Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old September 2nd, 2012 (08:45 AM).

On August 22nd I caught a Shiny Whismur. Well today I was re-battling the E4 and going through Victory Road where I caught a Shiny Aron. 5 MINUTES later i caught a Shiny Hariyama! What are the odds of 3 wild Shiny Pokemon in one game? NEVER going to re set this game again!
Old September 13th, 2012 (06:36 PM).

When I was like 5, I was playing leafgreen and I finally beat the elite four. I didn't even realise there was a champion. I didn't even save before each person of the elite four. Most of my Pokemon had fainted or were low on health. I walked into the next room thinking I had won and then I saw my rival, unprepared I lost the battle. I did beat him eventually though.
Old September 14th, 2012 (04:12 PM).

Nature: Calm
Ye old emerald update

Finnaly beat tate and liza because of a lucky critical hit.
Got Dive
Did all the boring Team Aqua stuff saving the world, nothing new
Beat Juan after I loaded the game instead of saving I cried.
Went on a diving expiditon for a green shard. Its about time for gloom to evolve.
Got mah green shard
Time to embark on a 2 hour search for the shard man's house
Traded the green shard for the leaf stone I now have a Vileplume
Currently in training for the E4!

Swellow
Blaziken
Vileplume
Azumarill
Gardevoir
Manectric

My soon-to-be Champions!
Old September 23rd, 2012 (03:36 AM). Edited September 27th, 2012 by Crackin355.
Scarlet Pirate

Nature: Careful
So, I traveled all the way back to Petalburg to visit my dad, but it was only for a short time because I ended up beating him in a battle. Although, he took out 3 of my Pokemon, 1 was already faint from other battles and one of the last two were my trump cards, Boidoh ended up winning before Caboose was needed.

Team:

GROVYLE [Whirlwind] Lv32 (M)
Bashful Nature @Soft Sand
-Leaf Blade
-Pursuit
-Dig
-Quick Attack

MIGHTYENA [Rocky] Lv31 (F)
Serious Nature @Silk Scarf
-Tackle
-Strength
-Swagger
-Bite

GARDEVOIR [Boidoh] Lv31 (M)
Adamant Nature @Quick Claw
-Calm Mind
-Confusion

-Shock Wave
-Psychic

HARIYAMA [Caboose] Lv31 (M)
Bashful Nature @Macho Brace
-Rock Tomb
-Fake Out
-Vital Throw
-Surf

MANECTRIC [Sissel] Lv31 (M)
Timid Nature @Pecha Berry
-Spark
-Thunder Wave

-Quick Attack
-Howl

SWABLU [JackSparow] Lv31 (M)
Careful Nature @Pecha Berry
-Peck
-Take Down
-Steel Wing
-Sing

Pokemon LeafGreen: So, I flew to Saffron City and took out all the goons in Silph Co. as well as defeating Giovanni easily with some super effective attacks. Then I beat the Fighting Dojo and then took out Sabrina. Alakazam only took 2 Pin Missile attacks and the rest were fairly easy.

Team:

CHARIZARD [Flame] Lv41 (M)
Mild Nature @None
-Steel Wing
-Mega Kick
-Flamethrower
-Fly

PRIMEAPE [Punch] Lv41 (F)
Mild Nature @None
-Strength
-Mega Punch

-Brick Break
-Cross Chop

SANDSLASH [Dust-Storm] Lv41 (F)
Docile Nature @None
-Slash
-Dig
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide

JOLTEON [Vee] Lv41 (M) 
Naive Nature @None
-Shock Wave
-Pin Missile
-Double Kick
-Quick Attack

DRAGONAIR [Draco] Lv40 (M)
Naughty Nature @None
-Surf
-Thunder Wave
-Secret Power
-Dragon Rage

LAPRAS [Laptop] Lv40 (F)
Docile Nature @Quick Claw
-Psychic
-Body Slam
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Team Summary (Better One in Signature)
Spoiler:
Pokemon LeafGreen
Pokemon SoulSilver
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon White

Johto - Fog Badge - 01/06/15

----------------------------------------------------------
[Current Monotype Challenge]

Kanto 8/8, Johto 4/16, Hoenn 0/8, Sinnoh 0/8, Unova 0/8, Unova2 0/8, Kalos 0/8
Old October 16th, 2012 (10:22 AM).
Likes Ruby version

Nature: Relaxed
Just a few days ago, I came upon not one, not 2, not even 3, more than 3 trainers while exploring the vast seas of hoenn atop my Blastoise. I thought I had battled every trainer, but no! The sea is the gateway to countless battles with trainers and pokemon! I also revisited some underwater locations and explored to try and find more places that I still haven't been to. And to my surprise, I still find locations that I haven't seen before.
Old November 16th, 2012 (03:59 AM).
GYM LEADER

playing Fire Red and making it through the elite four WITHOUT using a single potion or revive or...anything really.

By the time I reached the champ, Only my Pikachu remained alive (barely lol) and it took one hit and I was KO'ed lol, still, I made it pretty far...not bad if I do say so myself
Old December 4th, 2012 (09:53 AM).

when i was like 8 i found a shiny whismur in emerald, but i didn't know about shinies then so i switched off, thinking there was something wrong with my game. still my only shiny to date >_<
Old December 20th, 2012 (08:15 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Just started a new game LeafGreen on my PSP.
Picked as starter Bulbasaur.
Futher nothing done... :D

EDIT: Now I gonna train some pokemon before challenging Brock...

Old December 23rd, 2012 (04:14 AM).

Nature: Quiet
So, I'm now in Cerulean City, at Misty's Gym...
First getting ready for that battle

Old December 23rd, 2012 (04:52 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

I decided I wanted to restart on Emerald since it had gone untouched for months so that's what I did!

Started a new game, chose Torchic, battled May etc and saved just before reaching Petalburg City.

Team

Mitch the Torchic Lv. 9

- Scrath
- Growl
- Focus Energy
Old December 24th, 2012 (12:06 AM).

Nature: Mild
I've never gone a single run of Ruby without catching a Ralts to be on my team.

Sentimental reasons, but yes, Gardevoir is still one heck of a Pokemon.
Old January 7th, 2013 (11:18 AM).

Well, I finished my Pokemon Emerald so right now I'm hunting legendaries xD. So...yeah...

The Underground | Pairs <3 | The Region of Dúlra * | "I object! That was...objectionable!" | OBJECTION!
Old January 19th, 2013 (06:57 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

Trainer Information

ID: 12300
OT: Lisa
Started: Jan. 13
Game Time: 3:27
Badges: 2
Pokedex: 9
Party Members

Sammi the Grovyle
Jolly | Female | Level 19

Mac the Taillow
Naughty | Male | Level 19

Janna the Beautifly
Bold | Female | Level 10

Griffy the Aron
Hardy | Female | Level 11

Gonzo the Electrike
Modest | Male | Level 13
Journal Entry

I started a new game since I really missed Emerald... I'm also playing this on my new tablet so nyeh! I picked Treecko as my starter, which was a female. It's funny, I started with a female Treecko in Sapphire many years ago!

On Route 104, I captured a female Marill. I didn't decide on a nickname, so I deposited it for now. I easily made my way through Petalburg Woods. I battled Roxanne as soon as I could. Treecko made this battle very trivial in terms of difficulty. She evolved into Grovyle after this match.

I backtracked through the early routes until I captured a Taillow and a Wurmple. Luckily, Wurmple evolved into Beautifly on my first try. Taillow mauled Brawly with Wing Attack. Also, while wandering around the Dewford cave, I managed to pick up a cute Aron.

I'm in Slateport now, where I just kicked the Team Aqua grunts out of the museum. I headed north and caught an Electrike. I chucked several Pokeballs before capturing this lil tramp. I'm glad he has a Modest nature. I needed to introduce a second boy on my team of all-stars :3 cough named after PC members. Thank you Mia darling for the bulk of the CSS. I need to capture you and you shall be my squishy Pokemon pet, yush. Until next time...

Old January 19th, 2013 (07:08 PM).
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Currently in Slateport -> Mauville (Trick Master House)

Current team looks like this:
Blaziken - 36
Gyarados - 22
Swellow - 24
Nincada (Flash and Cut only...) - 6

Yea, team is incomplete =/
Old January 28th, 2013 (07:41 PM). Edited February 2nd, 2013 by Zerrah..
Mauling with Ursaring

OT: Kirito
ID: 35966
Badges: 1
Pokedex: 9

So I decided to do a quick playthrough of Emerald in order to get all the necessary Gen III Pokemon I was missing from my Pokedex in Black. So, I chose the male protagonist because I do not like May's character sprite. I named myself Kirito after my new favorite anime, any guesses? I chose Torchic because I really want to use some cool water Pokemon this time besides Mudkip (even though I really like Mudkip ). And so far I am searching for Steven to deliver a letter and level grind for the gym battle with Brawly. Ta-ta for now!

Torchic
Level 12 | Bashful | Female
Scratch | Growl | Focus Energy | Ember

Muffins the Poochyena
Level 12 | Gentle | Female
Tackle | Howl | Sand-Attack

Priscilla the Ralts
Level 12 | Quiet | Female
Growl | Confusion | Double Team

Jocelyn the Taillow
Level 11 | Quirky | Female
Peck | Growl | Focus Energy | Quick Attack

Jonin the Nincada
Level 11 | Gentle | Female
Scratch | Harden | Leech Life | Sand-Attack

Dishes the Lotad
Level 12 | Rash | Male
Astonish | Growl | Absorb

And a special thanks to TwilightBlade for helping with the code.

EDIT: Update #2!

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 14

Ugh. Why so down, you may ask? Well let me tell you... While I was enjoying my little grind-fest trying to prepare my team for the Dewford Gym, I happened upon a Shiny Magikarp. Well, my Nincada, Jonin, was in the lead, so he stood guard while I chucked a few Pokeballs at it, while I unsuccessfully attempted to catch it. While my supplies withered to the level 6 Magikarp, I decided maybe it would be a good idea to weaken it before I attempted with another ball. Nincada reached it's little talon/claw-thing and gave it a good Scratch, but obviously she was trained well because she critical-hitted the thing and it fainted before my eyes. Oh the pain. But alas, the training must go on! In better news, Torchic evolved! And I caught a Sableye and nicknamed her Fuscia. Yay!

Combusken
Level 16 | Bashful | Female
Double Kick | Growl | Peck | Ember

Fuscia the Sableye
Level 10 | Quiet | Female
Leer | Scratch | Foresight | Night Shade

Priscilla the Ralts
Level 13 | Quiet | Female
Growl | Confusion | Double Team

Jocelyn the Taillow
Level 15 | Quirky | Female
Peck | Growl | Wing Attack | Quick Attack

Jonin the Nincada
Level 12 | Gentle | Female
Scratch | Harden | Leech Life | Sand-Attack

Dishes the Lotad
Level 12 | Rash | Male
Astonish | Growl | Absorb

EDIT: Update #3 - Will no one play these games besides me?! D:

Badges: 2
Pokedex: 20

Alright, so since my last update I defeated Brawly, who was very easy granted I had a Psychic and a Flying type (not to mention a Fighting type with Peck), and I received my second badge! Afterwards I had the old man sail me to Slateport where I delivered the Goods to the Captain. Two of Team Aqua's lackeys tried to teach me a lesson, but when I swept their teams, there boss Archie came running to find out what the fuss was all about. Then I sailed back to Rustboro, where I received the Exp. Share for my endeavor. Sailing back to Slateport, I left North of town and caught a Female Elektrike. After nicknaming her Lucy, I added her to my team and handed her the Exp. Share, since she wouldn't be learning any decent moves for another 6-8 levels. I eventually leveled up Jonin to 20, resulting in two new Pokemon on my team: Ninjask and it's husk, Shediinja. After researching what I wanted my final team to be, I decided that I really wasn't going to be using Shedinja anyway, since his 1HP would probably screw me over at some point.

So, after boxing the bugs, I was going to focus on raising the others (besides Jocelyn and Dishes) for Mauville's Gym Leader: Wattson. Since I don't have any Ground-types on my team, and I really don't want to train Geodude (Oh god I hate that evolution chain), I decided I was just going to win this battle by brute strength. So now that I've taken out every trainer in every direction of Mauville, I was going to slowly level grind each Pokemon to level 25 before attempting this badge.

Oh, and I realized I still hadn't nicknamed Combusken. So, without further ado, let me introduce to you: Atsila! (Which is Cherokee for fire, because I couldn't find the word for chicken XD)

Atsila the Combusken
Level 21 | Bashful | Female
Double Kick | Growl | Peck | Ember

Fuscia the Sableye
Level 21 | Quiet | Female
Fury Swipes | Scratch | Fake Out | Night Shade

Priscilla the Kirlia
Level 21 | Quiet | Female
Calm Mind | Confusion | Double Team | Teleport

Jocelyn the Taillow
Level 20 | Quirky | Female
Double Team | Growl | Wing Attack | Quick Attack

Lucy the Elektrike
Level 20 | Rash | Female
Spark | Thunder Wave | Quick Attack | Howl

Dishes the Lombre
Level 20 | Rash | Male
Fake Out | Growl | Absorb | Nature Power

Friend Safari and DW Pokemon - A Gen VI Trade Thread

3DS Friend Code:
3754 7177 6489
Brittany
Old February 15th, 2013 (01:06 AM).
Burst Linker

Nature: Adamant
Hi Zerrah, you are not the only one playing these games~

I've just started Ruby after I managed to procure myself a GBA SP but will be playing it alongside White 2 :3

I've only just gotten my starter after saying Prof Birch from the deadly clutches of Poochyena.

Name: Haruto
Pokémon: Torchic
Old February 20th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
Ahaha oh man I forgot about this thread. I started playing Emerald again yesterday even though I've played it like 26 times or whatever so Imma crosspost what I put on tumblr at like three this morning except with better formatting and possibly less swearing because I have ~standards~ for what I put on PC.

It’s been three hours since I fell out of the back of a moving van and into the Hoenn region. Many things have happened in those three hours: I moved into a new house; I got a clock; I found someone had hacked my PC and put a Potion in it; I met a ditzy hot professor, his ditzy wife, their hot but mildly sexist son and their small child of indeterminate gender. I also met some homeless people. I received a male Torchic from the hot prof in return for saving him from a baby Zigzagoon. I named my Torchic Turlough and trained him as we walked through Oldale to find the mildly sexist son. Turlough wiped the floor with the sexist son’s Mudkip,so the boy and his dad gave me some balls and a Pokédex.

My mother then dug my only pair of shoes out of a box and sent me off on an adventure with no food or supplies. Should have expected that from the woman who locked me in the dark with furniture and no safe seating for the entire ferry journey and drive over. I didn't even have time to use my new room. Or enjoy my clock.

I caught a Zigzagoon named Nyssa on the way to Petalburg. I was going to just stop at the Petalburg PokéCentre but somebody trying to promote tourism or some crap made me go see Dad. He rambled a bit and midway through his boring-ass leader lecture he was interrupted by this weak-looking kid called Wally who apparently was sneaking behind his mollycoddling parents’ backs to get a Pokémon before the simpering halfwits shipped him off to Verdanturf. you go, kiddo.

Dad made me help him go catch a 'mon but really I just stood back and watched Wally do the work. Kid’s a natural, in my professional opinion. Also I'm lazy. He ended up with a Ralts, thanked Dad and I profusely for doing absolutely nothing, then left for Verdanturf. Good luck to him, I say. Dad finally finished his leader lecture and told me to bugger off. Fine by me.

I wandered around and had a philosophy session with a dude by the big lake. Then I tried to leave Petalburg again but this time got stopped by some dude in stupid-looking shades who basically told me I wasn't worth his time because I didn't have any potential. Gonna kick his ass when I find him next, you wait.

Caught me a Marill named Jamie and a Shroomish named Ace, then met some dude wandering dazed in the forest looking for a Shroomish. I bet I know why he was looking for one, what with the nervousness and paranoia. Although that might have been partially for other reasons, seeing as how he was jumped by a dude in some flash trousers. Being a useless Devon desk worker, he immediately shoved me into the fray and I beat the mugger’s ass. Apparently he’s part of a team, but if they’re all as crap as him there’s nothing to worry about. The Devon wimp gave me some ball as a thank-you and then scurried off.

Met a dude at the north end of the forest who proclaimed loudly that he likes to spit seed. Some people really need a filter. Some pretty girls running a flower shop gave me free stuff, which is always nice. And then I dragged my battered body into Rustboro and collapsed in front of the Centre, where some nice women picked me up and put me in a hotel-looking room. Apparently collapsing youth are not an unusual occurrence in these parts.

I think complete collapse from exhaustion after running almost constantly counts as a successful day, yes?

[this is what happens at 3am and what may or may not continue happening for this run of the game xoxox]
Old February 20th, 2013 (04:22 PM).

Nature: Lax
Just started seriously playing Emerald a few days ago cause I got a GBA SP.

-Beat the first gym
-mad my way to dewford town
-am now training for the gym
-I am also searching for a magicarp to evolve into a Gyrados.

Here is my team

Geoff the Grovyle lvl. 16

Dino the Shroomish lvl. 13

Tweety the Tailow lvl. 14

Loudmouth the Whimsur lvl. 15

Rocky the Makuhita lvl. 11
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old February 23rd, 2013 (08:24 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid

Trainer Allison
Emerald

Shinell ♀ lv. 24 @ Silk Scarf
Blaze | Serious
[ Ember, Double Kick, Scratch, Peck ]

Lucia ♀ lv. 23 @ Miracle Seed
Swarm | Lonely
[ Tackle, Absorb, Morning Sun, Gust ]

Nicholas ♂ lv. 23
Lightningrod | Relaxed
[ Spark, Quick Attack, Howl, Thunder Wave ]

Sora | Norton | Aqua

Today, I grinded Lucia and Shinell up to level 20 in Granite Cave then took out Brawly's gym with no trouble at all. We went to Slateport and beat some more trainers and then ran Team Aqua out of the oceanic museum. After that, we caught our third party member Nicholas the Electrike. We grinding him up a bit, beat some trainers, and got through the first Trick House puzzle. We taught Brendan a lesson in how strong we were, and progressed upward towards Mauville!

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old February 24th, 2013 (11:53 AM).
Mauling with Ursaring

Badges: 5
Pokedex: 33
Wow, it's been a while. I really don't remember most of what happened since my last post, all I know is I'm currently saved in front of Winona waiting to earn my sixth badge. Oh, I do remember that I was going to attempt to catch a Feebas for this run, and when I realized how much of a hassle it would be to evolve it, I decided against it. But, I will say that my team has changed quite a bit.

Atsila the Combusken
Level 30 | Bashful | Female
Double Kick | Bulk Up | Peck | Ember

Fuscia the Sableye
Level 31 | Quiet | Female
Faint Attack | Scratch | Fake Out | Night Shade

Priscilla the Gardevoir
Level 31 | Quiet | Female
Calm Mind | Confusion | Double Team | Psychic

Goggles the Trapinch
Level 30 | Rash | Female
Bite | Sand Attack | Faint Attack | Sand Tomb

Lucy the Elektrike
Level 31 | Rash | Female
Shock Wave | Thunder Wave | Quick Attack | Howl

Dishes the Lombre
Level 20 | Rash | Male
Fake Out | Growl | Absorb | Nature Power

Friend Safari and DW Pokemon - A Gen VI Trade Thread

3DS Friend Code:
3754 7177 6489
Brittany
Old March 3rd, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Just recently, I decided to continue my long-neglected Emerald file because I really need to fill up my White 2 Pokedex. In this file, I started with Selda, a female Mudkip, and I didn't catch any other Pokemon until I hit Route 116, where I caught Lola the Skitty.

Currently, I am using my new Mach Bike in order to hatch Shroomish eggs. Since Shroomish doesn't learn Spore until Level 54, I figured it would be a better idea to breed one with the attack rather than wait until Level 54 to get a Breloom. XD

Trainer name: Elke (female)

Current Party:

Selda the Marshtomp (Adamant female, Level 25)

Lola the Skitty (Jolly female, Level 21 - due to the five Shroomish eggs in my party, she's boxed for now)

Old March 5th, 2013 (10:56 AM).

Nature: Naughty
Just started playing pokemon again for the first time in a long while and I've been playing through Sapphire Emerald Crystal and blue again.
On my emerald I'm only just at Watson with
and which is a kinda tough battle atm I need more pokemon.
and on my sapphire I'm at the aqua base before the twin gym leader battle and I really like the team I've been using.

Gpx:

Old March 5th, 2013 (07:23 PM).

the only game I've ever actually beaten was leaf-green and black... I'm not proud of it but that's just how it is although I'm doing an ultimate solo run, so I'm gonna play them all
Old March 8th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
So I've stopped putzing around because I need to get a Tropius for a challenge and now I have about a day to get surf which means I need to get moving. So I beat Roxanne, filled in the rest of my party slots, met Steven, and beat Brawly. Party looks like this:
  1. Turlough. Combusken lv 17. Blaze|Mild; Scratch|Peck|Double Kick|Ember
  2. Nyssa. Zigzagoon lv 17. Pickup|Lonely; Tackle|Cut|Sand-Attack|Headbutt
  3. Jamie. Marill lv 16. Thick Fat|Calm; Tackle|Rollout|Tail Whip|Water Gun
  4. Ace. Shroomish lv 16. Effect Spore|Adamant; Mega Drain|Tackle|Stun Spore|Leech Seed
  5. Steven. Taillow lv 16. Guts|Calm; Peck|Growl|Wing Attack|Quick Attack
  6. Koschei. Sableye lv 16. Keen Eye|Jolly; Astonish|Scratch|Foresight|Night Shade

and yeah I know Koschei isn't technically a Classic Who companion but just try to tell me that's not perfect.

Off to Slateport~
Old March 12th, 2013 (05:00 PM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by Pothus.
The Necromancer

Nature: Lax
Beat the Elite Four (Barely) in FireRed last week. With this team:

Venusaur → Level 50
Kangaskhan → Level 52
Kabutops → Level 56
Raichu → Level 49
Poliwrath → Level 49
Pidgeot → Level 49

Planning on playing them again after I get the "after-Elite-Four-stuff" done. Traded with my friend a bit the other day also. So here's my team as of now:

Gengar → Level 31
Pupitar → Level 32
Bagon → Level 35
Slakoth → Level 14
Aron → Level 16
Trapinch → Level 21

• » Twitter « • »YouTube « •
• » Welcome Post « • » Platinum Moon « •
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)