The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which Region is your favourite?
Kanto 10 8.40%
Johto 24 20.17%
Hoenn 53 44.54%
Sinnoh 12 10.08%
Unova 20 16.81%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Advertise here
Out of the five regions which are Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, which is your favorite and why?

My favourite region has got to be Hoenn. The scenery, routes, cities are all beautifully designed and it is home to some of the best Pokemon IMO.

Old September 19th, 2012, 02:25 PM
pokeskate
Lerroux says "bye-bye!

Nature: Serious
Hoenn forsure. R/S/E had the best storyline IMO. Pokes looked cool, Gym leaders were cool and hoenn just looked like a nice place to live. Johto comes in a very close second though!
Old September 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
xxReshiramxx

Nature: Gentle
My favorite region would have to be Unova because it has my favorite Pokemon in it Reshiram and a lot of cool unique looking ones.
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

I love Kanto/ Unova...they actually kind of remind me of each other in the way that they are set up. They were the most fun to travel through (even many many times in the case of Kanto over 4 sets of games).
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Unova for me, cos I love the landmarks and it introduced some of my fave Pokemon.

Also, most of my fave characters are from Unova.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old September 19th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
I really like Johto! It's just fun to travel through and it makes me really happy for some reason, haha. :) I also love Ecruteak City. It's probably my favorite city out of all the games, and I especially love how it looks in HGSS. I think Hoenn is nice too. It's fun to travel through with all the neat terrains and such. Unova is kind of in the middle, as well as Kanto. And I can't stand going through Sinnoh. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require so many HMs to get around it, though I'm sure some people really loved all the exploring.

Although not concluded, Orre is awesome as well, especially with the added towns in Gale of Darkness (even though The Under was my favorite city in Orre and it's no longer present in Gale of Darkness).

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Sinnoh! It's a beautiful region with so many interesting places to explore such as Mt Coronet and the snowy mountains, plus it has the majority of my favourite Pokémon and characters to interact with. I don't like the Great Marsh in Sinnoh, or how it works, but that's literally the only thing I can think of about the region that I dislike. For me it was a very very exceptional region :3
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
My favorite region is Johto. One reason it is featured in my favorite games(GSC,HGSS) and I really like the layout, the bug catching park, lake of rage, the new Safari Zone, the ruins of alph, the towers, the light house, and all of the routes and gym leaders. It was just a cool region all together. Hoenn was the most beautiful, but to me it lacked something. Kanto was nice but it is not my favorite. Unova was a great region being based in the U.S. and all. It also had many beautiful places, but lacked difficult areas to explore which I like. To be honest, I dont like Sinnoh. The games were ok, but my least favorite partly because the region was not all that great. It is hard to explain but something about it I just hate.

In conclusion: Johto>Hoenn>Unova>Kanto>Sinnoh

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

I can't decide between Unova and Johto. They both appeal to me in different ways. I feel like I can relate to Unova(like I could actually live there) while Johto has a "going back in time" feel to it that was fun to travel in.

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:03 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like the Hoenn region for the sheer nostalgia factor. The really catchy music and expansive region really drew me in. The Battle Frontier in Emerald had the right amount of difficulty for me too.

Old September 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
Pretty happy I'm seeing so much Hoenn love, it's my favorite region because there's just so much to do. Sinnoh and Unova are pretty decent, Johto is cool, but Kanto got pretty old.
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
soopaord
Togepi

Hoenn for sure. Second favorite would have to be Johto.
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Hoenn is by far my favourite region; the upbeat music, new scenery and the great pokemon just made it the best.

I do agree with jellicentfan1 that Sinnoh was my least favourite. It lacked the spark that the others brought, and to me it felt like it was bland and boring.
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:45 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I'm another Hoenn lover. Being surrounded by forests and natural environments is pleasing. There were less huge cities and more natural places. The music was cheery and awesome. Hoenn Pokemon are some of my favourites too. Designs are truly amazing!
. :p
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:55 AM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
I liked Sinnoh, because it had such calm, gentle music. Plus, I loved hanging out at Snowpoint city and walking through the snow.
But I'd have to say Unova, because it had so many visually pleasing sceneries, and it has that mix of being modern and yet natural.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 21st, 2012, 02:45 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Hoenn for sure: It had a huge variety of different environments, very catchy/fantastic music, a challenging Battle Frontier, and I loved the storyline(though it could use some touching up on). The list could go on and on really.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:07 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hoenn easily, I love all its quirks and funny things, like treetop houses, two types of bikes, go-go goggles, diving, Sky Pillar and the crazy whacko lengths you have to go to for the Regies. Absolutely love it.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:47 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I generally love Johto. Well, Kanto and Johto together. Kanto can seem a bit plain at times, but I just love the two of them. I like all the other regions (Hoenn is brilliantly exotic, and Unova's pretty great too).

Kanto remained a but plain and flat until HGSS came out and some of the areas were given a bit more height/depth and just.. a more natural feel. Johto was presented wonderfully in HGSS in my opinion, it just made me love it even more. It's just always going to be these two regions for me. :)

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:25 AM
vlay
Picnicker

My favorite region is Kanto, the place is nice and so calming. The Gym Leaders is nice too. And most important my favorite town in this region, Lavender Town XD yeah!
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:38 AM
Annay
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to Annay
Hoenn has a tropical climate and a better story than the other regions.
Also liked the Pokémon of Hoenn...

The sage never says everything he thinks, but always thinks everything he says.Aristotle
Sorry for the difficulty of the words...

Old September 21st, 2012, 05:47 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Johto for sure. Dont get me wrong, hoenn is nice, but johto's scenery was pretty nice as well. Especially those floating orb things from g/s/c that are suppossed to be flowers i think?

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Nature: Modest
I choose Hoenn. This region have many new water Pokèmon. Hoenn also having a huge place with some waters. I like using a surf in everywhere :D
In the other hand, The Trio Weather legendary Pokèmon also have been introduced in here since they all are my favorite legendary Pokèmon.
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Toujours wants to rob me so I'm moving this to PVP. :(

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Ryliam
Unhatched Egg

My favourite region would probably be Hoenn :3 cause its the most natural looking out of all of them.

Serebii:

Pokemon Plus:

Click Here To Join Pokemon Plus

Last edited by Ryliam; September 22nd, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:17 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
Johtooooo <3 I love each town, the Pokémon, the storyline, each character... So yes, definitely Johto.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here