The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old September 1st, 2012 (11:19 PM).
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight

I'd like to point out two errors with the shadow of this house.

What's circled in red means the shadow there is missing completely...
What's circled in yellow means the shadow should be somewhat lowered, just like the roof of the house gets lower and the smaller part of the house itself goes slightly more to the north.
__________________
  #27    
Old September 2nd, 2012 (07:25 AM).
Turbo_Dee's Avatar
Turbo_Dee
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dundee
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
This really does look promising, I particularly like the new concepts you're hoping to integrate. I'll be keeping my eye on this!
  #28    
Old September 6th, 2012 (12:10 PM).
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Flyy View Post
Damn, 11 Screenshots, you could make another damn showcase thread with that

Joking aside, it at all looks awesome, I love the sand effect in the desert, through some Ruin Maniacs in there though.
Thanks. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
"This is how you Pokemon"

Other than that this game looks lovely, great job so far man. If you need any miscellaneous pixel art let me know, I'd be happy to help.
Not sure if you're pointing it out like a mistake or something but I put that there on purpose.
Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Looking good! I think this will make a great game to play when it's done. Loving the CSS by the way.
Thanks. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
Looks wonderful. Will there be any gen 5 pokemon? I would love for a jellicent to be in the game!
There are a few Gen 5 Pokémon. I'll upload the dex soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichuichu View Post
AHHHH yeaaahhh! look great!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
I am laughing way too hard, I can't believe you included that in, haha. That's fantastic.
Thank you, Sullivan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMonkey View Post
any new updates for this game soon????
Scroll down a bit. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorthreat0987 View Post
This game looks awesome! I am really excited to see more of it. The tiles are really great and give the game a very unique and awesome feel, and I think the choice of starter is going to make for a really unique and awesome game play.


ps. I am really glad to see you are still around and making games Cilerba...
Thanks. Yeah, it was just something I couldn't get away from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post

I'd like to point out two errors with the shadow of this house.

What's circled in red means the shadow there is missing completely...
What's circled in yellow means the shadow should be somewhat lowered, just like the roof of the house gets lower and the smaller part of the house itself goes slightly more to the north.
Yeah, I know about that it's just something I never felt like fixing. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Dee View Post
This really does look promising, I particularly like the new concepts you're hoping to integrate. I'll be keeping my eye on this!
Yay thanks!

Okay little update. I've been working on Amber Town (town right after the desert route in the last update) so it's all I have for now. School just started for me so updates will be even slower. (sorry!) I just want to post a few screens of Amber Town for now.

__________________

| relic castle - coming soon |
  #29    
Old September 6th, 2012 (12:40 PM).
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
A desert town.
I'm liking it. In fact loving it. Good job!
__________________
gone.
  #30    
Old September 24th, 2012 (09:17 AM).
Atomic Reactor's Avatar
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minnesota
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Well Maxironi, you've got the dankest, dopest, gem around. I'm digging this mad ammo godzilla graphic style, it's quite pleasent on my iris's. I also enjoy the comedic lines in the trainer school. I will now be paying attention to this thread since my settings make it so posting somewhere makes me subscribe to it. I hope you stick to this project for a good while, it's like sooper dope. :3
__________________
  #31    
Old September 24th, 2012 (09:51 AM).
Annay's Avatar
Annay
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Database of PC
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Annay
The tiles seem unique, it adds more beauty to your game.
But .. I want to see some event in your game O3O
__________________


The sage never says everything he thinks, but always thinks everything he says.Aristotle
Sorry for the difficulty of the words...

  #32    
Old October 23rd, 2012 (06:15 PM).
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annay View Post
The tiles seem unique, it adds more beauty to your game.
But .. I want to see some event in your game O3O
sort of Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Well Maxironi, you've got the dankest, dopest, gem around. I'm digging this mad ammo godzilla graphic style, it's quite pleasent on my iris's. I also enjoy the comedic lines in the trainer school. I will now be paying attention to this thread since my settings make it so posting somewhere makes me subscribe to it. I hope you stick to this project for a good while, it's like sooper dope. :3
Comedic lines shall be scattered across the game! :D
Thanks, I'm glad you like it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
A desert town.
I'm liking it. In fact loving it. Good job!
woo yay thanks!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't even opened Auburn since that last update. Fooled around with some events and oh no here it is:



The letters are still a work in progress but for the most part it works. Important letters will be put into your bag as items.
__________________

| relic castle - coming soon |
  #33    
Old October 24th, 2012 (07:53 PM).
Dying Light's Avatar
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Somewhere cold...
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Cilerba, this game looks amazing. I love the graphics, and your story is so deep and full of life. Also, the quests system sounds nice, and keeps the player coming back for more.

Superb work, if I do say so myself!
__________________
None

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
  #34    
Old October 27th, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
Cilerba, this game looks amazing. I love the graphics, and your story is so deep and full of life. Also, the quests system sounds nice, and keeps the player coming back for more.

Superb work, if I do say so myself!
Thanks!

Happy Halloween! :D
__________________

| relic castle - coming soon |
  #35    
Old October 27th, 2012 (07:47 AM).
Riansky's Avatar
Riansky
Purr
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Slovenia
Gender: Male
This is looking really great! Is the map distortion thing programed? Looks amazing! Can't wait for more updates!
__________________
  #36    
Old October 28th, 2012 (10:50 AM).
Skyy's Avatar
Skyy
Just Sky ( :
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: wherever the sun shines
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Yay finally found this thread. Thank you for giving me the link to it. This game looks amazing. Everything is beautiful about it ( :
I would love to use a Vulpix. Never used one before.
Can't wait to see more updates. Keep up the fantastic work.
__________________

  #37    
Old November 7th, 2012 (11:49 AM).
BlorkGlork's Avatar
BlorkGlork
Better Starter. Better Game.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
This could be a top contender vs Phoenix Rising, Garnet, And Blue Chrome. If there is time put into the game. Keep At It
__________________



Eevee
  #38    
Old November 7th, 2012 (08:03 PM).
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riansky View Post
This is looking really great! Is the map distortion thing programed? Looks amazing! Can't wait for more updates!
That was just a little thing I did for halloween. Not in the actual game. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Yay finally found this thread. Thank you for giving me the link to it. This game looks amazing. Everything is beautiful about it ( :
I would love to use a Vulpix. Never used one before.
Can't wait to see more updates. Keep up the fantastic work.
Thanks thanks thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlorkGlork View Post
This could be a top contender vs Phoenix Rising, Garnet, And Blue Chrome. If there is time put into the game. Keep At It
Thank you.

Screenshot of the week! (That's now temporarily a thing)



What is this?
Rather than having 3 starters, I'm going to have several "starter packs" that you can choose from. (Kanto pack, Johto pack, etc.)
Atomic Reactor, the developer of the amazing fan game Pokémon Obsidian, let me use his starter in the Obsidian Starter Pack! I'll probably reveal the starter packs later on in another update.
__________________

| relic castle - coming soon |
  #39    
Old November 7th, 2012 (08:40 PM).
Logiedan's Avatar
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fountain of dreams
Age: 1
Gender: Male
Oh man, these starter packs are great and they are a great idea. Reminds me so much of the Digimon DS games.
__________________
pair: Sheep
【=◈︿◈=】
  #40    
Old November 8th, 2012 (12:27 PM).
BlorkGlork's Avatar
BlorkGlork
Better Starter. Better Game.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Just Curios what is the progress of this game?
__________________



Eevee
  #41    
Old December 17th, 2012 (06:53 PM).
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Fear not! I am not dead... just unmotivated I guess.

I honestly have not done much ever since that last 'update'. Then I got to some thinking (oh no max why were you thinking). Would you guys prefer a lack of updates with the current style of graphics, or FRLG style graphics (don't worry it won't be totally default. I'll throw in some beauty) with updates more often and maybe actually a demo (not promising anything but I'm sure it will come sooner than a Gen 4 graphics demo would)
__________________

| relic castle - coming soon |
  #42    
Old December 17th, 2012 (08:34 PM).
Cykes's Avatar
Cykes
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada, BC
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post
Fear not! I am not dead... just unmotivated I guess.

I honestly have not done much ever since that last 'update'. Then I got to some thinking (oh no max why were you thinking). Would you guys prefer a lack of updates with the current style of graphics, or FRLG style graphics (don't worry it won't be totally default. I'll throw in some beauty) with updates more often and maybe actually a demo (not promising anything but I'm sure it will come sooner than a Gen 4 graphics demo would)
Maaacks. Go with generation three. Do not stay with four if you believe the project will benefit from three and you're more comfortable with it. This is your game, not anyone else's. I've seen what you can do with the third generation, and without a question you'll be able to make a beautiful game.

And let's be very honest here...the entire concept of a game being restricted by 'generation' is kind of really dumb. (Unless you're actually dealing with generation two or something).
__________________
I have a Twitter but that's about it, really.
  #43    
Old December 17th, 2012 (10:41 PM).
doneinGrey's Avatar
doneinGrey
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazil :D
Age: 19
Gender: Male
In my opinion, what makes your game one of the bests is its graphic, man. Don't worry about the lack of updates - if you keep doing it, then it's okay :p
And pleease, avoid the Fakes (and if possible, the 5th Gen Pokemon. They suck. Seriously).
Anyway, good luck, greetings from Brazil
  #44    
Old December 17th, 2012 (11:57 PM).
yusolaifdfer's Avatar
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
This game looks beautiful !! Awesome mapping.
  #45    
Old December 23rd, 2012 (02:18 PM).
Banette`'s Avatar
Banette`
[ The Vengeful Doll ]
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
The game looks gorgeous so far. I really hope you finish/continue to work on it, would LOVE to be able to play. <3
Gonna keep checking for updates, so I pray they come.

__________________






  #46    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (07:30 PM).
Owlylove
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Hey! I really would like to play this, how do I download it? Sorry, I am new.. I tried finding where on here to try it but for some reason I could not. Sorry if this is a dumb question and sorry if I am being a hassle lol. It looks really awesome!
  #47    
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:20 AM).
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for more than 2 months. It's in the rules.

Closed.
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.