The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Camisado
a therapeutic chain of events

Nature: Quirky
My excuse is having a full-time job, being 23, and not caring what people think of what I play because I'm an adult. 8D
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

pokemon is awesome, and got my keldeo all ready to be transferred to black 2 when it comes out.

Old September 20th, 2012, 08:41 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

No one should be embarrassed no matter the age, I'm well into my 30's and have no shame that I am into pokemon, I wear a pikachu necklace and have a pikachu key chain attached to my purse!!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
No one at Game Stop cares what games I play, as long as they don't suck.

Moderator of Challenges
Paired with Orianna
My Twitch Channel
My Trade Reviews
Ultimate Monotype Challenge
The Ones That Got Away
Random Pokemon Challenge
Staff Collab
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:48 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I befreinded the manager there and now he txts me when he gets the emails about up coming pokemon things!!
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:41 AM
Jtimis
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
I've been playing/watching since I was 6/7 I'm 21 and I still don't give a rattata what people think of me. They can try to put me down but I know it all to be trubbish lol
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:41 AM
K1ngQu33n
Electrical Swampert

Nature: Relaxed
Me: "Hello Sir, What could I possibly get with 1 cent?"
Store Clerk at EB GAMES/ Gamestop: "You may get black AND white for just the cost of 1 penny!"

B/W 2 FC: 4213 2061 7946
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I just want the game because of what most members in this thread said earlier. I just want it. I don't care what people around me think. Plus, I'm very curious as to how Unova looks like 2 years later, as it is very interesting to learn new things :)
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
trapincher
Rocket Executive

Basically, the anime is used to attract kids, and the games are for keeping those "kids" that would later become adults into the franchise.

Most fans of Pokemon got interested in it because of the anime, play the game when they're young and continue on even when they're older. They're pretty smart for changing things up in BW and BW2 because many people who skipped D/P and HG/SS got back into it.
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:00 AM
Koyan
Ghost/Dark Trainer

Nature: Careful
I beat the original Yellow version at the ripe age of 7. I didn't understand Grinding, but I beat Brock with a level 25 Pikachu... Anyways, I'm going to walk into Gamestop and loudly proclaim that they hand over my copy.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM
Mochaccino
Unhatched Egg

back in the old times I was too excited about the new game that was out so I didn't give a damn what others think!! it's a new pokemon game!!! I'm the happiest girl on this entire universe at the moment xD

However, when gen 5 came out I already got into college.. and it started to feel really weird for a girl to walk into a game store, a girl at my age at least in this side of the world =< so I ordered it online, and I have no worries getting W2 as my husband will gladly get it for me ~~
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
Why should I need an excuse?
I'll just walk into Game, pay for White 2 and be out.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:53 PM
servine101
hatched, evolved egg

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySawn View Post
Why should I be ashamed to buy a pokemon game...Tbh it should be a 13 and up , with all the mechanics/strategies...

You really think a 12 and under kid is gonna beat some guys on RM with an un-prepared team? Or rng a shiny , flawless or shiny and flawless poke?

It takes patience , determination and good comprehension to understand rng , it ain't easy

And it takes time to make that battle-team a winner ; with understanding each and every opponent's battle-style/strategy , type advantage/disadvantages , moves to use , and stats to give that upper-edge in battle when you need it most .

Pokemon ain't a kids game , get your facts right or face my groudon's 2094.4 lbs. body!

~ Jay
I agree, The games are total strategy.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
.TheDon.

I need no excuse to buy a good game, not even the famous "it's for my cousin" xD I bought white with my girlfriend, even if she doesn't like the game much she suggested me to buy it cause it was at a good price. Generally i buy online (way cheaper) so i don't have to face GS staff.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
Pokemon is a game made by adults. Why should I feel ashamed to get it? Besides, I think my mom would be a lot more proud of me of spending my money on a Pokemon game then spending it by going out and drinking beer! =D

I actually kind of find it funny how I see kids these days only getting and wanting to play shooters and those rated mature sand-box games. COD is for children! xP

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Rettan
~Oddish_Smoker~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rettan
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 View Post
Despite Pokemon becoming a pastime for people outside of Japan, from little children to old creepy men, Pokemon is still regarded as a game you shouldn't buy unless you're under the age of 12 or you just lack friends that would normally draw private parts on your face if you ever pass out during a party.

So when the day BW2 comes out in English. Would you become a man with over 9000 testosterone and face the cashier and say, "Can I buy Pokemon White 2?", or will you wear your antisocial hoodie, pull the strings on the hoodie until you look like Kenny from South Park, and confront the cashier with a Post-it on your palm saying "Can I buy that game called Pokemon Black 2?".

I'm interested to hear yours.
In my country I don't think we need excuses, we have made it pretty much a trend without mattering age. I am the type of dude that is seen as a party animal while i wear my pokewalker or on the tip of my guitar, or demential pilot due to attaching my pokewalker to my airplane so the vibrations in flight would get me even more steps when not walking. So I'm sure ill just go and be like "I WANT BOTH!! >=D!!" In my college when HG/SS came out everyone weared pokewalkers, so did people at hangouts hehe. We made a community for my country with over 2000 fans and it keeps going up, most of them are from 16 to 27 years old. Wierd eh?

80% of Competitive Pokémon players in my country are over 20s xD!
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:19 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
"But Moooom, I haven't caught 'em all yet!"

My excuse is simply that I need no excuse. I want the game, therefore I shall obtain it. No middleman excuses to go through.

I already paid off my pre-order for White 2 in full, too, so there's that.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

There is no excuse for me. If someone tells me that I'm "too old" for Pokemon, I'll just tell them to take a Pokeball and shove it right up their--
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I just walk into a gamestop where I live and ask for a Black and white 2 game.
I don't really care about what people think, sometimes when I'm bored in class I just pop out my DS and start playing Pokemon.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Now this is funny, all the ppl that work at my GS know I am into pokemon, so when the keldeo event came out, I have been in the 5 times since I got mine, they all hand me over the poster!! Even though I have 5, I can go in there tomorrow and there will be a different worker and I will get another poster!! I can't wait til the new event hopefully there's a poster with the genesect!! So I need no excuse, they all know, I hide nothing!!
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I was asked by the guy at Gamestop if I wanted to pre-order Black or White 2. So I did. Nothing much to say about it. I wanted the game anyways so why not?
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
ProjectMisfit
The fear of falling apart

It looks good to me, don't care about anything otherwise. See a good game, buy it, enjoy it.
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
I actually never thought about being embarrassed to play it, I mean people in my college don't play but it never crossed my mind, I got to my GameStop at 11 am (opening) and ask for the game, there are a couple of kids and I even saw a couple getting B/W before, only reason I don't play on campus is because I have consecutive classes then I leave, plus I'd like to focus on my work

Like every year, I'll ask for the game, throw down my two 20s get my pennies back and drive to my dorm and play it with sweaty palms of pure excitement, as I do every year

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
No excuse is needed. I am psyched its one more day :D
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
My reason is because I... Um, I don't have an excuse

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum