The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I think you should have encounters with dragon type, or dragon related pokemon similar like how you battle Lugia, Oh-Ho, Lapras, or snorlax and even if you don't have pokeballs or anything you keep the pokemon after defeating it? Maybe a pokeball, but it's in your key items or something along the lines of that? Thoughts?

Last edited by Al3X; September 15th, 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Thoughts?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
kkj1116
New Account: jwibagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishAurum View Post
I can't wait to play this on my youtube channel! It has my name in it!
I'll let you know whenever I release a playable beta.
Related: I'm planning to do a video showcasing a significantly edited map once I get a bit more of to-do list items crossed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
I think you should have encounters with dragon type, or dragon related pokemon similar like how you battle Lugia, Oh-Ho, Lapras, or snorlax and even if you don't have pokeballs or anything you keep the pokemon after defeating it? Maybe a pokeball, but it's in your key items or something along the lines of that? Thoughts?
I'm guessing that you are asking for Event Pokemon that can be somehow caught.
That seems to be a better idea than random NPC's handing out Pokemon.
I think I will run with your suggestion with some Pokemon (as Charmander obviously should be given by Elm).

As for the Key Item Balls, I'll have to think out the details when I'm actually working on that part of the game. Right now I'm doing some easy editing with map tools while learning some rudimentary Assembly.. I've been so busy and heaped with stuff that I didn't have time to work on the hack until today.
Be sure to check my new account for my next Generation II hack!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
MattyJ
Serial Procrastinator

Nature: Brave
Personally, I feel that you should stick with the 'original' 251 Pokemon - from the time before GSC and RBY. As you said in one of your posts, that way you won't have to explain their 'disappearance' from the region afterwards. One thing's for sure - this hack is certainly looking interesting!!
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkj1116 View Post
I'm guessing that you are asking for Event Pokemon that can be somehow caught.
That seems to be a better idea than random NPC's handing out Pokemon.
I think I will run with your suggestion with some Pokemon (as Charmander obviously should be given by Elm).

As for the Key Item Balls, I'll have to think out the details when I'm actually working on that part of the game. Right now I'm doing some easy editing with map tools while learning some rudimentary Assembly.. I've been so busy and heaped with stuff that I didn't have time to work on the hack until today.
Yeah that's what I meant, I'm horrible in scripting, I knew there was a word for it but couldn't place my finger on it.
Anyways a userbar for this hack would be awesome, I would so have it in my signature. I'd make you one but I'm horrible at that too.

Old October 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
kkj1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
Anyways a userbar for this hack would be awesome, I would so have it in my signature. I'd make you one but I'm horrible at that too.
I'd be glad if anyone could make me that. However I'd feel a little sheepish because there are no alphas nor betas in my hack, and to be honest it isn't going to be out-of-the-water even when completed.

I seriously feel annoyed at myself because I have other priorities in my real life, although I'd rather be spending time on learning how to properly hack. Once I make substantial progress I think I will ask around here (I know there have been graphics resource "shops" where you request something and they make one for you).

Thanks for the positive feedback! I will not quit although many people have done so because of life priorities.
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:12 PM
VoltraK
Not Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
pretty epic

8ut there's alot of tight spaces I'vve noticed

Friend Code Platinum - 0775 4507 1337
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM
kkj1116

Here is an update post so that the thread is not closed:
I have been working on this hack for a bit..
But, due to the extremely busy nature of my schedule, I have put this hack in hiatus.
I will be back working on this hack around mid-December or January.
I will stick check the thread for any replies however.
Perhaps I will brainstorm better ideas in the meantime.
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:20 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Thread closed at the request of the owner!
Closed~

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here