The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Old September 30th, 2012, 11:35 AM
White_Arcanine
Lonely and annoying.

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
I've been asking myself if I should watch it or not (Of course I'm gonna start from the beginning). So I want others' opinions, should I watch it? Or is it just a waste of time?
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Watch it until the 3rd gen is over cos that's when it started getting really dumb. I'd watch Kanto there's some really funny episodes in there, Orange Islands is ok, and Johto is ok. Ash gets a Larvitar and it always cries. It's so epic xD

Not to mention the first episode. Hands down one of the funniest ever moments ever! Ash is riding bike he stole from Misty taking Pikachu to Poke Center and he says, "Hang on Pikachu, were almost there" then he wipes out. Haahaha It was so hilarious.

Old September 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Yes, I'd recommend watching the anime. Despite what some people say, the D/P and B/W seasons aren't that bad.

Old September 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Us and Them
The Jack of All Trades

Nature: Serious
In my opinion, if you are going to watch it, start from the original episodes and stop when Battle Frontier ends. Everything past that is horrible.
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
White_Arcanine
Lonely and annoying.

Nature: Lonely
Crap, I can't find it anywhere. Can someone link me to the first episode of season one?
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Yes, I'd recommend watching the anime. Despite what some people say, the D/P and B/W seasons aren't that bad.
This, basically. I'm rewatching AG right now and it really isn't any better than BW. All the sagas have different strengths and weaknesses, and you might like one better than another, but overall they're pretty much the same quality.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I recommend you should rewatch it, so that you can catch up on episodes you missed.

As PlatinumDude said, the Sinnoh and Unova sagas are actually pretty good in my opinion.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old September 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Yes, definitely watch it! Until you finish Master Quest, it goes downhill from there.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:22 PM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I say you should watch it all. Despite what others say, you might be surprised to find out that the Unova saga isn't that bad at all. I stopped watching at the DP saga because I thought the new dub voices were awful. But I decided to give the series a second chance and I honestly was surprised how good the new series is still is. I've seen almost every episode of the Rival Destines season. Pokemonepisode.org/ and watchpokemonepisode.com are good sites find them, they have all the episodes that have been dubbed so far.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Yes, watch it. I am planning on watching it all from the beginning again sometime.
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Unhatched Egg

Why not? Though, I would suggest watching it in Japanese. 4kids and Pokemon USA cencored it too much, so I just watch the original version. While it is repetitive, it is pretty funny.
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:16 AM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
The original series is fantastic and well worth watching. Advance Generation is pretty bad until Battle Frontier, and that's mostly because of how much repetitive filler there is and that just got annoying due to its formulaic nature. The original series also has a great dub when it comes to the voice acting - though the censorship is an issue.

The issue with Battle Frontier, though, is that midway through it, they switched to a fandub here in America, and the voice acting is unbearable. It's still mediocre in D/P's early stages, but D/P is actually a decent arc. B/W isn't that great because it's all battling, pretty much, and there isn't much character development, especially for a lot of the Pokemon. The fan voice actors have gotten a lot better with experience, however. Maybe the reason B/W isn't that good to me is because I've seen it all before, and they're doing nothing new with it. On its own, it might not be that bad...
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Ravenclaw
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Careful
I'd watch it until they change the voice actors. The different voices actually kill me mentally.
Though I haven't watched it too much, I thoroughly recommend that you watch it. It's a good laugh every once in a while.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here