• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I think it was the most expensive video game in Australia at the time, for some unknown reason. But lately it's been relatively good, special edition pre-orders for Assassins Creed 3 are between $70 - $90 for the special editions. Pokemon B2W2 are $60 everywhere as well.

And yeah it's really expensive in Australia, it makes you value money a little more I think however.
Everything is ridicilously overpriced in Australia compared to everywhere else. Shoes, clothes, games, even cars ahah. It's the most deperesing thing. I buy most things from eBay instead.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Just the market I guess. Like videogames and electronics are always expensive in Japan.

Speaking of Japan, I just bought some figures and things from there @_@

Shipping was like 35 quid though @___@ expensive!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
But why? It doesn't make any sense to me why things are so overpriced in one country but not another.
Australia has higher wages than places like America where people get most of their payment from tips. We're mostly isolated from the rest of the world too, so shipping to get things here from China, America, etc, is far more expensive so stores ask for more money so they can still make profit. Plus our population is barely over 20 million so ehh.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I don't mean space wise, just most Australian's are annoying asses. Plus most of Australia is bush, infested with insects and animals that could kill you in 20 seconds. Seriously the spiders here are so big they have health bars.

droomph

weeb
Years
The less idiots the better? Are you kidding me? YouTube would go out of business if that happened :P

I don't mean space wise, just most Australian's are annoying asses. Plus most of Australia is bush, infested with insects and animals that could kill you in 20 seconds. Seriously the spiders here are so big they have health bars.
reference: crocodile hunter

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Last I checked for Australia, even a digital copy online for whatever reason, costs like an extra 10-20 dollars... so it's not a matter of importing a game to the middle of a giant rock type of thing.

Then again, my friend's sister works in a supermarket for 17 roo-dollars per hour...? I'm pretty sure that I don't get 17/hr in a supermarket type of job in Canada. I can only attribute the price to taxes/tariffs of some sort.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Last I checked for Australia, even a digital copy online for whatever reason, costs like an extra 10-20 dollars... so it's not a matter of importing a game to the middle of a giant rock type of thing.

Then again, my friend's sister works in a supermarket for 17 roo-dollars per hour...? I'm pretty sure that I don't get 17/hr in a supermarket type of job in Canada. I can only attribute the price to taxes/tariffs of some sort.
Weekend rates can be anything up to like $20 an hour for an average teenager, because we don't get tips.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think the online thing is just because the market in Australia can support it. If they couldn't, I bet digital prices at least would drop.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Yeah, Australian minimum wage is ridiculous, especially compared to the US. Our minimum wage ($7.25) is really low in comparison to a lot of other countries.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
And in a way, you suddenly realized that their video game prices aren't that bad if their minimum wage is double of ours (or higher) XD; I'm a freakin' part-time math teacher and I do not make 20/hour D:

droomph

weeb
Years
My mom said that she makes $100 an hour and I was like :o holy ****

and then I realized that half of america makes less than $15 an hour, and then I gave up hope on getting that music studio I always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back