The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:47 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Ok, here's the problem I've been facing in my SoulSilver. I cant' trade because I refuse to change my router security to WEP. I really want Kingdra for my team and haven't played it in so long because of this. I really want to play SoulSilver but what's the point if I can't get the Pokemon I want? Do you guy's have any suggestions on how to get the Pokemon since I can't get WiFi?
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
Ok, here's the problem I've been facing in my SoulSilver. I cant' trade because I refuse to change my router security to WEP. I really want Kingdra for my team and haven't played it in so long because of this. I really want to play SoulSilver but what's the point if I can't get the Pokemon I want? Do you guy's have any suggestions on how to get the Pokemon since I can't get WiFi?
The only obtainable method (I know) of getting Kingdra without Wi-fi is to trade with a friend locally. If you've got a friend, simply trade your Seadra holding its Dragon Scale with your friend for their pokemon, and then trade back.

Unfortunately, in HGSS, there is no means of obtaining Kingdra in-game without trading. (To my knowledge and research.) Sorry. Although there is a variety of other great water types available for capture In-Game throughout HGSS, so why not try one of those?
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
You can get a seadra here: whirl island 1F 4% super rod, whirl island B2 4%, super rod whirl island B2, surf, 10%, and seafoam island, super rod 5% and trade it to a friend!!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
You can get a seadra here: whirl island 1F 4% super rod, whirl island B2 4%, super rod whirl island B2, surf, 10%, and seafoam island, super rod 5% and trade it to a friend!!
I know where to get Horsea at, the thing is I don't have any friends where I'm at with a DS so I'm kinda screwed. Is there a WiFi adapter or something?
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:02 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
I know where to get Horsea at, the thing is I don't have any friends where I'm at with a DS so I'm kinda screwed. Is there a WiFi adapter or something?
There is and that's what I use it's called the 802.11 usb adapter!!
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:06 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
There is and that's what I use it's called the 802.11 usb adapter!!
Ok, so it works and allows me to get on WiFi even tho I got a WPA security? You know where I can get this adapter?
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:09 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Ok, so it works and allows me to get on WiFi even tho I got a WPA security? You know where I can get this adapter?
Well the cheapest place is (don't know if I'm allowed to say) ebay!! You can also buy them at radioshack and walmart and places like that!! I can PM you if you like??
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:14 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
Well the cheapest place is (don't know if I'm allowed to say) ebay!! You can also buy them at radioshack and walmart and places like that!! I can PM you if you like??
Do that please! I've been looking everywhere for the Nintendo adapter and couldn't find it but if there's another adapter that will work then I'll use it. This is only to get WiFi on my DS right? I don't need a USB to get WiFi on computers on need it for DS. That's why I'm asking if that's what it is.
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:15 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Pm coming as soon as I get there!!
Old September 27th, 2012, 10:55 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Ok I started a new SS game and would like to EV train my Cyndaquil in HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed but I don't know anywhere to EV train for Sp. Atk early in the game. Where should I train it for Sp. Atk? So far I've boosted its HP +2 stats and Speed +1 stat.
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Ok I started a new SS game and would like to EV train my Cyndaquil in HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed but I don't know anywhere to EV train for Sp. Atk early in the game. Where should I train it for Sp. Atk? So far I've boosted its HP +2 stats and Speed +1 stat.
You can battle Mareeps on the route south of Violet City,the Unowns in Ruins of Alph or Gastlys at night in the Sprout Tower for Special Attack. Hope this helped !
. :p
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Arcanine View Post
You can battle Mareeps on the route south of Violet City,the Unowns in Ruins of Alph or Gastlys at night in the Sprout Tower for Special Attack. Hope this helped !
Thank you it did! I knew about Gastly but since Mareeps are more likely to appear I can just skip the Sprout Tower until I'm done EV training my Cyndaquil. Prob gonna be at a high level so should I catch Mareep while I'm at it? Also It's nighttime so the games spamming Hoothoots. Should I get one of those as well? I've beat the game many times but wanna make a killer team.
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Quote:
Thank you it did! I knew about Gastly but since Mareeps are more likely to appear I can just skip the Sprout Tower until I'm done EV training my Cyndaquil. Prob gonna be at a high level so should I catch Mareep while I'm at it? Also It's nighttime so the games spamming Hoothoots. Should I get one of those as well? I've beat the game many times but wanna make a killer team.
You should catch Mareep,Ampharos is a beastly electric Pokemon . As for Noctowl, there are actually plenty of better more powerful flying types. On the same route you find Mareep, at night Zubats appear. Crobat, is speedy and poweful so if you want quick,unique attacker I'd reccomend this guy.

Or, if you can wait till Azalea and when you get Headbutt from the man in Ilex Forest, you can headbutt trees in Azalea to encounter Natu. Xatu specializes in Special Attack and can learn a huge variety of moves.

Noctowl can do some decent things like putting foes to sleep but I'd reccommend one of the above two since they have better typings,stats and moves .
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Arcanine View Post
You should catch Mareep,Ampharos is a beastly electric Pokemon . As for Noctowl, there are actually plenty of better more powerful flying types. On the same route you find Mareep, at night Zubats appear. Crobat, is speedy and poweful so if you want quick,unique attacker I'd reccomend this guy.

Or, if you can wait till Azalea and when you get Headbutt from the man in Ilex Forest, you can headbutt trees in Azalea to encounter Natu. Xatu specializes in Special Attack and can learn a huge variety of moves.

Noctowl can do some decent things like putting foes to sleep but I'd reccommend one of the above two since they have better typings,stats and moves .
I've used Crobat idk how many times so Xatu would be a first. It's also Psychic type so that's a plus. What time of the day for Natu to appear? I kinda figured you'd say yes to Mareep even tho I've used her lots of times but there's not a lot of electric Pokemon to choose from...
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Ah sorry ShinyUmbreon, apparently the earliest place you can capture Natu is the small patch of grass in Ruins of Alph which you need surf and strength to access. If you can wait that long for a flying type you can find it from 18-24. Just beware that anything under 23 knows teleport. It appears all day with a 90% chance.

If you don't want to wait that long I think there are other really decent early flying types out there you can pick from .
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:40 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

I can wait to get Surf. The question now is the nature for my Mareep. I'm gonna keep the game on looking at the stat til I get the right answer. I caught one with Mild nature. Do you suggest I get a different one? I saved the game so it's no biggie.
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Quote:
I can wait to get Surf. The question now is the nature for my Mareep. I'm gonna keep the game on looking at the stat til I get the right answer. I caught one with Mild nature. Do you suggest I get a different one? I saved the game so it's no biggie.
That's a great nature. In fact I actually think it's the best for Mareep , so yeah definitely keep him xD.
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Quote:
Mild raises Special Attack and lowers Defense. Mareep is special-based so I recommend you keep it.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old September 28th, 2012, 12:46 AM
ShinyUmbreon189

Anybody know quicker way's to EV train cos I'm starting to get really impatient beating endless Gastly's. So far I've only defeated 38 of them and raised my Sp. Atk 9 1/2. I don't got Pokerus or power items.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Not that I know of,sorry D: I guess EV training is one of the things you can't take a shortcut on .
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Anybody know quicker way's to EV train cos I'm starting to get really impatient beating endless Gastly's. So far I've only defeated 38 of them and raised my Sp. Atk 9 1/2. I don't got Pokerus or power items.
Sorry, but thats the only way to EV train. You should probably just go on and complete the game because later you will find more pokemon that gives more EVs.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old September 28th, 2012, 12:28 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Sorry, but thats the only way to EV train. You should probably just go on and complete the game because later you will find more pokemon that gives more EVs.
But doing that's gonna jack up they're EV's. I guess it just takes patience.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Castform

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Why can't I access wi-fi on my SS game? I can on my white version. Do I have a bad copy?
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
ShinyUmbreon189

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
Why can't I access wi-fi on my SS game? I can on my white version. Do I have a bad copy?
What type of router security do you have; WEP or WPA?
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Castform

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Quote:
What type of router security do you have; WEP or WPA?

It is WPS. I have a Centurylink Modem.

Sponsored Links