• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah All hail Venipede... Also if CycloneGU: is having so boring time can you fix that ball problem Ash493?
Boring isn't the word I would use. I just hate the thought of having to spend $1,200 on my Pokéballs until finishing the fourth Gym; by that point, it's impossible to weaken the weaker missed Pokémon without killing them. Later on, the Ultra Balls would be needed to catch legendaries and such, so not having regular balls available early in the game and having Ultra Balls available right away basically takes the formula and reverses it somewhat. I can't say I like the way it's reversed.

And I'm saying that even having two Ultra Balls in tow now.

The lack of regular Pokéballs really is the reason I have been hesitant to go forward further. I'd like to keep playing because the graphics are worthy of having maps made (I see them in AdvanceMap too, they cannot be taken from there and are best taken in-game) and my next map to make is in fact Inhore City.

Also, in the new city, I found a four square block on the very east end of the city that cannot be trod upon. That area prevents one from walking around a house next to the Pokémart. Those flags need to be fixed.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah All hail Venipede... Also if CycloneGU: is having so boring time can you fix that ball problem Ash493?
Well it's not a problem adding PokéBalls to Central City market or adding random NPC saying "Hey dude, need some balls?" (Okay... maybe... NOT O.O) but editing Central City's mart script is no big deal.

Those flags need to be fixed.
Flags?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Wrong word. Movement permissions.

e03s.png

See here for instance. I am facing one tile that cannot be walked upon. It's the lower left corner of a square of four tiles that cannot be trod through. I'm guessing it used to be a tree and was changed for final release.

Speaking of errors, found another I never reported:

e04j.png

It's possible to go downstairs without actually accessing the stairs. Same goes for upstairs. This was in the university.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2013
stuck in kosaka

im stuck in kosaka city i ran in to team steam in ledyn and they said they were going to kosaka i went to kosaka healed went to the gym lucy walked out and said she was going to take care of something i went to explore for her saw tree stumps couldnt pass saw those big boulders couldnt pass i went to that flamerty forest and to flamerny but i didnt do anything but talk to a few people than i found out i was suppose to go into sky tower but that guard wont move and anytime i go back to ledyn town team steam is there again and say the same thing but lucy wont come out of the gym wth is going on is there anything i can do to fix this?! i notified wes and that ash i know there busy and they wont reply soon can someone please help me out here?
@ash and wes if you see this reply to my message asap please...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Decided to train my Pokémon a bit in the forest and keep playing, at least for now. Noticed the Fire tip for the Gym, but I have a Pidove I plan to use periodically as Gust/Air Cutter (Flying type moves) are useful against Bugs. I should have this Gym euchred with Growlithe, Pidove, and Charmeleon.

While training, a rare Shroomish appeared (confirmed via AdvanceMap, 1% appearance rate in Inhore Woods, didn't check later Routes). Used the first Ultra Ball. Successively stronger ones appeared soon afterwards; I cursed my luck. Also had to run back to Central City when I realized Potions and Antodotes aren't available in Inhore City.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah I know thats an issue but why not on route 401??
Too early. =D I'm not that kind xD Route 401 ought to be the real test of your skills =D
Be grateful there's a healing script in the first city xD

Wrong word. Movement permissions.

e03s.png

See here for instance. I am facing one tile that cannot be walked upon. It's the lower left corner of a square of four tiles that cannot be trod through. I'm guessing it used to be a tree and was changed for final release.
Yeah, there are some of them from time to time, nothing gamebreaking so Snake decided to not care about it.

e04j.png

It's possible to go downstairs without actually accessing the stairs. Same goes for upstairs. This was in the university.
That's probably "intentional" because of new tiles.

Years
Too early. =D I'm not that kind xD Route 401 ought to be the real test of your skills =D
Be grateful there's a healing script in the first city xD

Yeah, there are some of them from time to time, nothing gamebreaking so Snake decided to not care about it.

That's probably "intentional" because of new tiles.
Yeah i am a bit grateful with that healing script. But to be honest i really didn't need it.. Maybe then on Maferny lake ... What you say?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, completed the first Gym. Being a mapper, I took screenshots all the way through (and have of every area so far). About to embark on Route 404 with my Running Shoes, which I now know come from the guy who blocks the way (Mom? ;) ). Here's a map of the first Gym.

Spoiler:

What I find interesting about this, and notable, are the beehives scattered about hanging on the trees. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I realized these honeypots trigger battles with Wild Combee (Lv.8-10 is the general range, I believe). Almost like a built-in way to train against one of the exact Pokémon held by the three junior trainers, and kinda cool actually. The thing that I find interesting is that each hive does not disappear after battles, like I would have expected. Could there have been fewer? Perhaps, but I still think it's a neat idea.

I also noticed you get a preview of the Leader's (Jessica) highest-level Pokémon, the Lv.22 Vespiquen, before you commence battle. Again, a bit different, and takes advantage of the big platforms that Gym Leaders usually stand on.

I had a nice team of birds, firemen, and the occasional lightning rod. Therefore, I was able to get through here in splendid fashion.

EDIT: Well, that euphoria didn't last long.

e05.png
e06.png

As you can see, first I'm hanging out at the top of the tree instead of walking behind it; quickest I've ever climbed a tree. If you try walking behind it, you go over the tiles instead of behind. The second shot next to the tree is related to the four grass patches in the top row next to it; going south, you walk on top of the first patch before going through it in the lower rows. Going north, you seem to still go through it at least going into the top row, or left/right in the row. Just a minor graphical glitch. :)

I'm also secretly wishing the Moomoo Milk house featured an NPC to rest your Pokémon since Gold is dead ahead on the path...but that's me. :)

Cyclone

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oooh. Decided to random-headbutt an NPC tree while wandering around back to Central City (for exercise :P ) and located a Scyther. That deserves an Ultra Ball, I'll say. However, the one in the golden beehive area of Inhore Woods does not work. You can't Cut the twig either.

EDIT: Ooh! Just came across the dual Snorlax on the bridge. Brilliant animating as well. Hate to point out that after the Honey Lady script goes through its process that the woman walks down the path and stalls somewhere on Route 405. She appears absent-minded and just says the same thing she said a moment earlier standing at the bridge, and doesn't seem in a hurry to get back to the city:

e07v.png

If you leave to Route 404 and return to this spot, she's gone, however, like she should be. Also, I haven't uploaded the image of what happens when you speak to the Miltank; it moos and runs around while the text is still on the screen. Wondering how the scripting allows them to run around there, something beyond my understanding at present I'm sure. I did pick up my Lv.10 Miltank, meanwhile...kind of bummed that we're going into Routes against Pokémon in the high teens and I have to hang around Inhore leveling up a cow. Joy. Wish we could produce our own milk from the thing once a day or something, but Nintendo never thought about that (probably for good reason).

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2015
Does anyone have a pre-patched english rom I can have? Every time I patch a ruby rom (yes its clean) I get a white screen, save type is 128k. \:

Edit: NVM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Does anyone have a pre-patched english rom I can have? Every time I patch a ruby rom (yes its clean) I get a white screen, save type is 128k. \:

Edit: NVM
I see the edit as I went to reply, but just to clarify, we can't share ROMs as I am sure you just figured out (hence the edit). We can try to help you with the white screen problem after you patch, however, as that's often an emulator issue, not a ROM issue. :)

Cyclone

Back