The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:46 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Apparently they are.

Quote:
Foo Fighters Say So Long, Neil Young Stomps at Global Citizen Festival
Dave Grohl delivered more warnings that the Foo Fighters will be staying away for a very long time at the massive Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park on Saturday, flatly telling the estimated 60,000-plus fans that "this is it."

"Without making a big deal out of it, we don't have any shows after this. This is it, man," the frontman said before the band ripped into "Learn to Fly," their fourth song of the night. "Honestly, I don't know when we're gonna do it again... and this is the perfect place to do it."

The place was the Great Lawn. The view for Grohl and company was a sea of devotees and the NYC skyline about 25 blocks to the south. The free, ticketed event that inspired the group was spearheaded by the Global Poverty Project, an advocacy group that works to end extreme poverty. Somali-Canadian singer K'Naan and indie rockers Band of Horses opened with brief sets.

Foo's intensely all-in performance kicked off with "Times Like These" -- "This song was written for nights like this," Grohl mused, and the night was dotted with stadium anthems like "All My Life," "My Hero" and "Best of You."

Before set closer "Everlong," Grohl's message to the leaping, arm-waving masses contained a hopeful opening, "I don't know when, but we'll see you again."
Source

So I want to know what you guys think of this.

As a fan of their music, I am very devastated to hear this news. Foo Fighters were definitely a band that changed rock music and were part of what it is today. They were truly an amazing band that changed many people's lives. I really hope that isn't an official break up but just a temporarily break from music. I really appreciated what Dave Grohl and his mates did and thank them for it. They truly were great and I wish they good luck in the future and hope for their return.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
:'( I love the Foo Fighters and all they have done for music (Grohl Especially). I hope they come back soon and bring us more great songs.
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

I thought they already went on hiatus at there last uk show a few weeks ago.
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSymes View Post
I thought they already went on hiatus at there last uk show a few weeks ago.
From what I heard Grohl announced it before their performance of "Learn Too Fly" at the Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park on Saturday(September 29).

Last edited by AWsquared; September 30th, 2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Actually Learn to Fly
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
This is such devastating news, I love their music and they were such an awesome band.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old September 30th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
From what I heard Grohl announced it before their performance of "Learn Too Fly" at the Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park on Saturday(September 29).
With their headlining spot at the Reading Festival, the Foo Fighters (led by ex Nirvana Dave Grohl) closed their long tour in support of the latest album Wasting Light. While on stage, Grohl talked to the huge crowd and he said: “Well, well, well. The ****ing Reading festival. You guys realise we’ve got a lot of songs to play. It’s the last show of the tour and it’s the last show for a long time“.
That is what he said a month or so at reading in uk.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:45 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSymes View Post
With their headlining spot at the Reading Festival, the Foo Fighters (led by ex Nirvana Dave Grohl) closed their long tour in support of the latest album Wasting Light. While on stage, Grohl talked to the huge crowd and he said: “Well, well, well. The ****ing Reading festival. You guys realise we’ve got a lot of songs to play. It’s the last show of the tour and it’s the last show for a long time“.
That is what he said a month or so at reading in uk.
Hm. I'm not sure then, but I think this time it's pretty legit since they did play at the Global Citizen Festival on Saturday and made that announced. It's devastating to know that they're gone for now. Hopefully they make a return though.

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:51 AM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
Better a hiatus than a full on breakup. That'd be unfortunate.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
I'm sure they'll be back. Everyone needs a break, even from something they love. Best of You is an amazing song though. I remember when it came out, I hated it and didn't understand it. Few years later, it made sense haha.

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
White_Arcanine
Lonely and annoying.

Nature: Lonely
It's a shame that they're going on hiatus, but it's not like they came to a tragic ending like Nirvana. I'm sure they just wanted a little break from each other ya know, the world is wide and filled with many great people to meet.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
For smaller bands, in my experience, hiatus means the end lol. But for a larger-scale band like the Foo Fighters, there's no doubt they'll be back. :)
Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Ardos
Community Supporter

Aw man. I love the foo fighters. Glad I saw them in May when I had the chance!
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Hm. I'm not sure then, but I think this time it's pretty legit since they did play at the Global Citizen Festival on Saturday and made that announced. It's devastating to know that they're gone for now. Hopefully they make a return though.
I'm hoping that this will be like the Killer's hiatus, where they are able to come back and everything is how they left it. Its a shame because I really liked their new album and was looking forward to new stuff.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links