The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
I feel sorry on that poor baby Pineco...

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nature: Relaxed
*Shrug* It's pretty common for Pineco to blow themselves up when they get excited.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

Nature: Hardy
I've got a slightly special announcement to make.. DCJBoi contacted me recently to express interest in seeing a map of the island made. Ultimately, it was decided that although there was a risk of it becoming relatively useless info that people just frustrate themselves by focusing on (Sort of like the time of day) we would give it a chance.

I will try something new and attempt to make a map of my own, though this is utterly new grounds for me and I'm honestly not all that interested in it. However, should anyone else be more interested, I'll be willing to provide relative locations for the various major areas of The Academy.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
<Challenger>
Live with the flow, baby!

So sorry about the inactivity! I'll post ASAP.

"Guys who don't appreciate a nice set of hips are about as good as preschoolers."
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
I've got a slightly special announcement to make.. DCJBoi contacted me recently to express interest in seeing a map of the island made. Ultimately, it was decided that although there was a risk of it becoming relatively useless info that people just frustrate themselves by focusing on (Sort of like the time of day) we would give it a chance.

I will try something new and attempt to make a map of my own, though this is utterly new grounds for me and I'm honestly not all that interested in it. However, should anyone else be more interested, I'll be willing to provide relative locations for the various major areas of The Academy.
I suppose if you gave me a rough sketch of where everything is I could make a nice little 8-Bit map.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:05 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

I came up with this. It honestly didn't take all that long. It's not exactly a graphical masterpiece either. But it gives the relative locations of every major area though. =o

EDIT: I also re-did the plot spoiler of the first post, which also hasn't really been touched since I got the RP. It now reads as followed:

Quote:
You are a young trainer that has just been accepted into the Pokémon Trainer Academy, an elite pokemon trainer's school located on a island with an uncannily diverse selection of climates and pokemon from every region. It was built, and is currently run by, Professor Gary Oak to aid new trainers in reaching their full potential.

One day you wake up to your initiation package from the school containing several pokemon and a letter attached reading as followed:

"Hello and congratulations on being accepted into pokémon trainer school!

My name is Professor Gary Oak, principal of this academy. I started this school to help beginning trainers to understand the unique qualities and specialties of all Pokémon. From abra to zubat our goal is for you to learn and master everything there is to learn in the ways of a being a great pokémon trainer. Throughout your time here you will be groomed into an elite, learning the ways of battle, utility, the art of maintaining a healthy relationship with your pokemon and the skills you'll need to keep both you and yourself physically healthy on the field. I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here and feel like you've accomplished something worthwhile by time you leave.
Yours Truly
Professor Gary Oak"

Although many see the trainer school as a straight-up wonderful idea and a way of encouraging growth in upcoming trainers, Prof. Oak sees it as a way of preparing young trainers for what he believes to be an impending battle with Team Rocket. Their goal? World domination. As a student your 'job' is to use your time well during your stay on the island as this supposed battle draws nearer and nearer. Making friends, making enemies, and exploring the depths your power... as well as the depths of the island's incredibly diverse climate. ...Or not!~ Go skip class and head to town, you party animal. This is your life, make use of it how you please.
I mostly re-worded a handful of things, fixed some capitalization errors scattered around. I also added a bit at the end to try and shed some light on the actual content of what goes on in the RP. (Cue: "PTA /is/ real life" joke)

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; October 5th, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3

Nature: Bold
I recently made a Wiki Page for Mark if anyone wants to give it a look. I may add some more stuff such as his relationship with other characters.

http://pokecommunityroleplaycorner.w...ki/Mark_Wilson

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 27 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 25 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Looking good Mega, I like the commission you've had done as well. Very interesting Trivia section too...

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:52 AM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
Spoiler:
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last):azur flyalls

Nickname (Optional):azurdly

Age (10-15):14

Sex (Male or Female):male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): Like this but with darker hair and a scar down his right cheek.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Although having a serious side, azur loves to help people. However he can be too helpful, and that led him to believe he was a failure in life. After he regained his confidence he went on to become an intelligent boy, although he can be a bit boastful at times. He is always optimistic and very friendly. He likes to battle and always rewards his Pokémon after a battle, win or lose.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): azur was born in the jhoto region but quickly migrated to hoenn where he befriended a metang by rescuing it from an abandoned part of machinery, soon after he found metang; he was 10 and was given some pokeballs, so he caught metang. A year later, they emigrated to unova by ferry, where a lone zangoose found its way into one of azur's pokeballs after mistaking azur for a person who saved him from a gang of seviper. Arriving in unova, and shocked by his new Pokémon, he befriended a joltick, who he soon caught. Then his parents split up and he was put into foster care, until he ran away, tracked down his mother and lived with her for a while. Finding out his mother had a criminal record was life changing, he ran away from her, and slept rough at the Castelia harbour. He awoke on a boat to the Pokémon trainer academy.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species:metang
Nickname(Optional):magneto
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):magneto is very happy go lucky but can have a serious side.
lvel: 24

Moves: take down,metal claw, magnet rise and brick break

speicies:zangoose( zangoose has black zigzags down his body)
nickname:evyl blaydes
personality: evyl blaydes loves to fight, but is very caring too and will do anything to protect his master
moves:slash, fury cutter,swords dance,poison jab
level:20

species: joltick
nickname:elespider
personality: elespider is very stubborn, but loves to eat and meet new people
level:20
moves:electroweb, screech, bug bite,energy ball

hope it is OK
credit to pokecharms for the 2 epic sprites i have used!

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's

Last edited by danaxe; October 26th, 2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
SummerSkies
is a budgie.

Nature: Timid
Hi, I am sort of new to roleplaying. I would like to join this roleplay. I am wondering if I could also get a quick summary of what happened so far in the roleplay. Thank you in advance. Here is my sign up:

Spoiler:

Name: James Preston Rybak
Nicknames: Jay, Little Blue Jay, Jay Jay
Sex: male
Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: Jay stands at a height of 5 feet, and 4 inches. His weight is about 99.9 pounds. Jay has a slender, skinny, slightly muscular, and short physique. His skin is of an olive peach colorization, and his hair is a dark ash blond. Jay’s hair reaches to halfway his neck, has bangs, and is a medium straight with slight waves. His eye color is a light blue with tiny specks of light brown. Jay has eyebrows that are of two rounded arches with the eyebrow hairs the same color as his hair. He has an oval face shape, and a round hairline. Jay often wears a scarlet t-shirt with a white shirt underneath, and sky blue jeans. His sneakers are red and white. He usually carries a sky blue and light brown messenger bag.

Personality: Jay is idealistic, reflective, kind, friendly, and quiet. He is interested in serving the world, and believes in his values. Jay is laid-back and adaptable unless something threaten his values. Jay often says thank you, please, sorry, and other polite words when possible. He dislikes the use of swear words. Jay likes to help people and pokemon with good intentions.

Jay is a polymath at art, science, and athletics, but Jay thinks he is a jack of all trades at art, science, and athletics, even though people are amazed by his work. Jay tends to be a perfectionist at his trades. He is jealous and envious of people who are better than him at his talents, and would compare himself with other people. Jay usually keeps his envy and jealousy bottled up within him until it releases upon himself. Jay would often feel that his work is not good enough or perfect. Jay has a low self-esteem, and is harsh on himself. He is not confident in his work. Jay has difficulty making new friends because he is too introverted and does not have the confidence to walk up and ask a person to be his friend.

History: Jay was born in Cherrygrove City in Johto to a fisherman and a bird pokemon breeder. Throughout his life, Jay was often surrounded by bird pokemon at home due to the fact that his mother is a bird breeder. The bird pokemon Jay was closest to and bonded with were a pidgey named Samuel, a starly named Nalafari, and a swablu named Emil.

Jay dreams of mastering all of his talents in order to inspire others. Jay started creating art at the age of five years when he saw Emil painting with her wings using crushed berries. Jay became interested in science at the age of seven years when he found a book about pokemon and science. Jay’s father would often encourage Jay to exercise daily so that his son would be fit and healthy.

At the age of fourteen years on his birthday, Jay became a pokemon trainer.Before Jay became a pokemon trainer, he was a cashier at Cherrygrove’s pokemart. Jay became a pokemon trainer out of curiosity of what is being a pokemon trainer is like. He had journeyed through Johto several weeks after becoming a pokemon trainer. While at a pokecenter, Jay saw a pamphlet about the Pokemon Trainer Academy on a shelf of pamphlets. He decided to go to the academy to learn more about being a pokemon trainer.

Pokémon:

Species: Pidgey
Name: Samuel
Nickname: Sam

Personality: Samuel is an independent, analytical, practical, intelligent pidgey. Sam highly values intelligence, organization, following the rules when needed, and competence. Sam is a natural leader, and he would only follow someone else if the person or pokemon if he trusts them enough to be a leader. The pidgey often plans what to do, and turn theories into plans. Samuel would observe his surroundings and situation to solve a problem. Sam is interested in science, and likes to do experiments to test his hypothesis. He would observe pokemon and people who he finds interesting. Samuel sees the world as a world full of problems to solve. Sam is unwilling to accept blame, and is not good at expressing his feelings. Sam could be a bit insensitive to others. He dislikes not being useful enough, and not having the knowledge of certain things. Samuel has not evolved into a pidgeotto yet because he made a promise with Nals and Emi to evolve together. If Samuel had a MBTI type, he would be an INTJ. Sam represents the scientific side of Jay.

Lvl: 20
Moves: Fly, Roost, Steel Wing, Heat Wave, Pursuit, and Return

Species: Starly
Name: Nalafari
Nickname: Nals

Personality: Nalafari is action-orientated and adaptable in most situations. He is focused on quick results. Nals considers his life to be fast-paced, and is a dare-devil. He doesn’t care about theories and introspection. His decision-making process contains barely any empathy unless it is important. He makes decisions based on facts and logic. The starly is fun-loving and spontaneous. Nalafari loves playing pranks on others. Sometimes, his pranks get him into trouble. Nals doesn’t care about the law or rules if they get in the way of what the starly likes to do. Nalafari is very athletic and loves to race and fly. Sometimes, Nals would brag about being athletic. Even though Nals has a naughty nature, he is very loyal to his peers who are close to him. Nals gets bored easily, and prefers action. He may accidentally hurt someone when he uses insensitive language. Nalafari has not evolved into a staravia yet because he made a promise to Sam and Emi to evolve together. If Nalafari had a MBTI type, he would be an ESTP. Nals represents the athletic side of Jay.

Lvl: 25
Moves: Fly, Roost, Brave Bird, Thief, Tailwind, and Double Edge

Species: Swablu
Name: Emil
Nickname: Emi

Personality: Emil is a sensitive, shy, quiet, kind swablu. Emi hates conflict, and often tries to avoid conflict by being neutral. Emil is a loyal, faithful friend to her peers. She is very sympathetic to others, and appreciates the beauty of others. The swablu is very flexible and open-minded to others. She has very deep moral values, and tries her best to follow these values. Emi is reserved and hard to know well. Sometimes, Emil would hold back her opinions in order to not upset anyone. She is original and independent, and needs her personal space when necessary. Emi is very perceptive to other people, and tries to figure out what it means. Emi tends to be in tune with her senses. Emi is difficult to get angry, but when she gets angry, she gets really angry. She likes to create things that are strong to the senses such as using art and singing. Emi has the ability to inspire others with her art, but she does not realize it. If Emil had a MBTI type, she would be an ISFP. Emi represents the artistic side of Jay.

Lvl: 23
Moves: Fly, Roost, Dragon Rush, Sing, Protect, Safeguard

Last edited by SummerSkies; October 7th, 2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
Alright, this is my first rolleplay signup, tell me if I mess up!

Name: Orange Henry
Gander: Male
Dorm: Raikou Dorm
Appearance: Wears lots of red has brown hair, freckles, has a hat he is very attached to, has a big and black backpack
Personality: Orange wants to be a pokemon researcher. But as Prof. Elm said: "He lacks focus in actually studing the pokemon!" So, Orange is a little discouraged when it comes to school, but he pulls through. If he is having a good day, he is upbeat and encouraging, but is the opposite on bad days. By the way, don't ask about his hat. He gets really emotional about it. If he catches a pokemon that doesn't like him too much, he trains it so it becomes more friendly toward him. He is a bit of a cry baby, but can get really angry if provoked. He battles stragtegically with as much might as he can muster but he also battles for fun.

History:Met his Bonsly at age 4. He grew up with it in New Bark Town, Johto. Loves allthe pokemon he meets, as long as they don't attack him. He gets attached toobjects when they are something dear to him like his hat for example. But don'task about that. Other than that, he traveled the Johto region until his mothertold him he was accepted to the Pokemon Trainer Academy. He races home with the first two badges he earned in theJohto League. He begins to study with Prof. Elm to prepare for the academy, andthe Prof. gives him an egg he is supposed to hatch as the final part of histraining. He still has it as he attends the Academy. He really wants to knowwhat is inside, but we will have to wait and see about that. He has a historywith computers and has attempted to make a pokedex, but utterly failed. Prof.Elm sent him off with lots of knowledge, but Orange has a craving for more. Heis hoping to take a breeding class so he can hatch his mysterious pokemon egg.He also sketches pokemon, but that's just a hobby. After sketching, he puts thepictures into his makeshift pokedex failure. During the last week he is inJohto, a party is thrown for him by his mother. At this party Orange cried lots and lots. He decided when he returned, he would win the Johto league with his Bonsly. His mother gives him around 10 pokeballs and a few treats for the boat ride. His mom tells him to be safe and have good luck at the academy, but we don’t know if that will happen or not. Overall, he loves pokemon and attends the academy,hoping to make new friends.
Pokemon:
Bonsly
Bonsi
Loves Orange lots, but is a bit hard to get along with when you don't know him.
Level 12
Fake Tears
Copycat
Flail
Low Kick
Rock Throw
(none, for when he learns Mimic and evolves into Sudowoodo)

Egg
(none)
(none)
(none)
(none)

Last edited by OrangeNess; October 8th, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@Danaxe: Alright... I'm afraid I can't approve this. For starters, your character does not seem to have actual personality flaws to speak of... At least, not the way you've written him. o3o

The history doesn't describe much. You catch a bunch of pokemon, but little to no detail is given. In fact...
Quote:
where a lone zangoose found it's way into one of azur's pokeball
...What just happened? o3o I'm not sure, but one does not simply 'catch' a pokemon without trying. Not unless you're Arceus incarnate, or Pokemon's local archaelogist playboy philanthropist daughter of god Cynthia.

Lastly... there's just a great deal of errors scattered throughout the app. It doesn't feel like you... really tried. Spellcheck, or simply remembering to capitalize the beginning of a sentence would probably help immensely. Heck. I'd recommend after the deadline if you need an easy to use spellcheck that just integrates with your browser.

@SummerSkies: Your SU looks great~ I really like how you were far from full-offensive with your team strategy. Swablu's moveset is especially pleasing. You're accepted. c:

@OrangeNess: Mmm... Alright. I'll say this. What you /have/ isn't all that bad. The only issue being... it's very short! o3o Could you expand on the history and personality sections? Also, you may want to run it through a spellchecker while you're at it, just to make sure that doesn't become another issue that needs solving.
Old October 7th, 2012, 09:45 AM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

@PkMn Trainer Yellow: I'll fix that. DO you still have room for me to join?
EDIT: I've fixed it.

Last edited by OrangeNess; October 7th, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old October 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@OrangeNess: Yup... Just get working on that SU. The sooner it's completed, the sooner I can start working on giving you a respones.
Old October 7th, 2012, 12:15 PM
SummerSkies
is a budgie.

Can someone give me a quick summary of what happened so far in this roleplay? No one answered my question in my previous post. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by SummerSkies; October 7th, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old October 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
pat20cool
Psyduck

@SummerSkies, well my character is in the woods training with IceFyr's character. If that's any help to you?

Old October 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

I think they're asking about the RP as a whole.

So far, the "plot" is only really in its beginning stages. Most people have been wandering around, training, battling, making friends etc. Team Rocket have sent a few spies undercover as students to try and figure out what exactly the Academy is all about, and I think one of the spies is currently being discovered by a number of students.

Does that answer your question?

Old October 7th, 2012, 12:42 PM
pat20cool
Psyduck

After over 7000 posts it's crazy to think, the plot is just beginning...

Old October 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
SummerSkies
is a budgie.

@pat20cool: Thank you for responding to my question. Sorry, I was looking for a quick summary of the entire roleplay.

@Lincoln West: Thank you for responding to my question. Yes, it does answer my question.
Old October 7th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Glad to help! I hope you enjoy PTA.

Old October 7th, 2012, 02:09 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

Team Rocket is not the entirety of the plot. :U It's more like the end-goal. 90% of things will be character development focused. All this walking around and making friends is supposed to be getting your character somewhere.

Just think! If you stay with us, some day you'll look back at everything your character has done, all the little things they've accomplished, and you'll be able to say they /earned/ the ending they got.

...I made a choice to refuse giving players a generic ending, even if it would be very hard on myself. Different characters will get different endings, and those endings will depend on all the little things you've done accumulated.
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User

Nature: Bashful
Glad Kilik was one of students who discovered a rocket spy, but that's not why I'm posting. o3o I'm searching to get Kilik into a relationship. It's Thanksgiving IC & his parents aren't gonna be able to come. Just being around friends won't help him very much. So, anyone with a female character interested?

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with PinkSapphire
~Dia+PS~
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@OrangeNess: Alright. The verdict is that your history is still somewhat short. If you could add about 70 more words worth of content to it I'd be happy to approve you. That's it though! o3o
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:55 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Third time's the charm! Alright Yellow it's a 302 word paper now. I wish i wrote this much in school.
Old October 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@OrangeNess: I'd be kind of disappointed if you didn't. o_o;

Anyway, you're approved now. ; Feel free to get started.

Sponsored Links