The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Favorite B2W2 gym leader?
Cheren 16 10.88%
Roxie 37 25.17%
Burgh 8 5.44%
Elesa 22 14.97%
Clay 8 5.44%
Skyla 26 17.69%
Drayden 12 8.16%
Marlon 18 12.24%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
vlay
Picnicker

Nature: Timid
I voted for Marlon. He great and I like the animated sprite so cool
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

Nature: Quirky
favorites are roxie and clay, roxie may change after i play but always liked clay. least favorite is burgh hes too goofy looking, plus he didnt want to pressure plasma on bw lol i wanted them arrested right there
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I don't have a favorite.
My least favorite is Marlon. I find him to be incredibly annoying.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Correspondence

My favorite is roxie.Why?Because she's in a frikin' band!Plus i like her style.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I like Marlon,he's not weird
we both like swimming.
And I hate burgh,he looks really weird

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old October 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Nurse Joe
Welcome to the Pokémon Center.

Nature: Jolly
my favorite is Skyla, she is awesome :3

i like Burgh's gym theme but he is .... uhhhhh.... weird ?
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
After you get past the dialogue, Marlon's pretty cool.

I hate Cheren though, always have. Doesn't help that he uses like the most generic Pokemon ever.
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

My favorites are Drayden and Cheren.
Cheren: Because he's very...well...there. He helps you a lot in stopping Team Plasma, and though I hated him in B/W, he's one of my favorite Gym Leaders in BW2.

Drayden: He seems very down-to-earth...and he set up one heck of an epic gym! It was fun to battle him as well!
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Roxie and Skyla are pretty cool! Roxie's in a band and she's really spunky! Skyla is really fun and has awesome gym puzzles!

My least favorite, I'd have to say Marlon. For the final gym leader, he was just too easy. I guess that fits his laid-back personality, but I wish he put up more of a challenge. I mean, I like his personality, and his gym puzzle is neat, but as an actual gym leader, I don't care for him that much.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Skyla is still by far my favorite. I still hate Clay......had to fight him 5 times before I won and that was by pure luck.
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:59 AM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
Roxie's my favorite because she's the easiest gym leader to fight and the rock concert aspect of her gym.

Cheren and Drayden are my least favorite gym leaders. Cheren because he's the hardest first gym leader in the series (since i was doing a generation run and did not want to use Riolu since everyone was using that pokemon) Drayden mostly because you don't have a good ice or dragon type to deal with his dragons (also his trainers in the gym are hard to fight)

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cataclysmic
A New Adventure

Nature: Calm
My favorite is definitely Marlon! He's right up there with Sabrina in terms of all time favorites now. Elesa is probably my 2nd favorite, but Roxie is up there too. My least favorite is probably Clay.
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:19 AM
zid_sen
The Sacred Thunder of Aselis

Nature: Lonely
Favorite : Elesa
She is became natural and beautiful! And her glamour is gimme a shining beauty!

Least : Marlon
He is just an idiot,freak and weird man that easy to kill! Only leaf blade make all of his pokemon K.O!

Thanks to Rambagos in Pokemon Stars
For The Signature
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Favorite: Skyla (Who doesn't love Skyla?)

Least Favorite: Marlon (that douchebag Jellicent of his... always spamming Recover... based on my team, that was a long, tough battle.)
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:29 AM
BassBlood
Bass Player Extraordinaire

Roxie is definitively my favourite Gym Leader. I love Rock and as you can tell from my username, I play bass. And Venipede might be my favourite bug type, so the fact that her bass is styled after one just made me love her.
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:43 AM
DragoShock101
Unhatched Egg

My fave is Elesa.....sooooo cuuuute......*Drooling*.....Where!? Who?! Uhhhh....Nothing....

My least fave, although I love them all, is Burgh, though his Gym is awesome, the theme creeps me out at first.....
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Since I'm a huge metal fan, and like others mentioned, my favorite gym is with Roxie! She rocks. Every time I play I always go back and listen to the song, over and over again.

The least I enjoyed was with Clay, at the Driftveil gym, for starters I got lost in the gym's maze - I ended up back at the start 4 times before reaching leader. After every defeat was the same struggle finding my way around. it was the gym leader that I also struggled the most with, lost 16 times in a row before victory.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My favourite is without a doubt Roxie. She's exactly what I'd be like as a gym leader (maybe with a gender change!) and she uses my favourite typing, plus she has some really cool Pokémon to fight in her gym so it definitely was a favourite of mine. It was also nice not having to do a stupidly complicated and annoying puzzle to get to her for once, and the music in her gym was awesome n.n Plus in the story she seemed really nice and pretty tough so she rates high in my books. As for least favourite, it's Elesa. I just really don't like the whole show-off nature of her gym... it kind of irritates me haha. Plus her Pokémon are easy are really boring to fight, so I'm not a fan of her at all.
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Konvict
Embrace The End

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konvict Send a message via Yahoo to Konvict
Elesa, for a number of reasons. Them being..

1) Getting to take on and beat Pokeverse!Lady Gaga is fun.
2) She was the first gym leader since G1 who I've had to rebattle twice to beat (damn flying squirrel - to be fair, it was partly my own fault, but still..)
3) HOT. DAMN. ._.

PM me if you wish to duel. My YM is seto_byakuya.
Brought to you by Konvicted Productions.
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:59 PM
scprepschool

Not really feeling roxie as much as everyone else but i do believe she has a better plave as maybe a 6th or 7th gym leader. Marlons my favorite just would have liked to battle him woth 6 pokemon not 3 or 4 and would have loved some dual typing if his team would have beeen like
Carracosta
Ludicolo
Mantine
Lapras
That pink thing that evolves from feebas

Vaporeon
I would have been uber satisfied he would of probably been my favorite of all regions

you gotta know that I adore you
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't like Burgh at all really. One of my favorites has to be Marlon, he talks different which makes him stand out imo. He doesn't make long speeches about the relationship between Pokemon and trainers when you beat him (I think?)

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old November 28th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Batel
A nothing.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Batel
Roxie's all there in terms of not only being a Gym Leader, but the lead singer for a band that's (in game) supposed to be totally completely stupendously awesome. She's pretty young and yet her message is a good one: You can split responsibility, but only if you can handle it! It ain't easy! That really resonated with me and made me think she was a pretty cool leader. Thus, she's my favorite Leader in B2/W2.

For the love of Mike, why is Marlon so... Vacant? Unlike some gym leaders who are missing due to taking on duties or personal agendas(Misty's date, Roark's mining, Giovanni's... scheming?), Marlon is more or less described as constantly swimming off for no real reason. As far as I can remember, he doesn't even /give/ a reason. It may be true that other Leaders skive off for relatively weak reasons when they should really be in the Gym doing their job, but Marlon takes this to a whole new level. The first time you meet him, he's been swimming around. Then, right after you beat him, he /again/ vacates his position to go and /swim around/. Finally, I feel his dialogue speaks for itself. This is not a gym leader, I truly want to know /how/ he became a gym leader from all of the work he doesn't do(the whole trifle with Team Plasma doesn't count because he did that on a whim).

Stupid freaky fish guy. >_______>
-- Synth
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
I like Marlon a.k.a Smiley Swimsuit :3

I like his careless spirit and the fact he's got a cool looking gym theme, which is a very big improvement from previous water gyms.

Also, defeating him was a cakewalk with my Ampharos and Roserade.
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM
scprepschool

Yea.. Marlon wasnt tough at all. I love the fact that he is so care free ( admitting it did strike me as odd why he wouldnt help with team plasma ) but it makes more sense then some would think. To be on a coastal rim especially right down the road from a rich society such as undella ( im guessing due to the see-through to the sea floors in the houses ) that humila ( however its spelled ) is even more lavish. He completely devotes his life to the ocean, which would also show why he is the 8th gym leader because he is just like his pokemon which means he is probably way more fine tuned to what needs to be done ( it all also can kind of play in with what N wants - the pokemon living beside humans outside of pokeballs ) I just imagine him in the ocean swimming with wailord and carracosta.
still...
I wish he would of been more of a challenge and also more of a presence earlier in the story so the player would be more used to his attitude before he turns down helping foil plasma

you gotta know that I adore you
Old December 17th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Game_sloth
That guy

Nature: Hasty
Had to say Burgh. The cool artist that constantly disappears from his gym. He became my favorite gym leader in b/w due to his roll in the story. Him, Clay, and Iris played the big gym leader rolls in the story and idk.. Burgh was just the coolest one.

The least favorite is Clay, though. Just because he is the only one that ever takes more than one try for me to beat with vigorous training in between attempts.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links