The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old October 2nd, 2012 (04:40 AM).
mrsnuggles's Avatar
mrsnuggles
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
you should be able to download the zip file from here
Reply With Quote
  #52    
Old October 2nd, 2012 (08:25 AM). Edited October 3rd, 2012 by the__end.
the__end's Avatar
the__end
Pixel Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
well the best way to rip animations is with animget (http://spritedatabase.net/download)
but its really time consuming and i am busy with my own project and i still have to finish the tcg screens as well so i have no time to rip them myself...
what i can do is provide you all the moves in animated png (for better quality) so you can rip them yourself... (easier then ripping them from the rom...)
here are the moves:
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fighting
Fire
Flying
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Ice
Normal (part1)
Normal (part2)
Normal (part3)
Poison
Psychic
Rock
Steel
Water

each file contains all the moves for the type that i named it...
the file sizes are this big because they are animated pngs and because the moves has about 300 frames...
i divided the normal type moves in 3 parts because there are more then 150 moves and the file size would be to big... <.<
if you dont know how to view apng files...
just open them with the free program "XnView"... (http://www.xnview.com/)
opening them with firefox is also possible but chrome and explorer dont support animated png... =(
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53    
Old October 2nd, 2012 (08:49 AM).
BrainWave's Avatar
BrainWave
A new idea sprouts
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Home
Age: 22
Gender:
Nature: Careful
Just one question here: In what style are your animations going to be like? Does the graphic look realistic, cartoonish or similar to the 5th gen attacks?
__________________
My friend code:
4898-2271-5906
After recording my friend code, I would appreciate it if you pm yours to me =).
Reply With Quote
  #54    
Old October 2nd, 2012 (01:09 PM).
pkmn.master's Avatar
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
All graphics should be ripped straight from BW or BW2. I don't know the best way to rip these graphics, but the_end seems to have an idea. We will have to rip those graphics from the animated PNG, since we can't just throw all of those frames in and be done, since this would be impossible. I will continue ripping the sounds, and for the meantime, whoever wishes to start on animations should stick with grass and normal types, since we have these sounds now. It really doesn't matter, however, as long as you design these animations to be very similar to the ones in BW, since the sound effects go with the animations from BW. Use this video as a reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXl2r3_Cts. When ripping the animated PNGs provided by the_end, be sure not to get the same graphics. Most of the animation involves a few graphics that are just resized and rotated.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55    
Old October 3rd, 2012 (08:38 AM).
the__end's Avatar
the__end
Pixel Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
so finished...
all moves are uploaded in apng format...
hope that they will be useful...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56    
Old October 3rd, 2012 (11:03 AM).
Andyman409's Avatar
Andyman409
Noob
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by the__end View Post
well the best way to rip animations is with animget (http://spritedatabase.net/download)
but its really time consuming and i am busy with my own project and i still have to finish the tcg screens as well so i have no time to rip them myself...
what i can do is provide you all the moves in animated png (for better quality) so you can rip them yourself... (easier then ripping them from the rom...)
here are the moves:
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fighting
Fire
Flying
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Ice
Normal (part1)
Normal (part2)
Normal (part3)
Poison
Psychic
Rock
Steel
Water

each file contains all the moves for the type that i named it...
the file sizes are this big because they are animated pngs and because the moves has about 300 frames...
i divided the normal type moves in 3 parts because there are more then 150 moves and the file size would be to big... <.<
if you dont know how to view apng files...
just open them with the free program "XnView"... (http://www.xnview.com/)
opening them with firefox is also possible but chrome and explorer dont support animated png... =(

Wow, good job! These will make our lives much easier. Before we post it on the wikia, I have to quickly ask whether these are all B/W animations? It's just that, since we have B/W sound effects, B/W animations would synch much easier to them. If there are any D/P animations, it would probably be easier for the animators if we rip D/P sound effects for them instead.

By the way, we should probably organize and claim attacks based on their types, not alphabetical order.
Reply With Quote
  #57    
Old October 3rd, 2012 (01:50 PM).
the__end's Avatar
the__end
Pixel Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman409 View Post
Wow, good job! These will make our lives much easier. Before we post it on the wikia, I have to quickly ask whether these are all B/W animations? It's just that, since we have B/W sound effects, B/W animations would synch much easier to them. If there are any D/P animations, it would probably be easier for the animators if we rip D/P sound effects for them instead.

By the way, we should probably organize and claim attacks based on their types, not alphabetical order.
they are all from BW...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58    
Old October 4th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
Andyman409's Avatar
Andyman409
Noob
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by the__end View Post
they are all from BW...
Great! I added them all to the wikia. I also decided to make a chart to organise our resources better. The idea is that you first download the APNGs, than rip each one for single frames, than finally convert them into animation sheets that essentials can read. The chart covers all intermediary stages. Sound effects can be directly ripped from the youtube video, which canbe found here.
Reply With Quote
  #59    
Old October 30th, 2012 (04:47 PM).
Andyman409's Avatar
Andyman409
Noob
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
It's been a while. Just want to make sure everyone knows this page exists. That'll be all
Reply With Quote
  #60    
Old October 31st, 2012 (03:57 AM).
zingzags's Avatar
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston
Age: 20
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman409 View Post
It's been a while. Just want to make sure everyone knows this page exists. That'll be all
Tell you the truth I thought it died with the other attempts.
__________________
Pokemon Serenity is my fangame name.
name decided 12/15/09
Currently helping:
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Reply With Quote
  #61    
Old October 31st, 2012 (12:54 PM).
pkmn.master's Avatar
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
Tell you the truth I thought it died with the other attempts.
Nope, it won't die. The fact is that it will be slow, as the support here is very thin.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62    
Old November 1st, 2012 (03:15 AM).
zingzags's Avatar
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston
Age: 20
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn.master View Post
Nope, it won't die. The fact is that it will be slow, as the support here is very thin.
Well I will keep rooting for ya. So what have you guys done so far?
__________________
Pokemon Serenity is my fangame name.
name decided 12/15/09
Currently helping:
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Reply With Quote
  #63    
Old November 1st, 2012 (11:13 PM).
Seth Pegasus's Avatar
Seth Pegasus
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Due to the fact that I started school, I no longer have a lot of time to dedicate to this. However, I have downloaded the zip files that The_End posted, along with the program Xnview to open the files. I will do my best to learn how to rip the attacks from those files and make some attacks. I am not ready to give up on this.
Reply With Quote
  #64    
Old November 2nd, 2012 (07:37 AM).
the__end's Avatar
the__end
Pixel Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Pegasus View Post
Due to the fact that I started school, I no longer have a lot of time to dedicate to this. However, I have downloaded the zip files that The_End posted, along with the program Xnview to open the files. I will do my best to learn how to rip the attacks from those files and make some attacks. I am not ready to give up on this.
if you cant see each frame fully with Xnview (due to the compression of the animation) use animget to get screenshots from each frame of the animation and rip them afterwards from the screenshots!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65    
Old November 2nd, 2012 (10:33 AM).
Seth Pegasus's Avatar
Seth Pegasus
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by the__end View Post
if you cant see each frame fully with Xnview (due to the compression of the animation) use animget to get screenshots from each frame of the animation and rip them afterwards from the screenshots!
Great thanks for the advice.
Reply With Quote
  #66    
Old November 20th, 2012 (02:43 AM).
MikauSchekzen
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd also like to help from time to time. However, I see that on the wiki page, all moves are either completed in Essentials, or not done or even taken. Are none of you doing anything on the animations, or are you just neglecting the wiki page? Like Maruno said, it's very useful for this kind of thing.

Anyway, just wanted to know if this project is still happening before I get to work on an abandoned project.

Also, I'd recommend posting some useful and quick information on the first post, Andyman. Like for example, add a link to the wiki page, and information on how we are going to share work with each other on your first post of this topic.

Also, this may sound bold, but maybe this post could be stickied? An animation project for Essentials may be important enough for quite some people, and it could get done quicker if it can get more people by being stickied.

Sorry about the trouble, but I'll start asap after I get answers to my questions. Unless one of the answers is: "this project has been abandoned", but I sure hope it isn't!
Reply With Quote
  #67    
Old November 20th, 2012 (03:00 PM).
the__end's Avatar
the__end
Pixel Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikauSchekzen View Post
I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd also like to help from time to time. However, I see that on the wiki page, all moves are either completed in Essentials, or not done or even taken. Are none of you doing anything on the animations, or are you just neglecting the wiki page? Like Maruno said, it's very useful for this kind of thing.

Anyway, just wanted to know if this project is still happening before I get to work on an abandoned project.

Also, I'd recommend posting some useful and quick information on the first post, Andyman. Like for example, add a link to the wiki page, and information on how we are going to share work with each other on your first post of this topic.

Also, this may sound bold, but maybe this post could be stickied? An animation project for Essentials may be important enough for quite some people, and it could get done quicker if it can get more people by being stickied.

Sorry about the trouble, but I'll start asap after I get answers to my questions. Unless one of the answers is: "this project has been abandoned", but I sure hope it isn't!
i think its not abandoned... imo the problem is that people dont know how to or dont have enough time to rip the animations... and i can understand them because its VERY time consuming to rip one animation properly... i have not enough time to rip them myself but i gave you an opportunity to rip them without having the rom... even if you have the rom its easier to rip them from the apng files... so if you want to help start ripping one or two animations and upload the results... even if they are not finished! i am sure there will be a few people who would finish ripping them and animate them in essentials so you dont need to animate them yourself (which is time consuming too)!
and even if there is no one who animates them right now your work will not be lost because i am sure someone would use them someday to make the attack animations...
but if you think that its better to animate them in essentials yourself just do it... like i said your work will be appreciated from the essentials community... and i think seeing one or two finished animations would motivate people to help!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68    
Old November 20th, 2012 (03:40 PM).
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
The main reason there's no progress is that everyone is waiting for "someone else" to rip the animation graphics and create animation sheets. It's not really that difficult to do, although it is tedious.

What I think would be very productive is if people intentionally made placeholder animations; that is, animations they know will be replaced in future. The so-called "perfect animations" will take much longer to make than some simple little animations made using readily available graphics which could be added to Essentials now (literally as soon as tomorrow). Think of them as draft animations. Something is better than nothing. Plus, they'd give other people somewhere to start (e.g. provoking them to improve on the placeholders and actually get round to ripping the better graphics).


As far as advertising this project, I've put a link to the wiki page in my signature. After I've finished updating the wiki a bit, I'll make a news post promoting it. It's certainly worth doing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69    
Old November 20th, 2012 (06:50 PM).
Seth Pegasus's Avatar
Seth Pegasus
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
I will have some time this weekend to work on this. I'll try to get at least one animation done by Monday and see how it looks.
Reply With Quote
  #70    
Old November 21st, 2012 (04:42 AM).
MikauSchekzen
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Right, I've created a sheet for some Normal-type moves, and I'd like to get it checked before I do any more, to see if I haven't missed anything, and people agree on the format etc. (192x192 pet sprite is a must, I know, but I mean other kinds of formatting, like whether it's good or bad if I place multiple sprites in the same sheet etc.)

However, Mediafire is being buggy, or something. I'll have to look at that sometime. In the meantime, though, does anyone know of another decent and free file uploading site?

I'll try to search for one myself later. After I collapsed from exhaustion. Should never have pulled an allnighter to search for probably-non-existing software...
Reply With Quote
  #71    
Old November 21st, 2012 (11:38 AM).
the__end's Avatar
the__end
Pixel Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikauSchekzen View Post
Right, I've created a sheet for some Normal-type moves, and I'd like to get it checked before I do any more, to see if I haven't missed anything, and people agree on the format etc. (192x192 pet sprite is a must, I know, but I mean other kinds of formatting, like whether it's good or bad if I place multiple sprites in the same sheet etc.)

However, Mediafire is being buggy, or something. I'll have to look at that sometime. In the meantime, though, does anyone know of another decent and free file uploading site?

I'll try to search for one myself later. After I collapsed from exhaustion. Should never have pulled an allnighter to search for probably-non-existing software...
mediafire works for me... what software did you search for?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72    
Old November 21st, 2012 (04:18 PM).
pkmn.master's Avatar
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikauSchekzen View Post
Right, I've created a sheet for some Normal-type moves, and I'd like to get it checked before I do any more, to see if I haven't missed anything, and people agree on the format etc. (192x192 pet sprite is a must, I know, but I mean other kinds of formatting, like whether it's good or bad if I place multiple sprites in the same sheet etc.)

However, Mediafire is being buggy, or something. I'll have to look at that sometime. In the meantime, though, does anyone know of another decent and free file uploading site?

I'll try to search for one myself later. After I collapsed from exhaustion. Should never have pulled an allnighter to search for probably-non-existing software...
I'd use deposit files, as it is ready to take your upload as soon as you enter the site.

I don't have my own time to learn to rip animations, but I can most certainly put them together. This project will take the help of many people in order to make some progress. It will probably be best to approach the smallest animations first, and try to take on one type at a time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73    
Old November 21st, 2012 (04:29 PM).
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn.master View Post
It will probably be best to approach the smallest animations first, and try to take on one type at a time.
No, wrong. Just do what you want to do. This project is slow enough as it is without being restricted by a self-elected leader claiming, "Let's do all Grass moves first!".

Of course, it's likely that what people will want to do are the easy animations. Don't make it a rule, though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74    
Old November 21st, 2012 (05:13 PM).
pkmn.master's Avatar
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
No, wrong. Just do what you want to do. This project is slow enough as it is without being restricted by a self-elected leader claiming, "Let's do all Grass moves first!".

Of course, it's likely that what people will want to do are the easy animations. Don't make it a rule, though.
There are no rules here, only suggestions to make the project a little more organized. But I have to contradict my own suggestion just to get this thing started. Here is the first upload for new animations that I whipped up sometime last week. I have an idea on how contributions could be made. I suggest that this file that I have uploaded be placed on the wiki as the "master file". From It contains three folders - Data, Graphics, Audio. The data folder includes the latest Pokémon Essentials animation file with our animations added in. I have started at 90 on the animation file that goes in the data folder and included five animations to get us started. Not the best, but they are a start. Any person that wants to add to this folder can edit the animation file, then copy back to the file along with their graphics and audio files in their respective folders, then they must upload that back onto the wiki. You will find a READ ME txt document in the archive that has a change log section in it. It is recommended that whoever adds any animation to this folder, to update this change log. I have included more details in the read me file.

Here is the file with my contributions:
http://depositfiles.com/files/ya66vyz0o
Please add this to the wiki.

I'll include a change log in my post in this thread to let others know what I did:

_____________________________________________________________
11/21/12
Pkmn.master
Cut
Crush Claw
Fake Out
Fury Swipes
Scratch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75    
Old November 21st, 2012 (05:33 PM).
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
It's not a good idea to share versions of Animations.rxdata. You can use it personally to make the animations, but when it comes to sharing them, you should export the one you want individually as an anm file (basically a txt file) from the "Animation Editor" in the External Editor. It's much more flexible, more accurate, contains extra animations settings which may be used, and so on.

Put the exported anm file, audio file(s) and animation sheet into a zip and upload it somewhere (or attach them to a post in this thread). You can bundle a few animations together, although remember that each will have its own anm file. Each Essentials version will gather all of these and include them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.