The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky



What is Ace Attorney?


Ace Attorney, also known as Gyakuten Saiban in Japan, is a adventure/thinking/action game, created by Capcom in Japan, that started out as a Gameboy Advance Game in Japan in 2001. In 2005, it became a Nintendo DS port with a microphone feature that was also released in North America, Australia, and Europe.

This game basically resembles a court trail that is formed by a couple of characters: the defense, the prosecution, the judge, the defendant, the witnesses, the bailiff, and the court spectators. To play this game, you will need to do two segments: trial and investigation. During the trial segment, you'll need to defend your client by paying close attention to the information about each murder that transpires, as well as pay attention to the evidence you've acquired in your court record. During each trial, you'll need to cross-examine each witness, brought by the prosecution, who comes on stand. When you cross-examine a witness, you listen carefully to their testimony. If you want to listen to a part of their testimony in more detail, you press the 'press' button, as the defense yells 'HOLD IT!'. If you see a part of the witness's testimony that contradicts with a piece of evidence you've gotten, press the 'present' button, and select the evidence that contradicts with the testimony, as the defense yells, 'OBJECTION!' Be warned though - if you're wrong, you'll may receive a penalty. Sometimes, you may be required to present evidence that proves your theory. In that case, present the necessary evidence, as the defense yells. 'TAKE THAT!'

In later episodes of each Attorney game, the Judge put the trial on recess if something is brought up that the Judge feels the trial must be delayed so that the attorneys may look into it. On these days, you control the main character the first person and investigate related areas. There are four options - Talk, which allows players to speak to anyone present; Present, which allows players to present evidence to anyone present; Examine, which allows players to search an area; and Move, which allows players to leave the area.



The basis of this club?


Of course, you if you are a big fan of the ace attorney series, as well as the spin-offs (such as Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth), or if you are a person who may not be familiar with the games, but would like to learn more in a place where you can get all the info you'll need, then you might just as well enjoy this club!

Sometimes, there will be in-club events such as crosswords, as well as a made-up case for everyone to solve. :3



Rules / Guidelines

  • All Pokecommunity Rules apply in this club. If you're unsure on what they are, click here!
  • If there is someone who isn't far enough into a certain game, it's asked that you [SPOILER] tag certain parts of the game, for common curtousy sake.
  • Respect is mutual. Please respect others' opinions, whether it be character / case likenesses, liketude towards a game, and so on.
  • NO ECCHI. It sort of falls under 'no porn' in PC's rules.
  • This club is generally a discussion group about Ace Attorney - unrelated topics should be put else where.
  • Of course, this club is not simply restricted to die-hard fans; even if you are unfamiliar with the series, feel free to join! Perhaps you'll learn more about it, if you're interested!


Sign-Up Sheet



To sign up, you can just simply post in (not generically, of course; in other words, you can just jump to a discussion), and you'll be placed in randomly, and automatically. There are, and will be plenty of topics to discuss, so don't sweet the small stuff. ^^


Member List


A
Alternative
AshleyKetchum

B
bobandbill
BZW Golem

C
Cid

D


E


F


G


H
Hamako-Chan

I
Impo

J


K


L


M
Miss Doronjo


N
NatureKeeper
Nintendork15

O


P
pleb

Q


R


S
Shdwj
SomariFeyWright


T


U


V


W


X


Y


Z




Starter-up Topics

  • What is/are your favourite Ace Attorney game(s) from the series?
  • Who are your favourite characters?
  • Who are your least favourite characters?


__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; October 8th, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Alternative's Avatar
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
I've been persuaded to present this evidence in the courtroom, and to apply for this club apparently.



As for favourite games in the series, I believe Trials and Tribulations takes the cake for that one. Just everything about it was so great. The whole thing with finishing up the mystery behind Maya's past and everything related to her, as well as Godot and being able to play as Mia, it's all so good.

As for favourite character, I honestly have no idea. Right now I'm really digging Klavier just because he casually speaks german and that's really cool. Kristoph is up there as well, and is probably my favourite out of all the "bad people" sorts. Something about him just shines.

Also Gumshoe. No explanation needed for him.

Least favourite is a really difficult one, but Wocky Kitaki from AA:AJ stands out in this. I just found him so annoying with his attitude, and the fact that I didn't know what his gender was when I first saw him. I honestly don't know what it is I hate about him, but it's there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Hah, yea, T&T was the best Phoenix Wright Game of them all - hands down. Everything about that game was just... amazing. Even if you're not a Phoenix Wright fan, I'd recommend you to play that game anyway. <3 Playing as Mia was also really great - there should be more games where you play as more lawyers / prosecutors other than Phoenix Wright, y'know? I wouldn't mind a squeal to Apollo Justice (if they ever consider making one). If you've played AAI 2, it's also a really amazing game. I'll say why in spoilers (for the sake of those who want to play the game, but do not want spoilers to it):

Spoiler:
Because you can play as Miles Edgeworth's dad! And there's so much drama when Kay lost her memory and Edgeworth turning down his prosecutor badge... it's a pretty amazing story.


My favourite character? Of course it's Ema Skye - young Ema Skye though. (when she was 15-18). 25 year old Ema Skye is also pretty cool, but she's a downer at times, imo. Gumshoe is also a favorite; like, how can someone NOT like Gumshoe? He's like one of those fictional characters where you can't hate him n matter what~ Uhhh, other favorites include Angel "The Cough up Queen" from Ace Attorney case 5, since she's kind of quirky with lunchboxes and everything, also the Fey family (and yes, that means Maya, Pearl, Mia, Morgan and Misty) because their storyline with the feud is just fantastic. Miles is also a cool guy, and so is Apollo, Phoenix and Klavier.

Least favourite... normally, I'd say "Matt Engarde" because (and I'll put this in spoilers for those who haven't completed JFA):

Spoiler:
he's a douche, and not that 'he's a douche but you love him anyway' thing, he's an actual douche when you've find out his secret about Celeste and Juan and Shelly de Killer


But, nowadays my least favourite would have to be Richard Wellington, because he's... just, ugh, I can't stand his stuck-up demeanor.



By the way, in AA5 news, if you didn't see from September 20th, there's more AA5 screenshots!







Also, there's a neat video where they are showcasing AA5 here (click!)

Or right here if you don't want to see the full version of the capcom show.
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to join!

I love Ace Attorney, and right now I am so hyped for AA5 AAvPL for the 3DS
I'm a little upset that Maya's being replaced, but Phoenix's new sidekick looks pretty cool.

I really want to play AAI2 but I don't know Japanese damn it's taunting me so much

And my favourite character is Pearl Fey, and the Fey clan as a whole is a great storyline SO MUCH LOVE
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
I'd like to join!

I love Ace Attorney, and right now I am so hyped for AA5 AAvPL for the 3DS
I'm a little upset that Maya's being replaced, but Phoenix's new sidekick looks pretty cool.

I really want to play AAI2 but I don't know Japanese damn it's taunting me so much

And my favourite character is Pearl Fey, and the Fey clan as a whole is a great storyline SO MUCH LOVE
Welcome!
I'm hyped about AA and AAvsPL myself~ The gameplay on AAvPL looks amazing. <3 Well, I plan to make a Let's Play! of AAI2 with the translations, so if you want to see that when it comes, by all means.. :3

Pearl is a cutie~ Her music is pretty easy-going too. <3

Mind if I give another topic question?

What case(s) from the Ace Attorney Games is your favorite and why? What case(s) were your least faovurite?

For me, it's always been Case 5 from A&A. It's the infamous case on why A&A became SO epic. If you've played the game, you'll know why~!
As for my least favourite? It'd have to be Case 3 from Ace Attorney Justice for all. TBH, it was kind of tedious and random as hell. u-u
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:12 AM
pleb
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Hold it! I already made an ace attorney thread. But it wasn't approved so i'll join this one. My favourite character is Miles.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleb View Post
Hold it! I already made an ace attorney thread. But it wasn't approved so i'll join this one. My favourite character is Miles.
Sorry about that, but glad to have you on board~!

Miles is cool; it still stinks how AA12 wasn't released. ;-;
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Alternative's Avatar
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
My favourite cases would be quite difficult to put on to paper, since the majority of them were so good. My favourites though out of all of them would have to be Bridge to the Turnabout. Just one of my favourites, being the ending to the trilogy and the mystery behind the Feys, the gravy and so on. I do have two other favourites which aren't standing out as much, but they deserve mention: Turnabout Succession just for the fact that it's a simple court case, and Recipe for Turnabout for the dropping of pens and Xineohp. xD

I suppose I should mention Turnabout Samurai as well.

As for least favourites of cases, I don't really have one which stands out, but if I had to choose one, probably Turnabout Big Top just because it was boring to do. The ending was good, but nothing else stands out after that. I'm planning on playing through JFA again soon, and might just use AR to unlock all the cases just so I don't have to play that case again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
My Favourite case is Farewell, My Turnabout

the suspense and difficulty was just so amazing it gives you goosebumps

and omg Miss Doronjo I would love to see your let's play gogogo!
There's a fan translation in the works but god knows when it'll be available
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Awh, yeah, who can forget Recipe for Turnabout; it was amazing because of Furio / the mafia / main fanserviceee. AND OMG Farewell, My Turnabout -- THAT WAS HARD. ;-; SO MUCH INFINITE PENALTIES IN ONE CASE... And there's Matt Engarde, resident villain; it was pretty awesome. I forgot to mention I love Rise from the Ashes from AA1 - the mystery and longevity of the case was amazing~ Plus Ema Skyeee. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
My Favourite case is Farewell, My Turnabout

the suspense and difficulty was just so amazing it gives you goosebumps

and omg Miss Doronjo I would love to see your let's play gogogo!
There's a fan translation in the works but god knows when it'll be available
I plan too. :3 I just want to play it on a CPU since DeSuMe is slow on my laptop. @-@



Anyway, here's a different question: What are your favourite music in the game?

Well, for me, first there's Godot's theme, because it's really soothing and classy~ It's sort of epic in a calm way, and probably the best character theme in the game, IMO.


And there's also the T&T Cornered theme; I really like the tempo as it builds up. :3


I also love AA1's Objection theme; makes you feel accomplished. <3


Aaaaand who can forget AA1's cornered theme; the infamous one:
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Impo's Avatar
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I find all of the music pretty cool - it's one of the only games I have the sound on

I especially find the Kurian Village Music very fitting, and it kinda scares me
__________________


...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Alternative's Avatar
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Awh, yeah, who can forget Recipe for Turnabout; it was amazing because of Furio / the mafia / main fanserviceee. AND OMG Farewell, My Turnabout -- THAT WAS HARD. ;-; SO MUCH INFINITE PENALTIES IN ONE CASE... And there's Matt Engarde, resident villain; it was pretty awesome. I forgot to mention I love Rise from the Ashes from AA1 - the mystery and longevity of the case was amazing~ Plus Ema Skyeee. ^^



I plan too. :3 I just want to play it on a CPU since DeSuMe is slow on my laptop. @-@



Anyway, here's a different question: What are your favourite music in the game?

Well, for me, first there's Godot's theme, because it's really soothing and classy~ It's sort of epic in a calm way, and probably the best character theme in the game, IMO.


And there's also the T&T Cornered theme; I really like the tempo as it builds up. :3


I also love AA1's Objection theme; makes you feel accomplished. <3


Aaaaand who can forget AA1's cornered theme; the infamous one:
Can I say all the music is good? :P

But I don't know what my favourite music is since it's always changing, however I'm loving the Cornered theme from Investigations so much, I listen to it like, 20 times over. xD
I also really like the Steel Samurai theme.

Not posting links because they didn't work. x(
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I love the Fey Clan theme~ It's very... mystical Asian sounding. <3

But I agree that all the tracks are outstanding. <3 Have any of you listened to the arrangements or remixes of the music? For example, the cadenza remix of cornered? It's amazing. *___*


Well, in other topics, which Ace Attorney character resembles -you- the most?

Myself? Probably Larry Butz. :x I'm a loser then, and I'm a loser now, hehe.
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Alternative's Avatar
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
When something smells, it's gotta be the Doronjo

Umm, that's a hard one tbh. But if I had to choose one out of my personality, I'd have to probably go with Maya Fey. Being gluttonous, pointing out ladders and the cultural differences, while also being upset about things that happen, like Mia.

As for remixes of songs, I'd have to say really none of them. The only one I've really heard is the Jazz version of Godot's theme and the ringtone version of the Steel Samurai.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old September 29th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
When something smells, it's gotta be the Doronjo
Quiet, please. It's snack time.



*MUNCH**MUNCH* *MUNCH**MUNCH**MUNCH* *MUNCH**MUNCH**MUNCH* *MUNCH**MUNCH**MUNCH* *MUNCH**MUNCH**MUNCH* *MUNCH**MUNCH**MUNCH* *MUNCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
Umm, that's a hard one tbh. But if I had to choose one out of my personality, I'd have to probably go with Maya Fey. Being gluttonous, pointing out ladders and the cultural differences, while also being upset about things that happen, like Mia.

As for remixes of songs, I'd have to say really none of them. The only one I've really heard is the Jazz version of Godot's theme and the ringtone version of the Steel Samurai.
Not to mention being a hamburger lover? :3

Mmm, yeah I love the Jazz version of Godot's theme. *__* One day, play it in front of a fireplace when it's raining; it's soothing. <3


Well, here's another question for ya: What if Ace Attorney was an anime?

Would you watch it? I certainly would. ^^ Do I think it'll be a good anime? Sure, why not! What would I expect? Eh, maybe something like...detective Conan?
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
SomariFeyWright's Avatar
SomariFeyWright
Seven years is all it takes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wherever my fandoms take me~
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to SomariFeyWright


How dare you make an Ace Attorney club without running it by I, the Ace Attorney Master?! *whipped*

... Moving on, count me in as thus club's most unhealthily over-obsessed member.

Onto topics of discussion...

Favorite Ace Attorney game? ... I honestly can't choose. Each game is gave me a lot of fun, and each game holds endless replay value to me. Asking me to choose which one of my favorite is a crime in itself.

Favorite characters? I'd say Phoenix, Maya, and Trucy. Phoenix shoed such strength through all his pain, and that's something I can admire. He's quick, funny, and impossible to hate. Maya is like my fratermal video game twin. We eat more than we should, we fanperson over our beloved fandoms, love a show outside both our age and gender group... She's flat-out awesome. Plus, she's amazingly deep. And Trucy? Well... even though her development leaves a lot to be desired, she was fun to be around. Besides, she's too cute~ to say "No" to.

Least favorite?
... Engarde. Need I say more?

Favorite case: Case 2-4. Never in my life was I so desperate as to stoop to the point where I think a man like Matt is innocent...

Least favorite case: 4-4. Whilst bringing Gavin down was satisfying, it wasn't a shock after the flashback. It was kind of a letdown for a final case...

Favorite music? "Pursuit ~ Cornered 2001", "DL-6 incident" or "Classroom trial". I find them all very enjoyable.

Character I most resemble? As I said with the favorite characters question:

Ace Attorney an anime? It's already got a manga, so why not? It'd go pretty high on the list of "Greatest things ever".

So, overall, I am a huge Ace Attorney fan (at least superior to all of you amateurs) and I hope to hear more on what will be the two greatest 3DS games. And I certainly hope I find pleasure and enjoyment with you guys.
__________________

Signature made by Pandaprinzessin of Court Records.

Last edited by SomariFeyWright; September 30th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Hamako-chan's Avatar
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eminence <3
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
OMG AN ACE ATTORNEY CLUB <33
What is/are your favourite Ace Attorney game(s) from the series?
um... The Original Ace Attorney and Trials and Tribulations (I love the evil Dahlia Hawthorne and Godot is purely awesome)

Who are your favourite characters?
Maya , Phoenix Wright (Of Course), Dahlia and Godot

Who are your least favourite characters?
um.. I don't think I hate anybody. Oh I hate that idiot who killed Mia, Red White is his name I think.


Scary o.o
__________________

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423

Last edited by Hamako-chan; September 30th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky


I'm afraid there is no -master-, for we are all master(s). :3
Anyway, welcome you too! Glad to have ya~ <3


I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Engarde. ;-; That bad ol... bastard. Yeaaah, I hate Redd White too. About as conceited as Richard Wellington. :x One could argue that's how they are great, but... I dunno. I hate em. :3

By the way guys, there's an interesting article about AA5 and AA vs PL riiight here (click!). Not much there that we havn't learned already, but it's interesting to note that there's a new in-court gameplay mechanic, which in this case, appears to give Phoenix insight as to how the witness is holding up emotionally while testifying. Sort of like Apollo on how he 'precieves' with his bracelets, but.. a tad different.

Still, I really hope that they'll still use the Magatama. ;-; Nothing beats the Magatama, imo.


Speaking of which... I have a question for you guys:
What is your favourite truth-telling mechanic?

By 'truth-telling mechanic', I mean the things that sort of 'forces' the witness to tell the truth as long as you have the right pieces of evidence, or answer a question right..

Well, actually, to my knowledge, there is only 5 of these, so I'll give you the list:

Phoenix's Magatama (Psyche-Locks)

Apollo's Bracelet (Perceiving nervous tensions during testimonies)

Edgeworth's Logic (basically putting together pieces of information and how they're related)

Edgeworth's Logic Chess (basically, you're in a conversation with someone, and you try to 'outsmart them' to make them slip out some pieces of information. If you get some information, then your 'chess piece' will knock over the other person's piece, until you get a checkmate.)

Or just general cross-examination (presenting evidence, and pressing)


If I'm missing any others, please feel free to tell me. @_@
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM
Alternative's Avatar
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
I honestly have no idea if it would make a good anime. I'm actually towards leaning that it wouldn't do it well enough since it would just be recreating the games which the movie has done, but I could be wrong. It's be just the game with voice overs imo, unless they were to include new cases or something.

As for favourite truth-telling mechanic, does cross-examination count? xD But anyway, I actually liked Apollo's perceive system, especially when you get to try and find these nervous twitches. I thought that was pretty decent,
Spoiler:
except the arm pit eww

But that was a really good way to find out the truth. I also did enjoy Edgeworth's Logic, putting everything together, which does make more sense than a magical object. It's always fun to wait for him to put the logic together and explain it before it even makes sense to yourself. xD


As for other things, I got around to watching the Gyakuten Saiban movie today. I won't really talk about it since I may spoil it but I wanted to try and make gifs, but my photoshop fails at everything. -.- But anyway, I found this and thought it was funny. (not spoilerish, just the first case)
Spoiler:
and
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Hamako-chan's Avatar
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eminence <3
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
You know the armpit part, I got stuck on that for atleast 20 minutes, it was horrible. I ended up googling for help. An Ace Attorney anime would be sooo cute/awesome. I want to see Phoenix and Maya solve some extra cases. The movie was great, it might be confusing for those who can't memorize the first game by heart or those who never even played Ace Attorney.

Nice gif LOL. Good old hair fling
__________________

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Oh god, don't tell me Mr. Sahwit is in the movie... D=

And yeah, Apollo's Perceiving is... pretty tough to spot in general. You'd literally have to look very carefully. @_@ [took me a while to spot Laminor's swallowing habit]
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:04 AM
BZW Golem's Avatar
BZW Golem
Conspirator~
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Poland
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BZW Golem
What is/are your favourite Ace Attorney game(s) from the series?
Trials and Tribulations
Just because the plot was sooo good that I was unable to stop playing until I finished it @,@
And maybe because of Godot..
The first game was great, but Rise from the Ashes was a bit too long for me and annoyed me in a strange way :<
Justice for All.. eh, I just hate Franziska >.<
I liked the game, but my hate for her doesn't let me think of it as my fave >..>"

Who are your favourite characters?
Godot is my all time fave <3
It's not because I think of him as veeery attractive.
Ok, maybe a bit..
But really, his personality, the coffee addiction, the looks, I just love Godot @.@

Who are your least favourite characters?
Franziska, Manfred and Dahlia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
What is your favourite truth-telling mechanic?
Well.. if:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
As for favourite truth-telling mechanic, does cross-examination count?
that counts, than I HAVE to say that cross-examination XD

If not, Apollo's Bracelet.
It was something really nice, fresh and fun. I remeber spending a long time with this, I was veeery bad at it >,<"
But it was fun xD

I always disliked the Magatama, it was just the same as normal showing evidence.. just with the Magatama.
When playing Justice for All after the first game I was like "why do I have to use this? o.0".

Sadly, I hadn't played investigations, so can't say much about logic or chess ._.

Btw. Can I join? :3
__________________

None at the moment, but Mac rules, just saying.
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:13 AM
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Yeah, welcome to the Club!

To be honest, I didn't really like Franzy at the start of Justice for all too, until at case 4 - where she started being epic~ She's also pretty awesome in T&T and Ace attorney Investigations~ You should play that game when you have the chance. :3

PS. Yes, cross-examining does count. I've said it as a possible option after all~
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
SomariFeyWright's Avatar
SomariFeyWright
Seven years is all it takes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wherever my fandoms take me~
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to SomariFeyWright
Yeah, I may be a Maya suck-up, but cross-examination is an unbeatable classic to me, and it's honestly the most notable gameplay mechanic in Ace Attorney anyway.

... Having said that, psyche-locks will always hold a special place in my heart, and their return is a definite must for the two upcoming AA games.
__________________

Signature made by Pandaprinzessin of Court Records.
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Hamako-chan's Avatar
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eminence <3
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Oh god, don't tell me Mr. Sahwit is in the movie... D=

And yeah, Apollo's Perceiving is... pretty tough to spot in general. You'd literally have to look very carefully. @_@ [took me a while to spot Laminor's swallowing habit]
Oh god yes, Mr Sahwit is indeed in the movie, and he looks exceptionally similar to his game counterpart xD
__________________

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.