The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old September 21st, 2012 (03:54 PM).
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Here's my stuff, all made by Paint Tool SAI. And that I am kind of getting sick of how I lack in poses and the background, but here they are:

Beedrill is Fully Developed.png

Esper holding a Torchic.jpg

Lineart of Lampent Gijinka.png

Lineart of Flygon+Vibrava.jpg

Vulpix Evolves.png
Old September 27th, 2012 (05:47 PM).
Sheep
still a foot model

Nature: Timid
I really like your style! It's very bright and cheerful. n_n Though I definitely think you're a little confused with your light source; can't really tell where it's coming from right now.

Try to work a little more on depth and texture too, especially on things like leaves and trees! In the Kakuna/Beedrill picture especially, the tree looks a little strange since you basically drew a lot of lines and added some soft brush effects over it. References will help a lot for things like these, since I know textures of trees in particular can be difficult!

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 LV
Old October 25th, 2012 (12:38 PM). Edited October 25th, 2012 by Volcanix769.
Volcanix769

You are right with me being confused with the light source, because sometimes I tend to make things pop out a bit, and I barely work with the trees. And I'll try to look at other work with Paint Tool SAI.
Old November 6th, 2012 (04:03 PM). Edited December 5th, 2012 by Volcanix769.
Volcanix769

Here's another drawing of mine, the last one I worked on. Especially Bianca. o3o
Old November 28th, 2012 (06:20 PM). Edited December 5th, 2012 by Volcanix769.
Volcanix769

A month since I drew. My pose was somewhat inspired by somebody though, but I've been kind of practicing.
Old December 5th, 2012 (07:37 AM).
Volcanix769

I updated some of my drawings!
Old December 5th, 2012 (08:06 PM).
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
your artwork style is very cool. i enjoyed looking at them (: some of the drawings are too light. i would try adding some darker colors to give it more of a variety. also, the hands on some of the drawings are a little weird so those might need some work (i'm sure they're hard to do!) i can't wait to see more artwork. jealous of your talent~

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old December 6th, 2012 (03:46 AM).
Volcanix769

Well for the light colors, I kind of like doing it though.
Old December 6th, 2012 (08:28 AM).
q_byrd03

Nature: Adamant
Wow, Volcanix769 i too love the bright coloring and your style those are some beautiful arts .
Old December 6th, 2012 (12:15 PM).
Volcanix769

Thanks. But next time, I'll try to tone down the lighting slightly.
Old December 31st, 2012 (09:26 AM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Hi Volcanix, not sure if you check back here very often, or if you have anything else planned, but I thought I'd point out some things I like anyway.

First off, I like the Beedrill evolution picture because it is realistic. Not the style, of course, but the idea. It's just like the way Metapod evolved in the first season of Pokemon (I think some Beedrill evoled the same way, but my memory's shakier there). It reminds me of when the anime used to try harder to consider how certain Pokemon evolved. Now, or at least when I stopped watching it, everything glows white and morphs, there's no sense of realism anymore. Even eggs stopped hatching and just changed shape into the Pokemon in question, unlike Togepi. Having said that, I'm glad you stuck with the sensible way of cocoon evolution. It's just so natural and, well, right.

I also like the Jolteon and Quilava picture. I get that there's a sense of danger or urgency. I also like the way the Jolteon looks, could be interesting to see more of it (I can't tell what gender it is looking at it, though).

I also couldn't help but notice the Wingull legs in the picture next to it, however. It just stands out to me, because that's not the way birds legs work. Birds legs bend backwards as opposed to forwards, I'd doodle a stick figure example if I knew that you'd see it. But check online for some images perhaps of birds in flight? There may not be any helpful ones, so I suppose a video that captures flight in slowmo would get you what you want. And as far as Wingull in particular goes, I'm not even sure you see the legs at all when it's flying, which could cut out the hassle, but I don't remember. Probably best to check out the leg anatomy anyway just for your own personal reference. It never hurts to have more information on your side!

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 31st, 2012 (10:03 AM). Edited December 31st, 2012 by Volcanix769.
Volcanix769

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Hi Volcanix, not sure if you check back here very often, or if you have anything else planned, but I thought I'd point out some things I like anyway.

I also like the Jolteon and Quilava picture. I get that there's a sense of danger or urgency. I also like the way the Jolteon looks, could be interesting to see more of it (I can't tell what gender it is looking at it, though).
Oh, Jolt the Jolteon and Quil the Quilava is a male. xD. And I'll upload a drawing on Friday, since I haven't drew anything for a month. And thanks for pointing it out. This was my latest drawing. I may draw a Flaaffy Gijinka later, but here is the draft of it:

Old January 7th, 2013 (11:53 AM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

That's pretty cute. Flaaffy was always one of my favorites. I also like the one that's hidden in the BG. You seem to be pretty good at this, or at the least getting a feel for it. Keep at it for as long as you'd like, and who knows where you'll end up. :)

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links