• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Contest: [First MotQ 2012] Voting Thread

Which map do you think deserves to win MotQ?

• hinkage's map?

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Ach7AC's map?

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • RedFan's map?

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
First Map of the Quarter - 2012

Voting

So, the maps have been submitted, and three maps have been chosen by DrFuji and myself for the community to judge. We are aware that the competition could have been executed a bit better, and so in future, the competition will be posted in the ROM Hacking forum, rather than the Hacks Showcase. However, this thread is for voting for the map that you think deserves to win the First Map of the Quarter award of 2012. And so, without further ado...

The Maps

hinkage:
Spoiler:

Ach7AC:
Spoiler:

RedFan:
Spoiler:

Rules:

• No complaining if your map wasn't chosen as one of the final few.
  • This thread is for simply posting which map you chose in the poll. No arguments! If you feel a discussion may be getting off-topic, then take it to VMs or PMs. You may also post any questions you may have about the competition here.

Last edited by a moderator:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Nice to see so many people participated, I voted for Redfan, overall it was the best even with the bridge slightly inserted wrong. :D

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
I have to say I think Ach7AC's is the best. The only thing that made me think twice was that it was a little dim and I liked the brightness of the other two. But! I liked the tiles and the placement of trees and grass! :D

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
The other maps are good, but Redfan's defintely comes out on top this time.

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
The real "Art" in Mapping is, that you make a good map with bad/normal tiles..
So i voted for Redfan's map, it was just the best ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Ach7AC's map stood out to me the most as one I could see playable in a game. The map has an actual path coming in and guiding you around the southwest part of the Route, and the cave seems to serve as a connecting point for the entire Route on different elevations, whereas having both Surf and Waterfall lets one easily explore everything.

Redfan's map seems like a one-way trek (I hate that) and hinkage's doesn't flow as well to me as Ach7AC's does, though I can see it's a dead-end to the north and it suggests to me that a legendary Pokémon could possibly await the player there.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
when will the voting end?
It's already ended per "poll closed" under the poll. I disagree with the choice made, as I thought the middle was a more technically sound and playable map, but it seems the majority disagrees with me.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back