there (changing the image, changing the position, even deleting it) don't show up in the ROM when I save the new map, which is, I think, why the script isn't working either. Does anybody know what's going on?
During the game, you probably need to go away from the said map in order for the changes to take effect.
Example, you added an NPC outside Pallet Town, and you saved outside the said town as well. In order for the changes to happen, restart the game with your emulator, head inside a house, and head out for the map to be completely refreshed.

But if it still does not work, then maybe you are assigning the wrong offset to the NPC, or the NPC is affected by the map's level script.
If still not working, then I have no clue about why that is happening. :\
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

1. if i were to add rock climb to a ruby rom do i only need the script? or do i need to do like hex editing?
2.where can i find 4th and 5th generation cries in .wav format?
3. How do i make a person give you the national dex?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Inkblots

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post

During the game, you probably need to go away from the said map in order for the changes to take effect.
Example, you added an NPC outside Pallet Town, and you saved outside the said town as well. In order for the changes to happen, restart the game with your emulator, head inside a house, and head out for the map to be completely refreshed.

But if it still does not work, then maybe you are assigning the wrong offset to the NPC, or the NPC is affected by the map's level script.
If still not working, then I have no clue about why that is happening. :\
Thanks! That fixed the problem in terms of the sprite updating. I'll be back after classes to see if I can get the script to work now

<update>

The scripts work now, hurrah! Thanks again

Okay, a couple more questions now that I've got simple scripts working:

I more or less understand the concept of flags, but is there some place I can find a list of unused flags in Ruby? PKSV only shows FR/LG. Or alternatively, is there a way that I can manually check to see if a flag is unused?

Also, how can I check to see if the player has a specific item/badge/pokemon?

Last edited by Inkblots; September 18th, 2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
1. if i were to add rock climb to a ruby rom do i only need the script? or do i need to do like hex editing?
2.where can i find 4th and 5th generation cries in .wav format?
3. How do i make a person give you the national dex?
1. You need only a script (link here)
2. http://pokerealm.com/downloads/cries.zip
3. FireRed - special 0x16F
Emerald - special 0x1F3
Ruby - ?
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
Ruby - ?
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 19th, 2012, 01:27 AM
PokemonMasters

which program is the best to import cries? im using a-cry but it just has a lot of problems :/

Old September 19th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Morfium

I'm trying to import a new tileset to emerald. It works fine but the given palettes don't have fitting colors. I can not overwrite existing palettes because I wanted to extend emerald with kanto/jotho maps and want to preserver the original emerald.
I saw that palette 7, 11 and 12 are all but black. Is it save to overwrite those with my own palettes or are they used for something else like 13-15 for textboxes and such?
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
PincherD
Unhatched Egg

I've been trying to find a program, (or method) that edits the Pokemon's Ability, (like what each one does).

Have any lying around here? XD
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:07 AM
PokemonMasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by PincherD View Post
I've been trying to find a program, (or method) that edits the Pokemon's Ability, (like what each one does).

try using yape. (yet another pokemon editor

Old September 20th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Aaron40

Hey,
I have a R4i3DS but I can't get the 3DS roms to work, I have searched for a solution for hours and I haven't found anything
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:37 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
which program is the best to import cries? im using a-cry but it just has a lot of problems :/
You can use PokecryGUI look up on old tut's on the Tutorial Forums, and maybe just do it manually cause, A-cry doesn't work that great to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PincherD View Post

If you're talking about changing a Pokemon's ability use YAPE, but, if you're talking about editing one's effects then there's no such tool yet... :/
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron40 View Post
Hey,
I have a R4i3DS but I can't get the 3DS roms to work, I have searched for a solution for hours and I haven't found anything
For now there is NO flashcard or emulator that supports 3DS games. Crown3DS is trying to make the first one but they haven't succeeded yet.
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:34 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Where is the attack effects table located?
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
surfer treecko
help, how do I...?

Is it possible to make a map in the Sevii Islands appear in Kanto?

I've moved (and renamed, remapped etc.) One Island to Kanto and it appears on the world map, but opening the town map there gives me one of the sevii island maps.

In addition to this, entering some of the buildings in town causes the screen to black (some of the house interiors are located on different maps if that means anything).
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer treecko View Post
Is it possible to make a map in the Sevii Islands appear in Kanto?

I've moved (and renamed, remapped etc.) One Island to Kanto and it appears on the world map, but opening the town map there gives me one of the sevii island maps.

In addition to this, entering some of the buildings in town causes the screen to black (some of the house interiors are located on different maps if that means anything).
Here's what you want:
http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=19

~Sonic1

My Site (UNDER CONSTRUCTION):

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER
Sou o Dark rayquaza da antiga myutsu.net

My Laptop SPECS:

Credits to Eagledelt for the wonderfull sign :D

Old September 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
This is something I've wondered about for quite a while, and through searching I couldn't find much on it.

My question is- what exactly determines the size of Pokemon like Heracross, Magikarp, Barboach and Shroomish when their size gets measured by certain NPCs (ex.: Heracross on Six Island, Shroomish in Sootopolis)? Without knowing a lot about hacking, as far as I can tell it doesn't seem like a Pokemon's IVs have much to do with it, unless I didn't look at them hard enough. I would think that it would either be randomized or some hidden value on the individual Pokemon, but again, I really only know the basics of hacking, and was just curious if anyone knew.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:34 AM
eXtremeDevil

I want to disable/remove/delete a text screen.

When I load my Emerald ROM (spanish edition) the same message always appears: Battery dry, you can save but no temporal event will happen, or something like that.

Now, I know that is because of RTC, the thing is, I can't fix the RTC thing, and the message is soo annoying.

So I don't care if the time is always the same, I don't want to se the warning eeevery time.

I managed to remove all the text with a text editor but the warning screen stills there (with no text but still...).

Can some help me?

Thanks.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links