• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Haunted House- the Ghost Type Fanclub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Welcome to the Haunted House!
Welcome to the wonderful Haunted House, a club for all ghost-type lovers. We talk about the amazing and mystifying ghost Pokemon, a type to truly admire! Here you can join into the campfire tales and interesting discussions. So what are you waiting for? Come and join us today!

PichuBrothers.png

Pokemon of the Week:

spiritomb.jpg

Spiritomb,besides from Sableye,is one of the only Pokemon to have no weaknesses.It was introduced in Gen IV,as a Pokemon you could find at the old crumbled Hallowed Tower,when you talked to 32 people underground that weren't NPCs.It was known for destruction in the Anime after being imprisoned and in the games as a decent attacker learning a huge range of moves and earning a spot on Champion Cynthia's team.

RULES
Every club has a set of rules and we are no exception.
1. Follow all of PC's rules and the Pokemon Clubs rules here.
3-drifblim-fb-e1288929962387-125x125.jpg

2.No trolling,harassing or spamming.

3.Please respect other people's opinions. We are a club after all.

4.Everybody can pick two partners upon joining.

5.Try and keep active in this club.

6.Anyone can make a topic but please only create one if the old topic has at least been on for three days.

7.Most importantly, have fun!

Username:
Partners:
Why did you join?
Answer the current topic:

Our Ghost Type Buddies:

Members
Rainbow Arcanine (Owner)
Hikari10
White_Arcanine
ShinyUmbreon189
Dragon Jackel (Shiny)
Avishka
MidnightShine
Aryan143
Psystar63
~Sia~
Sector Revenge
Koyan
soulavenger
Ghost Tamer Tommy
Denki Sempai

Current Topics:Which ghost pokemon's Pokedex entry do you find most interesting? Explain why.

Userbars:
Spoiler:

Banners:
Spoiler:

Monthly Challenge: This will be starting next month some time. If you have any suggestions drop a VM or PM. Either one is fine!
pokmon-stay-puft.jpg

chandelure_by_aristolochioides-d3cjb73.png

Last edited:
Years
Username: Hikari10
Partners: Chandelure and Jellicent
Why did you join? I love Ghost-type Pokemon for their designs and amazing strategies when using them.
Answer the current topic: My fave Ghost Pokemon is Chandelure, it was the first Ghost I ever used on my main team and its mighty Special Attack stat of 145 made me want it, also I love its interesting type combo.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Welcome Hikari :3! I'll add you soon, but I agree Chandelure is pretty amazing. That awesome special attack is just wonderful xD. And Jellicent, being my favourite sea creature,a huge blue jellyfish is pretty decent too.

While I'm talking I better answer my own topic ^^.
What is your favourite Ghost Pokemon and why?
My favourite personally is the adorable Drifblim. Most ghost Pokemon look creepy to me, but honestly this little guy was from head to toe plainly cute. I'm impressed with Gamefreak for turning an ordinary air balloon into a powerful Pokemon. He does have a unique movepool and I think he has an amazing design :3.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
...Oh hi there. XD

Username: White_Arcanine
Partners: Gastly
Why did you join?: I love ghost Pokemon, of course. Especially Duskull. <3
Answer the current topic: Duskull, I always loved that little thing, but, I don't know why it appealed to me. XD

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Username:ShinyUmbreon189
Partners:
094.gif
200.gif

Why did you join? Because I join all Pokemon clubs tbh and ghost Pokemon are one of the coolest Pokemon type out there.
Answer the current topic:Gengar, I remember seeing Morty's Gengar in the anime using Shadow Ball; I thought it was really cool.

Dragonjackel

Count of Chaos
Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
Username: Dragonjackel
Partners: Giratina(Shiny) Gloruk(Shiny)
Why?: Because Ghost Types are my favorite pokemon, tied with Psychic
Fav Ghost: Giratina.

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Welcome to the three of you :3! I'll make sure to add you ASAP :D. I totally agree with you ShinyUmbreon, Ghost-types are one cool type,definitely. Haha I liked Gengar for a while, then I read the Pokedex Data and got totally freaked out. But still an awesome,powerful Pokemon.

Hey White Arcanine, nice to see ya around xD. Are you sure you want only Gastly, or do you want the cute Duskull along with your partners as well. Just tell me and I'll add the second partner later, if you choose to :3. Duskull is pretty cute and really defensive, so it's a decent Pokemon.

Dragon Jackel, I'll let you have a Shiny Giratina and the Golurk but you seemed to have forgot two things in your sign up list. Why did you join and answering the current topic. I'll let it slide this time but just remember next time kay :3?I couldn't find a shiny sprite so I put shiny in brackets for now. Is that OK with you :3?

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Then I guess I'll have an additional topic for all those of you who've answered the current one ^^.

What is the most powerful Ghost Pokemon? Explain why.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
What is the most powerful Ghost Pokemon? Explain why. Well, that depends on preference. I think Dusclops is really powerful but I'd have to give it to Gengar. Gengar, it has a ridiculously high sp. atk and really high speed so it can put the enemy to sleep with Hypnosis (if it hits) and make it suffer with Dream Eater before the other Pokemon knows what happened.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I totally agree with you ShinyUmbreon xD. Well here's my go at explaining:

The most powerful Ghost type Pokemon honestly,I'm giving it to the deadly Gengar. It's insane Sp. Attk and speed is a deadly combo. Also, it can use sneaky moves and combos like Toxic+Mean Look or something like Destiny Bond. And all the moves it can learn- Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, this thing is one serious beast!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I totally agree with you ShinyUmbreon xD. Well here's my go at explaining:

The most powerful Ghost type Pokemon honestly,I'm giving it to the deadly Gengar. It's insane Sp. Attk and speed is a deadly combo. Also, it can use sneaky moves and combos like Toxic+Mean Look or something like Destiny Bond. And all the moves it can learn- Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, this thing is one serious beast!

G to da E to da N to da G to da A to da R, Gengar. Yep that's right, Gengar has an insane sp. atk and high speed to make it deadly. Once you teach it Mean Look, Toxic/Hypnosis, Dream Eater/Shadow Ball, Destony Bond it's game over.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
G to da E to da N to da G to da A to da R, Gengar. Yep that's right, Gengar has an insane sp. atk and high speed to make it deadly. Once you teach it Mean Look, Toxic/Hypnosis, Dream Eater/Shadow Ball, Destony Bond it's game over.

Definitely, never underestimate this guy. If you can trade, I'd recommend you get him because he packs a punch xD. The perfect moveset for it might go something like this. Since I've never done Competitive battling, I have no idea if this is good or not :P.

-Toxic
-Mean Look
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond

Toxic to badly poison the foe and lower HP quicker, Mean look so they can't escape once poisoned. Shadow Ball just because Gengar really needs an attacking move ^^ and Destiny Bond to give a nasty shock to your opponent.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Definitely, never underestimate this guy. If you can trade, I'd recommend you get him because he packs a punch xD. The perfect moveset for it might go something like this. Since I've never done Competitive battling, I have no idea if this is good or not :P.

-Toxic
-Mean Look
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond

Toxic to badly poison the foe and lower HP quicker, Mean look so they can't escape once poisoned. Shadow Ball just because Gengar really needs an attacking move ^^ and Destiny Bond to give a nasty shock to your opponent.

I always recommend Gengar to people. Myself, I would get Gengar but I refuse to change my router security to WEP so I can't trade. Instead I gotta save money up for the WiFi USB Connector.

That's a good move set but not recommended unless your going online. In gameplay that would annoy you more than they annoy you.

Now I'm gonna give out 2 move-sets I would use. 1st is being cruel and 2nd is being more offensive.

1st
Hypnosis (to force Pokemon into a nice little map)
Nightmare (to make sure the Pokemon never wants to sleep again)
Dream Eater (to destroy it's dreams and the Pokemon itself)
Shadow Ball (to destroy the Pokemon)

2nd
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse (I think it can learn it)

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Good idea for a moveset xD. I think a Pokemon that would probably rival Gengar would be the powerful Chandelure. It has a unique typing and has a whopping Special Attack of 145. It has really useful abilities and is a bit more bulky. I mean a Fire/Ghost type? Fire types are well known for their insane power and ghost types are known for their cunning moves. When you have that combined you get real awesomeness xD.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Good idea for a moveset xD. I think a Pokemon that would probably rival Gengar would be the powerful Chandelure. It has a unique typing and has a whopping Special Attack of 145. It has really useful abilities and is a bit more bulky. I mean a Fire/Ghost type? Fire types are well known for their insane power and ghost types are known for their cunning moves. When you have that combined you get real awesomeness xD.

Not really a big fan of Chandelure. I think it looks cool and stuff but it's a chandelier. xD. That would be a good battle tho but I think Gengar will come out victorious because of Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Not really a big fan of Chandelure. I think it looks cool and stuff but it's a chandelier. xD. That would be a good battle tho but I think Gengar will come out victorious because of Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo.

Yes but it's an epic chandelier xD. That battle would be pretty intense, I can imagine flames and all these thunderbolts, Gengar going"Go to sleep young Chandelure." and Chandelure saying."No I don't wanna >:|."

Hmm I actually think Chandelure would win.Even though it would be easily outspeeded by Gengar, it can learn moves like Will-o-wisp,Confuse Ray and Overheat.

Oh yes, before I end this message thanks for being the most active one so far ^^!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Partners: Mismagius and Gengar
Why did you join? Because ghost Pokemon are one of the coolest Pokemon type out there. Mismagius and Jellicent are one of my fave pokemon
Who's your favourite Ghost Pokemon?
always loved Mismagius, dunno why :P
Gengar. It was the original and it just looks cool. Kinda like a person, so it fits into the whole idea of spirits of dead people. :]

Spoiler:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Username: Avishka
Partners: Mismagius and Gengar
Why did you join? Because ghost Pokemon are one of the coolest Pokemon type out there. Mismagius and Jellicent are one of my fave pokemon
Who's your favourite Ghost Pokemon?

Spoiler:
Welcome Avishka to the club :3! Nice pictures you have there,I'll add one to the main post :D. I've always loved Mismagius too I don't know why either. Maybe because of it's stunning appearance and the fact that it's a decent well-rounded Pokemon.

Gengar is awesome too, but seriously those Pokedex Entries can get creepy :P. Yep, it was the original ghost Pokemon and definitely a powerhouse.

Ghost types are definitely a cool type,all of us here think that ^^. Welcome and I hope you'll enjoy it here xD!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back