The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

Advertise here
I like him, but it's the anime version I that find hilarious. If it weren't for Cheren and Silver, he'd be my favorite rival.

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
If he were a cop I'd be screwed ;_;... I liked Barry, but he would fine me 10 million bucks for walking... Which was actually pretty hilarious though. He had a pretty cool personality. I didn't even know Barry's father was Palmer until like late-game. Palmer is pretty peppy as well, so there is somewhat resemblance.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:37 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
If he were a cop I'd be screwed ;_;... I liked Barry, but he would fine me 10 million bucks for walking... Which was actually pretty hilarious though. He had a pretty cool personality. I didn't even know Barry's father was Palmer until like late-game. Palmer is pretty peppy as well, so there is somewhat resemblance.
I agree. I think his personality is quite funny at the beginning but after awhile his unecessary chatter just gets really tedious and frustratiing.
Old September 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
I rather prefer rivals who aren't your friend, like Blue and Silver. It feels much more like you're actually competing with someone. I like hearing, "He's been your rival since you were kids," more than, "This is your friend." You don't get to tell me who my friends are! Plus Silver was an anti-hero, which automatically makes him the most interesting rival of all the games.
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:53 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I really liked Barry, I thought he was a great addition to the games :D It was so funny how he randomly ran into you and his team was a lot of fun to fight! Plus one of my favourite things of all was the utterly epic double battle with him on Mt Coronet, I loved that bit so much it's unbelievable. I think he was an amazing part of the story and it definitely couldn't have worked without him, plus his design is kinda cute!
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I really liked Barry, I thought he was a great addition to the games :D It was so funny how he randomly ran into you and his team was a lot of fun to fight! Plus one of my favourite things of all was the utterly epic double battle with him on Mt Coronet, I loved that bit so much it's unbelievable. I think he was an amazing part of the story and it definitely couldn't have worked without him, plus his design is kinda cute!
Ooo, yes! I forgot about the double battle with him on Mt Coronet. I loved that moment, it was epic! I lost quite a few times though when I first played the game, and even now, some of my pokemon are a tad underleveled when I face the two commanders, that I lose. But yes, I think that would have to be my favourite moment of him, no fining if I can remember correctly, no exaggerations etc. It definitely beat the battle with Dawn at Veilstone City, haha.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Barry is my favourite rival,hands down. Everything about him I adore,his impatient and hilarious personality is adorable. I love how he stands up for you at Mt. Coronet showing he can be a true friend.

What I always found hilarious was everytime he'd said he would find you 10 million dollars if you didn't show up at such and such place. When I was younger,I'd try to make Lucas walk quickly as possible,believing his fine was real xD.

In general,Barry is definitely my favourite rival and always will be!
. :p
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I think he's hilarious - I love how frantic he is and the way he says he's going to charge you (insane amounts of money) if you're late xD Plus, all of my favourite colours are included in his design :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here