Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 6th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
khkramer

Wow, you really are making some good progress :D

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old June 6th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
BrakeNeck

Nature: Jolly
This is quite impressive. This is a project I will definitely be watching.

Current Challenges
Ultimate Monotype-Fire
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread-Arcanine
Old July 27th, 2012 (03:06 AM).
Bramvdh
Unhatched Egg

Supporting this project, it looks very promising.
Old July 27th, 2012 (08:58 AM).
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Whoa, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. This looks fantastic, and I'll definitely be watching this project.

So trading will be possible between characters? Also, what about the legendary Pokemon? Will they appear in the game? Will they be only catchable once by every trainer, or just once, meaning that if someone catches it, other players won't be able to?

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old September 29th, 2012 (06:37 PM).
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
This is Impressive. I've known games similar-ish to this idea, but this one seems the most polished. Out of curiosity, will it have an offline mode too?
Old October 11th, 2012 (01:24 AM).
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

Quote originally posted by LightningAlex:
Whoa, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. This looks fantastic, and I'll definitely be watching this project.

So trading will be possible between characters? Also, what about the legendary Pokemon? Will they appear in the game? Will they be only catchable once by every trainer, or just once, meaning that if someone catches it, other players won't be able to?
I can't answer those questions yet, once we are completely done with the game engine we can start thinking on that.

Quote originally posted by Anglican:
This is Impressive. I've known games similar-ish to this idea, but this one seems the most polished. Out of curiosity, will it have an offline mode too?
Only online :p

There are lots of update being made, I'll re-do the main thread very soon to show the new stuff.

Meanwhile I was testing these cursors, and will probably use them :p

If you're interested in our project give your suggestions here or hop in our chat PokeNation - Chat or forum PokeNation - Forum

Old October 23rd, 2012 (04:08 AM).
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

Pokemon implementation on both server and client almost done.

Old October 24th, 2012 (02:05 AM).
Imags
Unhatched Egg

Does this mean that we soon can play the game?
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:09 AM).
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

Quote originally posted by Imags:
Does this mean that we soon can play the game?
Not soon but we MIGHT open beta before Christmas :p

Another little update:

Old October 25th, 2012 (02:49 AM).
Imags
Unhatched Egg

Wow it looks really awesome! :D I will defently try it out.
Old November 2nd, 2012 (05:56 PM).
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Looks impressive again! If it's released before christmas, it could be an early christmas present to anyone that wants to play!
Old November 10th, 2012 (05:47 AM).
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

Basic channel system, I'm typing really slow in the gif xd

Old November 11th, 2012 (03:29 PM).
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

STRAIGHT FROM OUR UPDATE LOG @ http://www.pokenation.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?30-Update-Log

As promised we will keep the update log updated.

So, today Polish has continued his work on Battle Interface. We aim to have the best battle screen among the other pokemon morpgs, which won't be that hard as their current battle screens are all too basic and static.

Note that he just started working on it, the pokemon are animated and he also already started working on move effects. The dimensions of the current screen are not final, this is just for testing.

And I've added the interface designed by Apples into the client which I'll finish tomorrow adding the server side of it.

Oh I almost forgot to say that Polish has been working hard on our current cache system, always trying to improve it here and there. At this moment it let us dynamically update the cache on startup without any major downloads, unlike many other games. And to those who don't know, when I say "cache", I'm talking about the resources that are saved in your computer (images, musics, etc).

Old November 12th, 2012 (05:58 PM).
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

nice! I like the battle interface, it looks good
Old November 20th, 2012 (01:49 PM).
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

Another update log, quoted straight from: http://www.pokenation.org/forum/showthread.php?555-20-11-12-Battle-Screen-preview

The animation effects are just for testing, nothing is tuned for the real battle.

_________

Today I lost a lot of time for my laggy computer but i can show you what I've done:

* Fixed positioning pokemons on their bases.
* Camera moving and resizing poke to whole screen ( still needs to be fixed cause of pokemon animations such as flying -,- but for most of them it works)
* Umm added some moving algorythms (you can see it when pokeicons are falling down)

That's all i think

So 99% of you guys dont want to see my ****** text with alot of grammar mistakes , so there ya go:

And prize ! I made a video! Weeeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQOBfqSHDNA&feature=youtu.be

STAPH! ! !
Just realized that i wrote only what I done now its time to write what Xavier done:

Yesterday(2 dayz ago :F), Xavier also added PM tabs in our chat to make private conversations easier. It's not fully tested, but it's working afaik.

The battle screen gui design is a result of many ideas shared in our chat (pokenation.org/chat/), feel free to appear there and contribute with your own ideas.

HIHIHI POLSKA KURDE!

Old November 23rd, 2012 (04:46 AM).
Imags
Unhatched Egg

Nice, love to see that this game really makes some good progress. Me and six of my friends are ready to play this. :D
Old December 16th, 2012 (12:43 PM). Edited December 16th, 2012 by Xavier_PokeNation.
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

New backgrounds filling the whole battle screen are coming soon

Also on wild battles we can't show a "opponent party", so I think small pokedex info about the wild pokemon can be placed in the side column.

(Just messing around with polish civil(pokenation developer) :p)

or without columns:

Old December 16th, 2012 (04:44 PM).
Prof Oakley
JourneyofPossibilities Creator

Nature: Quiet
I really like seeing the party in the columns. I also like it without, but then the spaces on the sides look weird? Just the way it is with the HP bar and such, it seems cramped on top and awkward.

I vote columns, but maybe taking the columns off when the moves are being done. Like after you choose the move you want to use (or item), the columns disappear and the move animations are shown, then it comes back when you choose your next move?

I don't think you should see pokedex information on a wild pokemon unless the info is already in your pokedex, maybe if you haven't caught the pokemon yet it says something like, "Not much is known about this pokemon." or "Catch this pokemon to learn more about it."

To sum up my opinion: I like the columns better, but the wild pokemon showing the dex information should only be shown if you have already caught it.

Really excited to play this game though, I hope I can soon (even if it's just a teensie taste).
The blog is the place for where I update in more blog form about those topics and my personal life as well.
~~~
Others
Game Guides on Hubpages, DeviantART, Wattpad (Stories)
Old December 18th, 2012 (03:25 PM).
MegamanDX
Pokemon/Megaman fan

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to MegamanDX
I have to say that i'm really suprized how fast development this project has been...

Im usually not a fan of MMO's because I perfer to install games on my computer due to the fact that most of the time,I dont have Internet access 'hence cant play em if you don't have internet access...But how the game looks and gameplay...I might actually give this a try...

I like this because this looks like what The Pokemon Company would make if they ever made a MMO....Seriously,this a really REALLY REALLY really epic game and this guy wish to play it when development finishes for it!!!
Old December 20th, 2012 (03:33 PM).
Xavier_PokeNation
Togepi

Thanks for the good comments, I really appreciate it!

Also, pokemon following was added:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links