The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:08 AM
niallmuz
King Of Water Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far,
Spoiler:
I have the Fighting/Electric/Bug castles unlocked, and I'm building up my army at the moment
but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.
okay i wont make a challenge in it unless it gets popular aha and to get moon stone you can either luckiyl find it after a battle or later in the game theres a travelling salesmen wich you can buy all the evo stones from. and if you want to evolve your eevee into leafeon just win a battle in the grass castle with about 80% link but id recomend evolving eevee into glaceon because the last castle is quite hard unless you have an ice type
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far,
Spoiler:
I have the Fighting/Electric/Bug castles unlocked, and I'm building up my army at the moment
but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.
You can go to Serebii, they have a lot of guides.
Here's a link: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/

Hope I helped.

I also agree with niallmuz, evolve Eevee into Glaceon, it will help you a lot.

My wife and I share my PSN account.

Last edited by bctincher15; September 24th, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
HELLO EVERYONE SHOULD GO SIGN UP FOR GTX CHALLENGE EVENT :) :) :)
Old September 25th, 2012, 04:10 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
Nvm, found it. But I'm still thinking if I wanna join it.. Since I kind of want to combine every challenge with a monotype.. XD

Last edited by 11wildy; September 25th, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:18 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
Nvm, found it. But I'm still thinking if I wanna join it.. Since I kind of want to combine every challenge with a monotype.. XD
There's no reason you can't make it a monotype.
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:49 AM
11wildy
Me!

But it's difficult to find a type it actually works for. Since gifts are pretty evenly distributed and I did some of the most common ones already :p I'm still puzzling for it though
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289115

Challenge event link for any interested. Be sure to get there before 11:59 CT Sept 25 if you want the full package. You can join after but it won't be as immersive.

Myrrhman, you gonna participate?

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100

Last edited by jdthebud; September 25th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v
doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?

Ultimate Monotype:

Old September 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
11wildy
Me!

Sydian, don't worry, just take the test and see how genius you are And in the breaks you should take from studying you can play the challenge :D. You'll be fine
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:12 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?
We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:56 AM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote:
We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)
oh, okay, that wasn't real clear in the description.

Ultimate Monotype:

Old September 26th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Well at this rate, idk if anyone's gonna get to trade lol. v_v Remind me to not run this type of event with such a small time constraint...so who's ready for the October event that was actually supposed to be September event but I was sick and away at the beginning of September so we're having it in October?! YEAH! You'll have a month. :3
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:02 PM
11wildy
Me!

Awesomeness! Just remind me to finish the current one before the time runs out >.< I will have to do some sick playing saturday probably to get it done. Seeing I'm just behind Whitney and I still have to do a Chansey hunt.. O_O
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

I wouldn't worry about the time constraint for the GT event. Everyone gets the emblem regardless because the event was so bad. I posted a hint as to what the October event is about in that thread btw. Hmmmmmmm. It's for any game as well, so it's not like the Christmas or St. Patrick's Day events from last year. All games are welcome.
Old September 29th, 2012, 01:07 AM
11wildy
Me!

More epicness! But I'll still try to finish the current challenge, It'll just take a while. Stupid university etc >.<
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Don't worry about the GT event Syd, in the end there was a challenge to partake in, and that's all that really matters.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

I wish I could have participated in the event, but all my cartridges were being used... :( Maybe next time? :D
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
I wish I could have participated in the event, but all my cartridges were being used... :( Maybe next time? :D
You could always have used an emulator. I tend to use them because all my cartridge games are like completed Pokédexes and stuff and I don't want to delete all of it.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

^^Ah, right. I've tried to use an emulator once, and I got it downloaded... but then something crazy about winzip files happened and it was super confusing and terrible. So I gave up on it.
I'm terrible with computers. :'(
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
^^Ah, right. I've tried to use an emulator once, and I got it downloaded... but then something crazy about winzip files happened and it was super confusing and terrible. So I gave up on it.
I'm terrible with computers. :'(
It's well worth figuring out how to use them. Having access to almost any game is helpful when doing challenges.
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

^ It's helpful, yes. I always have extra copies that are for restarting for challenges and such, so I never use emulators for challenges. Only did that once, and did it on a cart at the same time as well, haha.

I don't even think I want a GT challenge event ever again after this one. v_v
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:12 AM
11wildy
Me!

I continued with the Swap Meet challenge, but it turns out Shuckle is actually pretty Solid to use! It can take literally ANY move, while it does damage over time with things like Wrap, Swagger and Rollout! And later in the game it can get Curse and Toxic as well!

Edit: Shuckie just took 12 HP damage from a critical hit super effective move :3
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:19 PM
11wildy
Me!

Just wanted to say that I finished my Swap Meet challenge on Crystal! I challenged Red with all my pokemon level 56, never had an easyer battle against him. Onix killed Pikachu in one hit, Shuckle Toxiced Espeon and I kept using hyper potions on it until espeon died. Snorlax died to Onix, which used Screech 3 times, then 2HKOd with Earthquake. Blastoise was taken down by a critical hit Thunderbolt from Electabuzz. Venusaur was beaten by repeating Fly with Aerodactyl, so it kept missing Solarbeam. Then Charizard was finished off by a powerful Ancientpower. GG Red, GG.

In a try to revive this, what challenges are you people diong lately?
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

As of right now, I'm doing my Nervous System challenge on Diamond (doing it right now actually) and a poison Monotype on Sapphire.

So far I've been enjoying my challenge, and I'm being really careful as I don't want anyone to die XD

My monotype is going well, I always enjoy it when I play it, it's just that I've been lazy and haven't felt like picking it up :/

Also, I'm thinking about doing a challenge for White 2. Any ideas?
What about everyone else?

Sponsored Links