The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Just wondering if you guys ever had a sleepover were you were younger ?
if so Do you still have them and how often did you/do have them ?

as for me I never had one or my daughter never gets a chance to have one. I say not having one is't the end of the world now is it. Anyway I say sleepovers only until 13 then clearly your too old for one.

So Did you guys have sleepovers ?
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Minerva
the S I R E N S are calling

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
My first sleepover was with two other friends. We were all in the 2nd grade (or 3rd? can't remember lol) at the time, and I asked my parents permission to have one for a weekend and they were both okay with it. We danced, had pillow fights and stayed up till like.. 2 am. We even ate a ton of Pizza too. That's probably the only night I ate too much Pizza. haha.

Another sleepover was in the 6th grade, same two friends...only this time we involved too much school gossip and makeovers. We pulled two allnighters that weekend, and we went out to the movies. I think this sleepover was much better and more fun than the one when I was 7. haha.
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:55 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I had lots when I was in school but now if I have a sleep over it's cos we partied and can't drive home xD
Old September 30th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis talli
Anyway I say sleepovers only until 13 then clearly your too old for one.
Uh, what? That is so silly I can't even begin to describe it! I predominantly had sleepovers from age 13. 13-17 were my big sleepover years. I never had them as a kid, only in high school when we discovered that we simply couldn't fit enough video gaming into one day.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Hikamaru
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
I've had a sleepover at someone's house, but I was too young to remember it back then.

I don't do sleepovers anymore due to homesickness.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old September 30th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
only in high school when we discovered that we simply couldn't fit enough video gaming into one day.
Abso-freakinglutely! I had sleepovers all the time from 13-15 and still do sometimes for different things. They're not at all an immature event - just another way to hang out with friends.
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minzy View Post
Abso-freakinglutely! I had sleepovers all the time from 13-15 and still do sometimes for different things. They're not at all an immature event - just another way to hang out with friends.
Yeah, exactly this. I don't remember having a whole lot of sleep overs when I was younger, but ever since middle school I have them somewhat frequently with some close friends of mine. So yes, I still have sleepovers. XD
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Nope! I was never allowed to have sleepovers besides from a very very few times with my cousins when I was a kid.
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Had them all the time when I was younger! I used to drive my dad up a wall, because we would keep waking him up with our laughing. Ahh...good times... <3
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM
The Sly Fox

Never with friends, but with cousins I have had a lot through the years.

Old September 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
I had sleepovers all the time throughout junior high and high school. Now sleepovers are kinda hard with small dorms and stuff. Not to mention they pretty much consist of people passing out after partying lol.
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:38 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ZetaZaku Send a message via Skype™ to ZetaZaku
Did it in elementary school and I do it now too. But mostly since my friend is in another city, so I can't go home right away and vice versa, since it's a waste. Nothing better than watching movies and playing games the whole night.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Pära

Nature: Serious
I don't really think that I will ever have any kind of sleepover, as I find it hard to sleep in different beds.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Calm
Uhh... I never had a sleepover with a couple of friends. Then again, I've only been to some 10 different houses in my life lol?

After 30 minutes of 'convincing' my mom that I'll be safe sleeping over at my older BROTHER'S house, I spent the night there. I had to sleep on the couch. Guhhhh. On the bright side, we stayed up playing old school video games, woke up and made breakfast, and then went to the beach.
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Sammi
I ate my usertitle. :(

Nature: Lax
I could probably count the amount of sleepovers I had during my school days on one hand. I was not a sleepover person. Back then I was even worse about wanting to sleep in my own house and in my own bed. Sleepovers sucked. D:
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
I've had sleepovers, but not anymore since we all make a huge ruckus whenever I'm around :P

could you ····ing not
·
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Im actually having one right now. Im on here and playing Sapphire, while he plays Saints Row the third.
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

I spent my entire summer 7th grade sleeping over my best friend's house. I probably went home once, maybe twice, during that vacation.

After that, I think I had probably one or two sleep overs before the end of 8th grade and then that was the end of my sleepover life.
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold
Sleepovers... yeah. With cousins mostly and youth group things until actually a little over a year ago when my friends and I started doing Doctor Who parties at my house every month or so. We've caught up on Doctor Who but now we've moved on to AtLA and have a massive list of prospective things to watch. So yeah, nineteen and not stopping with sleepovers. It's just a nice way to hang out with friends and have an excuse to watch TV/make a terrible mess out of the kitchen/not actually sleep at all.

lmao @ >13 being too old for sleepovers.
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:55 PM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
I only had one real sleepover with a friend all my life. It was at my friend Amy's house when I was in first grade. All I remember is us swinging with her on her porch swing though.
My family would sleepover at my cousin's house on Christmas Eve from when I was 13-19, next sure if we're doing it this year.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Nature: Quiet
I remember going to my friend's birthday party for a sleepover for his 9th and 10th birthdays, and I had 2 or three more with one of my friends in middle school. I've also had probably a dozen sleepovers with my cousin, ranging from about the time I was 7 up until once earlier this year. Although now that I think about it, many of those were pulling all-nighters, so they might have been better described as sleeplessovers.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:16 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
Yeh, I did have a couple and went to my friends houses, but I didn't do them very often... not really sure why, I just never did.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I don't see what's wrong with people spending the night at eachother's house when they're past thirteen haha. Just don't call it a 'sleepover' if you think the term is kiddish.

Anyways, I used to spend the night at my friend's house all the time. It was usually my best friend's house but occasionally i would spend the night at another friend's house as well. These days though it's typically during Convention times when we need to stay in one house to make traveling easier.

Though I didn't always like sleepovers/spending the night. First time I had one I cried even though I was only across the street. Quickly got used to it though.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
SinisterEternity
→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis talli View Post
... Anyway I say sleepovers only until 13 then clearly your too old for one.
I don't see why it should end at 13 xD
I had many sleepovers, especially when I was around 14-17 and now being 18, I'd gladly have some others with my friends :D
....I also may have forgotten my DS that had my Black copy in it at my friend's house, which makes me really sad ;^;
But sleepovers are still fun <3

Chit-chatting

A Redtail's Dream
The Super Smash Bros Club

Theme
Looking for
My Deviantart
My FC(s)

Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed
I only really slept over at my grandparents' house with my cousin, that or my cousin would come stay at my house (sometimes for weeks in the summer). These days I only sleep over at my grandmother's for New Year's Eve.

I've only had a couple sleepovers besides that. One was in second grade, when I went to my friend Shelby's house. I remember that one especially because we went to the beach the next morning and tiny me got bowled over by a wave and woke up underwater :(

Then, for my birthday this year, my friend Amanda ended up sleeping over at my house for the first time. We watched anime all night and ate summer sausage for breakfast (at 4pm) :P I hope we do it again soon, I haven't seen her lately.

This past July my best friend Alex slept over for the first time also. We always wanted to sleep at each other's houses, but we never really did because of the "boys can't sleep over" thing, but now that we're old our parents said we could. We're having another one in a couple weeks when he comes home from college!

Now...my sister, on the other hand, has sleepovers a lot for her birthday, and since I'm friends with her friends, it's just a huge party!

Sponsored Links