Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Ohh yes, finally another boss fight <3 I was honestly expecting them to just skip over it like some of the previous fights (I wanted to see drunk Santa fighting ; but I'm very glad they're including this one :3 And by the way Asuna grabbed Kirito's arm, it looks like she's definitely warming to him a lot more now ♥ (Not that there was any ever doubt of that paha) Can't wait for this episode, it's definitely going to be one worth watching. Especially with Klein showing up again! <3
Yep, this episode was a great one.

Spoiler:

KiriAsu OTP.
Elmairy Leaf
Class: Leaf Knight
LV. Moderator

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old September 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Ok, guys here's Episode 10 Preview...

Spoiler:
Now it will be a duel Kirito vs. Heatcliff!
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Jalsy
<<Shut-IN>>

Nature: Quiet
Cool. I haven't seen this thread XD Episode 10 was nice, I like the battle and the little moment of Asuna and Kirito..(But I enjoyed the battle most and kirito's battle outfitXD)
Love God <3 Life's Good
Loving Partner☆☆ Forum Family
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
:o i just noticed this thread. I love sao, one of the best anime's i have seen. tbh i have not seen too much of it so far, about 6 episodes. But it is awesome and i am looking forward to more.

It has some of the most intense moments in any anime's and is very dramatic. SAO is the bomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch_mark_april View Post
Cool. I haven't seen this thread XD Episode 10 was nice, I like the battle and the little moment of Asuna and Kirito..(But I enjoyed the battle most and kirito's battle outfitXD)
i also like his battle outfit it suits him and looks great

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10

Last edited by Greenbeans; September 9th, 2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Fafiq
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Fafiq
Hey, anyone knows how long does it take for PK marker to wore off? How long will Kirito run with a red ruby above his head? :D
GenV White FC: 1764 9688 6793

Feel free to add me to Friends :D
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Netto Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafiq View Post
Hey, anyone knows how long does it take for PK marker to wore off? How long will Kirito run with a red ruby above his head? :D
Since Mr. Creepy Stalker dude already had an Orange Marker, Green Players could kill without being tagged as criminals for Self-Defense.

Anyways I'm surprised A-1 was able to cram an episode and make it really engaging. Considering the SS adaptations.
Elmairy Leaf
LV. Moderator

Old September 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Episode 10 was amazing! It had everything I could ask for in an episode. Romance, drama, suspense, tender moments, amazing artwork, amazing performances! Ahhhh!!
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
As much as I loved episode 10, I still find episode 9 my fav ep thus far.

~ Episode 9
Spoiler:
I like it when main characters not trying to stand out surprises everyone (sort of like the fight in ep 8). So the dual wield was nice, and I loved the battle after he pulled out Liz's sword. And when his health bar was shown at the end of the fight... chills...
We also got some very nice Kirito and Asuna moments (I loved it there at the end when she was clinging to him and wouldn't let go). I liked how Kirito was like "On second thought... don't sale your stuff, I won't get anymore.". And I died laughing when he asked if Klein was lagging. Because for me when it comes to online games that's what does me in a good bit (in this case CoD). In fact it's my in my GamerTag/PSN Name/Steam/etc.

~ Episode 10
Spoiler:
That's not to say I didn't love ep 10, a lot happened and I was happy to see Kirito and Asuna hook up. Truth be told I was surprised that Kirito lost to Heathcliff. Thus far we've seen him solo a dungeon (ep 3), stand there while taking 50 hits and it do nothing to him (ep 4), have no probs with a dragon (ep 7), broke a weapon with no prob in a dual (ep 8), and finished off a boss that likely had 75% of it's health still there (ep 9). I guess he did lose to a sandwich in episode in episode 6, and lost to Asuna in episode 8, but that's beside the point. XD
So you can see why I'm surprised to see him lose. On top of that, no longer all black. ;.;

When Kuradeel popped up I knew he was going to try to kill Kirito. I thought Godfrey was in on it too because he's the one who wanted the warp crystals. But in any case Kuradeel did try to kill Kirito and Asuna saves the day. And then kissu. <3
Them back at the house was funny too. Asuna gets changed and he was like "Wait... this isn't what I wanted" even if it's what he asked for back in the canyon. XD

To ones who knows all when it comes to SAO... the 67th Floor came up twice in episode 9. I'm wondering, is the 67th Floor boss covered in the LNs? If it is then was it some sort of flashback or did the anime just skip it all together?

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Netto Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post

To ones who knows all when it comes to SAO... the 67th Floor came up twice in episode 9. I'm wondering, is the 67th Floor boss covered in the LNs? If it is then was it some sort of flashback or did the anime just skip it all together?
Thanks this is why KiriAsu is one of those rare canon-OTP's <3

It's nice reading POSITIVE reviews about SAO rather than going through a bunch of haters and elitists lambasting it. It was starting to get to me. xP

As for floor 67, it's not covered in the LN sadly. Although the author is doing a complete reboot of SAO in SAO Progressive starting from floor 1. To incorporate and straighten out the inconsistencies. So we might see floor 67 touched upon that WAYYYYY later on. xD

Episode 11 PV:

MORNING DEW GIRL! And Floor 22 is hell of a lot more important in symbolism all the way to Vol 7. Hehehe. xD
Elmairy Leaf
LV. Moderator

Old September 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
^Just remember that Sword Art Online is probably the most popular anime out right now, for every hater out there, there are at least 300 lovers, it's just the negative reviews that stand out (for that reason).

Also, I'd say that comparisons to Dot Hack (Sign, especially, but R:1 and R:2 games and anime as well) are rather accurate. They both have similar themes (such as the character archetypes that make up both Kirito and Tsukasa) and the progress in similar fashions, though Sign puts less emphasis on fighting. There are other similarities, but they'd be spoilers to both series. This isn't a bad thing; in fact, I'd say that the similarities between the two make for great anime. Granted, I think that a younger person could watch SAO than one that could watch Sign, seeing the difference in pacing and the amount of talking that varies between the two.

Last edited by machomuu; September 15th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Netto Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
^Just remember that Sword Art Online is probably the most popular anime out right now, for every hater out there, there are at least 300 lovers, it's just the negative reviews that stand out (for that reason).

Also, I'd say that comparisons to Dot Hack (Sign, especially, but R:1 and R:2 games and anime as well) are rather accurate. They both have similar themes (such as the character archetypes that make up both Kirito and Tsukasa) and the progress in similar fashions, though Sign puts less emphasis on fighting. There are other similarities, but they'd be spoilers to both series. This isn't a bad thing; in fact, I'd say that the similarities between the two make for great anime. Granted, I think that a younger person could watch SAO than one that could watch Sign, seeing the difference in pacing and the amount of talking that varies between the two.
That's quite true. The Online polling on Episode Discussions are quite consistent on this.

But anyways you're quite correct on the whole .Hack comparison. It's just that the two series came out at the same time, so it kinda grates LN readers when people say that it was just copied off.

Episode 11 thoughts:

Spoiler:

Damn, so much emotions flowing in this episode. Floor 22, The memories waiting to be made on that cottage by the forest, the introduction to Yui-chan.

PAPA! MAMA! Damn that hits hard. Don't try carry the burden of everyone's heart Yui-chan...

End Card:
Elmairy Leaf
LV. Moderator

Old September 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Jalsy
<<Shut-IN>>

Nature: Quiet
-Episode 11-
Spoiler:

The mountain dew girl.. I love the trailer. Haven't seen the episode yet but It seems interesting.. seeing them like a family is really a sweet thing.XD
Love God <3 Life's Good
Loving Partner☆☆ Forum Family
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Brane
-

Glad that they're finally moving on with the storyline. Everything seems to progressing smoothly and it's great to watch :D Episode 9 would still have to be the best, that boss fight was insane.
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:02 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Gotta say I wasnt a fan of this weeks episode, I wanted either more lovey dovey or more action! I like how its moving though it does seem really interesting! Looking forward to next weeks episode like always.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Yui's Heart, Episode 12 Preview...

Old September 25th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
Yui arc
Spoiler:
I think it was an ok arc... not my fav but still sort of nice. My biggest prob is... I can't get past them two getting married and them having a "child". I just find it strange because of how young they are. I think they're a very very cute couple, but the whole "our child" aspect of it is just strange to me.
But I will say this, I found this "fight" really awesome. Ok so it wasn't much of a fight but still all the fire, and the big sword, and Yui all "You're not going to hurt them" was good.

And now that all the characters from the OP has been shown and by the looks of it finished I can't wait to see what's coming up in the next 1-2 weeks.

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Before it started airing I heard lots of good stuff about the novel and looked really forward to the show. But then everybody started bashing the series and calling it bad. Well, I ignored them, as haters sometimes tend to nitpick about every little thing (yet ignore those little things for their favorite show).

I watched the first two episodes. I must say that I was hooked. They were really great and showed lots of potential, and since it reminded me a lot of .hack//, I looked forward to the rest of it. Sadly, as of episode 3, the show turned into a harem and episodes focused on showing how badass Kirito/Jesus is. Okay, episode three played a huge role in Kirito's character, but episode 4-7 were just fillers. The episode with that loli served only as loli fanservice and once again they showed off how badass Kirito/Jesus is. I mean, come on "You can only do 400 damage per 11 seconds, but I can regenerate 600 health per 11 seconds" (don't remember exact numbers) was just ridiculous. Also those mystery episode were really boring. They did serve as Kirito and Asuna's development, but they dragged it too much. Same goes with Kirito's quest for his new sword. Once again they showed off how badass he is and Blacksmith girl started spouting nonsense. I was happy when I heard that they are going back to the story, and it improved a bit in episode 8th, but the show just kept showing off how badass Kirito is and making him do the impossible. Episodes 11 and 12 were the lowest bottom for me, especially the second episode. Thankfully
Spoiler:
the arc will end soon and I hope the show improves a lot in ALO

I don't know if the show is bad or maybe I'm just too old for this.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Omega Genesis
All shall return to dust

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
Before it started airing I heard lots of good stuff about the novel and looked really forward to the show. But then everybody started bashing the series and calling it bad. Well, I ignored them, as haters sometimes tend to nitpick about every little thing (yet ignore those little things for their favorite show).

I watched the first two episodes. I must say that I was hooked. They were really great and showed lots of potential, and since it reminded me a lot of .hack//, I looked forward to the rest of it. Sadly, as of episode 3, the show turned into a harem and episodes focused on showing how badass Kirito/Jesus is. Okay, episode three played a huge role in Kirito's character, but episode 4-7 were just fillers. The episode with that loli served only as loli fanservice and once again they showed off how badass Kirito/Jesus is. I mean, come on "You can only do 400 damage per 11 seconds, but I can regenerate 600 health per 11 seconds" (don't remember exact numbers) was just ridiculous. Also those mystery episode were really boring. They did serve as Kirito and Asuna's development, but they dragged it too much. Same goes with Kirito's quest for his new sword. Once again they showed off how badass he is and Blacksmith girl started spouting nonsense. I was happy when I heard that they are going back to the story, and it improved a bit in episode 8th, but the show just kept showing off how badass Kirito is and making him do the impossible. Episodes 11 and 12 were the lowest bottom for me, especially the second episode. Thankfully
Spoiler:
the arc will end soon and I hope the show improves a lot in ALO

I don't know if the show is bad or maybe I'm just too old for this.
The whole "Demigod Kirito" thing was on purpose, one could even consider it an anime archetype. Other anime that did this were .Hack//Sign (Tsukasa), .Hack//Roots (The Terror of Death), and Trigun (Vash, and there's a reason for it. Rather than focusing on the difficulty of average combat, it focuses on the lengths that raw power can take you to, that no matter how strong you are, you still can't defeat everyone on that strength alone. One must make difficult decisions, and they are going to have their emotions toyed with and scarred. What's more, they can't do everything on their own, and they will undoubtedly make mistakes, and go to lengths that they never wanted to. Their power is immense, but on its own its not enough, there are other catalysts needed to be able to truly utilize that power to it's true potential, and even then it isn't always enough. It also deals with the main character being forced to become an outcast (in the case of Tsukasa, it is due to his disdain for adults and trust issues, in Vash's case, it's to protect them). Kirito really embodies all of these, and has gone through immense emotional and social trauma because of it. I'm not saying that I want you to like it more, you're free to do whatever, but in the case of the Demigod genre (and SAO), I'd say the handling of the character who is the Demigod is more mature than not.

Regarding SAO specifically, I'm expecting a new opening to appear either this or next episode, since the old opening seems to be "finished", so to speak.

Last edited by Omega Genesis; September 28th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:51 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Some fun facts:

Episode titles for 15-17:
Spoiler:
Ep15 - Return
Ep16 - The Country of Fairies
Ep17 - The Captive Queen

OP2 - "INNOCENCE" by Aoi Eir
ED2 - "Overfly" by Luna Haruna

So we're definitely getting some good music there. Also, the single listings for those two songs on CDJapan list release dates for the end of November. Judging by the episode titles, I assume the OP/ED will change around 15/16 unless they don't care about spoilers for Fairy Dance.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Netto Azure

Anyone here read past the SAO arc? I'm always looking for thoughts on things.

Still some people are hating on Fairy Dance for some reason. I liked it actually lolz.
Elmairy Leaf
LV. Moderator

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:18 AM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
EP 13 spoilers
Spoiler:

Really liked the second half of the last episode. I mean, it's not like I don't like the home life of Kirito and Asuna, and I've found their relationship to be one of the most realistic in anime (they are a great portrayal of a young married couple), in fact, I think the fact that SAO doesn't put its priorities solely on fighting and concentrates on story and character development, but everything about the ending is really what makes Kirito as a demigod work, and it really drives the fear, hopelessness, and anxiety that people will die. The animation was also astounding, definitely making it one of my favorite fights so far (even if it is only the beginning).
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Just saw episode 13 myself.

Spoiler:
I loved the portrayal of how they both couldn't live without each other. Normally I would groan during these scenes because it seems contrived in most stories, but I thought it was done really well here. It was almost selfish of Kirito to suggest that she wait there for him in agony, when she very well has a desire to protect him too.
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

I just caught up and I am loving the show even more every episode :3

Spoiler:
I love all of Sao but I think that ep 10 is my fav, I find that it was really romantic and great, but its difficult to say that is my fav for sure, I like all of it :p

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Netto Azure

Ah this was a finely made episode. Can't wait for the next episode. The way they ended this episode is very touching.

Spoiler:

I liked the end card. Very inclusive. :3

Anyways can't wait to see the subs from Crunchyroll. Even though I kinda knew the gist of what was happening it's nice to know what they're saying. xD

*Grabs some popcorn* This should be a fun day everywhere Tehehehehe.
Elmairy Leaf
LV. Moderator

Old October 6th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Magic

Just watched :D

I may be being stupid, but what on earth is going to happen in the next episode?

Spoiler:
Since they just beat the game...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here