• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth was once again disturbed when he heard Tristen leaving. Apparently, her Skarmory had something urgent to show her. Seth didn't mind, he had noticed that she was a bit uncomfortable from the moment he had gotten there.

Standing up, Seth decided to begin walking. Since he couldn't really leave the clearing without arousing suspicion, he resorted to walking the perimeter. Teal soon joined him, matching his quick stride.

"I thought as much. She isn't exactly fond of you."

"You don't have to tell me twice. Do you have a plan for climbing the mountain?"

"Well, I think I'll zigzag up the steeper incline, but other than that, I'll just be trying to maintain a steady pace."

"Cool. I think I might do the same."

"I ran cross-country in high school. I have had training with this sort of running."

"I see, well then, I guess I'll need another strategy... Any ideas?"

"I'm not you, I wouldn't know what your strengths and weaknesses are while running."

"You can find out! Can't you enter my mind while I'm running? That would work, right?"

"Um, we can try."

"Okay!" said Teal, who went tearing off across the field. As he was running, Seth melded his mind into Teal's, and immediately was worried by his breathing.

First of all, your breathing is erratic. Try to measure your breaths by your stride. Try breathing out every other step, and slowly breath in the rest of the time. Other than that, you are an aggressive runner. Try to slow yourself down near the begining, and build up speed as you go. And never, NEVER run without stretching. You WILL hurt yourself. That is it. Seth mentally told Teal, watching as he adjusted the problems running back to Seth's position.

"Well, that was fun..." an out-of-breath Teal told Seth.

"Agreed, now, shall we get this show on the road?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark Willson- Academy Halls (Yeah finally doing this thing)

Mark continued to follow the source of the sound. He could hear alot of stuff being destroyed and it felt like the ground was shaking as he got closer. It sounded like it was coming from the Academy halls. There was no way this could be the Teachers. They would be fighting in a battlefield rather then in the middle of the halls. It was against the rules! It must have been a forced fight. Which means whoever was involved was in serious trouble... Maybe it was just some bully being a jerk face?

Mark's suspiscions were cleared though when he finally arrived at the scene of the battle Valorie was fighting some other guy with... well he wasn't sure what either of these Pokemon were. But they both looked cool. Especially the blue one... he wasn't sure what it was, but he wanted one. But all envy aside, he needed to cheer Valorie on.

"Val!" Mark called out, keeping his distance from the battle of course. It was an absolute mess. He noticed Valorie was holding a blueish Zoura and had a red mark on her face. Mark wasn't sure what to make of any of this but he was confident Valorie would be able to handle it. Against the rules or not, The battle was a fair one at the very least. Snype jumped down at got ready just in case the other guy started cheating or something.

At the moment, Valorie had the advantage so she had it under control at the moment.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru laughed. The Litwick was admittedly adorable in it's sleep. "I don't know, but I'm guessing it's not a bad dream." He brushed Holly's hair behind her ear. He looked at Kayla. "What do you think she's dreaming about?" He laughed at the thought. Holly's red cheeks were just as beautiful as her normal ones. "This may be kinda soon, but why did you agree to be my girlfriend? I'm not exactly the 'whole package'." He was surprised that Holly hadn't slapped him for his udder rudeness. "I seemed like kind of a jerk...though I never try to be. Ever."

Void started to run around too. "Woohoo!" The Munchlax was easily excitable. "Let's go on an adventure!" Torch sighed. "Void, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Haru might neeed us." This made Void laugh. "I'm sure he'll be fine. He said that he's gonna stay here all day."

Years
Holly looked up at Haru and smiled. She looked at Kayla, too, and laughed a little. "She's probably dreaming about candy..." When he asked her why she decided to be his girlfriend, she leaned back and looked at the sky. "I don't really know why... You're the first person who's been nice to me all of these years...Aside from my family, of course. And when you said you loved me... I don't know. I just felt like we should be together. I feel like I can trust you..." She blushed and looked at the ground. Kayla sighed and yawned a fake yawn. She hadn't been asleep. She just wanted to eavesdrop. She sat up and looked at Holly with a big grin on her face. Molly looked at Holly surprised.

Rosemary looked at Void and laughed. "We should! But not now! I want to see what happens." She looked at Haru and Holly. Daisy looked at the other pokemon, stood up, and stretched. Jasmine snorted and walked towards Kayla.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
'Finally I found my room!' Lucas cheered with Aipom asleep on his shoulder. Lucas laughed at his partner as he heard a loud roar which woke up his poor Pokemon. 'Wow, what was that? Do you have any idea Aipom?' Aipom nodded as it rubbed it's eye. Lucas opened his door saying '190' and looked around his room. A bed, table, chair, lamp, dresser and a small bathroom Lucas was happy. He went into his room and he began to unpack everything into his dresser. He pulled out one drawer and put a spare pillow that was there into it and patted it. Aipom cheered and hopped up into it. Lucas crashed on his bed. He rolled over looking at his bag. He reached into it and pulled out a odd shaped stone. 'I hope I can do something amazing with this Aipom. Maybe it'll make something evolve!' Aipom nodded and looked quite happy for Lucas.

Suddenly a metallic bird flashed past his window, causing Lucas and Aipom to fall outta their beds. 'WOW! What was that!'. Opening the window thats over his bed he peaks his head out seeing a Skarmory going down towards someone. He looked familar but he was too far away to tell. Just then a harsh wind blew causing Lucas's prized goggles and hat to fly off his head. 'Oh no! Not my hat!' Aipom ran out of the window trying to jump to grab the hat for Lucas. But Lucas tugged on his tail pulling him back into the room. 'No Aipom! Don't risk your life for a silly hat! It's not worth it!' Aipom looked sad but Lucas hugged the purple monkey and smiled. 'Don't worry, I still have you buddy.'

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Academy Grounds
------------------------------

Oh, how this was an awkward situation... There wasn't many ways to tell someone to go away and sound nice at the same time. But maybe if you- HOLY S*** WHAT WAS THAT?! Maxwell stared at the scene before him, Sapphire had shot some water at the blue dog-thing, probably because she tried to protect Genevieve. After all, she wasn't in too good of a memtal state to handle strangers right now he presumed. However, instead of letting his Pokémon take the hit, the guy just... JUMPED IN FRONT OF THE ATTACK. Seriously? What the heck was he thinking? Pokémon are usually more prone to be able to take an attack without getting more than knocked back and a bit injured, but a human could get severemy damaged! They didn't have the right physiology for that! This either showed that the dude was pretty reckless or had a strong bond with his Pokémon, it was probably both though.

"Honch, Honch."(The kid is reckless. If he would try to pull this stunt more often, he'd be meat to the Rattatas eventually.) As if he came out of nowhere, Hugin spoke as he sat perched atop Maxwell's shoulder. The crow decided to refrain from saying anything about the monkey. After all, her Trainer had just lost a family member, someone she probably cared about. You don't try to upset people in those kinds of situations, it's immoral. Hence why Hugin decided to give Genevieve a break with his angry caws.

The Dark/Flying-type hopped down again and began to trot over to the guy, if he was dead - or dying - he'd maybe make for some interesting valubles and- Hugin tried to push out the thoughts of greed from his brain. Even though it was hard consodering his species, the Honchkrow soon resumed being serious.

Maxwell eyed Hugin in a manner as if to say, "Don't even think about it." while Hugin just let out a small noise and began picking on the ground in search for consumables. The teen was veey worried for this guy, he had coughed up a bit of blood earlier and that wasn't exactly a sign of how good you were feeling at the moment.

"Should we..." Maxwell's voice was a bit hesitant, "like, DO something?"

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth, seeing that they weren't going to start soon, started leaning against a tree. Teal had gone to try to talk to Kira some more, and Raphael didn't seem to want to be disturbed.

After a while, something bumped into his leg, and flinching, Shet quickly turned around. Seeing that it was just a hat, he eased up.

Wait... Haven't I seen this hat before? Um... Right! It's that Luke guy's! Seth thought triumphantly. I had better call him and tell him I have it... If I remember correctly, he is quite attached to it...

Pulling out his x-Transciever, he dialed what he hoped was Luke's room. He waited while it rang.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
After their hug, Lucas and Aipom get up and are about to look out the window again to look where his hat and goggles went. Then all of a sudden he hears a ringing. He looked around wondering what it was. He spotted a watch like device sitting on the table ringing out the theme tune to Super Mario 3D Land. 'Hey I love this song! Hm?' he picked it up off the table. The number on it was currently unknown. 'This is weird...this watch thing is ringing Aipom. Is it mine? Well it is in my room...'

Aipom climbed up on his should and watched. Lucas gulped as he touches the button opening a video chat window. 'H-hello? This is Lucas McGuire here?'

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Charlie Fitzpatrick
Academy Hallways

Charlie could hear the powerful Pokémon's cries and started to follow them, hoping that he would be led to whatever the seven hells was going on at the Academy. However, he was stopped in his tracks by a Lucario, and a very familiar one. They had both met each other before, back at his office.

"Charles-- I-it's Aaron. Please, follow me. Quickly!" the Lucario said.

Knowing from the Lucario's tone that it was something serious, he ran after the Lucario, hoping that that Aaron kid was okay. Eventually, Charlie could recognise the sharp dresser in distress at a distance, and he looked like he had suffered a very hard attack.

"Hey!" Charlie said whiel rushing over to the kid, "Damn. What happened here?"
Jimmy Vincent & Alice Crenshaw
Academy Hallways

Pokémon cries could still be heard, and it was no trouble for Biff the maroon Houndour to track down where it came from. With its acute hearing it sprinted across the hallways, followed by Kaida, Smokey, and their human partners. Jimmy grabbed Rosalyn's hand when Biff started to run faster, in order for them to keep up, while Alice just ran, trying very hard to keep up.

"Wow...this..." she said between gasps, "...reminds me of my first class!"

Jimmy made no comment, and continued to follow Biff until he came to a stop. Before everyone's eyes were a girl battling a suspicious-looking boy with singed clothing. Their Pokémon were a Haxorus and a Swampert, respèctively. It seemed an epic battle was going on, and Jimmy smirked. Kaida wanted to go near the Haxorus, but smokey blocked her path.

"Stay here. For the best." the Weezing said.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth saw that Lucas had picked up the other end, and he soon saw his face on the screen.

"Hey. I've got your hat." Seth said, holding it up so he could see it. "Hey! How about you come join our race? We're in the forest. Hold on, I'll send the directions to you..." Seth said, pressing a few buttons and connecting the two devices. The directions to get to the other's location. "Okay, just follow these directions and you'll be here in no time." Seth hung up, and put it back into his bag.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante Redson --- Location-Elizabeth's classroom

Dante was working on the pokeball until Elizabeth told the class finish up on the pokeballs. So, Dante started to finish up the pokeball. As he got close to finishing the pokeball, Dante looked at his notes for the seals. He looked back at the pokeball and finished constructing it. Then, Dante started to write down the seals on the pokeball in the correct order that Elizabeth had told them to write them down. After that, Dante got up from his chair and packed up his things.

"Um, Ms. Elizabeth", Dante asked Elizabeth. "Once, we are done with that pokeballs. How do we know the pokeballs will work?"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Academy Hallway​

Both Scizors continued to lead the way through the hallways, eyeing every corridor and doorway just to make sure their charges would remain safe. On the other hand Diana was struggling to keep up since she really wasn't used to this high speed and running in this form either. Eventually the group reached the commotion. Lucia watched as the blue behemoth was hitting what looked like a dragon. She could recognize the blue pokemon, it was a Swampert. Her father had one, although the dragon type she hadn't seen before. She also knew that battling in the hallways was against the rules, why was this girl battling this guy? Did they get into an argument or something?

"Val!"

Lucia saw Mark nearby. "Mark? What's going on?" She asked. Apparently if he knew this girl then he would know what she was doing and no doubt who the boy was also.

Both Scizors had placed themselves in front of the siblings. They had their clawed hands out and ready to deliver some attacks if any of the battlers would dare send an attack their direction. Eric frowned, "Battling in the hallways, this has got to be against school policy. Abdacus, keep an eye on those two. Get defense mechanic three ready just in case." The Scizor gave a quick nod to his trainer as he tensed up, his eyes locked onto the two battlers.

Lucia frowned, "Should we intervene?"

Eric smirked, "If we do, then Jenson has the skills needed to stop this." He said as he grabbed pokeball and held it.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Academy Hallways

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Perhaps I should've told you this when I stumbled upon Valorie & her blue Zorua. Well, she was being attacked by some kid & his big blue Pokemon. Believe me? Well, you should. She was fighting back with her Haxorus. Two strong Pokemon, one big fight in the hallway. Was this against the rules, or self-defense? Either way, this fight was intense. Haxorus seemed to be having trouble with that blue Pokemon, but it waas holding it's ground. A few kids came along to witness the scene unravel. What could I do? Just watch I guess, but I couldn't just stand there. I saw Mark having Snype out just in case Valorie needed help. I had Mistress out already.

I stood by Valorie from a safe distance & looked at Mistress. "The moment things don't look right," I stated, "I want you to jump in!" Mistress nodded & looked carefully at the two Pokemon battling. I see Ruby joined me here. The more the merrier!

What was this boy's problem anyway? Why was he battling with Valorie, in the hallway? That Zorua still peaked an interest in me, but that could wait. I already had a bad feeling about this boy. I could read it in his face.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
'Hey. I've got your hat.' said the very familiar voice.

'Oh hey! Your Seth from before, right?' Lucas exclaimed as the picture began to focus Seth's face better and also noticing his hat in the picture. 'Oh my God! You got my hat! Thank y-.'

'Hey! How about you come join our race? We're in the forest. Hold on, I'll send the directions to you...'

Lucas looks down at Aipom who looks interested about the race. 'Should we take part Aipom?' Aipom nods and starts shaking his leg with his huge hand. 'Okay, okay, we'll take part Aipom! We'll get to make some cool friends!'

'Okay, just follow these directions and you'll be here in no time.'

'Okay thanks! See you in a bit!' the watch's screen went blank. He strapped it to his wrist and took Aipom on his shoulder. Lucas ran out of the door as Aipom closed it as he began making his way outside of the Dorm.

Once he got out side, Lucas and Aipom began exploring the campus abit before actually heading to the forest. It was huge! Just exploring a little bit gave him chills. He noticed trainers running off into another dorm. They mentioned a Pokemon battle in the halls, between a Haxorus and Swampert. Lucas gulped and grew quite hesitant to try and explore. He just turned to the forest in which Seth told him to go to.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine - Open Plains

They spent a while in the field working on their ability to battle alongside each other. Nika figured out the moves Pineco knew through trial and error, the jagged pokemon seeming eager to show off its abilities to her. It was responsive without being too exuberant - if it continued to work with her like this she would have it ready for serious competition in no time.

As they were finishing off their training a Pidgey seemed to decide Pineco would be an interesting lunch, and although Pineco battled back, his exhaustion from the training and Patrat battle was too much. Once he had fainted Nika called him back to his Heavy Ball and sent Loki to finish off the flying type.

Wanting to get Pineco to the Pokemon Center in town as quickly as possible she left Loki out to fly by her side, scaring off any other would-be predators.​

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Academy Grounds
------------------------------

Well... This was an awkward AND dangerous situation. Maxwell had absolutely no idea what he was gonna' do, if he was gonna' do anything that was. In the end he chose not to tamper with the dude, after all he knew close to nothing about medicine and treating wounds and such. The dog-thingy DID go somwhere and Maxwell would be surprised if it had gone to do something else than to get help.

Meanwhile, Hugin pecked at the ground for goodies or something to eat, but he had no luck. Feeling a little disgrunteled by the whole situation, the Honchkrow decided to give the food-hunting a rest for the moment. After a while, the dog-thingy came back accompanied by a man. Maxwell could feel the aura of this man almost knock him over with its mighty force. It was the power, to win. A power not granted upon many, but only upon those whe were chosen to be the elite of everything. It felt like a wind of white powder swept in wherever this man was. Maxwell invardly bowed to his great greatness.

"Honch, Honchkr-"(Well, if you want to know, it was that stupid-) Hugin began. He thought that he had nothing better to do than answer this man's question now that he refrained from the frenetic cawing for the moment. However Maxwell interrupted as he returned to reality by pushing away the crow slowly.

"Well, you see," he began, "There was a Simipour who was attacking the blue Pokémon over there," Maxwell pointed at the Lucario, "And then this guy just jumps in between the attack and the Pokémon!" He said. The teen decided to leave out the fact that the Simipour belonged to Genevieve. She was probably in a slightly worse state than before and she also probably felt guilty over the fact that Sapphire had hurt the guy. The last thing she needed was for someone to point in her face and exclaim that she should control her Pokémon better and yadayadayada.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth sat against the tree and waited, Lucas' hat in front of him. Teal walked over and sat beside him.

"I give up." He said, as he plopped down next to Seth.

"On Kira? I don't blame you. She is a bit hardheaded at the moment. Did your training work out the way you thought it would?" Seth asked, referring to his earlier encounter with the two in the exact area.

"For the most part. Shadow kind of got out of hand for a bit there." Teal responded

"It happens. Pokemon are so much smarter and more independant than we give them credit. Most have the iq of the average human, some even more so. Shadow is one of the latter. His mind is a level above that of an average human, but then again, neither of us are average humans. Ha." Seth had gotten a bit into talking with this guy, and considered him his closest human friend, if he was human.

"I see. Yeah, I guess your right. A psychic and an orphan doctor who finds friendship through Pokemon more than everything. We are a strange match for sure..."

"I have a question for you. No wait, two. Where you exposed to any ghost Pokemon during your childhood? And if so, was it in a personal relationship? I'm just trying to figure out why you seem like a ghost Pokemon to me." Seth asked. He saw that this was a slightly personal question, so he gave Teal a moment to come up with a suitable answer.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)
Oaktown->Volcano
Wyatt, now a third up path trailing up the volcano, came to an abrupt halt. He could feel the heat arise from the ground and steam arose from the cracks in the ground. A bead of sweat dripped down his forehead and he wiped it off with a look of regret, slightly wishing he had brought something to drink, he wiped the enlarged bead now down to his nose. He had almost forgotten why he was there before he saw a flurry of flames out he corner of his eye. He attempted to run outside of it's path of trajectory but instead stumbled and nearly fell dodging it. He turned around to see a lava skinned slug crawl over towards him, steam coming from what Wyatt assumed to be its mouth. He put his hand down to his coat pocket, not taking his eyes off of the Slugma and grabbed the first Pokeball he felt. He threw it out in-between him and the Slugma and distanced himself as Neptune emerged from the flash of light, resulting from the Pokeball. He knew this was going to be a piece of cake, after all everyone knows that fire is weak to water. He knew a bubble could easily defeat the wild Slugma and sure enough it fainted as soon as the attack came from Neptune who attacked on his own initiative.

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal
"No not at all, Vel is the only pokemon I've really interacted with other than the ones I help sometimes at the hospital." Teal had actually never seen a ghost type before and hadn't realized it, "Come to think of it there were never any on the island, at least that I've heard of."

Teal thought for a moment and laid against a tree. He pulled his hat over his eyes. "I really can't remember past the hospital, not even what my parents looked like." He sighed, "It hasn't even been long, I can't figure out why I don't remember them." He tried to remember his house, friends, and school but he couldn't. "All I remember is the hospital, and a single patient who died. I don't know how though, or who he was." Teal yawned but didn't go to sleep, he just sat there thinking.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
"So that's out of the question..." Seth said, dismayed that he couldn't figure out what was wrong with this guy. He may be a great thinker, but the answer to this puzzle evaded him.

"Well, now I guess we wait for Lucas, then get going. It sucks that Tristen left though..." Seth said, as he once again leaned back, this time to meditate. He didn't realize it immediately, but he began to float a few centimeters above the ground.

Back