The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

On current topic :
my favorite Steel Type legendary would be Dialga because it got a cool design and it's powerful.
My least favorite is Heatran because of it's horrible design and typing.

Old October 4th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I forgot about Heatran :P. That beast whatever creature it is,is plain horrible. Look at those metal teeth,plump body and glare. He isn't a very attractive Pokemon. Also he's got a 4x weakness to ground and really slow.

So I think one of my other least favourites would be Heatran :|
. :p
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
who is your favorite Steel Type legendary??
I'm going to say the powerful Dialga, it's design is amazing and it's one huge powerhouse. As for HP, it is a durable little guy, and with respect to attack, it is a strong fighter. When it comes to defense, it is tough to kill. Dialga has 100 base Special Defense, so it is pretty resistant to special attacks. In terms of speed, it is pretty quick.

Who is your Least favorite Steel Type legendary??
Heatran as everyone said i dislike him bcuz of his design

Old October 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Who is your favorite Steel Type legendary?
For me Dialga, I love the blue colors on it and it has good stats, especially Special Defense. Also, its Roar of Time attack hits really hard. It's also pretty fast despite its large size, and it's a total powerhouse.

Who is your Least favorite Steel Type legendary?
I'd go with most of those guys and say Heatran, it just looks so ugly and it has a 4x Ground weakness which is bad cos Ground is a common attacking type.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
*~Shiny & Tough~ (Steel-Type Fan Club)*: First Official Quiz~

*This quiz is only for our members*

Hello everyone, the long awaited quiz is here. Again, all rules are below, please read before taking this quiz:

1) Try not to search for the answers.
2) All entries that are posted here will not be accepted.
3) You are not to ask any other members here for help.
4) Do not rush for the results.
5) Have fun taking it.

All completed entries must be sent to me via PM. If not, your entry won't be counted.

The quiz is in a spoiler below & good luck, guys.

Spoiler:
1) Name one of Lucario's Egg Moves with this description:
Quote:
The user hardens its body's surface like iron, sharply raising its Defense stat.
2) At what level does Pawniard evolve?

3) What is Metagross's species clarification?

4) Which two Pokemon are the results of their pre-evolution forms being traded while holding a Metal Coat?

5) How many Pokemon learn Metal Burst through level up?

6) How does Magneton evolve? (Must include both Gen 4 & Gen 5 methods)

7) What is Genesect's ability?

8) Name this Pokemon with this Pokedex entry:
Quote:
It is thought its body transformed as a result of iron accumulating internally from swallowing soil.

The first two who sends in their entries with correct answers will win the Genesect's. As for the other two, they will win the special Aron's.

Once again, good luck~

~Mid

Last edited by revere; October 4th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Answering the topic:
Favourite Steel Type Legendary:- Dialga. I used it once in Diamond and it was Amazing. It has many good moves like Roar of time and Metal Burst.

Least Favourite Steel Type Legendary:- Heatran. As others have said, Heatran have a 4x Ground Weakness plus a Bad Typing. It doesn't learns good moves either. It can learn Magma Storm but it has very low accuracy.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old October 5th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Interesting. I would like to join this club

Username : Rambagos
Partner Pokemon : Bastiodon & Ferrothorn
Answer to current topic:
Who is your favorite Steel type legendary?
My favorite Steel type Pokè legendary definetly Dialga. Like everyone said, Dialga are pretty strong and fair design. It's cry also awesome in Anime and games. I love it! <3

Well, I do believe Heatran so ugly. But Forretress name aren't good. Again, Forretress body looks more strange and mysterious. What is inside his shell? And how did Forretress can fly? Strange-strange-strange! And I thought Heatran more usable for battler than Forretress. So, my least favorite steel Pokèmon at this time are Forretress.
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambagos View Post
Interesting. I would like to join this club

Username : Rambagos
Partner Pokemon : Bastiodon & Ferrothorn
Answer to current topic:
My favorite Steel type Pokè legendary definetly Dialga. Like everyone said, Dialga are pretty strong and fair design. It's cry also awesome in Anime and games. I love it! <3

Well, I do believe Heatran so ugly. But Forretress name aren't good. Again, Forretress body looks more strange and mysterious. What is inside his shell? And how did Forretress can fly? Strange-strange-strange! And I thought Heatran more usable for battler than Forretress. So, my least favorite steel Pokèmon at this time are Forretress.
Hello Rambagos, and welcome to the club! Remember to try out your Steel-type knowledge with the quiz!

As for the current topic, I'd have to agree with you with Dialga and Heatran. Dialga is one epic Pokemon with a unique type combination. It's design has got to be one of my favourites, as well as its cry. Plus it's signature move Roar of Time is absolutely amazing. You don't mess with the Temporal Pokemon! XD
Also, Primal Dialga was pretty awesome in PMD:Explorers of Time and Darkness.
I really don't like Heatran's type combination. Fire and Steel just makes it more susceptible to Ground-type moves like Earthquake. And its base Defense is only 106- even more likely that Earthquake is bound to KO it in one go.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Thank you. But the owner of this club hasn't welcoming me, lol
Ah well, after reading the quiz, I though it's not easy. I need some help from Bulbapedia and will fill those quiz after back to home cos I am still busy at schools.
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Answering the Topic:

I think Ferrothorn will will because it can Leech Seed and Ingrain for health and can even Iron Defense for Defense. It can even use Bulldose while most of the KlinKlang moves are no t very effective on Ferrothorn.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old October 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Welcome Rambagos to the club, my friend. We currently have a quiz & it ends by midnight so you better hurry if you wanna take it.

And to all of you that have answered it, all of you have been very supporting & most of you have lots of correct answers, good job, guys.

To the answer to my own topic: Well, just a simple answer will do, I'll go with Ferrothorn. Just like what Aryan had said, I agree with his logic.

One last thing, Hikari10 is on a hiatus from PC for about one year so we have temporarily lost a member but I'll still be able to contact her. if any of you would like to send her a message, please inform me.
Old October 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Hello everybody, you can call me Jericho! In my pokemon black game the first pokemon i traded for was my scarmory and i raised it to lvl 100 and it was the first pokemon on that game that i did that with. So i am proud to say that a steel pokemon has been my ally from the very begining.

Username: Jerichob10 (call me jeri or jericho)
Partner Pokemon: Scarmory
Answer to current topic: I think the best steel legendary is dialga because of its look and its power. It is a great pokemon overall and deserves more attention then it gets.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 6th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Answering the Topic:

I think Ferrothorn will will because it can Leech Seed and Ingrain for health and can even Iron Defense for Defense. It can even use Bulldose while most of the KlinKlang moves are no t very effective on Ferrothorn.
Agreed. Most of the moves Klinklang can learn aren't very useful against a Steel/Grass type like Ferrothorn. And yeah, like Aryan said, Ferrothorn can learn Bulldoze, so Klinklang can't do much. Klinklang has OK Base Attack and Defense, but its Defense is nothing compared to Ferrothorn's 131 Base.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

To answer the newest topic:
I'm going to agree with everybody else so far and say that Ferrothorn would most likely win.With all it's strategic and healing moves like Leech Seed and powerful physical moves Klingklang just doesn't stand a chance.

It's stats are better overall as well.
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

WHY IS BISHARP THE FEATURED POKEMON I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS BISHARP IS SCARY. :(

Anyway sorry guys, been away at freshers for the past week but I'm back! I seem to have missed a fair few topics for which I apologise and I'm not certain which ones are currently dead, so I'll just answer the new one instead and post properly next time :D Ferrothorn vs Klinklang eh? Honestly I know next to nothing about Klinklang, but from what I understand it's supposedly not a very strong Pokémon at all when it comes to competitive battling whereas Ferrothorn is a beast... Although Ferrothorn relies mostly on it's set up moves like Spikes iirc? So it wouldn't really get the change to use those which would be a big disadvantage. I'm not certain that Klinklang really has many moves capable of doing mass damage to Ferrothorn based on Ferrothorn's typing, whereas Ferrothorn (as said above) does have moves like Leech Seed to deal a constant stream of steady damage... Although Klinklang is known for it's unique power up moves, so I reckon if it could survive a few rounds of Ferrothorn's attacks (which it most likely could given Ferrothorn's attack and Klinklang's bulk) and get time to boost it's stats, I reckon Klinklang could probably come out on top with some hard-hitting stat-boosted moves. Plus worst comes to the worst it can learn Rock Smash ;p
Old October 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
DoraDAZ3R3D
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Hi!

Username : DoraDAZ3R3D.
Partner Pokemon : Lucario and Scizor
Answer to current topic:
I have none (Yeah, I know, I'm a boring player...)
Heatran, because of its design
Old October 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Hi Dora! Welcome to the Shiny and tough club!
Lucario is one of my favorite pokemon!

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 7th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraDAZ3R3D View Post
Hi!

Answer to current topic:
Hi, welcome to the club! May I ask why you chose Lucario and Scizor as your partners? :o And you must have a favourite Steel type legendary! It's just the one that you hate less than all the others :D How about Jirachi, do you like that? Or Dialga? You must have a preference! If you only had one space left on your team and you had to choose between Registeel, Steel-Arceus, Jirachi, Heatran, Genesect, Cobalion and Dialga, which would you choose? That'll give you your answer :D As for not liking Heatran's design, I kinda love it myself so it'd be awesome if you explained why you don't like it and maybe you'll be able to show us something we haven't seen before xD
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

On current topic :
i agree with everyone.
I think Ferrothorn can easily defete klinklang with Bulldoze attack.

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:48 AM
DoraDAZ3R3D
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Hi, welcome to the club! May I ask why you chose Lucario and Scizor as your partners? :o
Their design it's cool and sexy. Yeah, I said it, sexy! :D lol
I like a lot edgy and aggressive design, so they're my favorites in the steel type category.

Quote:
And you must have a favourite Steel type legendary! It's just the one that you hate less than all the others :D How about Jirachi, do you like that? Or Dialga?
Jirachi is not bad.. but the "PKMNtrainer girl liking the cute Pokemon" it's just too cliché, so.. no. ;
...I'll say Dialga, then

Quote:
As for not liking Heatran's design, I kinda love it myself so it'd be awesome if you explained why you don't like it and maybe you'll be able to show us something we haven't seen before xD
Okay, I'll go.
He's a fire/steel type a good contradiction, so he has less types to be weaker to, but ground types will always win against him. This is appealing, but it lacks in appearance. Appearance AND power matter to me, I won't chose a pokemon if it lacks in one of these and so I wouldn't chose Heatran.
...Talking about its appearance... I don't like the whole design, teeth, eyes that "helmet" or "horns", as you prefer and colors.
Don't ask me how I would re-design him, because it would be a long description to write, but one of the first things I would do it's "slenderize" it :D lol
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

On current topic
Yep, Ferrothorn is strong. It can easly defeated Klinklang for sure. So I should give it more detail? Oh sorry, I can't do that. I don't understand a huge detail about compet battle. As well look at their design and type, I think Ferrothorn will be the winner. After all, I always support Ferrothorn because those Pokèmon is my partner Pokèmon in this club. I won't dissapointed you my beloved Ferrothorn lol
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraDAZ3R3D View Post
Hi!

Answer to current topic:
welcome to the club, Daz!!
u like lucario? me too
it is an awesome Pokemon<3 <3

Klinklang VS Ferrothorn, who will win?
I'm going to agree with everybody else so far. Ferrothorn is strong. It can easily defeat Klinklang for sure.It's stats are better overall as well.

Old October 8th, 2012, 04:25 AM
DoraDAZ3R3D
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
welcome to the club, Daz!!
u like lucario? me too
it is an awesome Pokemon<3 <3

Klinklang VS Ferrothorn, who will win?
I'm going to agree with everybody else so far. Ferrothorn is strong. It can easily defeat Klinklang for sure.It's stats are better overall as well.

Hi
Yeah, he is! :3

About the current topic:
Klingklang VS Ferrothorn.
Both are steel type, but one is also grass type.
KlingK. has good attack and defense, while Ferrothorn has good def and sp def and higher stats, compared to the first pokemon.
I think that if used properly, Ferrothorn may anyways have better chances to win against Klingklang.
Old October 13th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

I think it's time for a new topic n_n.

What steel Pokemon is the most underrated?
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Arcanine View Post
What steel Pokemon is the most underrated?
That's a tough question, a whole load of Steel types are very underrated imo. I would say Bronzong, but I have seen it used on occasion so I guess it does have some press... So I'm going to go with Registeel - that's a Pokémon that I rarely see used but has huge potential to deal a lot of trouble for the enemy. Registeel's stats may make it seem like he's only good for one thing, and to be honest that is really the case, but he is very good at what he does best. Registeel makes an outstanding counter for a whole range of Pokémon boasting incredible defences and the perfect move pool for a stalling Pokémon, so against the right team he's an utter beast to fight. Moves like Stealth Rock, Toxic and Seismic Toss make Registeel a perfect staller so he's always got a reliable set to use. However, Registeel can also boast some diversity - using moves such as Curse, Iron Head, Rest and Earthquake, Registeel can be used for a much wider range of positions in the team and can really surprise most enemies. I can think of many more underrated Steel types, but I'd say this brute is the best example. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links