The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:11 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Howdy Ev'rypony~!

I don't know why the Log Out was moved under the User Options tab, but I don't like it being there.

So can the Log Out button be back to it's rightful place, or is it going to stay under the User Options tab forever and ever?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:13 AM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Yes, I agree. After spending the whole day here, I decided to log out and have a break but I couldn't find the 'Log Out' button until I found it at User Options.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:14 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Which theme are you using and where is "User Options"? For all the themes I remember using, the Log Out button has been on its own in the bar along the top of the forum.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:19 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
My default is Route 167 theme, though I did try other layouts before posting, yet the only theme I could remember was the Dawn of Champions, which also has the Log Out under the User Options tab.
(I tried different themes by clicking at random, hence why I couldn't remember their names) :\
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:24 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Oh, now I see it. While I don't usually log out and think it's a pretty minor issue I don't think it's great there, although the new Styles link is what replaced it I assume and the other things are important enough to keep in there. I guess something had to go so it was the Log Out button which was deemed to be least useful? It only happens on a few themes from what I've seen though and it's only one extra click though so not that huge a deal. But yes it's sort of odd where it is right now.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:24 AM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well, the default now has that. Also the 'Pawlicious' theme advertised below PC today.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:05 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
You could always just use private browsing for when you use PC. It will log you out once you close the window for it, or you can delete your cookies after you finish browsing PC.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:43 AM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
It won't be changing back. :/ I'm sorry. It's just one extra click.

All websites eventually go through changes. From an evolutionary perspective, things that don't change die. I'm curious how you would cope if PC were to update to the latest version of the forum software we use (vBulletin)? That whole link bar doesn't even exist in that version.

To make it short, I'm sorry you're not a fan but in the grand scheme of things this change is minor, and there will likely be much larger changes on the way as we work on modernizing and updating PC.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:03 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Chromatic 2.0 has it in it's original place, try using that.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

I don't know what happened to Chromatic 2.0, but I assume it was changed to get the style selector or something there. None the less, I'm editing the header now to reflect the changes to the rest of the styles and to include the styles link. Soooo, while it's like that for now, it won't be for long.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Of course, as is always the exception when it comes to these types of changes on PC, vBulletin Default still has it in the link bar, though I doubt most people who want the logout button in the link bar would want to use such a plain style.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Any styles that haven't been updated will be fixed soon enough. It isn't a choice that they're using the old links, it's just that they're customized and have to be edited manually.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links