The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Gold version was my first Pokemon game. Gettin my ass kick by whitney. Meanwhile team rocket was running looking like the hamburglar, committing petty crimes; I mean...really?! Cutting off the tails of Slowpoke?! Seriously, like...WTF...WHY?! All while dealing with a grody pre-teen who obviously didn't get held enough when he was a baby.
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:53 PM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
Diamond was my first Pokemon game. Thought it was meh at first, but now re-visiting I think it is great! Platinum was a significant improvement and HG/SS were awesome!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 06:42 AM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter Tier 2

Pokemon Red was mine. I got it like the second day it came out. I'll never forget picking it up.

Old October 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Rothometapratis

Pokemon Blue. I bought it about 10 years ago or so. I remember that I had chosen charmader at first, but restarted it with squirtle.
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
Mine was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time. I played it a lot and my mom even played it XD My first mainstream pokemon game was diamond. It was technically supposed to be for my sister and me but the minute my mom put it down, i grabbed it and ran into the bathroom, ds in hand and picked my buddy, chimchar. The game seemed so magical then. Good times.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Silver. Rented it when everyone was talking. Soon got my own GBC + Silver + Blue and eventually got several more. Been playing ever since even if I am getting bored of it.

Being a college grad lets me have nostalgia for those things.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Pinta77
Wonder Trade Troll
Community Supporter Tier 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Pokemon Crystal was my first, and I played it soooo much! Ever since then, I've been a pokemon fan.

Old October 9th, 2012, 09:38 PM
jerichob10
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Calm
Pokemon yellow was my very first game. And even though it was the game to start it all. I loved it and i even play it every now and then to bring back old memories.

3DS Name: Jericho
3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

My first game was not even a main series game. I believe it was Pokemon Colosseum. My first main series game was Diamond version. My folks were rather strict on letting me buy Pokemon games. Though I was fortunate enough to play my friend's Yellow version when it first came out. Fun times.
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:11 AM
casualsden
Unhatched Egg

The first game I played was Pokemon Yellow.

edit: It was Pokemon Red.

Last edited by casualsden; October 11th, 2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
The first Pokémon game I played was the yellow version. I was only 5 and couldn't even read so I didn't enjoy it that much at that time to be honest x)

Old October 13th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Pokemon Red! Had it for a very long time, a mother's friend bought it for me when I was 4 or 5. It spent some time at my cousin's but after he got bored of Pokemon, I asked whether I could have it and its been in my Gameboy Colour.
I also just realised that my Gameboy Colour died on me. D: Or is it the batteries run out...

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Alex
I can taste you on my lips~
Community Supporter Tier 6

My first was Emerald, but I vaguely remember getting a FireRed somewhere in that time frame.

I was such a noob about Pokémon back then. It was when I lived the game in a reality closer to the real world. I know so much about the mechanics behind it that its just not the same ;_;.
The PokéCommunity Live! <~Sotomura> “It’s personal.” <Greninja> ignore twocows he smells like twice the manure <+wakachamo> Alex are you in a state prison rn <+twocows> my doujins are the best <+Alex> sometimes ecchi can be a kickstarter for an overworked motor <Greninja> lunatic is the only mode I play in <~Sotomura> I really don’t feel like watching Best Wishes <+Alex> the guy preventing me from being first on the voice list <+Alex> good holy christ its way better without minaj <Zeffy> yaoi is the sounds they make while doing the nasty <+twocows> i really want my pc to be more like a phone <+twocows> thanks, microsoft
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Ariana

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Ariana
My first Pokemon Game was Blue... when they first game out, my siblings and I loved it. :D I may have taken breaks within the series due to various reasons, but I always keep coming back.
Feel free to add me~ just let me know yours in a pm or something~ :3
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I'm a diamond boy myself. Now I wish I had gotten Platinum...

But, ah! The memories! I even kind of remember my team...

Piplup, shinx, drifloon, (for a bit) budew, starly, (for a bit) dialga, and possibly riolu, gible or chingling? I can't exactly remember.

God, I was such a noob. I didn't realize Luxray was not half dark type (I figured it was because it learned bite and crunch) until the Elite 4. XD
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:27 PM
IrishAurum
Rom Hack Connoisseur

Nature: Calm
Mine was Green belive it or not a friend of mine (he was much older) had gotten it from japan and he never let me wear headphones while playing

Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIrishAurum
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
My first game was Emerald, which is also my favorite, when I picked Torchic as my starter, but curiosity brought me to FireRed shortly after.
Man I need to play Gen 2 and 4, I don't even remember the name of the Gen 2 games =/
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'
Community Supporter Tier 5

My first game ever was Crystal Version. I will always remember it fondly; I spent a lot of time in Goldenrod and Violet City. The latter always reminds me of crisp fall evenings and nights now. It's amazing how the mind can create such associations! All because of my first video game.
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:27 AM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The first Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Yellow - loved it and then, I got Pokemon Gold and I loved that more.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Pokemon Silver! I received both Silver and Gold along with a Gameboy Color on my eighth birthday. For some reason I thought Silver was shinier or something so I put that game into my gameboy first and started playing it. Ahh the memories.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
From Hell To The Stars

For me it was Blue. Sucked horribly at first until I stopped using crap like Butterfree and Raticate in favor of my trusty Blastoise which became bffs with a Snorlax I caught later on in my run, the carnage was unbelievably simple but oh so glorious at the time.

Last edited by Ephemeral Euphoria; October 17th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
~Electrivire~
My Imaginary Friend Haz Issuez

Nature: Naughty
First Game:
Sapphire - Started with a Mudkip and then switched my main Pokemon to a Dustox. Got Dustox to level 68 before quitting the game. Mudkip remains a low leveled Mudkip lol. Quit right before Elite 4. I think I might have lost the game, but oh well. It was extremely fun. My final team was:

Dustox - Female, lv. 68
Crawdaunt - Male, lv. 47
Azurill - Female, lv. 15
Wurmple - Male, lv. 3
Wurmple - Male, lv. 7
Wurmple - Female, lv. 8

I really wanted a Beautifly... as you can see by the Wurmples. I only kept Crawdaunt to help Dustox in double battles.

Flygon- Status - COMPLETE - Male, Lv. 100 (Thanks JeXsus!)
Magmortar- Status - COMPLETE - Female, Lv. 50 (Thanks LiveWire!)
Electivire- Status - COMPLETE - Male, Lv. 100 (Thanks LiveWire!)

Espeon- Status - Eevee
Umbreon- Status - COMPLETE - Male, Lv. 57
Milotic- Status - Complete - Male, Lv. 50

The reason an R is in my name is because I mistyped it... lol
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

Nature: Relaxed
My first pokemon game was fire red back in 3rd grade. I had just bought my first console, a gba sp, off of a friend for 11 dollars. He gave it to me with fire red in it, when actually he made a mistake. It was supposed to be ruby version. So, the next day when I told him that he also owed me a charger because the gameboy died I also told him that I had fire red. And lemme tell you this firered cart was AWESOME. It had lvl 100 scizor, mewtwo, blastoise, zapdos and Deoxys! Like whoa! Then he told me that it was his brother's game and that he meant to give me Ruby version. So we exchanged. I never took the time to look at my friends pokemon in ruby version, so I probably missed out on a Deoxys but too late for that now. Anyway, I eventually got gold (which i was actually borrowing and it didnt save), then blue(also borrowed and didnt save), then pinball, then pearl, then silver(which didnt save but i fixed it last year), then red, another ruby, then another gold,then trading card game (for gbc), then crystal, then a third ruby, then firered, then emerald, then another firered, and most recently I got Sapphire for my birthday this year. I still have every pokemon game that I've ever owned except for the borrowed ones, obviously. Also, please pardon that wall of improper puncuation. had2bdone.
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Blue version! Then I moved on to Yellow and so on. I never got to play Red, but I hear it's not all that different. x)
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Ikuto
Unhatched Egg

My first game was Pokemon Red! I remember playing it when I was in kindergarten. I've grown up with Pokemon and its definitely a huge part of my life.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links