Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2012 (11:42 AM). Edited September 17th, 2012 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Oh, I wasn't making the storyline connection. So the bad guys are in fact attacking their hive or something. The thing that confuses me is why the bad guys weren't there, then suddenly a moment later they magically appear. Then the Gym Leader claims they are attacking residents, but you can walk throughout the city and there's the guy to the north unfazed by what is happening.

Why do I want Pichu so badly? I'm a completionist; I always go for a full Pokédex. Hence why having no way to buy Pokéballs (I noticed the Pokémart blocked as well in the new city, that's a drag) is currently annoying me; I've left a lot of Pokémon behind. I'll likely be going for the Safari Zone soon to get some more low-level Pokémon to help catch the others along the way; that is, once I can buy Pokéballs for the ones in the main areas. (Granted, some Electric types will never see the light of day again; Blitzle will likely take up residence in my PC, and Shinx too once I have Pichu/Pikachu.)

EDIT:

Do they sell anything normal for this early in the game? Would like a regular old Pokéball here, don't really want to drop $1,200 on a high-powered version, just want to catch some weaker-leveled Pokémon in standard balls...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 17th, 2012 (05:40 PM).
uran10

Cyclone, I'm just warning you, if your already having problems with how this hack is designed you really wont enjoy it at all. Its one of those hacks where you have to be absorbed into the new graphics to enjoy it or realise how bad the plot, character development etc was. Great scripting just a downright bad attempt at a good plot. Also ncs are repetitive like mad don't talk to most of them. You probably will have a ton of pokemon given to you..... If I continue I'll go on to explain the many things completely wrong in this hack. Try to enjoy it it took me 70 parts to do a bilnd LP which happened to be the only LP I did not enjoy recording.
Old September 17th, 2012 (05:57 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by uran10:
Cyclone, I'm just warning you, if your already having problems with how this hack is designed you really wont enjoy it at all. Its one of those hacks where you have to be absorbed into the new graphics to enjoy it or realise how bad the plot, character development etc was. Great scripting just a downright bad attempt at a good plot. Also ncs are repetitive like mad don't talk to most of them. You probably will have a ton of pokemon given to you..... If I continue I'll go on to explain the many things completely wrong in this hack. Try to enjoy it it took me 70 parts to do a bilnd LP which happened to be the only LP I did not enjoy recording.
Duly noted, and thank you...yeah, already stumbled upon Starter Gift #3, and already know about the repetitive comments made by NPCs (especially post-battle, Team Steam all seems to have the same manner of speech). With the lack of standard Pokéballs and the large number of hacks available, I might have to flop around again. It's not really enjoyable having to spend all the time grinding for a half hour or hour just to start the game, and having to use all the regular Pokéballs on standard fare Pokémon.

Currently at the Gym and debating whether I really feel like continuing. I was planning to do my first LP attempt (lame as it will be) on a hack I really enjoy. I'm not sure this qualifies.

With that said, I did somehow construct maps of some of the cities and areas in between. They at least show the nice scenery, which it seems was the focus of the hack.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 18th, 2012 (01:19 AM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
Actually, that's why I brought it up. I didn't have any balls left. My question is where ELSE can it be found, or Pikachu to later breed perhaps.

I have JUST looked in AdvanceMap. Pikachu appears in the Safari Zone with a 5% chance of showing up. I'm thinking of changing that 4% one to a Pichu on my copy (leaving Pikachu the 1%); the reason for this being that there is no other Pichu noted anywhere that I know of (unless there's another event later, I dunno), and I don't know if there is a breeding center. If there IS a breeding center, then my problem will solve itself and I will just catch Pikachu, but I'm not hanging around the Safari Zone quite yet (I should make a list of catchables however and do some planning, I need water types; also, I already have a Shinx and an Elekid).

EDIT: All right, where did the bad guys come from all of a sudden in the forest? There was no storyline of their appearing, you just return to the hive where the angry Combees were located and suddenly there are grunts hanging around the place...also, do we ever get the Running Shoes? I'm tired of the snail's pace walking.

Cyclone
Sorry pal but you have gotten the chance to capture it.. I know you just have 1-2 Ultra Ballz at that stage... that is why you said you can't catch it.. Is that right??? have you talked with professor jasmine after you got back from the maferney beach where Oak event occured.???
Old September 18th, 2012 (04:52 AM).
kenshinl
Unhatched Egg

Quote originally posted by kenshinl:
What to do after Luaren league? I just beat it and whent back home....now where should i go?
BUMP! anyone can help me? i really dont know where to go...
Old September 18th, 2012 (05:33 AM).
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by kenshinl:
BUMP! anyone can help me? i really dont know where to go...
After beating the Lauren League(that's the second region, right?), go to Yellow Town and Ash will give you a ticket to go to the World Championship.
After you do that, you can go around and catch the rest of the legendary Pokemon if you want. If you need any help, like where the legendaries are, go to Wesley's Weebly site.
Old September 18th, 2012 (06:41 AM). Edited September 18th, 2012 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Sorry pal but you have gotten the chance to capture it.. I know you just have 1-2 Ultra Ballz at that stage... that is why you said you can't catch it.. Is that right??? have you talked with professor jasmine after you got back from the maferney beach where Oak event occured.???
Given the difficulty of the initial section of the game and feeling I had to use all those Pokéballs early, dangling the only wild Pichu in the game in front of the player after using them (BTW, I had no Ultra Balls or balls of ANY type at that point since they cannot be purchased in Central City, I did later acquire one via Pickup and another lying around) is like teasing a dog by holding a bone just a little too high for them to grab it. Also, without going back to Yellow Town, you can't access the wild Pichu (Route 402 is blocked by a trainer battle, one whom you later battle when you progress).

If you can breed one later, then great, I can do that (can anyone answer this BTW?). I'm going to do the first Gym and see if I can unlock regular Pokéballs at the shop. If not, I might be done with this hack. I can obviously plant Pichu in the grass in 402 if I really want it (seems the same capturable data, Lv.5, Route 402 met, etc.), but not having standard Pokéballs is just going a little far for a hack.

Cyclone

Old September 18th, 2012 (09:13 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Then stop playing.
Regular Pokéballs (beside the ones obtained from Jasmine) aren't available until the second half of Zhery.
You seem to dig too deep so as uran said, you will surely not enjoy this hack if you have so many issues.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 18th, 2012 (02:49 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Then stop playing.
Regular Pokéballs (beside the ones obtained from Jasmine) aren't available until the second half of Zhery.
You seem to dig too deep so as uran said, you will surely not enjoy this hack if you have so many issues.
Hmm, I see...so Ultra Balls, Pokéballs, and Great Balls available in that order (the cheap ones around the time the Great Balls normally would be, and Great when the Ultra normally would be). Very strange that the best and most expensive ball is first! The potions would be the most annoying part of the whole thing, but typically I try not to use those even in normal games until I'm in places like the final Gym Battles or the E4.

I'm still undecided on whether I will stop playing. I mean, I can always backtrack later. I just wish I knew regular Pokéballs weren't going to be available before using them all. LMAO

Cyclone

Old September 18th, 2012 (03:24 PM).
Critx
Is making Wi-Fi on Rom hacks

Great HAck Wes!

(You too Snakebyte)

Is there going to be BW2 Pokemon here?

~Thanks for Reading Critx~
Old September 18th, 2012 (10:59 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Critx:
Is there going to be BW2 Pokemon here?
If you mean new forms of some legendary Pokémon that were introduced in B2W2 then not.
If you mean Pokémon from the 5th generation then, yes some are available.
Especially Venipede-line which we all remember as Audino-like EXP. giver :D

Old September 18th, 2012 (11:29 PM).
alienhunterx

Yeah All hail Venipede... Also if CycloneGU: is having so boring time can you fix that ball problem Ash493?
Old September 19th, 2012 (03:14 AM).
aShNEyX
eXPeRt

Nature: Bold
hey guys what are the bugs in pokemon light platinum?
Old September 19th, 2012 (06:04 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Yeah All hail Venipede... Also if CycloneGU: is having so boring time can you fix that ball problem Ash493?
Boring isn't the word I would use. I just hate the thought of having to spend $1,200 on my Pokéballs until finishing the fourth Gym; by that point, it's impossible to weaken the weaker missed Pokémon without killing them. Later on, the Ultra Balls would be needed to catch legendaries and such, so not having regular balls available early in the game and having Ultra Balls available right away basically takes the formula and reverses it somewhat. I can't say I like the way it's reversed.

And I'm saying that even having two Ultra Balls in tow now.

The lack of regular Pokéballs really is the reason I have been hesitant to go forward further. I'd like to keep playing because the graphics are worthy of having maps made (I see them in AdvanceMap too, they cannot be taken from there and are best taken in-game) and my next map to make is in fact Inhore City.

Also, in the new city, I found a four square block on the very east end of the city that cannot be trod upon. That area prevents one from walking around a house next to the Pokémart. Those flags need to be fixed.

Cyclone

Old September 20th, 2012 (01:37 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Well it's not a problem adding PokéBalls to Central City market or adding random NPC saying "Hey dude, need some balls?" (Okay... maybe... NOT O.O) but editing Central City's mart script is no big deal.

Those flags need to be fixed.
Flags?

Old September 20th, 2012 (02:49 AM).
alienhunterx

Well it's not a problem adding PokéBalls to Central City market or adding random NPC saying "Hey dude, need some balls?" (Okay... maybe... NOT O.O) but editing Central City's mart script is no big deal.

Flags?
Yeah I know thats an issue but why not on route 401??
Old September 20th, 2012 (06:19 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Flags?
Wrong word. Movement permissions.

See here for instance. I am facing one tile that cannot be walked upon. It's the lower left corner of a square of four tiles that cannot be trod through. I'm guessing it used to be a tree and was changed for final release.

Speaking of errors, found another I never reported:

It's possible to go downstairs without actually accessing the stairs. Same goes for upstairs. This was in the university.

Cyclone

Old September 20th, 2012 (02:31 PM).
24farone
Unhatched Egg

im stuck in kosaka city i ran in to team steam in ledyn and they said they were going to kosaka i went to kosaka healed went to the gym lucy walked out and said she was going to take care of something i went to explore for her saw tree stumps couldnt pass saw those big boulders couldnt pass i went to that flamerty forest and to flamerny but i didnt do anything but talk to a few people than i found out i was suppose to go into sky tower but that guard wont move and anytime i go back to ledyn town team steam is there again and say the same thing but lucy wont come out of the gym wth is going on is there anything i can do to fix this?! i notified wes and that ash i know there busy and they wont reply soon can someone please help me out here?
@ash and wes if you see this reply to my message asap please...
Old September 20th, 2012 (06:14 PM).
Critx
Is making Wi-Fi on Rom hacks

Very detailed Hack. WOW is all I can Say!

~Thanks for Reading Critx~
Old September 20th, 2012 (07:55 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Decided to train my Pokémon a bit in the forest and keep playing, at least for now. Noticed the Fire tip for the Gym, but I have a Pidove I plan to use periodically as Gust/Air Cutter (Flying type moves) are useful against Bugs. I should have this Gym euchred with Growlithe, Pidove, and Charmeleon.

While training, a rare Shroomish appeared (confirmed via AdvanceMap, 1% appearance rate in Inhore Woods, didn't check later Routes). Used the first Ultra Ball. Successively stronger ones appeared soon afterwards; I cursed my luck. Also had to run back to Central City when I realized Potions and Antodotes aren't available in Inhore City.

Cyclone

Old September 21st, 2012 (12:14 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Yeah I know thats an issue but why not on route 401??
Too early. =D I'm not that kind xD Route 401 ought to be the real test of your skills =D
Be grateful there's a healing script in the first city xD

Wrong word. Movement permissions.

See here for instance. I am facing one tile that cannot be walked upon. It's the lower left corner of a square of four tiles that cannot be trod through. I'm guessing it used to be a tree and was changed for final release.
Yeah, there are some of them from time to time, nothing gamebreaking so Snake decided to not care about it.

It's possible to go downstairs without actually accessing the stairs. Same goes for upstairs. This was in the university.
That's probably "intentional" because of new tiles.

Old September 21st, 2012 (11:06 PM).
alienhunterx

Too early. =D I'm not that kind xD Route 401 ought to be the real test of your skills =D
Be grateful there's a healing script in the first city xD

Yeah, there are some of them from time to time, nothing gamebreaking so Snake decided to not care about it.

That's probably "intentional" because of new tiles.
Yeah i am a bit grateful with that healing script. But to be honest i really didn't need it.. Maybe then on Maferny lake ... What you say?
Old September 22nd, 2012 (12:04 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Yeah i am a bit grateful with that healing script. But to be honest i really didn't need it.. Maybe then on Maferny lake ... What you say?
That's the same as adding it to Central City =)

Old September 22nd, 2012 (02:37 AM).
SSJboku
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, I can't find enigma berry....can someone tell me where it is ??
Old September 22nd, 2012 (01:00 PM). Edited September 22nd, 2012 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Well, completed the first Gym. Being a mapper, I took screenshots all the way through (and have of every area so far). About to embark on Route 404 with my Running Shoes, which I now know come from the guy who blocks the way (Mom? ). Here's a map of the first Gym.

Spoiler:

What I find interesting about this, and notable, are the beehives scattered about hanging on the trees. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I realized these honeypots trigger battles with Wild Combee (Lv.8-10 is the general range, I believe). Almost like a built-in way to train against one of the exact Pokémon held by the three junior trainers, and kinda cool actually. The thing that I find interesting is that each hive does not disappear after battles, like I would have expected. Could there have been fewer? Perhaps, but I still think it's a neat idea.

I also noticed you get a preview of the Leader's (Jessica) highest-level Pokémon, the Lv.22 Vespiquen, before you commence battle. Again, a bit different, and takes advantage of the big platforms that Gym Leaders usually stand on.

I had a nice team of birds, firemen, and the occasional lightning rod. Therefore, I was able to get through here in splendid fashion.

EDIT: Well, that euphoria didn't last long.

As you can see, first I'm hanging out at the top of the tree instead of walking behind it; quickest I've ever climbed a tree. If you try walking behind it, you go over the tiles instead of behind. The second shot next to the tree is related to the four grass patches in the top row next to it; going south, you walk on top of the first patch before going through it in the lower rows. Going north, you seem to still go through it at least going into the top row, or left/right in the row. Just a minor graphical glitch.

I'm also secretly wishing the Moomoo Milk house featured an NPC to rest your Pokémon since Gold is dead ahead on the path...but that's me.

Cyclone

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links