• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
My excuse is having a full-time job, being 23, and not caring what people think of what I play because I'm an adult. 8D

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
No one should be embarrassed no matter the age, I'm well into my 30's and have no shame that I am into pokemon, I wear a pikachu necklace and have a pikachu key chain attached to my purse!!

Years
I've been playing/watching since I was 6/7 I'm 21 and I still don't give a rattata what people think of me. They can try to put me down but I know it all to be trubbish lol

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
Me: "Hello Sir, What could I possibly get with 1 cent?"
Store Clerk at EB GAMES/ Gamestop: "You may get black AND white for just the cost of 1 penny!"

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I just want the game because of what most members in this thread said earlier. I just want it. I don't care what people around me think. Plus, I'm very curious as to how Unova looks like 2 years later, as it is very interesting to learn new things :)

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Basically, the anime is used to attract kids, and the games are for keeping those "kids" that would later become adults into the franchise.

Most fans of Pokemon got interested in it because of the anime, play the game when they're young and continue on even when they're older. They're pretty smart for changing things up in BW and BW2 because many people who skipped D/P and HG/SS got back into it.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
I beat the original Yellow version at the ripe age of 7. I didn't understand Grinding, but I beat Brock with a level 25 Pikachu... Anyways, I'm going to walk into Gamestop and loudly proclaim that they hand over my copy.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
back in the old times I was too excited about the new game that was out so I didn't give a damn what others think!! it's a new pokemon game!!! I'm the happiest girl on this entire universe at the moment xD

However, when gen 5 came out I already got into college.. and it started to feel really weird for a girl to walk into a game store, a girl at my age at least in this side of the world =< so I ordered it online, and I have no worries getting W2 as my husband will gladly get it for me ~^^~

servine101

hatched, evolved egg
Years
Why should I be ashamed to buy a pokemon game...Tbh it should be a 13 and up , with all the mechanics/strategies...

You really think a 12 and under kid is gonna beat some guys on RM with an un-prepared team? Or rng a shiny , flawless or shiny and flawless poke?

It takes patience , determination and good comprehension to understand rng , it ain't easy

And it takes time to make that battle-team a winner ; with understanding each and every opponent's battle-style/strategy , type advantage/disadvantages , moves to use , and stats to give that upper-edge in battle when you need it most .

Pokemon ain't a kids game , get your facts right or face my groudon's 2094.4 lbs. body!

~ Jay
I agree, The games are total strategy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I need no excuse to buy a good game, not even the famous "it's for my cousin" xD I bought white with my girlfriend, even if she doesn't like the game much she suggested me to buy it cause it was at a good price. Generally i buy online (way cheaper) so i don't have to face GS staff.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Pokemon is a game made by adults. Why should I feel ashamed to get it? Besides, I think my mom would be a lot more proud of me of spending my money on a Pokemon game then spending it by going out and drinking beer! =D

I actually kind of find it funny how I see kids these days only getting and wanting to play shooters and those rated mature sand-box games. COD is for children! xP

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
Years
Despite Pokemon becoming a pastime for people outside of Japan, from little children to old creepy men, Pokemon is still regarded as a game you shouldn't buy unless you're under the age of 12 or you just lack friends that would normally draw private parts on your face if you ever pass out during a party.

So when the day BW2 comes out in English. Would you become a man with over 9000 testosterone and face the cashier and say, "Can I buy Pokemon White 2?", or will you wear your antisocial hoodie, pull the strings on the hoodie until you look like Kenny from South Park, and confront the cashier with a Post-it on your palm saying "Can I buy that game called Pokemon Black 2?".

I'm interested to hear yours.

In my country I don't think we need excuses, we have made it pretty much a trend without mattering age. I am the type of dude that is seen as a party animal while i wear my pokewalker or on the tip of my guitar, or demential pilot due to attaching my pokewalker to my airplane so the vibrations in flight would get me even more steps when not walking. So I'm sure ill just go and be like "I WANT BOTH!! >=D!!" In my college when HG/SS came out everyone weared pokewalkers, so did people at hangouts hehe. We made a community for my country with over 2000 fans and it keeps going up, most of them are from 16 to 27 years old. Wierd eh?

80% of Competitive Pokémon players in my country are over 20s xD!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
"But Moooom, I haven't caught 'em all yet!"

My excuse is simply that I need no excuse. I want the game, therefore I shall obtain it. No middleman excuses to go through.

I already paid off my pre-order for White 2 in full, too, so there's that.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
There is no excuse for me. If someone tells me that I'm "too old" for Pokemon, I'll just tell them to take a Pokeball and shove it right up their--

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I just walk into a gamestop where I live and ask for a Black and white 2 game.
I don't really care about what people think, sometimes when I'm bored in class I just pop out my DS and start playing Pokemon.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Now this is funny, all the ppl that work at my GS know I am into pokemon, so when the keldeo event came out, I have been in the 5 times since I got mine, they all hand me over the poster!! Even though I have 5, I can go in there tomorrow and there will be a different worker and I will get another poster!! I can't wait til the new event hopefully there's a poster with the genesect!! So I need no excuse, they all know, I hide nothing!!

Back