The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: favorie generation
gen 1 14 28.00%
gen 2 13 26.00%
gen 3 9 18.00%
gen 4 6 12.00%
gen 5 8 16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Generation 2 brought us great new Pokemon, and the Johto region showed us that even though the region is small, it can be filled with great Pokemon and locations. From the new Steel-types such as Skarmory and Scizor to the Legendary Dogs and Birds, to the Starters, everything about Johto is great.

Generation 3 is close behind, as it gave us the only good "fresh start" in the series. While Generation 5 certainly gave us a fresh start, the Pokemon were covered with pointless patterns and didn't have much of a Pokemon vibe. However, Generation 3 gave us a great fresh start with extremely exotic-looking Pokemon. However, these exotic Pokemon still had that Pokemon vibe, and there was a good reason for the Pokemon to look exotic: Hoenn is a tropical region. Even in real life, the animals in tropical areas look much different. So, for those reasons, Hoenn is also a great region.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:54 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
I always thought of gen 3 as the generation with the most pokemon covered in colorful patterns and contrasting shades o.O
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
NixChill
Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?

Nature: Naive
generation 2 is the best! great storyline and alot of my favorite pokemon were introduced in this generation! GENERATION 2 ROCKS!
Old August 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
Generation 2. I loved the soundtrack in those games and I loved the fact that you could go to Kanto after you defeated the E4. A lot of my favorite Pokèmon were introduced in Generation 2. Celebi, Scizor, Tyranitar, Typhlosion. The list goes on.
Old August 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
AsheDD
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bashful
It's so hard to just pick one xD Gen 1 will always be a past time that I'll never forget. When it comes to how many pokemon I like in each gen, I'd probably have to stick with gen 1. However, gen 2 was also very good. Gen 1 and 2 are like a tie for me XD But if I really had to pick, I guess gen 1.
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
Gen III~!

Not gonna bother listing all the reasons why, but the Pokemon are awesome and the Battle Frontier is awesome. That's all that needs to be said here. :D
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Second. It still has the 8-bit look and feel, improved vastly on the originals and I prefer the lack of EVs, natures, etc. — battling can purely be moves and monsters, how I like.

The third did what the fifth did — cut out as many things as it added. That is the reason, to those wondering, why Hoenn has typically been the least-liked, and why people have more recently complained about Unova.
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Gen II. It essentially just took everything from the already amazing Gen I and multiplied it by a thousand. The storylines, the battles, the music etc. Gen II was incredible.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
windy_leo
Unhatched Egg

I like all of them except for gen V
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:42 AM
kokotko
雷君

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to kokotko
I prefer 1st gen. It set the mark. That's all. There will always be possibilities to wind up from checkpoints, but what pioneers is what counts. All hail Satoshi Tajiri for this pioneering masterpiece!

ポケットモンスター RULEZ!!!
Gotta experience 'em all!
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:06 AM
xxReshiramxx

Nature: Gentle
I'm going to have to say gen five was my favorite it has some cool starters and my favorite Pokemon of all time Reshiram.
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Generation 2 was my favorite. I loved the music and the pokemon introduced. The graphics were also great for a game at that time.
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:23 PM
Ryliam
Unhatched Egg

Second Gen was my favourite gen :3

Serebii:

Pokemon Plus:

Click Here To Join Pokemon Plus
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:32 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
I prefer 1st gen. it's the original and many of my fave pokemon are gen 1

Old September 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Gen 2 definitely. I loved Gen 1 to death, and as such I played it to death, so when Gen 2 came out it was like a huge breath of fresh air the likes of which I've never before felt. Playing it the first time, it felt quirkier and more special than Gen 1, and it was just such a great feeling to be able to begin again somewhere I didn't know and discover all new secrets. That was the first time that happened to me, since my first playthrough of Gen 1 I was kinda busy figuring out how to Pokemon

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
My fav is Gen 5. The graphics they put in it is amazing. It be more awesome if it was in 3D. Also the dragons are the best of all generations in my opinion.

My 2nd fav is Gen 1 Not leaf green and such, the original game. Its simplicity was always entertaining to me and the music was cool for its time.

Last edited by AdrianD; October 1st, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM
soopaord
Togepi

Gen III. It had both of my favorite regions (Hoenn and Kanto), the best OST (RSE), my favorite Pokes (again, from Hoenn and Kanto), and among other things.

My second favorite gen is Gen I. There is a certain charm to those games that will never fade from my memories.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Gen 5 for me, Black & White were my fave games to date.

And I love the Pokemon and characters featured in B/W and B2/W2.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old September 30th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Nature: Modest
Gen 5 made a best result such as 3D games. So, I like it. It way more interesting than it previous version. Upcoming BW2 English and PMD gen 5 are looking more awesome too. Cannot wait for playing with it in another day ^w^
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:41 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I think it's abut obvious since I mod the board, but my personal favourite generation would be the 4th. In particular HGSS.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:18 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Generations 2 and 4 are my favourites.
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:08 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Gen III will always hold a special place in my heart because of Hoenn being expansive and the really catchy music there. Currently, my favorite generation is Gen V because of the new Pokemon introduced.

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I've always loved Gen IV. It introduced some wonderful,cute and powerful Pokemon like Pachirisu,Togekiss,Yanmega,Electivire,the list could honestly go on. Sinnoh had always been a beautiful region to me as well,with interesting places and an awesome storyline.

Also Gen IV introduced more Battle Frontier places,besides the old Battle Tower like the Battle Hall,Castle,Factory and Arcade :3. There were amazing additions like the Pokeathlon,a fun place for Pokemon sport competitions,the Safari Zone where you trekked around looking for rare Pokemon.

It also introduced the amazing HG/SS, the remakes of G/S/C. I thought it was the best remake of the Pokemon series and loved how Pokemon followed you around eagerly along with some nostalgia moments from the old days.
. :p
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Arcanine View Post
I've always loved Gen IV. It introduced some wonderful,cute and powerful Pokemon like Pachirisu,Togekiss,Yanmega,Electivire,the list could honestly go on. Sinnoh had always been a beautiful region to me as well,with interesting places and an awesome storyline.

Also Gen IV introduced more Battle Frontier places,besides the old Battle Tower like the Battle Hall,Castle,Factory and Arcade :3. There were amazing additions like the Pokeathlon,a fun place for Pokemon sport competitions,the Safari Zone where you trekked around looking for rare Pokemon.

It also introduced the amazing HG/SS, the remakes of G/S/C. I thought it was the best remake of the Pokemon series and loved how Pokemon followed you around eagerly along with some nostalgia moments from the old days.
This! Oh, my god! THIS!

Oh...But don't forget it was the game that first did the Physical and Special split. Which had to been the most smartest s*it I've evar seen in mah life. LOL

But it's like I said in another thread...I like Sinnoh and Johto the most, cuz its the 2 gens that introduce more further evolution/pre-evolution Pokemon. Not to mention branch-evolution Pokemon! I love the gens that have these. ^w^
Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:55 AM
Mr Popo
Unhatched Egg

Well my favorite game is Silver as it was my first Pokemon game and you could go back and playthrough Kanto which i thought was awesome, so im going with gen 2.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links