Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Post Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #601    
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:20 PM
dyee
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Aww man! I was hoping for a few badges in Kanto when you said "some of Kanto".

Great hack, nonetheless. I look forward to playing the next beta.
  #602    
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
abyssthesavior's Avatar
abyssthesavior
i will never dissapear........
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: i cannot reveal it.......never will i either.....
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
No problem! Thank you for telling me about the bug in my game that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise!
honestly if i wasnt so set on having a zubat as my flying-type team member, i probably wouldnt have discovered it. and i am glad i helped. btw in case Cyclone didnt tell you yet for me, i personally feel imo that CrystalDust is a better remake than Liquid Crystal. sure LC has some unique events but CrystalDust so far has stayed true to the original. btw did you ever put in a move tutor or move relearner? ive yet to get to ecruteak and am unsure as to what bill is repairing in the Pokemon Center.
This signature has been disabled.
Censor bypass in signature. Content probably isn\'t appropriate either.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #603    
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
honestly if i wasnt so set on having a zubat as my flying-type team member, i probably wouldnt have discovered it. and i am glad i helped. btw in case Cyclone didnt tell you yet for me, i personally feel imo that CrystalDust is a better remake than Liquid Crystal. sure LC has some unique events but CrystalDust so far has stayed true to the original. btw did you ever put in a move tutor or move relearner? ive yet to get to ecruteak and am unsure as to what bill is repairing in the Pokemon Center.
In the original, Bill meets you for the first time at Ecruteak City whjen you first walk into that Pokémon Center (this is a SoulSilver experience, but I figure it's probably cloned here). I don't know what he's repairing, either.

There was one buggish thing I found in the original game as well that I edited into the Bug Catching Contest page on Bulbapedia; if you have yet to meet Bill and participate in the Bug Catching Contest when you first have it available, you will see that whatever Pokémon you catch is referred to as going to Bill's PC at the end of the contest. As I have yet to do the contest in the hack, I don't know if this bug is replicated, but I don't think the original script checked if the player had met Bill by referring to the correct variable that would display it as "Someone's PC".

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #604    
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
abyssthesavior's Avatar
abyssthesavior
i will never dissapear........
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: i cannot reveal it.......never will i either.....
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
In the original, Bill meets you for the first time at Ecruteak City whjen you first walk into that Pokémon Center (this is a SoulSilver experience, but I figure it's probably cloned here). I don't know what he's repairing, either.

There was one buggish thing I found in the original game as well that I edited into the Bug Catching Contest page on Bulbapedia; if you have yet to meet Bill and participate in the Bug Catching Contest when you first have it available, you will see that whatever Pokémon you catch is referred to as going to Bill's PC at the end of the contest. As I have yet to do the contest in the hack, I don't know if this bug is replicated, but I don't think the original script checked if the player had met Bill by referring to the correct variable that would display it as "Someone's PC".

Cyclone

i meant i dont know what bill will be repairing or setting up in CrystalDust. not in the original. in original crystal he is fixing up some time trading thing that enabled you to trade pokemon from your gsc games to your rby games and vice-versa. however no gen 2 pokemon or gen 2 moves were allowed or "the server would crash". i just dunno if in CrystalDust bill sets up the move relearner like in LoZ's liquid crystal hack.
This signature has been disabled.
Censor bypass in signature. Content probably isn\'t appropriate either.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #605    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
TruePunk79
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Do you have an idea when beta 3 will be released?
  #606    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
rellikami
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruePunk79 View Post
Do you have an idea when beta 3 will be released?
Diegoisawesome has previously specified that he does not release ETAs on his releases
  #607    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Additionally, he is working on Shining Opal ATM. I do know he alternates those releases.

I would have answered this earlier, but thought he'd be in to explain that.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.


Last edited by Cyclone; September 23rd, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: I edited this right away...what gives?
  #608    
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
TruePunk79
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Anyone know if there is a physical/special split? Or is it the same as gen III games.
  #609    
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Projectwolfie's Avatar
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruePunk79 View Post
Anyone know if there is a physical/special split? Or is it the same as gen III games.
No split is in this hack, just like the original GSC and the generation after it.
  #610    
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Critx's Avatar
Critx
Is making Wi-Fi on Rom hacks
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hiding FairyLand
Age: 26
Gender: Male
This hack is very nice.

But......
SIgn Up and I'll give free Pokemon :D
Hacks I Support:



~Thanks for Reading Critx~
  #611    
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critx View Post
This hack is very nice.

But......
I don't think you finished that thought?

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #612    
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Critx's Avatar
Critx
Is making Wi-Fi on Rom hacks
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hiding FairyLand
Age: 26
Gender: Male
I did....MUHAHAHA

HAHA
SIgn Up and I'll give free Pokemon :D
Hacks I Support:



~Thanks for Reading Critx~
  #613    
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critx View Post
This game is soo epic! Never give up on it or Shining Opal!
Don't worry, I'm not going to give up on either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyee View Post
Aww man! I was hoping for a few badges in Kanto when you said "some of Kanto".

Great hack, nonetheless. I look forward to playing the next beta.
Sorry about not having more of Kanto in yet. Thanks for the comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
honestly if i wasnt so set on having a zubat as my flying-type team member, i probably wouldnt have discovered it. and i am glad i helped. btw in case Cyclone didnt tell you yet for me, i personally feel imo that CrystalDust is a better remake than Liquid Crystal. sure LC has some unique events but CrystalDust so far has stayed true to the original. btw did you ever put in a move tutor or move relearner? ive yet to get to ecruteak and am unsure as to what bill is repairing in the Pokemon Center.
Thanks for the compliment! In CrystalDust, Bill's just fixing up the Ecruteak Wireless Club. Maybe I should add in something about how you can connect with games three years prior? (RSE/FRLG)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
In the original, Bill meets you for the first time at Ecruteak City whjen you first walk into that Pokémon Center (this is a SoulSilver experience, but I figure it's probably cloned here). I don't know what he's repairing, either.

There was one buggish thing I found in the original game as well that I edited into the Bug Catching Contest page on Bulbapedia; if you have yet to meet Bill and participate in the Bug Catching Contest when you first have it available, you will see that whatever Pokémon you catch is referred to as going to Bill's PC at the end of the contest. As I have yet to do the contest in the hack, I don't know if this bug is replicated, but I don't think the original script checked if the player had met Bill by referring to the correct variable that would display it as "Someone's PC".

Cyclone
That bug doesn't exist in my game, but it's interesting to note that GSC has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruePunk79 View Post
Do you have an idea when beta 3 will be released?
Nope, sorry, no ETAs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellikami View Post
Diegoisawesome has previously specified that he does not release ETAs on his releases
That is true. Thanks for clarifying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Additionally, he is working on Shining Opal ATM. I do know he alternates those releases.

I would have answered this earlier, but thought he'd be in to explain that.

Cyclone
Sorry about that, I was on vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruePunk79 View Post
Anyone know if there is a physical/special split? Or is it the same as gen III games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
No split is in this hack, just like the original GSC and the generation after it.
This is correct. Thanks for clarifying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critx View Post
This hack is very nice.

But......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I don't think you finished that thought?

Cyclone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critx View Post
I did....MUHAHAHA

HAHA
I don't know what you're talking about? What "but" is there?


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
  #614    
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Makeruno
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
The game looks well done, but I do prefer to play games that have a totally new story line. GSC remakes are fun, but im getting kinda bored of doing the same thing everytime I play this type of hack. But i'll try it anyway.
  #615    
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critx View Post
This hack is very nice.

But......
Where's the "Wait for it"?
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #616    
Old September 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Eru_Paul's Avatar
Eru_Paul
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Asunción - Paraguay
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Hi Diegoisawesome, I hope your vacation went well.

I've found an issue. When you go to the house where the guy gives you the ITEMFINDER, he doesn't turn to you when you talk to him. He stays in the same position.

Last edited by Eru_Paul; September 29th, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
  #617    
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeruno View Post
The game looks well done, but I do prefer to play games that have a totally new story line. GSC remakes are fun, but im getting kinda bored of doing the same thing everytime I play this type of hack. But i'll try it anyway.
I promise you, you won't be bored playing CrystalDust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Where's the "Wait for it"?
I'm actually wondering that myself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eru_Paul View Post
Hi Diegoisawesome, I hope your vacation went well.

I've found an issue. When you go to the house where the guy gives you the ITEMFINDER, he doesn't turn to you when you talk to him. He stays in the same position.
My bad, thanks for noticing. Fixed and uploaded, if anybody really cares about repatching and all to fix it (although it's good for first-time users).


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
  #618    
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Hey i saw a radio card for the pokegear in 1 of the screenshots but never got 1 ingame does it play any music lol.
Another question will you make any new cards for pokegear to use in the sevii islands for your custom storyline there
  #619    
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Pokégear isn't working yet and not implemented in the beta. Pushing Y tells you as much. As for whether it plays music or what else it does, diego has to answer that.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #620    
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:14 AM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Hey i saw a radio card for the pokegear in 1 of the screenshots but never got 1 ingame does it play any music lol.
Another question will you make any new cards for pokegear to use in the sevii islands for your custom storyline there
The Radio Card doesn't work at the moment, but it will play music and work like it should in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Pokégear isn't working yet and not implemented in the beta. Pushing Y tells you as much. As for whether it plays music or what else it does, diego has to answer that.

Cyclone
Uh, the Pokégear works pretty well at the moment, minus the Radio Card and some of the Phone Card. I don't know where you got that it doesn't work yet from.


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
  #621    
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
The Radio Card doesn't work at the moment, but it will play music and work like it should in the future.

Uh, the Pokégear works pretty well at the moment, minus the Radio Card and some of the Phone Card. I don't know where you got that it doesn't work yet from.
What is it that doesn't work, then? Maybe I'm thinking of the radio card...or am I mixing up Shining Opal with this now?

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #622    
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
What is it that doesn't work, then? Maybe I'm thinking of the radio card...or am I mixing up Shining Opal with this now?

Cyclone
Lol you mix s opal with this hack and Diego are you working on beta 3 or s opal now
  #623    
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Lol you mix s opal with this hack and Diego are you working on beta 3 or s opal now
I'm fairly certain I've got this one right. He alternates between the games, and this one was the last release. Thus, he's on Shining Opal right now.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

  #624    
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
What is it that doesn't work, then? Maybe I'm thinking of the radio card...or am I mixing up Shining Opal with this now?

Cyclone
Yeah, the Pokégear doesn't work in Shining Opal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Lol you mix s opal with this hack and Diego are you working on beta 3 or s opal now
I'm working on Shining Opal at the moment. Beta 3 of CrystalDust will be started on once Beta 3 of Shining Opal is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I'm fairly certain I've got this one right. He alternates between the games, and this one was the last release. Thus, he's on Shining Opal right now.

Cyclone
Yeah, this is correct.


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
  #625    
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Ok cant wait for new updates on this hack i love your asm hacks an your bug free hacks hehe
Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:37 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.