The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #601    
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
theyre deffinately gonna make one. they came out with a remake of FRLG when the RSE came out. (gen 1) then they came out with a remake of HGSS right before BW (gen 2) so you see the pattern? (they make a remake after every new game.) so theyre deffinately going to make one after B2W2.
XD As stated by others, 2 does not make a pattern. Also Gens 1 and 2 needed remaking because both games were not able to connect to the other games, which Gen 3 still can right now.

We don't know if they plan on continue remaking games after Masuda's last interview where he admitted that they didn't plan any patterns, the games just came out that way. We believe or hope that they will. That's pretty much all we have to hold onto.
  #602    
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:03 PM
oshawottlover13's Avatar
oshawottlover13
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
theyre deffinately gonna make one. they came out with a remake of FRLG when the RSE came out. (gen 1) then they came out with a remake of HGSS right before BW (gen 2) so you see the pattern? (they make a remake after every new game.) so theyre deffinately going to make one after B2W2.
XD As stated by others, 2 does not make a pattern. Also Gens 1 and 2 needed remaking because both games were not able to connect to the other games, which Gen 3 still can right now.

We don't know if they plan on continue remaking games after Masuda's last interview where he admitted that they didn't plan any patterns, the games just came out that way. We believe or hope that they will. That's pretty much all we have to hold onto.
No the pattern was that they made a remake after every new game. I think they are making remakes to bring back classics for more fun. Everyone likes the older games.
__________________
<When Whitney sends out Miltank

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
  #603    
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:09 PM
soopaord's Avatar
soopaord
Togepi
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: IL
Age: 22
Gender: Male
If remakes ever do come out, I do hope they have a "GBA Sounds" like the "GC sounds" for HGSS.

The RSE soundtrack is my fav next to RBGY.
__________________
  #604    
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
No the pattern was that they made a remake after every new game. I think they are making remakes to bring back classics for more fun. Everyone likes the older games.
I'm not entirely sure about that. Now that I think about it , gen 1 and 2 needed a remake to easily get pokemon. Now one could argue it is difficult to get all the hoen pokemon to complete the Pokedex and I can Attest to that as I've completed the national Pokedex in my white version , of course I had a 3ds a DS light pokemon sapphire , emerald,leaf green , heartgold , soul silver , pearl , platinum , white , Japanese white ,pokemon black and over 400 hours of free time lol.

So there is a need for a new hoen based game, but does it Necessarily have to be a remake? That's really the question , is it really a pattern if its Necessary?
  #605    
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian
you burn with us
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
No the pattern was that they made a remake after every new game. I think they are making remakes to bring back classics for more fun. Everyone likes the older games.
I think Xander is trying to say Masuda implied that there is no pattern with the game releases and remakes, it was merely coincidence and there were certain necessities.

/disappears from this thread forever
__________________
Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be
If we met at midnight in the hanging tree

paired to peeta
  #606    
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
I'm not entirely sure about that. Now that I think about it , gen 1 and 2 needed a remake to easily get pokemon. Now one could argue it is difficult to get all the hoen pokemon to complete the Pokedex and I can Attest to that as I've completed the national Pokedex in my white version , of course I had a 3ds a DS light pokemon sapphire , emerald,leaf green , heartgold , soul silver , pearl , platinum , white , Japanese white ,pokemon black and over 400 hours of free time lol.

So there is a need for a new hoen based game, but does it Necessarily have to be a remake? That's really the question , is it really a pattern if its Necessary?
Between whats in the new games and what I already owned, I've already completed the Hoenndex. I'm maybe missing one starter, but other than that I've easily completed that dex thanks to all the events in HG/SS and D/P/Pt.

Oh I am missing Deoxys but that's hardly worth a remake for especially since Deoxys was released with FR/LG.

About 50ish percent of the Hoenn Pokemon are available in B/W and even more in B2W2 barring Legends which are events in HG/SS

B2W2 is only missing the Starters (Which you can get in HG/SS) Poochyena (White Forest), Zigzagoon, Wurmple (white Forest), Nincada, Whismur (White Forest), Torkoal, Duskull, Chimecho (Abundant Shrine), Snorunt, and the Weather Trio (HG/SS)

So more than 50% is catchable between Gen 4 and Gen 5. Not to mention most except a few choice ones, the Starters, and Weather Trio are also available in the Dream World.



Only reason to remake Hoenn at this point is to update the story and graphics (latter would also be reason for another R/B remake)((Funnily enough I told this to a manager at Gamestop and ended up getting a rant on how and why they should remake Yellow XD))

But as for my reason for posting, Pokemon isn't a reason for a remake as almost all are available. Though they don't really need to remake any game at all. They just do it for the money.
  #607    
Old September 27th, 2012, 07:53 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Between whats in the new games and what I already owned, I've already completed the Hoenndex. I'm maybe missing one starter, but other than that I've easily completed that dex thanks to all the events in HG/SS and D/P/Pt.

Oh I am missing Deoxys but that's hardly worth a remake for especially since Deoxys was released with FR/LG.

About 50ish percent of the Hoenn Pokemon are available in B/W and even more in B2W2 barring Legends which are events in HG/SS

B2W2 is only missing the Starters (Which you can get in HG/SS) Poochyena (White Forest), Zigzagoon, Wurmple (white Forest), Nincada, Whismur (White Forest), Torkoal, Duskull, Chimecho (Abundant Shrine), Snorunt, and the Weather Trio (HG/SS)

So more than 50% is catchable between Gen 4 and Gen 5. Not to mention most except a few choice ones, the Starters, and Weather Trio are also available in the Dream World.



Only reason to remake Hoenn at this point is to update the story and graphics (latter would also be reason for another R/B remake)((Funnily enough I told this to a manager at Gamestop and ended up getting a rant on how and why they should remake Yellow XD))

But as for my reason for posting, Pokemon isn't a reason for a remake as almost all are available. Though they don't really need to remake any game at all. They just do it for the money.
Are you just talking gen 3 remakes? I thought we needed gen 1 an 2 remakes to get pokemon that wasn't able to be caught in gen 3 and 4. And i don't think they do it just for a cash grab. The remakes they made were of good quality. To this date heartgold is my favorite pokemon game. The only thing is I wish it had some of gen 5 mechanics ( such as reusable TM's) and faster battles
  #608    
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
CthulhuIsMyPokemon
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Not sure if it's been brought up or if I'm even in the right Remake conversation but they need to remake the classics yellow, red and blue for 3ds. I'd buy them all.

Last edited by CthulhuIsMyPokemon; September 27th, 2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: misspell
  #609    
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
rocky505's Avatar
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parrish, AL
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Red and blue(leaf green) were already remade. Right now only RSE need to be remade. We have had Kanto too much. Thank god there's no sign of it in 5th gen.
__________________
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
  #610    
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
@MrGriszell

Yes I was speaking about Gen 3 remakes. Gen 1 and 2 we needed. Gen 3 we don't. If everyone is saying the only reason we need Gen 3 remakes is because of older Pokemon, then we don't need Gen 3 remakes at all as you can get all(cept Deoxys) of the Hoenn Pokemon between Diamond/Pearl and Black2/White2. (Time not just those four games lol)

Gens 2 and 4 Kanto still don't count. No real story. Only point of them being there was to not extend Johto anymore than a little bit and to give a reason to battle Red. 4/5ths of anything considered a story is Johto based. Barely anything existed in what was left of Kanto which really isn't much at all. They could have easily done without Kanto.

Only reason Gen 3 needs any sort of update is cause of story. That's the only thing that gets altered that isn't graphic related. Anything graphic related can be carried over to support Gen 1 remakes/updates again.
  #611    
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM
oshawottlover13's Avatar
oshawottlover13
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
i do agree that gen 1 and 2 were needed. but they could make gen 3 where they can have things happen at only a certain point making it easy for everyone to get all of the pokemon in gen 3. people never experienced having every legendary. like latios AND latias. and it was hard to trade using a link cable. (that was a horrible idea XD) and deoxys and jirachi. like you could only get deoxys or jirachi after the elite four. and latias and latios after the eighth gym. good idea? i understand if its not.
__________________
<When Whitney sends out Miltank

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
  #612    
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Thomas's Avatar
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lafayette, LA
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Maybe we don't need it, but there are new Pokemon fans every day. We've played the game, and now it's their turn. Remember, its been almost ten years since those games were originally released. These 6,7,8,9,10 year olds may have never gotten to play those games.

But the bottom line is these series makes money. Its about the money. If they can update a game and put a full price tag on it. They will.
__________________
  #613    
Old September 28th, 2012, 08:08 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Maybe we don't need it, but there are new Pokemon fans every day. We've played the game, and now it's their turn. Remember, its been almost ten years since those games were originally released. These 6,7,8,9,10 year olds may have never gotten to play those games.

But the bottom line is these series makes money. Its about the money. If they can update a game and put a full price tag on it. They will.
While money is important for a bussiness , game freak is not the type to put a game out there just for the money. If they put something out its because they believe its a good fun quality game, and its because of that they make tons of money. I think it's because satoshi tajiri has a form of Autism. What I mean by that is , the world we live in is full of bad influences and mostly all the that rubs off on children who grow up to care only about money cough cough ( Mitt Romney) but I think because of his situation he focused on something that he loved and he wanted to bring that to every one.Pokémon Red and Green took six years to produce, and nearly bankrupted Game Freak in the process; often, there was barely enough money to pay the employees.Five employees quit, and Tajiri did not take a salary, instead living off of his father's income.Investment from Creatures Inc. allowed Game Freak to complete the games, and in return, Creatures received one-third of the franchise rights.

I'm telling you I have great respect for this guy and what he has created.

So if some type of remake comes out ,we can Guarantee its gonna be a Superior quality game
  #614    
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
Why do you refuse to buy a 3DS? I keep seeing this, mostly from people who think the 3DS is another "Super DS". The 3DS is a totally new system. It is not an upgraded DS like the DSLite and DSi. It is pretty much like a handheld Wii.
Actually, the power level's nestled between those of the Gamecube and the Wii
  #615    
Old September 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM
soopaord's Avatar
soopaord
Togepi
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: IL
Age: 22
Gender: Male
For the people who think Masuda will announce Hoenn at Smash...
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1425

Quote:
Masuda Appears for a 'Pokémon B2W2' Battle Lecture!
__________________
  #616    
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
That's even worse than a surprise event D=

I want some random legendary giveaway now!
  #617    
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:00 PM
rocky505's Avatar
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Parrish, AL
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I'd rather have battrio than that lmao.
__________________
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
  #618    
Old September 29th, 2012, 02:57 AM
~Dreamscape~'s Avatar
~Dreamscape~
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
What a pity!

So I'm sure the next games will be annouced next year very early like they did with BW and BW2.
  #619    
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
What kinda special features would you guys want ? Which characters from other generations would you like to see?
Personally I'd like an enhanced menu that we saw in HG/SS along with the follow me feature. Also I'd think it be cool if we saw some of the Seven Sages we didn't see in BW2. I think it was said they were strong trainers collected from many different regions , maybe one of them was from Hoen. I would also like some post game side story that gives more story to Archie and Max. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible after you become champion you can watch over your fathers gym( let's say every Friday) and take on challengers kinda like the battle facility? Also I would want them to comment on the timeline such as The events in R/B taking place years ago.

Think about it can kinda be a R/B remake to. You know how in HG/SS you have rematches with the gym leaders after you get there numbers? Well instead of a PWT like in BW2 we meet Kanto leaders around hoen post game. The thing is they would be part of the post game plot. So once you finish there story they could give you there number for a rematch. But get this they would have updated appearances ( look older or at least different clothing) and during there side quest , we can be shown flashbacks( memory link style) to show us what's happening in Kanto (X) amount of years after gen 2

Something like this would be awesome
  #620    
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
What kinda special features would you guys want ? Which characters from other generations would you like to see?
Personally I'd like an enhanced menu that we saw in HG/SS along with the follow me feature. Also I'd think it be cool if we saw some of the Seven Sages we didn't see in BW2. I think it was said they were strong trainers collected from many different regions , maybe one of them was from Hoen. I would also like some post game side story that gives more story to Archie and Max. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible after you become champion you can watch over your fathers gym( let's say every Friday) and take on challengers kinda like the battle facility? Also I would want them to comment on the timeline such as The events in R/B taking place years ago.

Think about it can kinda be a R/B remake to. You know how in HG/SS you have rematches with the gym leaders after you get there numbers? Well instead of a PWT like in BW2 we meet Kanto leaders around hoen post game. The thing is they would be part of the post game plot. So once you finish there story they could give you there number for a rematch. But get this they would have updated appearances ( look older or at least different clothing) and during there side quest , we can be shown flashbacks( memory link style) to show us what's happening in Kanto (X) amount of years after gen 2

Something like this would be awesome
Bottom part would be cool cept general knowledge right now has R/S/E happening at the same time as R/B/Y. Also if we met the Sages we wouldn't know them as they could be a bit younger or have different sprites.

I think they'd just keep the Battle Frontier as the main Post game attraction for R/S/E. Only enhancements I want are with the Decorating your own Secret base.
  #621    
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:26 PM
soopaord's Avatar
soopaord
Togepi
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: IL
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Anyone know why the Hoenn Trainer Battle Music is in BW2? More subtle hints?
http://youtu.be/AAdNIs3XUKU

I wanna say it's fan made, but the description says "All audio and visual content in this video is property of Nintendo / GameFreak."
__________________

Last edited by soopaord; September 30th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
  #622    
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Kranic's Avatar
Kranic
What did you say about my hair
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
All I can ask for is a secret base.
Maybe have it so it could work without having to connect to people, through the 3DS passby feature, or whatever it's called.

It would be pretty neat to see random people's bases.
  #623    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranic View Post
All I can ask for is a secret base.
Maybe have it so it could work without having to connect to people, through the 3DS passby feature, or whatever it's called.

It would be pretty neat to see random people's bases.
@Kranic: It's called StreetPass. And I wouldn't mind the return of the Pokéwalker's functionality via this feature either, but I don't know if Nintendo would want GameFreak to do that or not…
  #624    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
@Kranic: It's called StreetPass. And I wouldn't mind the return of the Pokéwalker's functionality via this feature either, but I don't know if Nintendo would want GameFreak to do that or not…
Nintendo doesn't micro manage GF like that. They only own 1/3 of the company along with creatures inc. and even tho nintendo owns creAtures companies usually let their Subsidiaries run with creative control
  #625    
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
C Payne's Avatar
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Va
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Bottom part would be cool cept general knowledge right now has R/S/E happening at the same time as R/B/Y. Also if we met the Sages we wouldn't know them as they could be a bit younger or have different sprites.

I think they'd just keep the Battle Frontier as the main Post game attraction for R/S/E. Only enhancements I want are with the Decorating your own Secret base.
I'm not even going to try to get into a full-blown argument about how the timeline doesn't necessarily have to be full law but...even if the sages or whomever appeared post game, it doesn't necessarily have to be a complete canon one; look at the Hoenn leaders in BW2 as an example, none appear to have aged at all despite said games taking place how many years later? If they really wanted it to mean full law, they would more than likely make all changes. Either that or Hoenn doesn't have an official place yet.

As for features, I'm still thinking over what other uses secret bases will have. I'm also one looking forward to seeing a mossdeep rocket launch in 3d.
__________________
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.