The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Advertise here

Old September 20th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Powalen

Advertise here
Game Freak has added plenty of evos and pre-evos to already existing pokemon. Sometimes we say yeah! that pokemon needed an evo, but sometimes we are like WTF?(LickiLicki) So what are some pokemon that aren't necessarily talked about getting an evo that might could use one.

For me I would like to see Xatu get an evoultion. Its stats are right in the middle where an evo could be added without stats being outrageous and it would be really cool. I have always liked Xatu, but it is hard to use sometimes because of its stats. Also I think that a pre evo for Solrock and Lunatone that evolves when exposed to a special fragment(would have to be something newly discovered) would be neat and give a spurt of life to two pokemon that kinda never had any popularity.

That is my ideas what are yours? Please discuss and try to explain your reasoning.

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Larvesta needs an evolution. Defys logic that a little caterpillar goes to a full bug form without a cocoon stage. Especially if one raises it from level 1 to 59. Long time for one evolution
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Powalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Larvesta needs an evolution. Defys logic that a little caterpillar goes to a full bug form without a cocoon stage. Especially if one raises it from level 1 to 59. Long time for one evolution

It SHOULD HAVE HAD an evolution, but there is no way they add a middle stage. It would make no sense why it could evolve directly into Volcarona in one generation but not the next.

Old September 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Scyther pre-evo would be neat. Maybe.

I'm okay with the (pre-)evos as long as they don't cram like 500 down our throats like they did in Gen IV.
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Powalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
Scyther pre-evo would be neat. Maybe.

I'm okay with the (pre-)evos as long as they don't cram like 500 down our throats like they did in Gen IV.

Yeah, gen 4 was overboard with the new evos. I really like Yanmega, but most of the others were unnecessary.

Old September 21st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Just trying to think of "under the radar Pokemon," Delibird is definitely a Pokemon that I would like to see have an evolution. It has pretty weak stats, matching those of Luvdisc (who I really thought should have evolved into Alomomola), Spoink and Voltorb. Sableye and Qwilfish are another two I would like to see have evolutions, as they have interesting typings, but their stats aren't all that great either.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:54 AM
Powalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
Just trying to think of "under the radar Pokemon," Delibird is definitely a Pokemon that I would like to see have an evolution. It has pretty weak stats, matching those of Luvdisc (who I really thought should have evolved into Alomomola), Spoink and Voltorb. Sableye and Qwilfish are another two I would like to see have evolutions, as they have interesting typings, but their stats aren't all that great either.
Sableye does need an evo, but if he gets one likely so will Mawile. That is great because I love Mawile and there are endless possibilities for her an evo!

Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Personally, I think they should leave all Gen 1-4 Pokemon alone. New evolutions are cool, but it's just odd to see a Pokemon like Rhydon or Electabuzz get an evolution after going through Gen 1-3 without one. Once a certain amount of time has passed, they should just be done with certain Gens' Pokemon and work on making totally new ones. But that's just me. And I'm in no way against them adding evos for old Pokemon, I'd just rather see more new Pokemon and maybe more split evolutions.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here