• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Note that he won't call out to you if your party is full even if he's found an egg, so you should have a free spot in your party and just bike back and forth in front of him like others suggested, otherwise you'll have to go talk to him.
This isn't usually a problem the moment you drop off your Pokémon, but it can cause issues when trying to reclaim them or if a second sprouts within the footsteps walking into the daycare (in which case the woman directs you to her husband). It helps when doing this trick to put everything away except someone with Flame Body (speeding it up) and perhaps a Fly candidate, then when breeding is done retrieve and stow, put in the next mates.

Right now, my Ditto is basically living there. It hasn't been out for a while.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Okay thx for all the help guys, hear is another

If you breed 2 shinies together do you have a better chance of getting a shiny?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think if you have a foreign Pokémon it improves the Shiny chances. However, it's still incredibly rare. The only Shiny I've ever seen (excluding the Lake of Rage Red Gyarados) is still harpooned to Pokémon Emerald and is not leaving Box 14 of the PC until I can transfer it to the 4th gen. I love having that one; two Shinies for the price of one once I evolve and get a free Ninjask! :D

Cyclone

Years
BP , help!

What would be the quickest way to get BP..its so boring doing single train, i cant even get past 20 streak...i know i suck but whats a good way or any tips?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Super Single is your next best bet when it comes to earning BP. After winning a streak there, you earn 5 BP; at the next streak you win, you earn 6, and so on, up to a maximum of 10 BP. However, the BP reward is reset back to 5 if you lose a streak.

The Super Single line (and Super Double line) is only available post-National Dex.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Truthfully, Super Double is far easier for me than Super Single. You should try out both and see what you're better at. You can try running a rain team. They're fairly easy to build and use. In doubles, boosts are risky to use because if you're unlucky, you'll get pounded by two pokemon on your booster. On the other hand, it works the other way around too, so you can get away with going hyper offense and using splash moves like Surf, Rock Slide, etc.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Rebuilding existing pokemon

Has anyone been able to fix a pokemon team say from gen four or even 5 w/o having to start over. I am soo annoyed with my team. I release a few of them because they just sucked. Ones I got are EV trained. I ponder if they are well ev trained even if I follow the numbers. Any rebuilding advice is appreciated

Years
Has anyone been able to fix a pokemon team say from gen four or even 5 w/o having to start over. I am soo annoyed with my team. I release a few of them because they just sucked. Ones I got are EV trained. I ponder if they are well ev trained even if I follow the numbers. Any rebuilding advice is appreciated

Do you mean start the game over? Or start with a brand new team?
Because yes on both accounts.
I had my in-game team and just blasted through like that, then when they were good enough to take on the E4 and the daily sports arena's I introduced one new Pokemon at a time.
IV bred, EV trained and now they're all between level 69 and 94.

Basically it's introduce one new member at a time until it is strong enough to replace a current member.

dankdoctor

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
Looking for someone to battle, trade, and just play this game with.

I haven't played in a while and I've already conquered the Pokemon League a couple of times. I'm looking for someone to battle, Someone with an interesting party (No legendaries).

My party consists of:
Torterra (Male) Lv. 100
Tyranitar (Male) Lv. 100
Metagross Lv. 100
Gigalith (Male) Lv. 100
Salamence (Male) Lv. 100
Gyarados (Male) Lv. 100

Any takers?
I have to go to work in an hour, But I'll be free tonight around 11pm.
Just send me an email [email protected] if you are interested.

B&W FC: 4900-3699-7207

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Do you mean start the game over? Or start with a brand new team?
Because yes on both accounts.
I had my in-game team and just blasted through like that, then when they were good enough to take on the E4 and the daily sports arena's I introduced one new Pokemon at a time.
IV bred, EV trained and now they're all between level 69 and 94.

Basically it's introduce one new member at a time until it is strong enough to replace a current member.

I was talking about retooling your existing team. Changing Moves, Re-ev train if possible, etc..

Seperate question. Is it possible to have a dragon based team? I have 4 dragons which i know is too many on one team. Or do i stick to pokemon that counter its weakness?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
when is global link coming back from maintenance?

Maintenance was from September 25th to October 2nd I believe so it should have been back for a few days now.

I know Wednesday they have Maintanence, but I dunno why its not back up yet. Most likely an internal error.

They haven't posted an updated time.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's back?

Time I start doing all of my breeding to fill up the Pokédex as far as I can, methinks...

How successful have all of you been using the GTS? I'm thinking of putting up one of my Zoruas for each Pokémon I request. Are you limited to seven requests as the screen seems to suggest?

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back