The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
My biggest facepalm moment was when I found Entei and Raikou whilst surfing on Route 42. Seriously, whut da heyll?
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM
BiGoDeViN28
Psalm 141:3

Nature: Adamant
Anything with supersonic. Wild or tamed, the enemy Pokemon spams you with it until your Soul is broken and your team has withered into a remedial middle school english class.
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:13 PM
CriticalKYUC
Beginning Trainer

The fact that they feels so much slower than Gen 5. It's hard to go back and forth between them.

I personally think Ledian should be Bug/Fighting and Farfetch'd should be Flying/Fighting.
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:48 PM
EvilSkittles
Lord of the kitchen

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to EvilSkittles
That damn Minesweeper game in the Game Corner in HG. I wanted a Dratini so bad but that game just made me rage quit over and over. I eventually handed my game off to my older brother and he racked up the points in no time. Now I feel like I can't restart because I'll lose that Dratini.
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:31 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Catching Mespirt on Diamond the first time for me was my hardest catch ever. Everytime I was right on top of , it went somewhere else. It took me 75 Ultra Balls just to catch the darn thing.

So catching and chasing after all those roaming Pokemon is what made me scream cause there was so many of them.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
In Pearl: Mt. Coronet. I was like only 10 when I first went though it so it was pretty tough.

In Platinum: The Distortion World. I've had the game since early '11 and I barely beat it around March (not because of the Distortion World but because it got boring)

In HeartGold: SRing for a Giratina. It took about 80 soft resets and having to watch the movie 80 times to get the nature I wanted.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
In Pearl: Mt. Coronet. I was like only 10 when I first went though it so it was pretty tough.

In Platinum: The Distortion World. I've had the game since early '11 and I barely beat it around March (not because of the Distortion World but because it got boring)

In HeartGold: SRing for a Giratina. It took about 80 soft resets and having to watch the movie 80 times to get the nature I wanted.
Ah , I haven't bothered with natures since the time I soft resetted 100 times to get a Giratina with a nature I wanted. I still get lost in the Distorion World which is pretty sad D:.
. :p
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Anakin Linux
The village idiot
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
The fact that by force of habit i murderd latios. And in the beginning of the game the sentret managed to beat my whole team but when i caught one they where horrible. In SS*

Deviantart|Pair|Theme
Old September 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM
PikachuGuy
THOSE CHU'Z

Nature: Calm
The cheapo moves in the Battle Frontier really makes me rage...consecutive critical hits, OHKO moves NEVER missing, random quick-claws, etc etc...I can go on and on. Another thing is registering people's numbers in the Pokegear in HG/SS, if you never know before-hand, you are pretty much screwed, hope you enjoy getting phone calls every 2 seconds and hearing the same old bull..."Oh hi! My Geodude just defeated a Rattata! Isn't that great?!"
My Trade Review: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318949
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Eryes

Nature: Quiet
In my Platinum, I had been confused. I had a Pachirisu, or however you spell the electric squirrel name, and it took me a whole twenty minutes to figure out why the stupid thing was picking up random things. It was cute when I needed potions and things so I kept it when I could. It wasn't really as good as my Shinx with intimidate in it's abilities.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

HMs, hacked pokemon, some pokemon not getting attacks that they should have, and some pokemon having type combos/abilities that make no sense or should have been different; but that can apply to all generations though.

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:30 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Seafoam Islands, I always hate them :p The Whirl Islands too, and Bell Tower - they were both very confusing places! Also surprisingly I managed to get lost several times on the route to the new Johto Safari Zone, but that's probably because I insisted on trying to make the route shorter by surfing through it xD I can't think of any places in Sinnoh though, that was all pretty well laid out :3 I expect I got lost in Mt Coronet or Iron Island once or twice, but I can't remember it ever causing much trouble.
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
My biggest facepalm moment was when I found Entei and Raikou whilst surfing on Route 42. Seriously, whut da heyll?
Oh wow, this actually happens? I had no idea xD

I don't really remember having many face palm moments, but I guess the biggest would be not realising where you got Rock Smash in HG and having to back track for ages to find it :p I was also pretty derpy in Sinnoh when it came to trying to move the Psyduck, but I googled that and fixed the problem in no time xD
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Defog. I hate Defog. I never remembered that I needed it or never wanted to waste a space on my team to teach it to a Pokémon so I always braved the fog without it and that one route was horrible to navigate! it was impossible to see where you were going so I kept ending up going round in circles and facing countless Pokémon/trainers and wasting loads of heals as a result and it was just a horrid move to have to use ;;
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:22 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Mt Coronet. I got so lost in there the first time... also the Hms. Defog, really? Three water Hms, really? C'mon D/HG!

And lastly but most importantly...the beginning of Diamond. My God. Could I possibly be moving at a slower pace! And You have to walk for what feels like ages! And then you encounter a wild pokemon while walking and that whole animation is soooooo slow blargarbhargle! And even once you get the running shoes and then the bike, it STILL feels like you're going 1 mile per hour! Is this genetic? Was my father a garden snail, or a slugma, or a shellos or something of that sort, and my mother "accidentally" put salt on his food, leaving the last memory of him in my speed-hindering DNA?!?!? GAHHH! D:<

Okay. Rant over.
Old September 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I never actually screamed when I did it, but I found the Distortion World puzzle very hard to do, but eventually I figured it out on my own.

Old September 21st, 2012, 05:33 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I got both the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs in Mt. Coronet before beating Platinum. I talked to the elder in Celestic and went to Mt. Coronet, expecting Dialga or Palkia to appear randomly, but it turned out that Dialga had to be encountered first.

Old September 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I've never screamed but I've had some parts where I got really frustrated. Once I came across a shiny Skarmory in SS and I kept throwing Poke Balls at it for 20 min. I threw Great Balls, Poke Balls, Ultra Balls, etc but it broke out of every single one of them and it had 1hp left cuz of Scythers False Swipe. Then about 2 minutes later when I didn't have any Poke Balls left Raikou appeared. Oh I was so angry.
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Probably the fact that Togepi egg was in PokéMart in HG/SS and not in PC as in G/S/C.
Otherwise I don't have problems of this kind :D
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:04 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Coming back after a week onto Platinum, in the middle of Victory Road. I can't even explain how frustrated I became in a matter of seconds, attempting to navigate my way. Like going up a few rocky steps and then noticing a dead end >.

I also loathe Ice Puzzles. Candace's gym really had me. I spent a few hours sliding around, trying to smash those huge snowballs in the middle. Then my sister did it and then the problem was ended :D.

Ice Cave was a slippery, huge, confusing mess. Sliding here and there, all around. The waterfall HM I heard had been in the Ice Cave. So for the next hour I searched the whole entire cave, head to bottom. Then realising it was at the end of a slippery path, I headed back to retrieve it raging.

The only other moment has been trying to get to the Spear Pillar. I forgot to bring a Pokemon with Defog and got confused in the fog. Being a silly person back then, I didn't even have Repels. I made it out alive, but it was really close...
. :p
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:45 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
There were a fair few threads that fell under this category so I felt it would be most appropriate to merge the three into one, whole discussion about everyone's good, bad and ugly experiences.

Merged.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:50 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
I had the happy moment when I set my eyes on my first 4th gen shiny

I had the sad moment when I lost my 2nd 4th gen shiny

And finally I had the ugly moment when I got spammed by pokes in caves. I don't play for weeks sometimes because I get so frustrated.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:16 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I think a great moment for me was getting to the League in Platinum in the space of about 5 hours in total. I didn't have the most balanced team of course, but I was impressed with myself.

The bad would be when I got to the League in HeartGold but was very underlevelled, and I really wanted to have a balanced team through Kanto, so I wanted to have it balanced by the League. It's not the WORST situation in the world, but it's so very time consuming, when there's literally nobody to train against.

And the ugly... would be in my very first Pearl file, when I reached Cynthia. Jeez, she was a very high levelled Champion- I managed to get her down to her Roserade, when I myself had like.. my Torterra left. I used a Revive on my Staraptor, and figured I'd risk attacking without healing it further. For some stupid reason, Roserade out-sped my Staraptor, and got a critical hit with Energy Ball, which shouldn't have been very effective anyway. This was at a stage before I saved in the league, since I thought losing was the worst possible outcome. Now I figure if you lose that far into the League, at least you get and experience boost :/

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:51 AM
BiGoDeViN28
Psalm 141:3

Nature: Adamant
The Ice path never showed me any troubles. I never had to experience it as a child and trying to get through it, but in HGSS, I went through it no troubles. I even got most the items out of it.

As for frustrating, Morty's Gengar. Miltank is difficult but Gengar would OHKO my entire team with Shadow Ball. Biff (my Pidgeotto) was the only one who could survive the Shadow ball being immune to it. So, setting up a strategy and inching my way through his HP, I finally defeated him.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

White - Devin - 5458-6886-1446
Heart Gold - Gold - 3998-4088-8997
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:08 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGoDeViN28 View Post
The Ice path never showed me any troubles. I never had to experience it as a child and trying to get through it, but in HGSS, I went through it no troubles. I even got most the items out of it.

As for frustrating, Morty's Gengar. Miltank is difficult but Gengar would OHKO my entire team with Shadow Ball. Biff (my Pidgeotto) was the only one who could survive the Shadow ball being immune to it. So, setting up a strategy and inching my way through his HP, I finally defeated him.
I forgot about Morty's Gengar! That thing was a pain! Especially when it used Hypnosis + Dream Eater Combo! It'd take out my team like no tomorrow. Other than his Gengar the rest of his team proved to be particularly easy, although the support his Haunter gave his Gengar through Spite did prove to have a substantial impact when my most powerful move was dwindled down, and eventually wasted so I was left with the only option of chopping down his HP pixel by pixel.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links