The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?
No - I mute VBA's volume anyway 572 55.97%
No - I can deal with it for now 222 21.72%
Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted 45 4.40%
Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/ 183 17.91%
Voters: 1022. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:22 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
In my mind it is. It'll never live up to my expectations because of hardware limitations (and because it's Pokemon, so it's sort of stuck in a formula), really. Besides, people enjoy <insert hated pop star here> but that doesn't make them good. Just sayin.

What I mean by being done with 2D hacking is that I'll be quitting unless I get super motivated one day, or someone finally makes a D/P map viewer/editor (not me tho cuz I'm lazy). I actually wanted to stop since June, but I had promised a release and forced myself to work. I'm not moving on to anything.
As long as you understand what you're doing, it would be possible to recode the whole game into something else. There aren't that large limitations in GBA hardware; you can point anywhere in rom which is for example impossible in GB/C. There is also A LOT more ram to work with. I do know most of the ram is "echoed" but still, there is a plenty of room for adding new stuff in the workable parts of it.

If you wanted to create something very unique, it would only be a matter of knowing how to do so.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM
hinkage
Obv not if the morning than me

Nature: Sassy
I meant actual hardware limitations. As in, you can't run an exact copy of a 360 game on a GBA.

The eternal question...
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Faraink
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
I know this is probably a really dumb question...but when is the final version out, do you think? I'd just like a really good idea of when to start playing, since I'm still a newbie to the hack rom world, and I don't want to risk corrupting my saved game and starting over again. (If this is the final version, tell me so and laugh at my noobness.)
Old September 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Alex
Quicker than the darkness…~

Hinkage is really burnt out, so I think he'll either stick it out and bug fix everything that needs fixing, or just call it quits methinks. So, IMO this is probably the final release for at least a little while.

Hinky, can you shed some light on this? :)
The PokéCommunity Live! <~Sotomura> “It’s personal.” <Greninja> ignore twocows he smells like twice the manure <+wakachamo> Alex are you in a state prison rn <+twocows> my doujins are the best <+Alex> sometimes ecchi can be a kickstarter for an overworked motor <Greninja> lunatic is the only mode I play in <~Sotomura> I really don’t feel like watching Best Wishes <+Alex> the guy preventing me from being first on the voice list <+Alex> good holy christ its way better without minaj <Zeffy> yaoi is the sounds they make while doing the nasty <+twocows> i really want my pc to be more like a phone <+twocows> thanks, microsoft
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Nature: Gentle
no matter how many times i try to patch, i get that "INVALID CHECKSUM" error....

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Sorry to see you lose motivation, hopefully one day you'll come back (like me :D ).

On the other hand, you will only feel limited if you follow the cliche and obvious route there is in a fire red game. Your mind is not limited, be creative see what you can do.
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:40 AM
hinkage

Giradialkia deleted the links because he and Dr. Fuji are upset I "insulted" Fireworks merely by making an NPC with the name "Fireworks" who brags about how awesome a hacker he is, when in reality he is not so good.

I had asked Gira to make a post informing all of you of the deleted links, so you would be aware I didn't remove them out of the blue, but his lack of a reply seems to indicate he just wants my masterpiece to fail. Nonetheless, I'll be uploading a fixed version without the character "Fireworks".

As for future updates, I dunno. I really want to start doing real, 3D enviroment games. I think Zelda OOT is cool, so I'm going to try to passively learn that; there's not really any tools for it besides Utility of Time (and I dunno how it handles event/script editing), so we'll see how it goes.
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:03 AM
blackmage856

Pokecommunity isn't the only place you can show your game off on

There are places like romhacking.net and such, I know places like that wouldn't remove links over something so petty.

Best of Luck to you

Old September 11th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Alex
Quicker than the darkness…~

Sounds like butthurt, but that's probably just me. Is it not a joke, that ol' Fireworks char?
The PokéCommunity Live! <~Sotomura> “It’s personal.” <Greninja> ignore twocows he smells like twice the manure <+wakachamo> Alex are you in a state prison rn <+twocows> my doujins are the best <+Alex> sometimes ecchi can be a kickstarter for an overworked motor <Greninja> lunatic is the only mode I play in <~Sotomura> I really don’t feel like watching Best Wishes <+Alex> the guy preventing me from being first on the voice list <+Alex> good holy christ its way better without minaj <Zeffy> yaoi is the sounds they make while doing the nasty <+twocows> i really want my pc to be more like a phone <+twocows> thanks, microsoft
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
DrFuji
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Nature: Jolly
Disrespect on PC is not allowed, regardless as to whether it is in the form of a post or a hack.

The idea that the NPC is in no way related to the PC member Fireworks is completely absurd, as other members have been portrayed in Hyetology. There is absolutely no room for coincidence or joking in this situation as we know that the two of you have a less than amicable relationship. With that in mind, the NPC is just a poor and troll-worthy representation which has no place on these forums. Members have even posted reactions to the NPC which were in themselves inflammatory and required moderation. I would like to repeat myself from earlier: Disrespect on PC is not allowed, regardless as to whether it is in the form of a post or a hack.

giradialkia and I had issued a warning and our intent to remove the links unless the NPC was removed/ changed completely, but since that did not take place we took action. We did not make a post here informing everybody that the links to downloads had been removed as we had contacted hinkage privately and didn't feel that such a post was necessary - Members could easily scroll down to see that it was myself or gira who had edited the links in the posts.

Now please keep this thread on topic. This thread should be about the hack itself, not future plans or discussions about the NPC. hinkage, if you want to contact us then feel free to do so through PM.

Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
--As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:27 AM
hinkage

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4wfd1rwbfalxpjh

Sorry it's so late.

Updates:
-no more character named "Fireworks"
-one small map update

Remember to always save in buildings, preferably Poke Centers.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:48 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
hinkage, it looks like your really burnt out, maybe take a little break from hacking, but remember to come back to it. a good hacker always finishes his projects and you should be proud of what you have here. a near completed hack, i'll biet, with a few minor bugs scattered around, but is has a good storyline, not following the courses of the original games, keeps it interesting, but like i said please do not leave this hack, if you were to finish this hack, it would probaly be award quality~
Old September 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
Ill think I will remember this hack at the HOTY 2012
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:49 PM
hinkage

I'm going to continue to update this, if people want.

Additionally, if anyone has played up until Dead Island, you may have noticed a special cave that leads to faraway places. In the future, that will be important, hopefully.

Rant:
Spoiler:
Hyetology had its ups and downs mostly because I really didn't want to continue. But I had made a promise to finish, so I did. I had a lot lot of good ideas at the beginning, but as time went on I think I tried too hard to make the "perfect" story. I also tried to take a naturally darker game and force it to be light-hearted. That was dumb of me.
I'm still very much interested in 3D games, and would rather do those, but I have no idea (and honestly, no desire to learn) how to do all the nitty-gritty hacking gen IV and V currently require. I love game design, and even tried taking Java but it just wasn't for me (also my teacher was ****, gave me an A and we never did anything). I guess for now I have to wait until one of the awesome hackers like Spiky, etc., makes a completely user-friendly tool for me :P.
I mean, I have knowledge of everything basic, like textures, polygons, some scripting, and collisions for 3D games... Though nothing more, and I don't have time now.

^What is this I don't even... Major tangent.
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
casacaos

Great news!!! I can´t wait to see what you are going to add to the game!!!
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM
jstolze

Hey I'm having problems getting past the 2 guys and the whooper in the beginning. I've done pretty much every event I can think of, and talked to everybody, but still...
What am I missing?
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM
hinkage

Jstolze, did you ever make it by that part? Sorry for late reply I've been doing sturf with skewl (and PO lulz).

Last edited by DrFuji; October 31st, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Disrespect
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
How much the hack goes. I am not seeing any links. Someone help?
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:00 AM
KeldeoInTraining
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
This hack should have been a nominee for hack of the quarter.
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
hinkage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
How much the hack goes. I am not seeing any links. Someone help?
There's a link right at the top of the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeldeoInTraining View Post
This hack should have been a nominee for hack of the quarter.
It could be better. But no matter what I do, this hack will never even make it out of Progressing Hacks, let alone get a nomination mostly because the mods hate me, which is annoying.

For instance, I won the Map of the Quarter contest (got 1st out of 3 bby aw yea!!1) and still haven't gotten an emblem over a month after the competition ended. Oh, and I know Gira saw his shoutouts, too. And he'll probably read this post. GIRA GIVE ME MY EMBLEM. THOSE PIXELS ARE MY LIFE. In all seriousness, I won and deserve what was promised, ****.

The eternal question...
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Aw =/ I know how it feels to be burnt out from making a hack. If you have any motivation left at all, please keep going though. I was really looking forward to seeing this completed. But I've downloaded the current Beta.
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
There's a link right at the top of the thread...

How long does the first beta goes?
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:07 PM
khan7
Unhatched Egg

Hinkage, please continue this hack. It has to be the most original ever. No Pokedex quest, no boring dialogue, the Pokemon center nurse sounds like an Irish pub owner, etc, etc. The only improvement that I may suggest would be some sort of Map, so it would be easier to navigate. And there are some very funny glitches in New Gotham. Keep it up with the humor. And If you want to try 3D, try hacking Pokemon Colosseum. That would be epic.
Yours Sincerely,
Khan of the 7 Seas
Old November 11th, 2012, 05:18 PM
hinkage

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan7 View Post
Hinkage, please continue this hack. It has to be the most original ever. No Pokedex quest, no boring dialogue, the Pokemon center nurse sounds like an Irish pub owner, etc, etc. The only improvement that I may suggest would be some sort of Map, so it would be easier to navigate. And there are some very funny glitches in New Gotham. Keep it up with the humor. And If you want to try 3D, try hacking Pokemon Colosseum. That would be epic.
Yours Sincerely,
Khan of the 7 Seas
What's THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? It's tough to continue because of school though, and that's the honest truth. I'd put in a map if someone made a map, but I can't draw for ****.
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:37 PM
alienhunterx

So does that means you are abandoning this hack to progress more?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links