The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:20 AM
suryabharat
Koolbuddy85

Advertise here
Thank-you Jambo51 for giving this information I am new to hacking rom and now knowing that its little difficult right way to get into ASM stuff as u said I will skip this for time being ...
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Felgrand89
Unhatched Egg

Is there any other way to change the original name of a pokemon inn Platinum version, because PPRE is not working for me.
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:48 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryabharat View Post
Thankx awipe1 but I know how to update the trainer with new trainer spirite and replace the existing trainer ID with new trainer.

What I want is, if u have say 300 trainers already in the Rom and no empty trainer ID slots now I want couple of extra trainers say 5 so total 305 trainers with their different trainer IDs. The better example is Emerald Rom which has no empty trainer ID slots where I want new trainers to be added to the Rom.

Can any one help me out with solution.
Oh sorry I don't know how to do that =(
But I am having the same issue with YAPE and available moves, I am trying to make a POKEMON have more available moves then the default, so if you know how to do this let me know! =)
Old October 3rd, 2012, 02:29 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Hi I'm not sure iff i'm at the right place for this.
but my question is about never black and white but that threat is closed.
so where can I ask my question?

My queation is : im stuck at busque arnica(spanish version) im stuck at the down left corner
I jump down a ledge and there is an exit there but I can get out.

What to do?

And is there an english version?
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:55 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
My question is : im stuck at busque arnica (spanish version) im stuck at the down left corner
I jump down a ledge and there is an exit there but I can get out.
That just means that the alpha/beta has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_of_Darkrai View Post
I'm working on a hack right now and I'm wondering how to create a warp from a pokemon event, like if you engage a legendary, i want it to send me somewhere. Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, does anyone know where I can find script and hex editing tutorials besides youtube, I'm better at reading than watching video. And I would like to know how to remove the Birch event so I can just access the bag.
This question belongs to the script help thread.

Last edited by Pinkish Purple; October 3rd, 2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
YellowMilk
Unhatched Egg

I have a problem whenever I load a map i created later on in the day it gives me eaccess violation error. anyway to fix it?
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
robosllim
Unhatched Egg

I've searched pretty thoroughly, both through the offsets in unLZ myself and through the forums here.

All I want is the offsets for the Pokemon type graphics. That is, the little boxes that say "Fire", "Fight", etc. in the Pokemon stat screen. I found a thread that had the offset for Ruby, but nothing for Fire Red, and the general offsets thread I found for Fire Red didn't list this offset in particular.

Help is much appreciated!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
I have a question.
It was possible to do in POKEMON RUBY more than 3 starters to chose?
In plot of my Pokemon Ruby hack <Pokemon Drity Sun> I want give a player able to chose one from Five starters... It was possible to add two more starters?
-----------------
Another my problem is... When i add pokemons to 27 empty slots in RUBY... I have two strange problems.
1. Random Freeze <In wild Pokemon Battle>
2. Wally Catching study <When he enter to the grass game freeze>

How can i Fix that?
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954

Last edited by Ksiazek Bartlomiej; October 3rd, 2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Another task
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Felgrand89
Unhatched Egg

Can someone please help me with PPRE, It wont save any time I change a pokemons name
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Rise_of_Darkrai
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMilk View Post
I have a problem whenever I load a map i created later on in the day it gives me eaccess violation error. anyway to fix it?
I had that problem too, just load your rom, then manually open your map by it's bank and map number.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
robosllim
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by robosllim View Post
I've searched pretty thoroughly, both through the offsets in unLZ myself and through the forums here.

All I want is the offsets for the Pokemon type graphics. That is, the little boxes that say "Fire", "Fight", etc. in the Pokemon stat screen. I found a thread that had the offset for Ruby, but nothing for Fire Red, and the general offsets thread I found for Fire Red didn't list this offset in particular.

Help is much appreciated!
Found the answer. The offset in Tile Molester is 00E95FDC.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
is it Possible to make a Hack where you can be Evil or Good? and if you can please tell me
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmasterify
is it Possible to make a Hack where you can be Evil or Good? and if you can please tell me
What exactly do you mean? If you mean a karma sort of system, then yes you can.
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:31 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

if your gonna make a puzzle, like in the ruins of alpha, or in Dark Cry, does it require asm?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I have a question.
It was possible to do in POKEMON RUBY more than 3 starters to chose?
In plot of my Pokemon Ruby hack <Pokemon Drity Sun> I want give a player able to chose one from Five starters... It was possible to add two more starters?
You will have to re-make the giving Pokémon script, preferably deleting Nintendo's and make a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
Well... DJG made this possible in Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians, check that and if it's what you want, then the answer will obviously be yes =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:26 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
if your gonna make a puzzle, like in the ruins of alpha, or in Dark Cry, does it require asm?
If you want to insert a puzzle like in the Ruins of Alph then in short, yes, ASM is needed. That being said, I'm sure you will find this link extremely helpful :P
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:33 AM
TB Pro
Old-timer

So, how do you go about editing the grass animation nowadays? Tile Molester won't work for me so I do not know what else to do.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
I'm trying to set more than one level script for a map to activate at separte times. I have done this before, but for some reason it's not working for me now. Both script types are 02, so the standard level script.

One uses and sets var 0x5000 to 0x1, and that one activates. Afterwards, it warps you to the same map, and the second level script is supposed to activate, which is set to activate when 5000 is 1. However, this second one won't activate, and I don't know why...
You have to link the scripts together.
I can't remember the command for it but I'm sure you can find the command in a Level Script tutorial or even look at the commands for the prof. script in a clean ROM.

Old October 4th, 2012, 05:53 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Ty for the reply. But it doesnt answer my question.

How to get out the forrest?
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anyone know if it is possible to bypass the Nidorino intro in Fire Red?
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Bofahad
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Hey guys, i just downloaded this hack, and it's look awesome.. but how can i play it? it's UPS version and there is a Patch thing... help please
I use NO$GBA

White 2:

Last edited by Bofahad; October 5th, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Andrut
Collecting dust since 1898

How to change the regional dex (order and Pokémon) in...:
a) Fire Red/ LG
b) Emerald
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:30 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofahad View Post
Hey guys, i just downloaded this hack, and it's look awesome.. but how can i play it? it's UPS version and there is a Patch thing... help please :(
I use NO$GBA
To patch a ROM:

Download LIPS (Comes with Elite Map), or download A-Patch from Hackmew's tool thread.

Open up either program and it'll ask you to pick the patch.

Then pick the clean ROM you want to patch.

Then it'll patch it for you, and you can play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoax View Post
How to change the regional dex (order and Pokémon) in...:
a) Fire Red/ LG
b) Emerald
Pokemon Game Editor comes with a tool that does that.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=265635
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Bofahad
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
To patch a ROM:

Download LIPS (Comes with Elite Map), or download A-Patch from Hackmew's tool thread.

Open up either program and it'll ask you to pick the patch.

Then pick the clean ROM you want to patch.

Then it'll patch it for you, and you can play it.

Pokemon Game Editor comes with a tool that does that.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=265635
Images or video please ?

White 2:

Old October 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
surfer treecko
help, how do I...?

For some reason, maps stop working when I change their size... Changing the x or y by 1 doesn't usually do anything, but changing the dimensions to 13, 23 (or any other drastic change) causes the screen to go black when I warp to them. I've really no idea what causes this or how to fix it...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here