The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Everyone seems to love Glaceon eh? o3o I guess I can see it's cuteness:

Spoiler:

And it's toughness:

Spoiler:

But I'm not sure it's the best designed Ice Pokémon... It seems somewhat boring considering what most Ice types are like? With Pokémon like Beartic, Cryogonal, Weavile, Articuno, etc., it just seems like Glaceon was a little lazy? I dunno, I might be wrong, I guess I haven't spent that much time looking into it haha. I just think it should've had something interesting and unique about it; as it currently stands it just looks like a dog with pointy ears that's been put in the freezer :p

Who wants to convince me otherwise?
i have to agree. Glaceon looks simple compared to other eeveelutions imo
this is first time i have agreed with alex on something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdrop View Post
The best designed Ice? Sneasel came to my mind first (I'm not Weavile's biggest fan), but you know I think Articuno, Glaceon and maybe Dewgong can come up there.

Glaceon doesn't really have all that great of a design to me, but I've seen a lot of fan depictions which kind skews the appeal. Articuno is one I've ALWAYS loved. I can remember being 5-years-old and saying it was, like, my favorite. It still is one of them. Dewgong's design is simple yet effective. And Sneasel just looks really unique as an icy weasel thief with a feather thing xD

So tie between Sneasel and Articuno.
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT ARTICUNO :0 :0 :0
articuno has the best design imo

Old September 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
vlay
Picnicker

Nature: Timid
I'am join >w<
Name: vlay
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice Pokémon because when in hail all ice type is so extreme
My buddy Glalie, I'll call you Hugo!
Answer the current topic!: which ice type pokemon has the best design in ur opinion??
I like Glalie design he like a flying mask and I like Articuno too he like souleater bird.
Ah forgot about Lapras, the Transportation pokemon :3
Old September 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlay View Post
I'am join >w<
Name: vlay
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice Pokémon because when in hail all ice type is so extreme
My buddy Glalie, I'll call you Hugo!
Answer the current topic!: which ice type pokemon has the best design in ur opinion??
I like Glalie design he like a flying mask and I like Articuno too he like souleater bird.
Ah forgot about Lapras, the Transportation pokemon :3
welcome to the club, vlay!!
nice nickname btw
new topic :
What was your first Ice-type Pokemon???

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
My first Ice-type caught was a Spheal back in Pokemon Ruby. I since evolved her into a Walrein and she's now resting in the PC to this day.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old September 19th, 2012, 11:44 PM
vlay
Picnicker

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Hmmm maybe my first Ice pokemon is Sneasel in Pokemon Crystal. Because in Generation 2 type Dark and Ice is Special move so I stored Sneasel in Box
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT ARTICUNO :0 :0 :0
articuno has the best design imo
BUT WHAT ABOUT IT'S HUGE CREEPY BEARD ;; I do love Articuno's design, but I feel the beard really ruins it. I don't have a clue why they thought to include that, but it really isn't flattering for the poor bird xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
My first Ice-type caught was a Spheal back in Pokemon Ruby. I since evolved her into a Walrein and she's now resting in the PC to this day.
Ohh wow, didn't you like any of the Gen I/II Ice types? :o Spheal is an amazing cute ball of blubber and I'm not surprised you'd want to catch one, especially based on how good Walrein can be in battle, but I'm surprised none of the earlier Ice types took your fancy? Where's the love for Dewgong! ;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlay View Post
Hmmm maybe my first Ice pokemon is Sneasel in Pokemon Crystal. Because in Generation 2 type Dark and Ice is Special move so I stored Sneasel in Box :(
This was a huge shame wasn't it? I was so excited to use Sneasel when I first saw it until I found out about it's horrible stats for a Dark/Ice typing :( What was the first Ice Pokémon that you used on a team? :D

As for me, I use countless Ice types so it's hard to remember, but I'm almost certain my first was Dewgong. When I went through Seafoam Islands for the first time and came across Seel I instantly fell in love and replaced my Blastoise for it (also at the time I was really upset at how ugly Squirtle became when it evolved so not a hard choice :p) but yeah, I've always had a huge soft spot for Seel/Dewgong as a result. It's not a Pokémon I talk about often 'cos it's not really fitting for me, but I love using Dewgong when I get the chance and it's one of my favourite Pokémon :3 It's so bulky and strong with really tricky moves like Rest/Toxic/Sheer Cold so it makes a perfect in-game Pokémon against 90% of opponents. The only problem is that it doesn't do so well in competitive battling with moves like Sheer Cold being banned and everything having Rock/Fighting attacks, but that doesn't stop me using it :D
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
BUT WHAT ABOUT IT'S HUGE CREEPY BEARD ;; I do love Articuno's design, but I feel the beard really ruins it. I don't have a clue why they thought to include that, but it really isn't flattering for the poor bird xD
I think it's the plumage of a bird, not a beard :c

But either way it still kinda looks cool, but yeah.

My first ice type I cared about for its type is Cryognal. I used it to defeat the Dragon type gym, because Haxorus was killing my team very badly.

My first ice type ever was Articuno, but I just used it because it came along with a very high level. If it was a normal type I would've taken it just the same :P

I might have caught a Sneasel here and there, but I've never actually paid any attention to those Pokémon.

Old September 20th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
I'd like to sign up too!!!!

Name: Psystar63
W-what do you want from me!?: A CasteliaCone, because I love having ice cream during the winter. That's how much I love Ice Pokemon!
My buddy Cubchoo, I'll call you Sniffles
Answer the current topic!:

I think it was maybe a Swinub or a Sneasel. This was way back in Gold when I was like 7, so I can't remember too well. I used Sneasel on my Gold team because I was trying to include as many Dark types on my team as possible. Plus, since it was second Gen, Dark and Ice was a pretty unique combination. Though I tend to avoid it now because of Fighting types and Mach punch.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Quote:
i don't think it is a beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psystar63 View Post
I'd like to sign up too!!!!

Name: Psystar63
W-what do you want from me!?: A CasteliaCone, because I love having ice cream during the winter. That's how much I love Ice Pokemon!
My buddy Cubchoo, I'll call you Sniffles
Answer the current topic!:

I think it was maybe a Swinub or a Sneasel. This was way back in Gold when I was like 7, so I can't remember too well. I used Sneasel on my Gold team because I was trying to include as many Dark types on my team as possible. Plus, since it was second Gen, Dark and Ice was a pretty unique combination. Though I tend to avoid it now because of Fighting types and Mach punch.
welcome to the club,star!!
cute pokemon choice btw <3 <3

i think it was Dewgong or lapras in Red i don't remember

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote:
i don't think it is a beard

welcome to the club,star!!
cute pokemon choice btw <3 <3
I agree. It's not a beard, otherwise it'd be located closer to Articuno's beak. It's just chest plumage.

Thanks! Cubchoo is adorable, isn't it? :3 And it always has a runny nose...

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 21st, 2012, 05:18 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
My first ice type I cared about for its type is Cryognal. I used it to defeat the Dragon type gym, because Haxorus was killing my team very badly.
Oo interesting, how was Cryogonal to use? It's something I've never really considered using based on it's appearance so I'd love to know if it's any good/worth using :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psystar63 View Post
I agree. It's not a beard, otherwise it'd be located closer to Articuno's beak. It's just chest plumage.
Okay yeah I've gone back and looked at Aricuno's sprites and I admit, I have no idea where the beard thing came from lmao. It looks nothing like a beard at all xD I seem to remember in one generation (I think HG?) Articuno looked incredibly old and therefore I assumed it was a beard, but maybe I'm just going crazy haha. But after reviewing it's sprites, I take back what I said and I agree that it's an incredibly well designed Pokémon! It's so beautiful and elegant and looks like it has huge power :3 Welcome to the club btw n.n
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:33 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oo interesting, how was Cryogonal to use? It's something I've never really considered using based on it's appearance so I'd love to know if it's any good/worth using :3
Lol it's most likely not that great for anything but it's the only ice-type I could find in Unova so I went with that :F

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Okay, time to kick things up a bit!

What's your favorite moment in the fandom that involves an ice-type?

Old October 7th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post

lrn2answrtopix

Hmmmmmm... I think this is a very easy choice for me, it's definitely the moment where Ash encounters the Snover just before reaching Snowpoint City. That Pokémon is adorable and seeing the way it uses it moves was very cool; plus it's berries sounded yummy! It was really nice seeing the ending to that episode where the lonely Snover got to stay behind with the kids at the pre-school, but I was hoping that it'd join Ash's team since that'd be a really cool Pokémon for him to use! But yeah, it was an utterly adorable episode due to Snover and it really made me love the Pokémon :D
Old October 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

hm

Hey guys, I'm getting pretty busy lately, so just to note here that if you want to try to take over the club, just contact Olli or Ozzy!

Love you all! <3

Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
ArcanaFlaera
Guard of the Generation

Nature: Relaxed
Name: Arcana
W-what do you want from me!?: To gobble you up, then spit out your bones. Don't worry, I'm just kidding. I really love ice type pokemon, they've been my favorite since forever.
My buddy Articuno, I'll call you [Snowy]!

Probably when Ash encounters Lapras. I've always loved that moment,and found it adorable, especially since I've always adored Lapras. She was the first ice type I ever used in Red.
White 2 FC : 4299 0937 8549
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcanaFlaera View Post
Name: Arcana
W-what do you want from me!?: To gobble you up, then spit out your bones. Don't worry, I'm just kidding. I really love ice type pokemon, they've been my favorite since forever.
My buddy Articuno, I'll call you [Snowy]!

Probably when Ash encounters Lapras. I've always loved that moment,and found it adorable, especially since I've always adored Lapras. She was the first ice type I ever used in Red.
Welcome! I loved that moment too, it was so interesting watching Ash encounter such a rare and powerful Pokémon. I was really surprised when it joined his team though, I didn't expect him to get such a cool Pokémon haha. So why do you love Ice type Pokémon so much? And what made you choose Articuno as your partner? It's a cool Pokémon, especially in the Power of One movie, so I can understand your choice! Anyway, since the owner's not running the club any more I'll add you to the members list on his behalf now. :)

Okaay guys, let's have a new topic in here! :D

Which do you think is the most unique Ice type Pokémon and why?

Personally the Pokémon that instantly came to my head was Froslass. Ice/Ghost is an incredibly surprising type combination and the Pokémon's back story is... different, to say the least haha. There's not many Pokémon that are fabled to come from the ghosts of dead humans so I think that definitely makes it one heck of a unique Pokémon. I'd also go with Snover/Abomasnow based solely on their typing (Grass and Ice are two types that I honestly never thought would go together before Gen IV :p), but the actual designs aren't that surprising so I think Froslass wins. :D
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
ArcanaFlaera
Guard of the Generation

Nature: Relaxed
Oh, I thought I'd added that. I don't know why really, I just saw ice types and fell in love with them. I'll blame it on the fact that I'm in the snow six months out of the year, at least I used to be. I used to live in Northern Quebec, so there was a lot of snow.
As for Articuno, I've always loved it. I always loved the design, and the Power of One movie made me adore it even more. I just love the tail.

And the battle between Articuno and Charizard is a close second for favorite moment in the fandom. I actually liked Ash during the Battle Frontier Season. He was an amazing trainer there. There, and during Sinnoh.

Froslass and Articuno. Both of them due to their typings. Rarely are things apart from dark or poison are pairing with ghost, so ice makes it unique. Plus, I always thought they were beautiful. I used one during my first Platinum playthrough. Articuno, well, as I said... the typing is unique, flying & ice, considering ice usually freezes flying, and the tail. I'll admit the tail has something to do with it. Haha, I just love Articuno's pretty tail.
White 2 FC : 4299 0937 8549
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Chandera
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
Name: Chandera
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice-types, I was blown here by a blizzard...
My buddy Glaceon, I'll call you Frost!
Answer the current topic!
Which Ice-type is the most unique:
Froslass-I mean it's story is unique itself:A woman that was lost in icy mountains. And she is still a motherly figure, that will protect her youth by any cost...
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

I would have to say Articuno because of it's design. It's one of my favorite legends too. It's unique to me because it's a bird design but yet it's an Ice typing. Idk exactly how, but somehow I find that unique and cool at the same time.

Welcome to the club Chandera! I love also Glaceon.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Sorry guys, going to have to close this thread due to owner's request and no one wishing to take over as owner. D: Ice types are wonderful though so another Ice type club in the future would be great to see if anyone wants to make one <3

~Closed~

Sponsored Links