The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaccino View Post
Is there a way to get Hoenn starters in B2/W2 besides trading?
thanks in advance.
No. You still have to transfer via PokeTransfer or trade from a B/W/B2/W2 game that already did that to get the Hoenn starters.

Old September 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaccino View Post
Is there a way to get Hoenn starters in B2/W2 besides trading?
thanks in advance.
No there is not, but if you need them just ask me, I have all!!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Scorpiopt

Question is souldew allowed on random match? in BW2

Old September 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
Question is souldew allowed on random match? in BW2
As far as I know there aren't any Item bans, but in case of special tournaments you'll want to watch Pokemon.com or Bulbapedia's link http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...Random_Matchup just for future updates.
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

I have yet to play BW2, Ill be getting it when it comes out in English, so please no story spoilers if you answer this. I read online that you can link up your file of the original BW, and it changes certain things. Does the original game have to have simply beaten N and Ghetsis, or do you have to rebattle the league to fight Alder? I never did beat Alder so if I need to Ill do that before next weekend. Thanks in advance.
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:25 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirbyFan View Post
I have yet to play BW2, Ill be getting it when it comes out in English, so please no story spoilers if you answer this. I read online that you can link up your file of the original BW, and it changes certain things. Does the original game have to have simply beaten N and Ghetsis, or do you have to rebattle the league to fight Alder? I never did beat Alder so if I need to Ill do that before next weekend. Thanks in advance.
In the original B/W, you must beat N and Ghetsis to let it connect to B2/W2.

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Just to confirm, we're getting Genesect before Meloetta? Unless I missed an event.
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

I have another question about linking up with a BW1 file. My brother has a Japanese copy of the game, but he's buying an English BW2. Both of the DS's he'll use are also English. Will the link-up work? If you guys don't know then fine, I just didn't know where else to ask.
Old September 30th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Khrysta

If he uses a Japanese DSi series system or a DS/DSlite he can link up with the English ones. I think that's how it works.
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Yeah, the original DS and the Lite are not region locked, but the DSi (including XL) and the 3DS are region locked and if those are English, they won't play the Japanese games.

Anyway, is there another way to get Therian Kami trio without having to use Dream Radar?

paired to peeta
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hikamaru
ラグラージ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Anyway, is there another way to get Therian Kami trio without having to use Dream Radar?
Unfortunately, there's no way to get the Therian Kami Trio without Dream Radar unless if you trade for them.
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Khrysta

If you trade the Landurus you get in Black or White you can unlock the Reveal Mirror at the Abundant Shrine which allows you to change them to their Therian forms.
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Aaron40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
The current Keldeo giveaway ends one day before B2W2's release in America/Europe/Australia. So not this event, no, you'll have to get it in BW and trade it to B2W2.
How do you get the keldeo event in B/W
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron40 View Post
How do you get the keldeo event in B/W
You go to Gamestop or one of the versions of Gamestop if you don't live in the United States. You select Mystery Gift to download it.
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
Google was NO HELP when I searched on there!!! which of the new Pokémon games do you catch Black Kyurem in??? I want to make sure I preordered the right game!!!
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
Google was NO HELP when I searched on there!!! which of the new Pokémon games do you catch Black Kyurem in??? I want to make sure I preordered the right game!!!
Calm down...

Anyway, Black 2 and White 2 are the only places where you can get Black Kyurem. As long as both Zekrom and Kyurem are on the team and you have the Gene Wedge, you can merge both into Black Kyurem.

To clarify, you can only get Zekrom and Black Kyurem in Black 2, but it's possible to trade Zekrom to White 2 and make Black Kyurem from there (or just trade Black Kyurem itself).

Old October 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I am hearing 2 stories. Will I be able to use Memory Link with 1 DS and Wi-Fi or will I need 2 DSs? Thanks!

"By force of will!"
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Khrysta

You need two DS's. Its the same as Download and Play function. (the transfer system)
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
metallica0308
Unhatched Egg

Can you get a Genesect in B2/W2 and then trade it to B/W and then make a new save file on the same B2/W2 cartridge to get two Genesect?
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica0308 View Post
Can you get a Genesect in B2/W2 and then trade it to B/W and then make a new save file on the same B2/W2 cartridge to get two Genesect?
Yes, you can do that to get as many as you want.
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
metallica0308
Unhatched Egg

Also, just another quick question related to the same thing. How far into the game do you have to get to get/trade Genesect?
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Will getting Black 2 work with my white 1 Or should I get white 2. I really want to get the challenge mode from B2, but want to see the storyline as it continues. Thoughts?
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Will getting Black 2 work with my white 1 Or should I get white 2. I really want to get the challenge mode from B2, but want to see the storyline as it continues. Thoughts?
Black 2 and White 2 both are compatible with the original Black/White. Black 2 is compatible with both Black/White and the same applies to White 2.

In terms of storyline, Black 2 continues where Black left off and White 2 continues where White left off. This is evidenced by the fact that N used Zekrom in the original Black and Reshiram in the original White to fight the player. In Black 2, N uses Zekrom to save the player from Ghetsis; in White 2, he uses Reshiram instead.

Old October 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
My jap 2's work with my 1's so yes they will work!!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Quote:
Also, just another quick question related to the same thing. How far into the game do you have to get to get/trade Genesect?
Can answer both at once XD

Yes you can so long as the Wonder Card gets deleted as well when you start a new game as that is what blocks you getting a new one. As for when you can trade, after the first Gym.

You don't get the C-gear until after the first gym so until then you cannot trade as you won't have the Pal-Pad until then either. So while you can get multiple Genesect...you'll have to sit there for a few hours to constantly do that.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links