The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Tabletop Games

Notices

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Advertise here

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Cassino
Meduka Meguca

Advertise here
Being new to the game (the Japanese version at that, but we can discuss all versions here) I wanted to know if anyone here played, and thought this place could do with a mahjong thread since searching suggests there never has been one. Maybe we could all learn something, it's rather a difficult game.

So, if there's anyone out there, fire away!
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
I used to really enjoy playing that game online haha. I couldn't figure out any of the puzzles beyond the easiest level, MAYBE the second easiest if I was lucky. Even though I'm terrible at Mahjong I still enjoy playing it.
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Just like Snowdrop mentioned, I tried to play the game but couldn't figure out how to play. I still want to learn how to play the game. I want to have basic knowledge in all board games, and card games.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - 1/8 - game: X
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cassino
Meduka Meguca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdrop View Post
I used to really enjoy playing that game online haha. I couldn't figure out any of the puzzles beyond the easiest level, MAYBE the second easiest if I was lucky. Even though I'm terrible at Mahjong I still enjoy playing it.
Puzzles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianTrainer View Post
Just like Snowdrop mentioned, I tried to play the game but couldn't figure out how to play. I still want to learn how to play the game. I want to have basic knowledge in all board games, and card games.
I've learned what I know from the following videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh0brmqq4sk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7o0MWZOQ38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edopjH6V9l8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-GV4GVvFGc
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I only know the basics of Chinese Mahjong. I don't know any of those special combos that make absolutely no sense if you don't understand the meaning behind each tile. I think I also know a little bit about Japanese Mahjong by noticing the differences between Japanese and Chinese Mahjong. I'm just assuming some of the rules of Japanese Mahjong from watching other people play.

Correct me if I'm wrong but do you use something called Riichi in Japanese Mahjong when you are in tenpai and it acts as some sort of multiplier when you obtain a winning hand?

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Penta Penguin
The forgotten/ghost member of PC

I used to play something on the Master System, for which I know quite a bit about Japanese Mahjong. I know some of the special hands, like buried treasure, 13 orphans, 9 gates etc. The Dora, is quite useful in Japanese Mahjong, and that is what I go for, if I have 2 tiles that match the showing tile in the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but do you use something called Riichi in Japanese Mahjong when you are in tenpai and it acts as some sort of multiplier when you obtain a winning hand?
Yes, Riichi is used in Japanese Mahjong, and I think it either doubles your value or adds another point to your score. I've rarely played Riichi, because I usually get Pungs/Kongs to help my hand quite a bit.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Gold warehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Puzzles?
probably mistook mahjong for mahjong titans/solitaire

god bless, I'll be watching this, it's difficult to learn the rules by reading.

Unless you already know it, you should learn/play Go as well. Very simple, but still challenging and fun. Can have surprising outcomes.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendak View Post
probably mistook mahjong for mahjong titans/solitaire

god bless, I'll be watching this, it's difficult to learn the rules by reading.

Unless you already know it, you should learn/play Go as well. Very simple, but still challenging and fun. Can have surprising outcomes.
I've always wanted to try playing Go but I am terrible at learning new games like this :c Heck I don't even know how to play chess which is horrible to admit..

Same with Majong.. wouldn't even know how to approach playing it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here