• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Tododile line or Squirtle line?

which line?

• Squirtle

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Tododile

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Other rare water lines

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Water pokemon? eh...

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Squirtle line for me, 'cause I like all of them, whereas in the Totodile line the only one I like is Croconaw.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Squirtle. I like turtles(especially ones that look like Bowser with cannons) more than alligators even though I love how Croconaw looks like an aggressive Yoshi.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Tough choice, but since Totodile is my all time favorite starter I would have to choose the Totodile line. Wartortle and Blastoise are also cool, but overall I just simply love Toto's line y u p.

Years
9.png
160.png

both are very well designed actually, but I like the Squirtle's line a lot more. Squirtle looks nicer and cuter to me. And Blastoise is one of the most badass starter pokes! Feraligatr is kinda creepy...

Years
Totodile line for me cos they learn an Ice-type attack naturally. Also, I didn't like the Kanto starters much.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I voted the Squirtle line, simply because I love all three stages of the Squirtle line whereas I only like Totodile and Croconaw but am not a fan of Feraligatr.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Feraligtr is so cool and totodile is so cute. I think Squirtle is cool, but I don't know why. I just think the Totodile line is better.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
Blastoise is the best designed starter in my opinion. I always remembered choosing squirtle in pokemon red. Never liked totadile. I would have to go with squirtles evolutionary line.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
While I don't have lots of affection for the Squirtle line, I really dislike Feraligatr and Croconaw. Their designs, stats, movepools and even names are horrible, and it really taints the whole line. The Squirtle line, while kinda boring in comparison to the Emploeon/Swampert lines, at least it competent in all of the metrics mentioned above. As such, it gets my vote.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The Squirtle line for me. I've always disliked the Totodile line with a passion; everything about them strikes me as not good. Their designs and names are irritating and their stats aren't great, so they really aren't Pokémon I've ever gotten on well with. As for the Squirtle line I've always been a pretty big fan since Squirtle is adorable and Blastoise is a bit of a brute, so they're definitely the line I prefer of the two.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Feraligatr's spelling is all that it takes for me to hate the entire Totodile line. End of story. :P But I do like Squirtle. Wartortle is awesome with his wings on his head.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Squirtle line. If only Bastoise had natural-looking pumps coming out of its shell than these metal ones. Like as soon as Wartortle evolves rushes to buy army equipment.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I love Wartortle's design, but I'm impartial to Squirtle and Blastoise. I find Totodile to be adorable, Croconaw is a cuddly caveman, and Feraligatr is fierce and surprisingly usable in competitive play. So my vote goes for Totodile's line.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Definitely Totodile line! I never really got to like Squirtle for anything other than its design, as I've barely even used it, since both of the other starters of its generation overshined it in pretty much every aspect. Charmander was really popular amongst pretty much everyone at the time that the first generation games were big, and Bulbasaur was just easy to get through the games with, whereas Squirtle never really benefitted the progress in any way that the other two didn't, so I never really felt a reason to use it. After I learned that Grass types were also good against Rock types, I instantly switched over to Bulbasaur.

Totodile, however, was probably the strongest of the three starters in the second generation. How I felt about Squirtle quite generally fell upon Chikorita in this generation, except, unlike Squirtle, the game was significantly harder to get through in the beginning if you chose Chikorita, which of course provided a much bigger challenge, but was also quite annoying, so I either went with Cyndaquil or Totodile. And yeah, though Cyndaquil might've been my first choice most of the times, in a battle of being the favourite between the Squirtle line and the Totodile line, it's definitely the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back