The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
http://i45.tinypic.com/2yjr62w.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/6hqed0.jpg

1) Iris challenges a Gym Leader!
Iris challenges Drayden, the Gym Leader of the Opelucid Gym!

2) Iris battles in the Opelucid Gym!
Ash and his friends have come to Iris' hometown, the Village of Dragons. There they run into Drayden, the Gym Leader of the Opelucid Gym?!
(Caption Drayden pic: Drayden is an expert on Dragon type Pokémon! For Iris, he is a scary teacher!)

Having entered the Opelucid Academy, Iris...
Iris once came to Opelucid City to become a Dragon Master. But she could not get used to school life.
(Caption 1: Unable to do well in her studies, Iris was troubled.)
(Caption 2: Iris has been very tomboyish since she was small!)
(Caption 3: Drayden talks to the Village Elder to discuss Iris.)

Time to show the strength she has built up during her journey!
Drayden wished for Iris to become stronger. To meet his expectations, Iris challenges him with all the power she has got!
(Caption: She challenges Haxorus and Druddigon with Excadrill and Dragonite!)

Airdate: November 8th

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old September 21st, 2012, 12:28 AM
Bobdapeach

I'm really looking forward to this episode. And Iris's return to the VoD.
I think it will have some good character development for her and hopefully we'll learn a bit more.
I'm really hoping they turn out good :3

Old October 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Kanade Otonashi
<3

...Oh my god I cannot wait for this episode. <3

I just watched the episode where Iris got stuck in the, um... Ferroseed Research Center with Vanilluxe and had to work with it to get back out. I loved the episode and I can't wait for this Iris centered episode.

Rooting for Iris the entire way. :'D
Old November 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Is there like a video available yet?

EDIT:
Nothing much
youtube.com/ watch?feature=related&v=OkGAcaD_r7E

Remove the space before the watch.
I can't post URLS yet.

Last edited by slayerz96; November 9th, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Finally having watched the episode in the English dub this morning, I have to say that learning about Iris' past as child growing up in the Village of Dragons and attending Drayden's school was a lot more interesting than the actual match between Iris and Drayden itself.

It was just soooo short, and given the title of the episode, one would expect more time to be focused on the actual battle. While I appreciated learning more about Iris' history, it took up a lot of time. I personally feel like this would have worked better as a two-parter or at least have flashbacks incorporating during the battle.

That being said, I did like the end where Iris learned that both Drayden and the Elder had hopes for Iris to take the place of the new Gym Leader of Opelucid City when she's ready. That was a pretty nice nod to the games.

We're now drawing extremely close to the Unova Leage arc. Only one more episode to go!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
That's what Best Wishes does for me. They focus more on other things besides the battling, definitely not battling oriented like DP. I mean the Don Tournaments they spent more time with Bianca screwing around with Zorua in the first one then focusing on the actual battles.

They also short changed Marlon vs. Cameron since that battle was quick lived as well. They could have did more with that match.

I see the endorsement as a way to write her out of being the the XY saga. She now has a position as the Opelucid Gym, so she has commitments and cannot continue the journey with Ash.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here