Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mephreyu
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
So I currently have a Zoroark (Male) and a Ninetales (Female) in the daycare in order to breed a Zorua with Extrasensory. My question is that, is there a lower percentage to get an egg carrying a Zorua than a Vulpix? After about 10 eggs all I've gotten is a Vulpix, and I'm wondering if I just need to press on, or if I'm missing something.
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

You always get the female breed. No ifs, ands, or buts. Same if you get a Rufflet and a Vullaby together, or their evolutions; you must use Ditto to breed a Rufflet. Only way to get a male-only breed. There are only two exceptions to this rule with the Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise, I believe.

In that vein, get a Ditto and you'll breed a Zorua no problem.

Or I can trade you one of my bred Zoruas that knows a ton of moves already. There are females, just rare.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
To add, for a Zorua to have Extrasensory as one of its moves, you must breed a male Vulpix/Ninetales with a female Zorua/Zoroark. As Cyclone pointed out, only the female breed is hatched, with a few exceptions. An alternative breeding pair in your case is Ditto + Zorua/Zoroark (male).

Old September 26th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

To help in case you didn't know you can easily find a Ditto in the Giant Chasm (Grass). Breed until you get a female Zorua and then breed for an extrasensory Zorua.

"By force of will!"
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
To help in case you didn't know you can easily find a Ditto in the Giant Chasm (Grass). Breed until you get a female Zorua and then breed for an extrasensory Zorua.
Those Dittos are also a pain in the butt to catch. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver, you can catch a Lv.10 Ditto from Route 34 and import it from another system into Black/White. Those ones I found easier to catch. You can also visit the Quick Trade Thread and offer a trade for a Ditto.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 26th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Those Dittos are also a pain in the butt to catch. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver, you can catch a Lv.10 Ditto from Route 34 and import it from another system into Black/White. Those ones I found easier to catch. You can also visit the Quick Trade Thread and offer a trade for a Ditto.

Cyclone
The easiest way to catch them is send out a lillipup to make them transform into and then BAM throw a ball and it is easily caught!

"By force of will!"
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Mephreyu
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Impish
Thanks for the replies, I understand now.
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
The easiest way to catch them is send out a lillipup to make them transform into and then BAM throw a ball and it is easily caught!
So my problem is having a strong and rarely catchable Pokémon out? Interesting. That might be why the Repeat Balls never worked, and Quick Balls never got Ditto straight away for me. But after a Transform, I can just Repeat Ball it and problem solved. Even have a Pokémon strong against the one leading ready to switch to.

Cyclone

Old September 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
So my problem is having a strong and rarely catchable Pokémon out? Interesting. That might be why the Repeat Balls never worked, and Quick Balls never got Ditto straight away for me. But after a Transform, I can just Repeat Ball it and problem solved. Even have a Pokémon strong against the one leading ready to switch to.

Cyclone

Yep. Ditto takes the catch rate of the poke it transforms into.

"By force of will!"
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Forever
let it go

Please don't turn a quick question into a discussion ;( After the user replied saying they understood, there was no need to add more. Either way, Mephreyu, please use the Quick Questions sticky next time, okay? :3
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here