The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
They are split to signify between Original Series (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto), Advance Generation (Hoenn & Battle Frontier), Diamond and Pearl (Sinnoh), Black and White aka Best Wishes (Unova). Also not sure what you mean by them not dealing with the current on going episodes since they have Roughneck Dragonite episode up which is the last episode title to be revealed in Japan. Unless there is something I am missing and I didn't understand what you were getting at.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old July 4th, 2012, 05:12 AM
DalkonCledwin
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Lonely
I just sent you off a private message with a link to the wikipedia article that I was complaining about. I hope that clarifies the problem I am having for you. It wasn't really about the wikipedia article that lists all the episodes by name, so much as it was about another wikipedia article that lists a large majority of all the anime series in existence in order by the number of episodes they have counting down from the highest number of episodes down to the lowest number of episodes.

My complaint is that I feel Pokemon should be counted as a single series for the purposes of counting it's compiled episode count instead of as 4 separate series', because otherwise you are going to get a rather arbitrary number of episodes for 4 separate series instead of a single episode count for what amounts to a single series.

Soul Silver Version: Drakon (6 Badge) FC = 5415 6343 7704
White Version: Drake (5 Badges) FC = 1936 6983 9022
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:01 AM
mamoswineftw
Togepi

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys,

I have this little thing that's been bugging me, there's a specific episode that I can't remember when in the series it is, and I can only remember a few basic, sketchy plot details. I scrolled through Serebii's episode guides but couldn't find it, so I hope you guys can help. Here are the details (I think):

-Air Balloon race, with Brock/Misty/Ash taking part in one of the teams
-They step in because someone is injured the night before
-First prize is a Dratini (not 100% sure)
-Ash uses Pidgeot to find air currents during the race
-Brock's Vulpix controls the flame for a bit, but Charizard eventually steps in

That's pretty much all can remember. Or maybe it was just a dream... Either way, could you guys let me know? It's been bugging me for a couple of hours now.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:16 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoswineftw View Post
Hey guys,

I have this little thing that's been bugging me, there's a specific episode that I can't remember when in the series it is, and I can only remember a few basic, sketchy plot details. I scrolled through Serebii's episode guides but couldn't find it, so I hope you guys can help. Here are the details (I think):

-Air Balloon race, with Brock/Misty/Ash taking part in one of the teams
-They step in because someone is injured the night before
-First prize is a Dratini (not 100% sure)
-Ash uses Pidgeot to find air currents during the race
-Brock's Vulpix controls the flame for a bit, but Charizard eventually steps in

That's pretty much all can remember. Or maybe it was just a dream... Either way, could you guys let me know? It's been bugging me for a couple of hours now.
Is this the episode you are thinking about?
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Ichinish
Unhatched Egg

I search for Balloon Race in Pokemon anime and found out that in episode 202 there is a Balloon Race wher Ash, Misty and Brock participate. Check out the episode and say something.

Episode 202 - The Big Balloon Blow Up
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:43 AM
mamoswineftw
Togepi

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Is this the episode you are thinking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinish View Post
I search for Balloon Race in Pokemon anime and found out that in episode 202 there is a Balloon Race wher Ash, Misty and Brock participate. Check out the episode and say something.

Episode 202 - The Big Balloon Blow Up
Well, I've had a look through that plot synopsis already, and while it does seem quit similar it wasn't what I was looking for. I'm not even sure if I've made this episode up or something. Have no clue WHY it popped into my head either.

The whole vulpix --> Charizard thing I definitely remember. And I'm pretty sure about the Dratini prize. Maybe it was in a book or something? A comic?

Thanks for your help guys anyway

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Ichinish
Unhatched Egg

Gotta be the book Race to Danger, then.
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Pokemon_Hero

I remember there was a Pignite vs Mamoswine battle in one of the trailers

why was it skipped? What happened?
Old July 15th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Acrios90
Pokemon Artist & DJ

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
How old is Ash? Is he still 10-years-old? Or is he 11?
Ash is a ten-year-old boy. This was re-confirmed by the narrator at the beginning of the Japanese debut of the series Pokémon Best Wishes.
I Don't want to be the one who asks this but if ash is still 10 how did he have the anniversary of when he met Pikachu in one of the shorts (From one of the movies) That would have to have meant that at least one year had passed by in the series.

It could be another case of the movies and the show never referencing back to each other (like ash never remembers anything that had happened in the movies)
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

It's a plot hole. The narrator upon the start of Best Wishes/Black and White still said he was 10. And they movie you are alluding to is Movie 3 - Spell of the Unknown. I believe when they were nearing Viridian City it also mentioned about a year or a year has pasted since they were their last. Then the training for the league is implied like 2-3 months. So clearly normal age terms don't apply to anime.

Old July 16th, 2012, 06:22 AM
ronz.ombie
Beginning Trainer

Hey I have some questions about the 14th Pokémon movie (the one that features Victini)
First, what does Victini's master preventing the destructive Dragon Force have to do with Victini being trapped ? Like....what was it trapped anyway?

And second, where was the castle located in the end ? The valley or the mountain where the King used to move the castle to ?
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
ronz.ombie
Beginning Trainer

Hello ! Can anyone answer my questions above, please ? Or did I ask them in the right place ?
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:45 PM
death_note
Beginning Trainer

In the anime, I've always wondered if Jigglypuff can fall asleep if another Jigglypuff sings in front of them?
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_note View Post
In the anime, I've always wondered if Jigglypuff can fall asleep if another Jigglypuff sings in front of them?
This instance has not been song in the Anime to my knowledge. The closest incident I remember is "Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis", where Jigglypuff summoned a Giant Jigglypuff through Sing. So I assume if two sang together they would fall asleep since Jigglypuff don't have Soundproof ability.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
bowzerfan321
Beginning Trainer

What episode is this image from?

(If the image didn't load an attachment, pikachu is making an evil face as it turns around, just about to do a thunder shock, i believe against team rocket...I also know it is in one of the first 4 seasons)
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png‎ (588.1 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

This is a guess but i think it's from Pikachu re-volts
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Not keeping up with news and stuff but when is the Virbank eps dub airing? Nothing is on Bulbapedia and I realised that the dub is nearly at its end, of BW anyway.
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Not keeping up with news and stuff but when is the Virbank eps dub airing? Nothing is on Bulbapedia and I realised that the dub is nearly at its end, of BW anyway.
Based on what I saw, the Virbank Gym two-parter should probably air in the dub on October 13th and 20th 2012.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:12 AM
hewhaws
Unhatched Egg

I am noticing that there are only one episode on Boomarang and no more episodes on CN and only Black and White episodes on video on demand.Why are they taking them off?
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:42 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

BW Rival Destinies is on CN in the morning for the next 6 days. If they were going to take them off CN then I think there would have been an announcement by Pokemon Co. It wouldn't make sense for either too break ties, not to mention they are having Movie 15 on CN in December. So it would make even more sense to have them support the movie with episodes still on CN.

Old October 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
luf100
Team Rocket Grunt

Nature: Quiet
I just saw someone on Tumblr say that Team Rocket aren't going to be in the anime anymore. Is there actual news for this, or were they possibly talking about the fact that they're not in Best Wishes as often as they used to be?

Old October 25th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by luf100 View Post
I just saw someone on Tumblr say that Team Rocket aren't going to be in the anime anymore. Is there actual news for this, or were they possibly talking about the fact that they're not in Best Wishes as often as they used to be?
I've searched the internet for quite a while regarding this post and nothing official (or unofficial) came up, so it's not seeming likely... There's a lot of theories of "Why I think Team Rocket will leave the anime soon" mostly based on their lack of activity, but nothing official so I'm guessing it was probably just a rumour or someone commenting on the fact that they're in it less :3
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:28 PM
KetchumKid
Unhatched Egg

Hey, everybody! I'm new to these forums.

I'm in need of your guys' help badly. There's a song from the anime that I've searched high and low for and can't seem to find and/or download. I've looked through all of the soundtracks as thoroughly as I possibly could, and still came up with nothing.

I would be ever-so-grateful if someone could identify it for me and point to where I can download it.

Description:
It's a creepy song that plays at the very beginning of Abra and the Psychic Showdown (where Sabrina and her younger self are sitting on the throne), and in the Japanese version of Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back (towards the beginning, where we're shown a flashback of Dr. Fuji creating the Aitwo hologram, and his wife leaves him).

This song's been stuck in my head forever. Please help me out, guys!
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchumKid View Post
Hey, everybody! I'm new to these forums.

I'm in need of your guys' help badly. There's a song from the anime that I've searched high and low for and can't seem to find and/or download. I've looked through all of the soundtracks as thoroughly as I possibly could, and still came up with nothing.

I would be ever-so-grateful if someone could identify it for me and point to where I can download it.

Description:
It's a creepy song that plays at the very beginning of Abra and the Psychic Showdown (where Sabrina and her younger self are sitting on the throne), and in the Japanese version of Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back (towards the beginning, where we're shown a flashback of Dr. Fuji creating the Aitwo hologram, and his wife leaves him).

This song's been stuck in my head forever. Please help me out, guys!
Was this the one?
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Thomas Wiencek

The following Pokémon original anime TV show episode "The Tower of Terror" was temporarily banned in the United States right after the September 11, and the reason has never been confirmed yet. So, when will it ever be confirmed, just never?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links