The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:36 AM
ゆりあき
"The Nature-Loving Gynoid!"

Advertise here
Name: ゆりあき
Partner Pokemon: Snivy and Virizion
Password: Leaf Storm
Topic Answer: After the release of BW, I've used nothing but Grass-type Pokemon. I even went back to all the older generations and beat those with teams consisting of only Grass-type Pokemon. That was pretty fun so I've decided to do it again, haha. (My goal was to beat every game in every generation with Grass-type Pokemon, but I've sort of lost track of which games I've already beaten...)

I think Grass-types are really interesting; It's not as easy to beat a game with brute force using Grass-types (though it is certainly possible). I tend to use a lot of non-damaging moves when I play with a Grass Monotype team because I feel those types of moves are overlooked/underutilized (at least they were by me). Grass-type Pokemon have some of the best designs, too! It's really hard to choose a favorite...

KANTO JOHTO HOENN SINNOH UNOVA
Old September 26th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Grass-Types, how often do you use them in the games?

I use Grass-types a lot, cos they come in handy against all those Trainers that use Water-types. Also, Grass-types are handy for catching Pokemon with cos they can inflict status effects, which is nice.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old September 26th, 2012, 05:00 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Name: PokemonGiratinaX (aka. PGX)
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Snivy
Password: Turtwig and Snivy, use Leaf Storm!
Topic Answer: I choosed Tutwig and Snivy because Turtwig is so cute and Snivy is cool. Also, I always use the Grass-type Starter in Pokemon Black and Diamond.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Great to see you all join! I'll add you all to the list once I'm not too busy with the whole GT thing, which is mainly why I'm lacking here lmao xD

To answer my own topic, I ALWAYS use them. Alwaysalwaysalways. Chikorita would be my main. In my party I usually have at least two Grass-Type Pokemon in my team and train them very strongly. Usually my grass-types are about 2-3 levels more than my other Pokemon...which is biased lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGiratinaX View Post
Name: PokemonGiratinaX (aka. PGX)
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Snivy
Password: Turtwig and Snivy, use Leaf Storm!
Topic Answer: I choosed Tutwig and Snivy because Turtwig is so cute and Snivy is cool. Also, I always use the Grass-type Starter in Pokemon Black and Diamond.
I cannot grant you access to the club because you chose two starters. You must choose ONE starter and ONE other partner Pokemon that's not a starter/evolved starter. Plus, be sure to stick with the current topic!

KASEY KAHNE
oral-b usa 500 winner | atlanta, georgia | august 31, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Sector
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Name: Sector Revenge

Partner Pokemon: Yoshi the Bulbasaur & Octavia the Celebi

Password:
Leaf Storm Vine Whip!

Topic Answer:
How often do you use Grass types in the games?
I often used them when I use my Sunny Day team with Ninetales. I like Leafeon & Venusaur a lot with them. I did like to use Virizion & Celebi for fun sometime in-game. Of course, as many Grass type Pokemon there are, I should probably think about creating a mono-type party sometime in the future in B/W2 x) I want to try out Lilligant with a Sunny Day team though but I haven't yet.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Welcome Sector! :D

A Sunny Day team with Lilligant seems splendid, as Lilligant is a flower that likes the sun the most, you can always count on having her on the team. Sounds like a pretty awesome Pokemon to use!

Let's kick off this week with a new topic, yeah? Yay Finally!

What *do* you like about grass-types?

KASEY KAHNE

Shining Armour
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Name : Rambagos
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Ferrothorn
Password: Torterra, used Leaf Storm :D
Topic Answer: Grass-types are naturally green. It was my favorite color. All of grass Pokèmon are strong and amazing. I always put a grass Pokèmon in my party such as when I played Pokèmon Diamond. I choosed Turtwig as my partner. After a whole day playing, I always bring my best Pokèmon. They are Torterra and Roserade. Hemmm.. they really helpfull for taking out another trainer. I have a nice strategy when I was using Grass Pokèmon attacks. First, another Pokèmon set up a sunny day. Then I changed them with Roserade. And blast all of the enemy with Solar Beam. Wow, so powerfull! (WoAo)W

I think thats all. Sorry for messy English xD Please accept me at this club. I'll try to active in this club.
**I love Grass-Pokèmon**
-Rambagos
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely

I personally love all the status moves grass types are able to learn. It's nice to have access to a sleep-inducer or paralyzer for your team, with moves that have pretty good accuracy. I also really enjoy using draining moves, they're super fun ingame for some reason. Plus, grass is just a helpful type offensively to have around, even though they aren't too great defensively (but that's where status moves help out) :D
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

The things I love about Grass-types are their beautiful designs, the handy status moves they learn (which is handy for catching Pokemon), and the fact there's so many Water, Ground and Rock-types encountered throughout the game which makes having a Grass-type fun to have on your team. Also, while it may not be the best defensive type, all those status moves can help make up for that.

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid

They have some very useful moves that I love to have on my side, like Leech Seed and other status effects such as Stun Spore~! Also, their designs are amazing. They tend to provide a nice challenge in lots of Pokemon games too. <: But overall, grasses have great movepools and are useful for many things, especially status effects!

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
What *do* you like about grass types?

So many things I love about these natural creatures ^^. They can inflict several status conditions,like paralysis,poison and sleep. Their moves can be deadly,for example the mighty Leaf Storm :3 and Giga Drain. Stats for them are also high up,with amazing special attack and defense.

There designs are amazing,all of them I've loved :D.
. :p
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Username: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Treecko and Roserade
Topic Answer: I mostly use Grass Type pokemon in the game because they can be very useful. Some people don't consider Grass type pokemon in a team because most of the time, they are weak in most of the gyms. But I always take Grass Type pokemon in my team because of their Status moves.

And a userbar that I made:

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM
mrsnuggles

Nature: Careful
Partner Pokemon: OMG This was such a hard choice >.<
y guess they would be chikorita & Leavanny
Topic Answer:
I am not really sure why i like grass types but I would have to say It has something the do with my infatuation with the color green I just love it <3<3<3<3<3 & also because i Find grass types to generally have the most eye pleasing design,not to mention I find it always necessary to have a grass type :3
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:39 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Welcome to those who joined! I JUST edited the list, so I should have everyone with their Pokemon by now! I am also keeping track of your starter Pokemon in case you pass 10 posts in this club, it'll evolve! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambagos View Post
Name : Rambagos
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Ferrothorn
Password: Torterra, used Leaf Storm :D
Topic Answer: Grass-types are naturally green. It was my favorite color. All of grass Pokèmon are strong and amazing. I always put a grass Pokèmon in my party such as when I played Pokèmon Diamond. I choosed Turtwig as my partner. After a whole day playing, I always bring my best Pokèmon. They are Torterra and Roserade. Hemmm.. they really helpfull for taking out another trainer. I have a nice strategy when I was using Grass Pokèmon attacks. First, another Pokèmon set up a sunny day. Then I changed them with Roserade. And blast all of the enemy with Solar Beam. Wow, so powerfull! (WoAo)W

I think thats all. Sorry for messy English xD Please accept me at this club. I'll try to active in this club.
**I love Grass-Pokèmon**
-Rambagos
Of course I will accept you into this club! No doubt about that! Welcome aboard! It seems that Sunny Day is very helpful to grass-types, especially with the move Solarbeam, even though it is considered a fire-type move, it's a best friend to every grass-type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Username: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Treecko and Roserade
Topic Answer: I mostly use Grass Type pokemon in the game because they can be very useful. Some people don't consider Grass type pokemon in a team because most of the time, they are weak in most of the gyms. But I always take Grass Type pokemon in my team because of their Status moves.

And a userbar that I made:

I really appreciate the contribution. One small favor though: can you make it smaller? It's too wide for it to be on signatures. Once you can fix that, I'll add it to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnuggles View Post
Partner Pokemon: OMG This was such a hard choice >.<
y guess they would be chikorita & Leavanny
Topic Answer:
I am not really sure why i like grass types but I would have to say It has something the do with my infatuation with the color green I just love it <3<3<3<3<3 & also because i Find grass types to generally have the most eye pleasing design,not to mention I find it always necessary to have a grass type :3
Was it a hard choice that you chose the same Pokemon I did? xD I kid, I kid. Great to see someone else who likes the same Pokemon as I do! I know, I like grass-types too. It was hard to decide what to choose for my partner!

Infatuation with the color green = PRICELESS.

KASEY KAHNE

Shining Armour
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:12 PM
mrsnuggles

Quote:
Was it a hard choice that you chose the same Pokemon I did? xD I kid, I kid. Great to see someone else who likes the same Pokemon as I do! I know, I like grass-types too. It was hard to decide what to choose for my partner!

Infatuation with the color green = PRICELESS.
oh it get betters I was born in may so green is my birth-color

well chikorita wasn't that hard as i don't like bulbasaur
treeko is old news
turtwig while being my favorite animal a turtle doesn't appeal to me as much
& snivy was cool at first but now its meh i actually like oshawott more now.

& remember ash's chikorita make me love it even more

as for Leavanny it was sooo hard because i adore ludicolo.
liligant is just amazing
&whimsicott has some kind of mysterious appeal probably because its a better version of the hoppip line which i also like (speaking of which i just now noticed that its hoppip not hoppit XD)

and i cant forget leafeon especially because i have a soft spot for eeveelutions

i ended up choosing Leavanny because i read you post & remembered how amazingly useful it was when i played through my white version (which i cant find DXXX) & its quickly became one of my favorite my favorite looking pokemon not to mention it basic for seewaddle he just melts my heart <3
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Thanks Leaf Storm. Cannot wait for see my Turtwig evolve into its final form ^w^
For showing my gratitude, here a little gift for this club
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
What is it about Grass Types?

As always, there are exceptions, but usually I have seen that I am just...gravitated towards Grass types. Most of them are cute, some of them are cool (coughcoughgrovyle) but I just...seem to like them. There's not much I can explain about it, other than that every one of them is strangely cute and awesome :3

Old October 6th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Ravenclaw
Unhatched Egg

Name: Ravenclaw
Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Leafeon!
Topic Answer: I have no idea why I like Grass Pokemon so much. It started with Bulbasaur, then I realized that I prefer all grass starter Pokemon, and it, well, evolved from there.
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:57 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Welcome Ravenclaw!

Leafeon is really interesting because it has incredible defense which one wouldn't think by its looks. (and also, pure grass types don't tend to have high defense) I'd really like to use one sometime because it seems like a really fun grass type to have on board.

I think that's another reason I like grass types so much - they have a lot of diversity in terms of stat ranges/their place on the team. Where as other types (like ice for instance) seem to specialize in one stat with few pokemon of that type specializing in another stat.
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Omg i have to sign up for this, grass pokemon are the best

Partner Pokemon: Treeko (Awesome) & Shaymin
Password: Leaf storm
Topic Answer: Well i started with absolutely loving bulbasaur, it was the first starter and my first pokemon ever. Concept art of grass pokemon is always awesome and they are really cute.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

First off, so sorry for the lack of activity, guys! Been extremely busy with midterms and stuff. Now I got free time finally, I can ttly focus on the club! Yay! I'm also glad some of you were able to put up with my inactivity for the past two weeks. lol

I'll go ahead and start a new topic from here...we're focusing on the anime!

On the Anime, which grass-type Pokemon do you find the cutest? Toughest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambagos View Post
Thanks Leaf Storm. Cannot wait for see my Turtwig evolve into its final form ^w^
For showing my gratitude, here a little gift for this club ^^
Thank you for the userbar! It will go straight to the first post! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenclaw View Post
Name: Ravenclaw
Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Leafeon!
Topic Answer: I have no idea why I like Grass Pokemon so much. It started with Bulbasaur, then I realized that I prefer all grass starter Pokemon, and it, well, evolved from there.
Welcome aboard, Ravenclaw! I'm pretty much on the same boat as you are! But this time it was Chikorita that started my love for grass-types. So now, I prefer to have at least one grass-type in my team, no matter the circumstances. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob10 View Post
Omg i have to sign up for this, grass pokemon are the best ^_^

Partner Pokemon: Treeko (Awesome) & Shaymin
Password: Leaf storm
Topic Answer: Well i started with absolutely loving bulbasaur, it was the first starter and my first pokemon ever. Concept art of grass pokemon is always awesome and they are really cute.
And welcome to you too jerichob! You have totally signed up for the greatest club ever! I also love the grass-type art as well, it's so majestic and amazing!
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:21 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

To be honest, I don't really remember a whole lot of the anime. But, I guess I'd have to say I think it's a tossup between Lotad and Sewaddle. Lotad was so derpy and adorable before it evolved, and Sewaddle was just so cute!

As for toughest, I'd say that's between Torterra and Snivy. Torterra/Grotle/Turtwig always tried its hardest and was just incredibly strong, and Snivy is just kind of BA (as well as being really strong - how does it already know Leaf Storm?!)
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Ralaia
~Smooth as Ice~

Nature: Calm
Name: Ralaia
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Shaymin
Password: Woodhammer Haha jk Leafstorm
Topic Answer: I would have to say Ash's Torterra/Grotle because I can't recall if it evolved or not? I thought his Grotle and Turtwing were adorable though <3

Old October 19th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Oh Umbreon, great to see ya here in the club! :D

I can't really comment on Ash's Torterra since I haven't seen the Diamond & Pearl seasons tbh. D: I can agree though that it's pretty amazingly cute too :D

For me, however, it's a tie between Bayleef and Snivy! Both grass-type Pokemon (coincidentally starters), are really amazing and really adorable, especially THIS FACE. HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE THIS FACE.

Y'all are more than welcome to show gifs too to accompany your answer! :)

KASEY KAHNE

Shining Armour
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
I have to say Snivy and Sewaddle. Ash's Snivy acts so cute when she uses Attract plus she's also got a tough side, and Sewaddle is just sooooooooo adorable.

Yeah, I seem to be biased towards 5th Gen again.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here