The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:04 AM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Do you have anything special that you do on your birthday? Do you have a party? Go out for dinner? Get lots of presents? Make sure someone makes you a birthday thread? Or maybe you just don't care and carry on as normal?

As for me, it depends. If I were with my parents, they'd take me out for dinner. Since I'm not, I'm at my sister's place, and we're going to have a small party. It'll be fun!
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMI!

I usually go out with friends on my birthday then meet up with family the day after :3 I usually end up making my own birthday cake too 'cos no one else in my family can cook xD As for birthday threads, I've only had one here so far but I'll be forcing Olli to make them all whether he likes it or not n.n
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMI

I don't do anything special on my birthday. No parties or anything, haha. I'm too lazy for that I guess. I would like to have a surprise party once in my life though.
PM
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:32 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
On birthdays, I choose a restaurant to eat out at and my family goes out to eat in that place on the Sunday before/after the birthday, depending on what day of the week my birthday falls on.

Old September 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I don't usually do anything special for my birthday. Go out to a restaurant with the family for one day then hang out with my best mate on another. That's the usual deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMI

I don't do anything special on my birthday. No parties or anything, haha. I'm too lazy for that I guess. I would like to have a surprise party once in my life though.
Be careful what you wish for, mufufufufu . . .

Last edited by Overlord Drakow; September 21st, 2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Um right...

I don't do anything special for my birthday unless I feel different. Maybe I'll celebrate it very belatedly by getting a driver's license or something but as for a real celebration it's just another day for me.

Old September 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
I'd rather do absolutely nothing on my birthday rather than do something. I mean, it's my day. Though I get the usual phone calls, and parents taking me out to dinner. I'm not much of a party person so that's why lmao.

BY THE WAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETC <3
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014

Last edited by Axeliira; September 21st, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't had a birthday party since I was like 7, and I've not done anything special for my birthday in years. It's just a day. I guess it's good enough that I made it another year without dying, right?
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I haven't had a B'day party party since I had Hanna but I do get a b'day takeout from my parents.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I usually don't do much, as in nothing. This year, though, since we moved to a big house, I'm inviting my friends over to par-tay. Should be fun. =D

Happy birthday Sammi! Enjoy the party!
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:02 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Typically in my home its the same things - family or friends come to visit, large Mexican meal (either Pozole, Menudo, or Birria), cake or pie next, finally presents. Birthday person says final thanks and from there everyone is off to their rooms. My grandma and another family member will help to clean up the mess.

Its great to have fun with family and friends for an hour or two.

This year, I'm not going to expect much on my birthday, I got it early, months early. My birthday is in December but they gave me my present in early August. It was tickets to a football game at CenturyLink Field (Seattle Sounders FC vs Chivas USA) game was on September 8th. I"m going to have to wait until Christmas for gifts.

Just for fun/laughs/superstitious person - next year my birthday will fall on a Friday the 13th, plus the year will end in 13 too. 13 has always been my lucky number
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - Giving Challenges a quick break so I can enjoy OR/AS
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 16
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: Y - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 5/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 14
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:48 PM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I don't do alot on my birthday. My dad usually takes me out to dinner and/or buys/makes me a cake and we eat at home. I haven't had a birthday party in years.

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:06 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I never really had birthday parties growing up (aside from small family gatherings), but I was never much of a party person so I didn't mind. I never really got more than a few presents growing up, either, with my birthday being so close to Christmas- which was another reason why I didn't have any parties. The only thing that I usually got to do on my birthday is pick what we were having for dinner, whether it be home-made or a restaurant, and maybe have a small cake.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
i usually have a party at home but sometimes i just cut a cake and a few of my close friends and their family go for a dinner and a movie.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:27 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

My birthday is coming up in more than two weeks now but I don't usually do much on my birthday.

I did eat out at a Chinese restaurant once but that was years ago.

Most of my birthdays are stay-at-home with the obligatory cake but in recent years not-so-much presents.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I normally just go out for dinner with my family. And I get a couple presents too. :D
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 24th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I've never really done anything for my birthday either. The only times I've ever had real parties were my 6th, 10th, 12th and 18th. All the other years I've gone out for dinner with my family, or with my friends or with both (at separate times though, I don't mix friends and family when it can be avoided).

I always enjoy my birthdays though, and the parties I have had were really fun. On the whole though, I don't really like a lot of attention being on me (which is why I was mortified when the restaurant I went to last year took it upon themselves to blast the Happy Birthday song from the speakers over the entire restaurant and thereby crossed themselves off the list of viable birthday restaurants from now until the end of time) so I don't really like parties. I also hate when people call me for my birthday and ask me what I got and I have to go through the entire list... I find it really uncomfortable. Thankfully, we talk so so little of my extended family anymore that that isn't really too much of an issue.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 24th, 2012, 06:05 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

All I want to do on my birthday is go out for a nice dinner. Maybe tie it to something that's happening downtown at the same time, if possible.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I've had birthday parties in the past, but I haven't really had one since Senior Year (which was more like my friends staying over at my house for a whole week. Yeah idk how that happened) and I'm not sure if I would want to classify that as an actual party. Usually though it's just a birthday dinner and maaybe getting a present or two. I'm not sure if it was even that last birthday.

you are wonderful
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

What I prefer to do is have the place to myself for the day while I play something random on the old 360 or Wii until I pass out due to the headache I would end up getting after 14 hours or so of gaming.

Gotta love the high life.
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Antemortem
why did Kevin Spacey age

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
It depends not only on who I'm with but what day it is. My birthday is four weeks after school starts (this year it was exactly three weeks, but most years it's four) so I'm usually busy with either my Robotics class, athletics or marching band. This year, my birthday fell on a Monday so most of my day was eaten up by the aforementioned Robotics class. ;;

Though, I do almost always spend a nice, quiet evening with my family (shutting out technology and friends [sometimes!] completely), usually watching a movie of my choice (or going out to see a movie, orz) and enjoying a fine dinner. That's actually what I like doing most, rather than having a boisterous afternoon/evening with friends. Family is the most valuable thing to me, after all.
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I dont really do much on my birthday besides go out to dinner with my family. Last year when I turned 18 I had a surprise party though, but other than that nothing special.

Team Alpha
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I go to the mall and eat out at a nice restaurant. Last year was without the mall (only with the dinner) but this year, I'm planning a 3 day/2 night getaway for my birthday that will include a mall trip, a hotel stay, and about 5 meals out plus two hotel continental breakfasts.

Halloween parties used to be a part of my birthday celebration since mine happens three days before, but since leaving college, they've been hard to come by.

But I've eaten out for my birthday for over ten consecutive years now.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old September 30th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
lol only the real close people to me remember it to began with..everybody say happy birthday..what i like the most is my siblings wait till it's 12 am "the beginning of my birthday day" and they ran to see which one will say happy birthday to me first..lol we all do that with eachothers...sadly now they began to forget that...i spend a normal day like any day sometimes i get some presents sometimes nope..and i don't mind it ....being older one year keeps me busy minded enough xD lol

Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

I haven't celebrated my birthday since I turned 15. Maybe things will be different this coming birthday when I turn 21, but I doubt it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links