• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal
As much as he tried, Teal couldn't sleep. He looked at the inside of his hat, staring at nothing, he felt a nudge at his arm and figured it was Vel. He pet her head and let her lay in his lap. "Yeah too bad." Teal tried to think of something to say, but he couldn't. "So uh, what was that roar earlier? Was quiet loud." He didn't care much but wanted to say something.

Kira
Kira walked down to the beach to get Kim, I can't do this race without Kim. She knew she was going to win the race, she just wanted to have a partner. When she got to the beach she saw Kim with Shadow, Kira sighed, "Kim, relaxing time is over, we are going to get weak if we start laying around like this." Kim stood up and levitated toward Kira. She bowed graciously and nodded. "Get that kid Seth's pokemon too, I doubt he should be loafing around either." Kim beckoned for Shadow to follow and followed Kira back to the clearing.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth
"Personally, I have no idea. I think it is a dragon type from either Johto or Unova, I am unfamiliar with both." Seth said. He felt Vel walk up, and heard Kira leaving.

Probably off to get Kim. Hope she can find Shadow to. Although, judging by how he was acting, he is most likely with Kim. Seth thought slightly dismayed.

Shadow
Shadow was disturbed by someone walking in. He tried to make himself invisible, but to no avail. He was no Kecleon, what was he thinking?

Once he heard Kira call for Kim, his eyes snapped open. He soon floated into the air, greeting the strangely normal trainer. Kim beconed him along, and he followed.

Back to Seth? Shadow asked Kim, who nodded the affirmative. Shadow simply followed as they went back to the forest clearing, thinking of how to best tackle the immense task at hand.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Takumi Ryuuhiko

Elizabeth's meowth seemed to be paying attention to that person Takumi got the strange feeling from earlier. And that guy was offering the Meowth a poffin. He's not sure if that student should be trusted. Something in his sixth sense just kept bugging him. But he'll leave it alone right now. It seemed like class was over.

But then Elizabeth wanted him to stay after class? What for? He had several ideas why but honestly, he'd be cooperative. He brought his complete pokeball up to Elizabeth along with his bag and waited as the other students had their pokeballs checked and were leaving the class.

"Well Ms. Elizabeth. What is it you'd like to talk with me about?" he asked.

N Harmonia Gropius

N saw the look on that Buneary's face as Olivia began trying to talk with her. He had a feeling this wouldn't end well. He looked up to Zoroark. The master of illusions jumped out of that desk and ran forward as Buneary let out that hyper voice. N covered his ears as Zoroark tacked Buneary to the ground and wrapped a clawed paw over the bunny-like pokemon's mouth to try and stop the hyper voice.

N lowered his hands from his ears. "As you can see class. Poor communication between a trainer and a pokemon can have very dire and harmful consequences. Perhaps it would be best to take this situation as an example to help yourselves learn from. Now if you will excuse me, I need to check on our fallen student and possibly get a nurse called down here."

And with that he quickly ran over to the fallen girl and tried to help her up. "Are you alright?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve Molyneux
Academy Grounds

Genevieve was worried and gradually starting to get more upset. She had no idea why Sapphire was acting the way she was today, and it really wasn't helping her already fragile and sensitive state. When the boy's lucario came back followed by a man Genevieve grew more nervous. She was terrified she was going to get in trouble, just as much as she was scared that the boy was extremely injured.

Though before she could open her mouth to say a word, Maxwell spoke up telling what had happened leaving out the fact that it was her Simipour. Taking a small shaky breath Genevieve stepped closer to Maxwell, though she was sure the man could figure out the Simipour was hers, from the guilt in her eyes, to the fact that it was obvious that she had been crying not long ago.

Rosalyn Smith
Academy Hallways

Rosalyn blushed more as Jimmy grabbed her hand as they moved quicker towards the source of the noises. As they stopped near the battle Rosalyn vaguely recognized Valorie, but didn't recognize the boy. One thing for sure though was that she got a bad feeling from him. Still keeping a hold of Jimmy's hand she stood slightly behind him though she could still see as Jazz stood slightly in front of her as well.

The Wartortle watching the battle excitedly but also wary of the Swampert. Rosalyn sighed a little and squeezed Jimmy's hand slightly "this battle looks epic." she whispered. "but...the boy gives me a bad feeling"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
AaronPortrait.png
Lucario.gif

Sir Aaron Reiki II & Lucario

Aaron was... Sore. Was that enough to describe it? Maybe not. He felt as if he'd just been hit by a Lairon stampede. Ouch. His stomach began to form a rather painful-looking welt. He attempted to lift himself only to find that any bend of his torso would only upset his injuries. Though, remarkably, he let out a faint chuckle. "Heh... Heh..." His voice was somewhat hazed by the attack, which made it sound only more soft. "I guess... We need to work on dodging, huh Lucario?" He tilted his head all the way back to see Charles among them now. Was he really out that long?

Lucario sighed in slight relief. Only Aaron would joke around after an injury like that. He hadn't looked up from Aaron since arriving with Charlie. Anyone paying close enough attention could see that the Lucario was actually beginning to cry.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

Tristen began running towards where the Aipom was being chased by the raging Tauros. Skarmory flew ahead of her, ready to execute any attack.

"Skarmory, Air Cutter!" Tristen spoke, still running behind him. Obediently, he launched himself through the air and bulleted towards the Tauros. Once he came in between the monkey pokemon and the bull pokemon, he stopped in midair and proceeded to flap his wings towards the Tauros, sending slices of air towards his face.

The Tauros was hit full force with the blast, thanks to the element of surprise. He stopped in his tracks, allowing the Aipom to run farther ahead and distance himself from the angry pokemon.

White hair flying wildly behind her, Tristen came to a stop a safe distance away from the small skirmish. She stopped just in time to see the Tauros charge Skarmory with a tackle attack.

Not bothering to call out another command, she simply watched to see what her pokemon would do in a situation on its own. "Skarmory--Independence." It was the word she had told her pokemon that meant that they had full control over their own decisions.

Skarmory understood, but not in time to dodge the tackle from the wild Tauros. He staggered back from the blow, and began to focus. He then began to accelerate in speed and circle the Tauros, executing the move Agility.

The Tauros wheeled around, trying to keep up with Skarmory's speed. Tristen could still discern a look of crazed rage in its eyes. That Aipom must've really pissed off that Tauros. She looked around for the small purple monkey. It was a good two hundred feet away from the battle, and it was looking directly at Tristen. She simply looked at it through the corner of her eye, not even bothering to turn her head.

Next, the Tauros charged again at Skarmory and missed, which gave the steel bird the opportunity to try his most recently learned move in battle. He dived in, grabbing the Tauros on its back with its hard talons and proceeded to lift it into the air. It was unexpectedly heavy for him, so he didn't get very high.

Tristen watched, her eyebrows pushed together as she watched. He was struggling to get more than fifty feet into the air; the Tauros was just too heavy. At last, Skarmory relented and let go of the beast, sending it towards the earth. It landed with a thud, and the Tauros appeared to be stunned momentarily. It wasn't terribly harmed, but it was confused and shocked.

Skarmory quickly began to lose altitude since most of his strength was spent on trying to carry the Tauros.

Deciding to retake control of the situation, Tristen called out, "Sand Attack." He obeyed and stirred up a cloud of dust that enveloped the Tauros.

Still slightly stunned from the move Sky Drop, the Tauros got up and hobbled away, attempting to leave the battle. Skarmory proceeded to follow it, when Tristen raised her hand in a "stop" signal. He nodded and returned to her side and watched as the Tauros left the battle looking slightly confused.

Raising a gloved hand, Tristen pat Skarmory on his beak. "Good--but we need to work on your strength to improve your Sky Drop." He cawed in agreement as he landed on the ground and stood next to her.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln cringed and clapped his hands over his ears as the Buneary wailed, not taking them away until quite a while after the pokemon had finished. Even then it was reluctant as though he expected more horrible noises any second. How could a trainer let their pokemon become so unhappy with them?

But then, maybe the girl hadn't realised the Buneary was unhappy... that was kind of the point of the lesson, so maybe he should try and pay a bit more attention. He didn't like the idea that any of his own pokemon could be so unhappy with him.

Nika Valentine

Loki only had to deal with an overly curious Meowth the rest of the way to Oak Town, at which point he was returned to his Dusk Ball. He was coming along nicely, and taking down that Pidgey and the Meowth had helped their teamwork and confidence in each other. If only she could do the same for Mark and Able...

Sighing slightly she made her way to the towns Pokemon Center and handed Loki and Pineco across for care. Once she was done here she could finally buy the supplies she needed, and possibly a TM or two as well.​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
After a while Lucas continues to look up the directions on his watch. Looking at which way was which, Aipom began to wander around being curious of where Seth is also. They see an opening to a forest with the directions pointing towards it. As they walk through the plains leading to the forest Lucas sees all of the wild Pokemon running around, playing, battling or even hunting. Aipom notices a female Aipom running into the forest, Aipom's eyes fill with hearts and it's fist tail turns into a heart also. 'Huh, Aipom are you okay? You don't look to good?' Lucas asked with concern. Aipom screeched as it proceeded to use Acrobatics towards the forest. 'What's gotten into him? He must know where Seth is'. Lucas follows his love-struck Pokemon into the forest.

Lucas kept walking through the forest trying to keep up with his partner until he couldn't see him anymore. Getting scared Lucas tried walking back as he was getting lost. 'Uh-oh...I don't like the feeling of this...' Lucas whimpered. 'Aipom? Are you here? Aiiiiiiipom!' Lucas isn't getting anywhere he tries looking around for a way out, but no luck. He hears a small rustling behind him, and starts walking forward slowly not to alert whatever it is. He hears a buzzing noise come out of the bush behind him. 'AHHHH!' Lucas screamed as he ducked down to hide from the predator. He looks up to see a happy baby Heracross fly over to a tree and beginning to suck from it. Lucas sighed in relief, 'Thank God it was a Heracross... I could've sworn it was a Scy-' before Lucas could finish a Green flash swipes the baby Heracross off the tree hurting it incredibly as it lands on it's back. A massive Scyther appeared from nowhere and pointed it's blades at Heracross and began sharpening the blades. Lucas tried backing away slowly as the Heracross started crying out in help. The young trainer knew he couldn't leave the poor baby beetle like this. Lucas helps the Heracross up off the ground and helps him walk away from Scyther.

'Huh...that's weird...The Scyther is letting us escape? Well, let's just be glad we can get outta here Heracross.' The young Heracross nodded as it kept walking with Lucas. Suddenly the Scyther flashed before them as all the trees that they past collasped and crashed to the ground causing an echo throughout the forest alerting many other Pokemon in the area. 'T-T-T-that was Fury C-c-c-cutter!!' Lucas cried out in fear. The Heracross was shrieking in fear also.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent & Alice Crenshaw
Academy Hallways

Alice suddenly realised she knew who the girl was. She was one of the first she had met at the Academy, and remembered she, along with some other students, was planning to go to a weird forest, where apparently ghost Pokémon could get her soul... She shuddered at the thought, and then pushed it away.

"I think... I know this girl..." Alice said in a whisper.

Jimmy, in the meantime, was so amazed watching the battle that he wasn't aware of Rosalyn's words, or the fact that she squeezed his hand lightly. However, he turned to Alice when she said she might know the girl who commanded the huge dragon. With an evil smile, he chuckled.

"And I don't like that boy with the Swampert either, Rosalyn." she whispered, "There's...something about him that...I dunno, but I'm scared..."

She hid herself from the boy's sight behind Jimmy, and held Jello tighter. Jello was too scared to say anything, and shut his eyes, hoping it would all end soon. Jimmy's Pokémon were watching the battle with amazement in their eyes.

Charlie Fitzpatrick
Academy Grounds

Charlie shook his head after the kid's remark, he was joking about something that seemed pretty serious. He grabbed a Pokéball from his belt and sent out a Feraligatr, who roared his name after coming out.

"Jaws, we gotta get this kid to the ER, right now." he said.

Jaws nodded and bent over to pick up the injured kid. Then he went back to Charlie, having no idea of where the Emergency Room was. The counselor glanced at the two people that were there. A boy and a girl, and their Pokémon appared to be a Honchkrow and a Simipour. He went over to them, and then noticed that the girl had been crying.

"Well, thank you for your cooperation." he said, "Now, I need you to please come with me. We gotta get that boy treated." He paused and then spoke in a lower register. "If you don't mind, could you lead Jaws and I to the ER?"

He then motioned them to come along, and walked back to his Feraligatr's side. On his way, he noticed that the Lucario that had led him there was beginning to cry. He placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry. He'll be as good as new." he said, "Now, let's get going."

After Aaron was in the Emergency Room, under the care of a nurse or doctor, he figured that he would take those two kids to his office and have a word with them. There had to be a reason behind the girl's tears. And he was determined to find out and help out in any way possible.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Field]

Suddenly, the small Aipom popped up from behind Skarmory's head--it had climbed onto his back very quickly and proceeded to sit on top of him. Caught by surprise, the steel bird began to shake his head, and the monkey pokemon fell off and landed with a light thump.

Tristen and Skarmory looked down on the wild Aipom that had caused so much trouble for itself. Hands on her hips, Tristen frowned at the pokemon. She didn't have much patience for pokemon (or people) with a knack of getting into unnecessary trouble. The fact that he had angered the Tauros to the point of rage already proved that the Aipom didn't understand the concept of "too far."

Dumbfounded, the purple pokemon simply looked up at the two of them, realizing that they weren't too happy with him. It squeaked and attempted to run away, but Skarmory caught it by the tail and lifted it up to eye level with Tristen.

She gave it a piercing look with her glowing red eyes. Without speaking, she lifted her finger and flicked it on the nose. The small monkey yelped lightly, mostly from surprise. It wasn't particularly agonizing, but it still hurt a little on his nose.

"This little experience should teach you that little pranks and jokes can only go so far. Don't be an idiot and push things to the point where you're going to get yourself beat up."

Quickly, the Aipom nodded and squeaked a small apology. Skarmory put it down, and the Aipom took one quick glance at Tristen before dashing off towards the forest areas.

Watching it leave, Tristen shook her head. "I'm so glad you have a decent amount of common sense, Skarmory. Pokemon like that just drive me insane."

Skarmory simply smiled in response.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth was still meditating when an abrupt crashing sound came from deeper in the forest. He wasn't all that worried, until he heard a boy scream.

"Sh- I've got to go!" Seth yelled as he quickly sprang up and sprinted in the direction of the commotion.

What he saw when he arrived put him strait into overdrive. A Scyther was chasing Lucas, who was holding a small Heracross. He grabbed Doom's ultra ball off his belt and released the fiery hound onto the scene.

"Doom! Get that Scyther with as many Fire Fangs as you can get in! Lucas, to me!" Seth yelled over the angry buzzing of the Scyther. Doom obeyed with honor, charged at the bladed bug-type.

Doom got a hit in, which temporarily stunned the agile hunter. However, it wasn't stunned for long. Doom was soon pushed back by a fury cutter.

"Use this on that Heracross!" Seth shouted as he tossed Lucas a potion.

Back at the fight, the Scyther was still slicing at Doom, while he bit at it in between Slashes. A few moments through this exchange of blows, the Scyther showed signs of slowing.

"One more hit! Make it count!" Seth yelled to Doom, who latched on to the Scyther as his fangs lit.

The Scyther soon batted him away, but was not strong enough to do anything else. Seth, seeing the opportunity, threw an ultra ball at the Scyther, which successfully caught it.

"Now, if you will follow me..." Seth said to Lucas as he started walking back to the clearing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Seth to the Rescue!

The Scyther gradually crept closer to Lucas and Heracross as they both freaked out more and more. Suddenly a Houndour jumped out and attacked Scyther with a flaring bite. Stunned at what just happened Lucas looks at a serious Seth. 'Lucas, to me!' Lucas relieved nods and helped the Heracross to Seth. Lucas watched Houndour unleash the barrage of Fire Fangs on Scyther, what power... But the Scyther wasn't letting up as it countered with it's Fury Cutter. 'Use this on that Heracross!' Seth tossed a Potion at Lucas, Lucas nods and sprays the Heracross's side where Scyther had struck earlier. Heracross was crying in relief.

'Don't worry Heracross, you'll be fine now. I'll keep you safe!' Lucas said compassionately. He looks at Seth, he had never seen someone so determined to battle before. Scyther had struck Houndour and had looked far too tired to do anything else. Seth tossed a ball at the Green Mantis and the ball had consumed the Scyther and sealed tight and dinged. Seth looked pleased, in his own way and picked up the strangely designed Pokeball.

'Now, if you will follow me...' Seth said to Lucas as he was walking away. He nodded and helped the Heracross who seemed to be getting a little better. 'Seth, I can't thank you enough for saving me! But have you seen Aipom? He ran into the forest and I got lost.. I promise whenever I get Aipom back I'll show you how strong we actually are!'

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
"Seth, I can't thank you enough for saving me! But have you seen Aipom? He ran into the forest and I got lost.. I promise whenever I get Aipom back I'll show you how strong we actually are!" He heard Lucas say from behind him.

"Um, no. No I haven't. And I don't doubt that you would." Seth said, looking back at him. He saw a flash of purple behind Lucas, and stopped walking. Soon enough, another flash went by.

"Uh, Lucas? Do you know why Aipom ran off?" Seth asked, still looking at the treetops over Lucas' head. "Because if he was chasing another Aipom, I belive that we just found him..."

Years
C.J. Styles
Dead Forest

C.J. noticed Dardanette's Pokemon become distracted at Golett's Gravity attack. By the look of things the Gengar was fading into the ground itself. As Gollett continued his attack C.J. tried to figure out which way the Academy was. He was disoriented by the ordeals that had taken place and took a guess at the correct direction, basing his choice from the mountains he could see in the distance.

C.J. took a brief moment to make sure all his belongings were still attached to him. After regaining a bit of his composure he summoned all of the remaining strength he had. He didn't want to mess around any longer, these Pokemon were far to powerful and if that girl awoke they would become much worse. This was it, his last chance to escape.

He ran to Golett and Picked him up in his arms, not wanting to recall it because he was unsure if the effects of Gravity would vacate or not without the Pokemon out. Turning to the direction that C.J. believed the Academy was in he began to run. He didn't look for any sort of path he just ran, and so long as nothing stopped him, he would continue to run straight through branches and all until he reached the academy grounds.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
'Another Aipom? You mean he found himself a new friend? That's nice but we gotta find him, please show me where he is Seth.' Lucas replied. He looked down at the baby Heracross that had taken a fond liking to him after saving him from the Scyther. Lucas smiled at the Heracross as Seth began leading the way.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine - Oak Town

With her team returned from the Pokemon Center Nika was finally able to go about the rest of her business in town. The Pokemart on the island was, unsuprisingly, excellently stocked. She spent quite a long time browsing the various aisles and counters, slowly adding to her basket of purchases.

First priority was medecines. Potions, antidotes and all other sorts of curative remedies went into the basket. It was best to be fully prepared for any eventuality, there was no telling what kind of threats you could encounter in the wild or how long your pokemon may have to battle for. Not having the right items to take care of their injuries or maladies in the field was a sure way of getting yourself turned into a wild pokemons dinner.

After that came pokeballs. Fresh out of all kinds Nika made sure to buy a large amount of the standard variety, as well as a number of speciality pokeballs. Sometimes the simple pokeball wasn't enough to get the job done, or didn't suit the pokemon you wanted to capture.

And finally - TM's. With her three new pokemon she wanted to get a TM for at least one of them, and having just had a class with a Grass Type component, Parasect was the winner. Thinking about the Grass moves Miss Sandoval had said were particularly powerful she selected Solar Beam, feeling it would help give Parasect's arsenal the added punch it was lacking.

Having spent some time on her own pokemon journey, and receiving a constant allowance of money from her father during that period, Nika was financially reasonably well off for her age, but this shopping spree was quite a dent in her budget. She would have to be more frugal in the future.

Paying for her purchases at the counter, and receiving a Premier Ball for her trouble, Nika stowed her new belongings away in her satchel. The Solar Beam TM was slotted into Parasect's pokeball before being placed into her relatively empty TM case. Exiting the shop she considered what her next move should be...​

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth started walking in the direction that he had seen the two Aipom swing in.

This would be so much easier if I had Shadow with me... Or if that new Scyther was trained enough to not go on another rampage, or run off... Seth thought as he trudged through the dense overgrowth. They soon came to a small clearing with a giant tree in the middle. All along the tree were hundreds of Aipom, Ambipom, Mankey, and Primeape.

"I think we're going to have a tad bit of trouble finding your's..." Seth said disheartendly to Lucas, who seemed downcast.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas looked at the huge tree with all of the monkey like Pokemon bouncing around and playing. He sees hundreds of Aipom singing and playing around. It looked really nice. 'I think we're going to have a tad bit of trouble finding your's...' noted Seth. Lucas folded his arms, and tried thinking of a way to find his Aipom. He sat down as the Heracross sat next to him. 'I know! Seth you might think it's crazy but it could work!' Seth looked at him in confusion as if he wanted an explanation. 'Well, Aipom and I met each other because he saved me from an Absol attack! If he comes through for me when I'm in danger so that might be the key! You could send out that Scyther and I'm sure that Aipom will rescue me if I'm in danger! And also that way I can prove that I'm strong too!' Heracross began shaking his head thinking it was a bad idea. Lucas looked at Seth, 'So, what do you say?'.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
"I'm not sure about that... Not only is he almost dead, but he needs some training time to get a hang of following orders. I could try it with Doom though." Seth said, looking around the tree.

Seth released Doom and equated down to his level.

"Okay. We are going to try something that we need your help with. I am going to leave to just in the forest, and then you will start to bite at Lucas. However, you need to be sure to not actually bit him while still making it look real." Seth explained to the hound, who occasionally nodded.

"Whenever you're ready, just say so." Seth said to Lucas, who had been observing the disscussion.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Operation Go! Aipom comes back!

Lucas nods at Seth, as the Heracross goes up to Seth and hides with him. 'I'm sure this will work, thanks for helping me out Doom!'. As Lucas to pet him, Doom snaps at Lucas. 'WOW! That was almost too real, we're just...Pre...tending..' Lucas began getting frightened as the Houndour lived up to it's scary nature. Doom kept barking at Lucas. 'D-d-doom..chill out..we are just pretending?' Lucas kept stepping back until he eventually started running towards the tree, and the plan was set in motion as Doom bolted after the poor trainer.

Running as fast as he could to try and get away from the dog who kept barking and snapping at the poor human. 'HELP!! ANYONE HELP!!' This call for help attracted the attention of all the monkey Pokemon in the tree who just observed the scene. Lucas tripped over a branch and fell to the ground, as Doom came over, intimidating as ever by setting it's fangs on fire. 'SOMEBODY!! HELP!!'.

Suddenly a giant fist smacked into the side of the Houndour, knocking it over completely. Lucas looked around to see that it was Aipom standing on a Swift star that smirked at Lucas. It hopped down and looked at Lucas making his tail into a peace sign. All of the other Aipom and Ambipom started cheering for their comrade. 'A-Aipom? Let's show this Houndour who's boss!'.

Back