• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I was asked by the guy at Gamestop if I wanted to pre-order Black or White 2. So I did. Nothing much to say about it. I wanted the game anyways so why not?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I actually never thought about being embarrassed to play it, I mean people in my college don't play but it never crossed my mind, I got to my GameStop at 11 am (opening) and ask for the game, there are a couple of kids and I even saw a couple getting B/W before, only reason I don't play on campus is because I have consecutive classes then I leave, plus I'd like to focus on my work

Like every year, I'll ask for the game, throw down my two 20s get my pennies back and drive to my dorm and play it with sweaty palms of pure excitement, as I do every year

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
I have no reason to be ashamed, I'm not one to think that another's opinion of me is too important. (unless it's really bad like they think I murdered someone or something o_O)

I went to the midnight release of BW last year and the majority of people there were older than me and my friend (we were both 16 at the time) Majority there were probably 18-19 to early 20s with like one 11-12 year old there.

Years
I am a female, 24 and have bought pokemon games at videogame stores many times. I have no shame and the cashiers don't even blink or look twice.
One even gave me extra info on which version to buy when I was choosing black or white.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
The games themselves are some of the best RPG's you will ever come across. Besides, it's not like I need an excuse since I know a bunch of people IRL who also play it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2012
my exucuse...............hmmm

the cops are on to me so i need to buy a ds and copy of white 2 lol.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
They're pretty smart for changing things up in BW and BW2 because many people who skipped D/P and HG/SS got back into it.
...I skipped everything after Crystal until HG/SS. Second Gen was always my favorite. I discovered that the games are still fun as an adult. There are no excuses needed for more Pokemans!!!

Years
My excuse is that I, for once, will be using my own money that I've been saving since the summer to buy B2 or W2 rather than use my parents' money :P

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
My excuse is nothing. I mean its nothing to be embarresed of. I just went last minute to get Keldeo, one of the workers there just went, "Oh you're picking up a Keldeo? sweet"
A KELDEO. and proudfully walked out with my new Pokemon and a poster.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
"I want to play the game, so I'm gonna buy it" lol. I know I won't look a blubapedia though. Iwant to play it like I did when I played RBY. I want to get surprised at every turn :)

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
I used to be kind of insecure about still playing Pokémon, but I've finally realized it's no big deal. I just walked into Gamestop and bought it this time with no pretense of getting it for someone else or whatever. Incidentally, both of the guys working were also fans, so we got to talk about how excited we were to play. Most people who pick on others for their hobbies are just projecting their own insecurities and trying to fit in. There are tons of people of all ages who either still play or have fond memories of when they did.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
There is no reason it's Pokemon...I've been playing since Red/blue..I'm in an adult in the late 20's so yes i'm kinda old but never to old for a game

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I just bought it. Actually most people buying it were highschool/college age. The real funny thing is a few kids were buying games like Halo and other M rated games while the older people bought pokemon. Found it funny :D

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Hard
Mode
Pokemon
Nuff said
I just bought it. Actually most people buying it were highschool/college age. The real funny thing is a few kids were buying games like Halo and other M rated games while the older people bought pokemon. Found it funny :D
Just show them Smogon university and we will see which game that truly "mature" or "hardcore"
:D

Back