The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:15 AM
GardevoirxGalladeForever
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Okay, so, today, I was on my new SoulSilver account after Poketransferring all my good Pokemon to my Black. I've gotten pretty far, and for some reason I had chosen my character as a boy named Ethan. Oh, well, I guess my 2nd Gen instincts are still rusty, but functioning. ANYWAY, back to my post. I was walking through Ecruteak City when I got a call from Picknicker Liz. This was one of the weirdest things that happend to me in my early journey.
"Oh, hey! What's up? Today I saw a beautiful Team Rocket. I want to be a beautiful Team Rocket some day!"
I was like, 'uhhhhhh...'
Seriously. A beautiful Team Rocket!?
-dies-
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Haha yeah, some calls are really random in HG/SS. I swear Joey has called me 492 times just to talk about his apparently super-cool Rattata. Hey I remember getting that call ages ago xD, I fell out of my chair, double facepalming.

And then there's Hiker Anthony talking about eating berries. Something along the lines of : "I was watching my Pokemon eat berries the other day. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. I tried a berry it was delicious!"

That made me wonder, what did Pokemon berries taste like ?
. :p
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Joey stil calls me about his Rattata. But it already evolved into Raticate but he still calls it his Rattata. Hm...

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
It's strange- I got Joey's phone number early on in the game (thinking I'd be able to remove it later), but aside from one time when getting to Goldenrod for the first time, I've never had Joey call me. If anyone actually calls me, it's usually Arnie, Doug (Bug Catchers) or Ralph (Fisherman).

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:52 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't mind the Pokegear calls from time to time (such as for free items), but the ones from Youngster Joey ranting about his top-percentage Rattata were the ones that got on my nerves.

Old September 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSilver10112 View Post
Joey stil calls me about his Rattata. But it already evolved into Raticate but he still calls it his Rattata. Hm...
This just reminds me of the creepypasta... *shudders*

Personally I find the phone call thing annoying, they never shut up :p I don't care if Gina's Nidoran is awesome or Joey's Raticate has somehow devolved, I want phone calls about useful things! It's okay when they want to battle or have something to tell/give me, but when they stop you in the middle of something to tell you some useless fact like that, it's just very irritating xD
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I never gave my number to Joey.

Weirdest call I got was actually from Gym Leader Chuck... something about his addiction to sweets and how he's trying to keep it a secret from his wife, lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I gave my number to everybody, but I regret giving it to Ralph(the fisherman with the Goldeen) He calls every 5 minutes it seems like.

"By force of will!"
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I would of deleted Liz from my contacts lol. I hate the Pokegear call. Lyra is so annoying. "Today I looked over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." Then 5 min later. "Today I loved over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." She say's the same stuff over and over and makes me wanna delete her number lol.

But they only time I save a number is if the person has really good Pokemon and wants to battle in the future. For example the Fire Breather with 2 Magmars. I saved him because Magmar gives out decent exp. Also, not to mention the people that give out free items. I just got a free Leaf Stone a couple days ago.

Old September 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I would of deleted Liz from my contacts lol. I hate the Pokegear call. Lyra is so annoying. "Today I looked over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." Then 5 min later. "Today I loved over at my Marill and watched it evolve into a Azumarill." She say's the same stuff over and over and makes me wanna delete her number lol.

But they only time I save a number is if the person has really good Pokemon and wants to battle in the future. For example the Fire Breather with 2 Magmars. I saved him because Magmar gives out decent exp. Also, not to mention the people that give out free items. I just got a free Leaf Stone a couple days ago.
If there were an option to delete contacts (which there should be, and I'm angry that there isn't.), I would definitely use it like no tomorrow. And I agree, I hate when NPC's say the same thing over and over again as it make the game 'less real' in a sense, and it reminds you that you are merely playing a video game. ):

I never added people on their Pokemon, I just added people on their names and what their sprite is or status, aha I'm so shallow. XD;
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
If there were an option to delete contacts (which there should be, and I'm angry that there isn't.), I would definitely use it like no tomorrow.
I love how they didn't fix it when they had an opportunity in gen 4. Subtle Gamefreak. Very Subtle.
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:32 PM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
Lol she did the same to me accept I was in kanto in lavender town
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:16 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I remember the constant calls from trainers whose only thing to seemingly say is "I need to make my parter stronger".
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:45 AM
The Works
Omochikaeri!

Location: There was supposed to be a location here but I'm too lazy so
Nature: Timid
Random calls are annoying as hell, particularly Lyra's calls after the E4. Her calls are more frequent that Joey's. I remember the first time Lyra called me to say "Today my Marill evolved into an Azumarill!" while I was in Kanto. I went to New Bark after that to check on her 'Azumarill'. Turned out she was lying, and I felt like shooting myself after that.

Sponsored Links